Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i hope sekai isn't always the one who wins the match for the team

e: aside from the token 1 episode match victories that will be given to fumina and yuuma for character development(?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

I think the bigger thing to take from it is that more organic field changes than someone pushing a button to cause a sudden shift can now be a thing, since if it was suggested earlier in the episode that the forest stage was actually inside a colony, I sure missed it.

It also just establishes that Sekai is a nice and respectable guy. It also thankfully looks like Gyanko is not going to have a weird thing about her brother.

Nah, they've actually done this before and all the fields are actual Gundam locations. There was a fight in the first season where they blew a hole in a colony. (It was the first fight against Yuuki, I think but I may be misremembering.)

muike posted:

e: aside from the token 1 episode match victories that will be given to fumina and yuuma for character development(?)

Will it count if they turn into weapons for Sekai?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think you're right.

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, they've actually done this before and all the fields are actual Gundam locations. There was a fight in the first season where they blew a hole in a colony. (It was the first fight against Yuuki, I think but I may be misremembering.)

Will it count if they turn into weapons for Sekai?

n-ye-n...no?? no.

muike fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 22, 2014

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

chumbler posted:

I think the bigger thing to take from it is that more organic field changes than someone pushing a button to cause a sudden shift can now be a thing, since if it was suggested earlier in the episode that the forest stage was actually inside a colony, I sure missed it.

When it loads you can see the far side of the cylinder.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

What surprises me is how destructive Sekai's moves get, to the point of creating a goddamn hurricane centered on him.

His moves were not made for Gunpla, they were made for humans. Just how drat strong is the Jigen Haoh style? If it can cause even a bit of the destruction it does when it's used by a human...then Sekai's even more G Gundam than I gave him credit for, and I thought he was really G Gundam. Which is a good thing, G Gundam is great.

My theory is that Jigen Haoh style is a gunpla style and Sekai is just dumb and doesnt know that/Master forgot to mention it.

I also hope that Mirai also trained in Jigen Haoh style and whoops his rear end at one point.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You know, I wonder if Yuuma couldN't have flown to the other side of the Colony and sniped from there.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

muike posted:

Yeah, probably. At least Sekai's partners have names and personalities, I'm not optimistic about Gyanko's team being successful at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gils posted:

Yeah, probably. At least Sekai's partners have names and personalities, I'm not optimistic about Gyanko's team being successful at all.

Yeah, I'll honestly be surprised if Gyanko's team gets anything but a "owned to show how badass a new enemy is" showing. Gyanko herself will probably get more but Nobel and Rising are kinda doomed to job if they show up again.

Just like her brother.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Gyanko could make a showing when someone in the team gets sick or something (hopefully not Fumina) and they need a replacement. Or we could see a last minute team of fan-favorite-but-kinda-weak characters make it to the world tournament.

The team structure makes it much more likely that she'll get to do something cool during the big event.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

GimmickMan posted:

The team structure makes it much more likely that she'll get to do something cool during the big event.

This season's big bad executes their big plan. Gyanko / Sekai fire off a Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken that shoots a giant M'Quve at the final boss. The crowd goes wild.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyanko undergoes secret training in the Jigyan Haoh school and becomes the next meijin.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently the scale of this season is much smaller than season 1 so there wont even be a worlds tournament. Instead it will focus in the regional and national tournament. Which is why Burning is such a big deal, because this is a gunpla thats been to the worlds championship before.

Makes me slightly more hopeful that some of the cast will be sticking around instead of being abandoned for new worlds fighters that get chumped off screen.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh yeah, I don't know how many of you follow the Battletech LP over in Games, but in light of this post a few days ago:

PoptartsNinja posted:

To be fair, the Jetstream Attack was pretty much "The two of us run around like idiots while that other guy gets stabbed!"

I was really amused to see Team Song Dynasty Vase pull off a successful Jet Stream Attack on Sekai. :allears:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Apparently the scale of this season is much smaller than season 1 so there wont even be a worlds tournament. Instead it will focus in the regional and national tournament. Which is why Burning is such a big deal, because this is a gunpla thats been to the worlds championship before.

Makes me slightly more hopeful that some of the cast will be sticking around instead of being abandoned for new worlds fighters that get chumped off screen.

Knowing that disappoints me a little because I like how world tournaments have more international casts of characters, but I can see why they would do it. It honestly seems like a better idea even if it means a reduced chance of seeing cameos of Nils and Fellini.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

GimmickMan posted:

Knowing that disappoints me a little because I like how world tournaments have more international casts of characters, but I can see why they would do it. It honestly seems like a better idea even if it means a reduced chance of seeing cameos of Nils and Fellini.

Hey if thats the case and this season does well enough, we might get a season dedicated to the world championship! I think it would ultimately better this way so they can actually flesh out a worlds cast like G Gundam did.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Huh, it came to my attention that the original Mobile Suit Gundam came out 35 years ago in 1979 So in a sense, Ral really is 35 years old :haw:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

bondster posted:

Huh, it came to my attention that the original Mobile Suit Gundam came out 35 years ago in 1979 So in a sense, Ral really is 35 years old :haw:

He was already 35 in 1979 ;)
Kycilia Zabi also claims to be 24.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
"Because you're bad"

:laffo: best episode, i hope yuu keeps on trolling sekai

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Lurking Haro posted:

He was already 35 in 1979 ;)
Kycilia Zabi also claims to be 24.

Gundam has a tradition of people in their mid-twenties to thirties looking decidedly middle aged. Like Jerid's dead wingman.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

I was really amused to see Team Song Dynasty Vase pull off a successful Jet Stream Attack on Sekai. :allears:

Isn't that the only time a Jet Stream Attack works, even when we see the Black Tri-stars do it? It's been forever since I saw the original MSG.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Gundam has a tradition of people in their mid-twenties to thirties looking decidedly middle aged. Like Jerid's dead wingman.

Meanwhile, wasn't Zechs Merquise 17?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Lacus' lapdogs did it without issue in Destiny IIRC.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bondster posted:

If Ramba Ral's VA is in the hospital, they should just swap him for Hamon as his wife. No-one would bat an eye at her being just as into the hobby as him in Build Fighters.

MJP posted:

Isn't that the only time a Jet Stream Attack works, even when we see the Black Tri-stars do it? It's been forever since I saw the original MSG.

Speaking of Black Tri-Stars, how long do you think it'll before they turn up as a Dom-fielding team? :allears:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 23, 2014

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Speaking of Black Tri-Stars, how long do you think it'll before they turn up as a Dom-fielding team? :allears:

They already showed up in season 1. Yuuki wasted them all in the battle royale.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
That was more then I could have hoped for :allears: Gyanko was a qualifier level player right? She must return.

I love how you can even tell it was inside a colony to begin with.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

Gyanko was a qualifier level player right? She must return.

Her R-GyaGya didn't have the guns / extra sword the model kit comes with, so I would assume she comes back with an upgrade.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I saw it pointed out on 4chan that the design of Gyanko's battle club balcony is a direct reference to Riddhe's own balcony from Gundam Unicorn.

Neat detail.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Razzled posted:

"Because you're bad"

:laffo: best episode, i hope yuu keeps on trolling sekai

Yuuma being an insufferable little shithead to Sekai all the time is incredibly great if only because Yuuma is absolutely, unfailingly polite to every single other character. Even when Gyanko was taking potshots at him about how being good at building Gunpla doesn't mean you're good at fighting, his response was "I'll make sure to remember that!" as though he was taking the advice at face value.

Meanwhile when Sekai fucks up at the shooting range Yuuma's first response is "Wow you're terrible".

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I guess Yuuma's opponent in the HydraScythe Repair Hell Gundam will show up at some point, hopefully giving us an HG of the Hydra or similar.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A HG Mock has been announced, and the world is a slightly happier place.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I hope it comes with several extra heads for converting.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

A HG Mock has been announced, and the world is a slightly happier place.

I hope it comes with the targets on a stick.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I hope it comes with several extra heads for converting.

Going to make a Mocks Jet.

Edit: Pictures here.

Kit is the "Hi-Mock", also the Mock Armory accessory set and it looks like it comes with a regular head and a plain dome for conversion.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 23, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also a new suit called the Gundam Dynames Arm-Arms.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That's going to be like the Build Akatsuki, an out-of-universe exclusive that's being marketed as a BF kit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kanos posted:

Yuuma being an insufferable little shithead to Sekai all the time is incredibly great if only because Yuuma is absolutely, unfailingly polite to every single other character. Even when Gyanko was taking potshots at him about how being good at building Gunpla doesn't mean you're good at fighting, his response was "I'll make sure to remember that!" as though he was taking the advice at face value.

Meanwhile when Sekai fucks up at the shooting range Yuuma's first response is "Wow you're terrible".

I wonder how they'll deal with this sort of big guy confrontation. Are they going to have 3v1 with him using a mobile armor or will we have the main antagonists team up and have a proper 3v3?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They'll have to fight an even bigger magic crystal this time.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In a shocking turn of events radical gunpla extremists plant a bomb at Bandais production facility and Sekai has to be given instruction by a JSDF EOD tech to fly the build burning into the center and punch it into defusal.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The battle of Thermopylae but its entirely too many Mocks.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

The battle of Thermopylae but its entirely too many Mocks.

This. Is. Gun-plah!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
HG 1/144 High Mock & HG 1/144 Mock Armory Set - Announced!

quote:

HG 1/144 High Mock (Release Date: Jan 2015, Price: 800 Yen)
HG 1/144 Mock Armory Set (Release Date: Jan 2015, Price: 600 Yen)

I already have an idea for a custom paint job for this. :swoon:

• Locked thread