Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

"Surprise! A whole bunch of people that we gave free trips to and flew out to play video games all day really liked our game!"

You don't say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I'm sensing a tone of sarcasm in your voice at what can only be described as "the best first person shooter since Black Ops 1".

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Mister Macys posted:

I'm sensing a tone of sarcasm in your voice at what can only be described as "the best first person shooter since Black Ops 1".

Actually, that will probably end up being true. All multiplayer FPS have been crap for years now. This one I expect to be a little bit more of a polished turd than the rest, though. That's why I'm preordering this one as opposed to just buying it at Best Buy after the fact. I still feel dumb, though.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Finster Dexter posted:

I still feel dumb, though.

Don't we all.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Gun Game and Infected are returning. http://charlieintel.com/2014/10/21/infected-and-gun-game-modes-are-returning-in-advanced-warfare-mp/

Infected is going to be interesting if they let people use the EXO abilities in it.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

God I hope they bring back the "2 seconds of audio from the person you just killed."

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Got confused if I was in the Michael Brown shooting thread for a second.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Press Release posted:

In addition, Beachhead Studio is also adding new Active Roster feature, which will allow clan leaders to move players who won’t be participating out of the active roster, so their record doesn’t count against the clan during a Clan War.

I guess that's easier.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Two weeks from now is too far into the future to know whether I will be on an away project for the entire week or not, so I will be getting AW sometime after its actual release.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Hordes of tremendous nerds are currently dissecting this image.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

PS4 - FPS - (38)

Looks like I chose the wrong console. :qq:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You sure loving did. Who would play this on anything other than a bone?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You sure loving did. Who would play this on anything other than a bone?

Because I saw Titanfall, and feared for the future.

Also, I'm not so lazy I'd rather keep the friends list I have on more expensive, inferior hardware, with features that don't even work in my country- than take the time to remake it on better, cheaper hardware.

(that said, I think the Bonetroller is still better than the DS4)

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I don't know about Canada, but in the U.S. both consoles are $400.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Speaking of Titanfall holy poo poo that new update looks incredible. Should be able to tide me over until Cod Root Beer.

Also yeah Titanfall sure is awful have fun in Crucible mate ey!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Speaking of Titanfall holy poo poo that new update looks incredible. Should be able to tide me over until Cod Root Beer.

Also yeah Titanfall sure is awful have fun in Crucible mate ey!

Crucible is so loving bad; at least Respawn tried to clone CoD's feel.
And every map is so CQC and verticality focused it makes MW3's maps look like BF1942 levels of openess.
Destiny is a loving pile.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

"Respawn" basically invented COD's feel

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

I watched it on twitch and that was more than enough

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I'd play Titanfall horde mode once.
I'll continue to play Destiny raids.
I will definitely play the A&W wave-based mode.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

"Respawn" basically invented COD's feel

Some of them did, but they were expelled from Paradise, and had to recreate it with a different engine.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

if "Paradise" is where that stinking rancid shitheap called Blops 1 came from they can keep it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I meant Activision semi-sarcastically, but dude; don't say things you're going to regret.
We're all friends here; united by our love for The Only Good Shooter™ that is Call of Duty.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I don't know that we need to include the word "good" in that title

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Call of Duty has evolved beyond any individual game in the franchise.

It is a concept; a genre of shooter unto itself, beautiful and terrible as the dawn. Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love CoD, and despair!

:worship:

CoD is great. :jihad:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm not sure which is nerdier, that I know that's a lord of the rings quote or that you used a line from lord of the rings like that.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Mister Macys posted:

Call of Duty has evolved beyond any individual game in the franchise.

It is a concept; a genre of shooter unto itself, beautiful and terrible as the dawn. Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love CoD, and despair!

:worship:

CoD is great. :jihad:

I agree.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

hopterque posted:

I'm not sure which is nerdier, that I know that's a lord of the rings quote or that you used a line from lord of the rings like that.

I've always wanted to use that line. Normally I'm a sci-fi guy.
I love quoting fictional media.

This game can't get here soon enough. :sigh:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 23, 2014

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

This game can't get here soon enough. :sigh:

Are you doing the digital copy this year, or just counting on the ice road being ready in time?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

penis bandana posted:

Are you doing the digital copy this year, or just counting on the ice road being ready in time?

Digital. Probably not going to get the Digital Pro Season Pack edition though.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Mister Macys posted:

Digital. Probably not going to get the Digital Pro Season Pack edition though.

I'm going digital too, then on DAY ZERO I get to have COD and go to a concert, good day.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm tempted to cancel my Atlas Pro Edition pre-order and just get the digital version to save $28 (my Amazon copy is $128 after shipping). I wish COD had an account system so I could hop between PS4 and Xbone. Not having everyone on the same console sucks. :(

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I can't believe you sick fuckers are getting season passes after Ghosts. I'd rather pay the extra $10 and consider it money well spent on a COD that kept my interest through to the last DLC pack.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I figure with the way I rage-traded CODs and bought them again a month or two later, I might as well just buy the complete loving package so I don't end up wasting money.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Only getting a bone in December, thinking about double dipping and getting a 360 physical copy (Sell it to a friend when I get the bone.)

You guys think the 360 version will be 420p 30fps?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
If you buy it digitally on 360 you can get the bone version for free.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Some people have AW already, here's some images from it. http://imgur.com/a/NKajx

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Should be a fun selection of game modes.

"Party Size: 1-1"
Would this image suggest the possibility of multiparty play (for custom games, presumably)?
Cause a four team game of Uplink (2v2v etc.) would be pretty :krad:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 23, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Only 3 shotguns, god damnit.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
How do you know Uplink is any good? Did you watch some Twitch stream or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
That gallery got pulled already. Found one that's still up for the moment: https://imgur.com/a/QEAOg

• Locked thread