Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Seeing as the government is in a lot of debt and legalizing weed will only raise so much cash, lets brainstorm ideas for the government to raise money ITT!

I think citizens with a valid drivers license and a safe driving record should be able to drive as fast as they want whenever and wherever they want. They would have to pass a safety test with a certified instructor on a closed course and be rated as to their top speed allowed under various conditions. The catch is they would have to pay 10,000 smackers for this luxury, and another $1k a year to keep it active. Don't really see a down side to this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Require them for voting

Hoedown Throwdown
Mar 30, 2004
Ich esse Scheiße

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Require them for voting, imho

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
I would absolutely do this as long as I get to drive in the breakdown lane during rush hour

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Okay lets do that but also extend the program so that you can volunteer to only drive half the speed limit and the government pays you a small amount of cash each month.,

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

Okay lets do that but also extend the program so that you can volunteer to only drive half the speed limit and the government pays you a small amount of cash each month.,

this is a really good idea

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
You have to pay the government like 15% or so of your income just to live in the country

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
gently caress it if libertarians don't want to pay for roads they don't drive on, taxes are now out the window! Everyone will have a monitor placed in their car that charges them per yard driven on each road. This is how cities will make money now. Want to get some tourism in your town? Give people cheap or free roads to drive on. Want to keep poors out of your town? $2 a yard driven on any street in the city, gently caress you, got ours!

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
we should have a system where u can buy a poor minority from the gov't as an indentured servant as long as u give them shelter and regular meals

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

we should have a system where u can buy a poor minority from the gov't as an indentured servant as long as u give them shelter and regular meals

We tried that already. It ended poorly.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the wealthy more privileged than the poor thatll be the day

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Benefits of Platinum Driver's Licenses ID and Plate:

- Legally drive 15 over the posted speed limit on all highways.

- Drive legally under 0.15% BAC.

- Free tolls nation wide.

- Roll through all stop signs.

- Use emergency sirens to cut through red lights.

- Turn left on red.

Requirements.

- Professional Driving School Diploma.
- 200 hours of Impaired Drivers Training.
- $1000.
- Zero points on licence.
- 1000 hours community service.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Or just fix the holes in the tax laws while slightly increase taxes on individuals who hold the majority of income in the country.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

No. 6 posted:

Or just fix the holes in the tax laws while slightly increase taxes on individuals who hold the majority of income in the country.

Congratulations! You have been randomly selected for compulsory deportation.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

No. 6 posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS LEFTIST HORSE poo poo

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

No. 6 posted:

That would actually work. Stop suggesting plans that don't involve cutting already minor programs, harebrained ideas that came to you in a dream, and literal magic.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

We tried that already. It ended poorly.

mods please put a thats the joke emote here because i forget what it is

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Chris Awful posted:

Benefits of Platinum Driver's Licenses ID and Plate:

- Legally drive 15 over the posted speed limit on all highways.

- Drive legally under 0.15% BAC.

- Free tolls nation wide.

- Roll through all stop signs.

- Use emergency sirens to cut through red lights.

- Turn left on red.

Requirements.

- Professional Driving School Diploma.
- 200 hours of Impaired Drivers Training.
- $1000.
- Zero points on licence.
- 1000 hours community service.

Also, can buy beer at anytime of the day, even Sunday, even if you ain't 21!

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

No. 6 posted:

You've already been told a couple times but gently caress off with this logical proposal

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

You're right. We should sell licenses that give you immunity to ramming cars that are in your way. Nothing bad could come of that.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

No. 6 posted:

You're right. We should sell licenses that give you immunity to ramming cars that are in your way. Nothing bad could come of that.

Ugh, did I say anywhere in my posts drivers could break any other traffic laws? No. You can drive as fast as you want, but must use caution, like rush hour ain't the time to be showin' off your plat, but on a wide open freeway, crank that bitch up, you earned it! Hope this clarifies any issues you may have had, sir.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

Ugh, did I say anywhere in my posts drivers could break any other traffic laws? No. You can drive as fast as you want, but must use caution, like rush hour ain't the time to be showin' off your plat, but on a wide open freeway, crank that bitch up, you earned it! Hope this clarifies any issues you may have had, sir.

No...no please. I want to see the guy in the Matte Black Lamborghini do 140 into packed traffic.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

VendaGoat posted:

No...no please. I want to see the guy in the Matte Black Lamborghini do 140 into packed traffic.

OK. While we're at it, lets get rid of auto insurance, everyone knows it's a scam anyway really. Like if you get hit by another driver it's REALLY your own fault for not being a good defensive driver.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Do I get the chance to get a medal too?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

OK. While we're at it, lets get rid of auto insurance, everyone knows it's a scam anyway really. Like if you get hit by another driver it's REALLY your own fault for not being a good defensive driver.

Well, they were in the way of the Platinum driver. They should know their betters, why should the minority support the majority?

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
Uh, what about the poors?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Impaired driving license is a good idea, have a track, take 6 shots or pound 6 beers or w/e and then drive around it and whatever obstacles and traffic lights they set up to get a higher dui threshold

then you go for 10, 15, whatever til you gently caress up and that's your limit

This needs to happen, then there can be drunk driving schools too

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

VibrioCholera posted:

Uh, what about the poors?

Separate lanes and water fountains for all non-plats. Should be working harder instead of smoking heroin and drinking all day, it's their own fault really.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

Separate lanes and water fountains for all non-plats. Should be working harder instead of smoking heroin and drinking all day, it's their own fault really.

Now you're getting it. :v:

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
Good idea, if your car isn't the same year as the year of our Lord then get the hell into the poor lane*. These people can have "Anno Domini" bumper stickers.

*ditch, good luck

VibrioCholera fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 23, 2014

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
pay 20k for a dui license

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
We could round up disadvantaged people and put them to work in a prison-type environment for 15 cents an hour to make poo poo like license plates.

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

pay 20k for a dui license

Is that what Justin Bieber paid for his this year? Figured international DUI licenses might run a little more but cool.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
With all these new rules we could just fire all traffic cops to save even more money! Should allow congress to re-assign the pork somewhere else, lol!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
We'll need to revise our legal system. I'm all for inalienable rights, but I think some of them are really special and important and should be premium-member-only privileges. We can't give away all our best features for free.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

We'll need to revise our legal system. I'm all for inalienable rights, but I think some of them are really special and important and should be premium-member-only privileges. We can't give away all our best features for free.

Right to vote, 250k per year.
Right to bear arms, 5,000k per year.
Right to free speech, 10,000k per year.
Right to due process, 100,000k per year.

That should sort things out in a decade.

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You should have to pay for amendment rights individually in micro-transactions. Bait 'em in with a few freebies like the 20th and 27th and see the cash flow in once they realize they need more of 'em. :911:

I guess maybe you could do free amendment weekends where they're unlocked for the general population so they can experience free speech and alcohol. We can see Amendment 1 and 21 as like the "American Basics Amendment Pack."

VibrioCholera fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 23, 2014

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
10,000 bux tax a year for the right to live. NO EXCEPTIONS. This should sort things out in like 2 years, max, bc some poors might b able to steal enough money to pay for the first year.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
legalize murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
not assault, murder. if u want to gently caress someone up you have to commit

e: if you severely injure someone you get a two week grace period and if they die during that time due to a mortal wound/you coming back to finish the job you get off scot free

GrrrlSweatshirt fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 23, 2014

• Locked thread