Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Error 404 posted:

I assumed he killed a lot of dudes on his way up, like too quick for them to call for help.

Me too, they were also packing things up and moving to a new location so it's not like the base was in full readiness mode. I'm more surprised that after the base was knowingly compromised that the higher ups were still chilling in the office instead of getting the hell out of Dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

greatn posted:

Advanced technology known as a push up bra.

Fascinating, I wonder how this will change the course of the show... surely it has given Hydra the upper hand. :ohdear:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Mockingbird's hero costume is being previewing on Marvel.com:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23510/get_tactical_with_your_first_look_at_mockingbirds_suit_in_marvels_agents_of_shield.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I like that they had Palicki jump on an invisible jet in her first appearance on the show. Who needs Wonder Woman?

DancinBrud fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 22, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DancinBrud posted:

I like that they had Palicki jump on an invisible jet in her first appearance on the show. Who needs Winder Woman?

Hahahah, I hadn't made that connection. Nice.

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES

Scapegoat posted:

So really hoping to see Bob, Agent of Hydra at some point (in all his inept glory). Hopefully they don't wait till the Deadpool reboot.

They can't use Bob. Rights are controlled by 20th Century Fox.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Didn't Bob die in one episode of the fist season anyway?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chloe's parents "died" in Hunan? I'm from Hunan.

Dexo posted:

This show is goddamn fantastic now.
Woah now, let's not say things we can't take back.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 22, 2014

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

Yeah ok. Looking for credibility in this show is pretty drat stupid. Just from this last episode, Coulson apparently had some magical escape plan for Simmons already in place, with a [stealth jet sitting outside the building, when he had no idea that Raina was going to give him only 2 minutes before exposing Simmons. You could argue that character trait credibility is more important, and maybe I'd agree, but the point still stands. You could pick these nits regarding credibility in every single episode, the show doesn't do a great job of following its own internal rules. But that's fine.

Additionally, I love how you want the show to take it slowly with moving characters forward and having them grow when that was 90% of the complaints about the first half of season 1. If the first 5 episodes of season 2 had a plotline where Simmons was gradually learning to be a better liar with an ultimate payoff of infiltrating Hydra people would be tearing out their hair asking the show to just get on with it.

Credibility is not the same as realism. Credibility is basically just a measure of whether or not you can trust the writers and the story they're telling, and the quickest way to lose audience trust is to start bullshitting your characters. You can have the most off-the-wall bonkers bullshit imaginable and it wouldn't matter, because audiences can accept almost anything as long as your people act like people. But even if you have what is otherwise the most realistic show on earth, the second you start bullshitting the characters, the audience will tell you to gently caress off. Character continuity isn't the only measure of writer credibility, but it's probably the most important one for most people.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Josh Lyman posted:

Woah now, let's not say things we can't take back.

It is fantastic. And getting better too.

What the hell are people going on about a cow?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DancinBrud posted:

I like that they had Palicki jump on an invisible jet in her first appearance on the show. Who needs Wonder Woman?

Nobody. Not even DC.

Cat Terrist posted:

It is fantastic. And getting better too.

It started great, and every episode just gets better.

Cat Terrist posted:

What the hell are people going on about a cow?

Before Simmons and Unwitting Dupe are called upstairs, they're reading a report, and mention something about milk.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Before Simmons and Unwitting Dupe are called upstairs, they're reading a report, and mention something about milk.

Yeeees I got that. There's a weird cow but is that somewhere else in Marvel's media as well?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cat Terrist posted:

Yeeees I got that. There's a weird cow but is that somewhere else in Marvel's media as well?

Howard the Duck has a vampire cow.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DancinBrud posted:

:allears:

What's the context for this or is this just a random thing that happens?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Howard the Duck has a vampire cow.

AHAHAHA What the gently caress? AoS now has a vampire cow?????

That's awesome :D

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of push up bras.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Age of Ultron trailer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4e12DxrjXQZ3FUaE0yVFlTSlU/view?pli=1

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
drat. James Spader is gonna be so good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Marvel blocked the one on Google Drive. See it on IO9 while you can!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Based on the image Marvel tweeted out, is this the ComiCon Thor's Hammer Contest footage?

E: Nevermind, looks like this is what rolled after that scene was shown.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 23, 2014

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kheldarn posted:

gently caress me, this looks like it won't be nearly as fun loving as the first.
Excellent.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

Kheldarn posted:

That's some nice synergy with Disney. Didn't have to pay a dime for the Pinocchio song!

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Azhais posted:

I doubt either Simmons or Mockingbird are brainwashed. They both seem to be aware of where the Shield base is, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Hydra to try to get spies in to keep an eye on the last 8 Shield dudes vs just using the brainwashing to get the location and storm the place.

You know that the main featured characters are not all that is left of SHIELD right?
They have had multiple scenes explaining and showing that SHIELD is being rebuilt covertly by Coulson and on that base alone there are dozens of people.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wow. Marvel just said, "gently caress it!" and officially put the trailer on YouTube.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Kheldarn posted:

Wow. Marvel just said, "gently caress it!" and officially put the trailer on YouTube.

It's probably the right response, leaks are functionally impossible to plug once they are in the wild. They might toss some extra stinger footage on the AoS release to keep ABC happy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
MAybe they had a different trailer they were going to use anyway.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SirDan3k posted:

It's probably the right response, leaks are functionally impossible to plug once they are in the wild. They might toss some extra stinger footage on the AoS release to keep ABC happy.

My understanding is that what we're supposed to get Tuesday will show all of the characters. Vision is missing from this, and the one on io9...

Also, I think Marvel's initial reaction on Twitter was great:

@Marvel posted:

Dammit, Hydra.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 23, 2014

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Kheldarn posted:

My understanding is that what we're supposed to get Tuesday will show all of the characters. Vision is missing from this, and the one on io9...

Also, I think Marvel's initial reaction on Twitter was great:

I really hope that's the case. I thought this was a pretty decent idea on Marvel's behalf to try to maybe get some people to watch the drat show, check it out again and perhaps see how much better/good it is. Yeah, it wasn't going to massively shift the fate of the show, but even if just a few people watch the next Agents of SHIELD episode just to catch the new Ultron trailer, and subsequently decide that Agents of SHIELD is worth watching, I'd be happy.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

That's a really dumb strategy, for a lot of reasons. DVRs and the internet make it so nothing is really appointment viewing anymore, and anyone who is interested in the trailer would know it would be available on the internet, minus the show, soon after the show was aired, anyway.

Broadcast TV is dying and dumb plans like this aren't going to save it. Most people who still watch broadcast TV in the way they still prefer to track it don't care about a comic book movie trailer.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

XboxPants posted:

I really hope that's the case. I thought this was a pretty decent idea on Marvel's behalf to try to maybe get some people to watch the drat show, check it out again and perhaps see how much better/good it is. Yeah, it wasn't going to massively shift the fate of the show, but even if just a few people watch the next Agents of SHIELD episode just to catch the new Ultron trailer, and subsequently decide that Agents of SHIELD is worth watching, I'd be happy.
I remember reading an article on it and a lot of the comments were "Lol this is stupid, I'm going to wait when its on Youtube instead of watching this lovely show" :smith:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
So is Ultron a Hydra developed thing in this version? He seemed to be hanging with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and they're Hydra products in this continuity.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hydra leaked the trailer. Ultron is a clusterfuck of a mistake by the good guys.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: One man's struggle to overcome autism

Also, holy poo poo someone in the casting department must have a thing for plain-looking brunettes. I know the Black Widow scene in Iron Man 2 was cool and all, but it plays much better when its a crazy-eyed redhead and not a baby-faced girl who looks like she just got off the farm.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Where's Black Bolt

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Irish Joe posted:

Also, holy poo poo someone in the casting department must have a thing for plain-looking brunettes. I know the Black Widow scene in Iron Man 2 was cool and all, but it plays much better when its a crazy-eyed redhead and not a baby-faced girl who looks like she just got off the farm.

How is it worse if someone who you even suspect less does reveal her ninja-choreography fighting skills?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I'm just a casual movie and now show watcher and never read any comic books so can anyone tell me what's an ultron? How are/is they/he related to that one alien guy that showed in the teasers after avengers 1?

e: Iron Man suiting up into a bigger Iron Man seemed really stupid but apparently that's a Thing?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No, Fox has the rights to the Thing. :D

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

I'm just a casual movie and now show watcher and never read any comic books so can anyone tell me what's an ultron? How are/is they/he related to that one alien guy that showed in the teasers after avengers 1?

I'm not a comics guy either, but basically Ultron is a homicidal AI. In the comics he was created by a scientist named Hank Pym, but his movie origin will be that he's an AI Stark made (or possibly got from elsewhere, a synopsis mentions Stark 'reviving a dormant peacekeeping program'). Basically, after Iron Man 3 Stark doesn't want to be Iron Man anymore, so he makes an army of drones called the Iron Legion, led by the Ultron AI, to protect the Earth. Ultron reasons that the Avengers, and humans, are the problem, and the best way to protect the Earth is to render them extinct. The Avengers take issue with this.

The alien from the Avengers teaser (and Guardians of the Galaxy) is Thanos. He is the major villain of the Marvel movie saga and will eventually fight the Avengers personally, but as far as we know Ultron is unrelated to him. How Age of Ultron will factor into the Thanos arc or if it will at all is unknown.

quote:

e: Iron Man suiting up into a bigger Iron Man seemed really stupid but apparently that's a Thing?

Yeah, it's called the Hulkbuster armour. Its purpose is pretty much all there in the name. Apparently it never really works in the comics though.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 23, 2014

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Gonz posted:

drat. James Spader is gonna be so good.

Sony still has the movie rights to Spiderman so they got Spaderman instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No this is Iron Man-Thing, I think universal has that one.

• Locked thread