Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is one of the best scenes in any movie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjeVqDY_Wek

Well besides the recent Godzilla which was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Eripsa is the one with the Messianic complex, and he has yet to be probated/banned this time 'round.

Why do you have to be a meanie?! And me trying to play along to make you feel welcome here! :mad:

evilweasel is in troll mode, you can tell because he's doing no caps and no punctuation

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

This is one of the best scenes in any movie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjeVqDY_Wek

Well besides the recent Godzilla which was amazing.

Which is weird because the best Trek movie scene is this first 2/3 of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4x1K97JZG0

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's ok

This scene I am posting now made me feel good about humanity again. We can do this, people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Kmuk5UedE

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

paragon1 posted:

I have received confidential information that Discendo Vox is working to draft and pass legislation that will allow for the construction of devices powered solely by the suffering of poor children.

I'm sorry, but you've been misinformed. The devices are constructed from poor children. They run on clean energy and are emissions-neutral.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
I just wanted to stop by and say that No Name brad food is the poo poo, and even when I graduate from Lumpenprole status I will not change to known brands because of how much I love No Name's non-packaging.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

brand loyalty to a non-brand, now i've seen everything!!!

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Badger of Basra posted:

brand loyalty to a non-brand, now i've seen everything!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqXAW2snGMI

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Dr. Witherbone posted:

I just wanted to stop by and say that No Name brad food is the poo poo, and even when I graduate from Lumpenprole status I will not change to known brands because of how much I love No Name's non-packaging.

it's some utopian swiss-modern poo poo & i love it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
D&D's greatest son, brought low by unironically wishing for other posters to get droned.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
hello

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
So tonight I went to an event run by UCLA with a panel on the sustainability, and whether the local food movement is elitist. A panel consisting of Jonathan Gold as moderator, Evan Kleinman (who mistook me for the help while I was standing around waiting for the auditorium to open), the head chef of Providence who's name escapes me and Craig McNamara of the California State Board of Food and Agriculture. They spoke to an entirely white crowd of middle age and older folks from Brentwood and Bel Air. Surprise, surprise, the high end chefs and food personalities speaking to some of the richest folks in the world could find nothing remotely elitist about doing all of your shopping at farmers markets and specialty butchers and eating at the finest restaurants. During the question period I asked about how the organic and local niche could scale up to replace the output of factory farming and at what point did they think logistics would become and issue. McNamara responded with a point about food waste which was well taken, but overall it seemed like a circle jerk about how we needed to enlighten the poor proles who have lost their way out of ignorance. And I'm a supporter of the local food movement and even I found it kinda stupid, I'm sure if there was a skeptic out there they remain thoroughly unmoved.

All in all it was worth it for the free spread of vegetarian finger food and booze. Also getting to see what Jonathan Gold actually looks like in real life (like a huge goon if you were wondering).

Eripsa
Jan 13, 2002

Proud future citizen of Pitcairn.

Pitcairn is the perfect place for me to set up my utopia!

Badger of Basra posted:

evilweasel is in troll mode, you can tell because he's doing no caps and no punctuation

Am I the only one that imagines evilweasel as ziggy from the wire?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Eripsa posted:

yes

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Eripsa posted:

get out

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

what if evilweasel was ziggy from the cartoon ziggy

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Swan Oat posted:

What if evilweasel is actually Ziggy Stardust, come to help us through the apocalypse?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
gently caress, I showed have named this account 'ziggy from the cartoon ziggy'.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

ziggy stardust is my favorite song to sing at karaoke

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my go-to karaoke is Friends in Low Places, i did it once in Lagos and the entire bar did that screeching Old-West halt

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

The current generation is too far gone to deprogram. You have to focus on the next generation in order to achieve some semblance of cost-effectiveness. Far easier to remove the current generation from your policy considerations.

"Remove from your policy considerations" is now my favorite euphemism for cold-blooded murder.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Also getting to see what Jonathan Gold actually looks like in real life (like a huge goon if you were wondering).

Well yeah he started out as a music beat writer who couldn't stop eating on Pico.

Having said that, he's still a good food writer and his non-expensive food recommendations are usually pretty spot on.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hi! How are you on this fine whatever it is where you are right now?

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm sorry, but you've been misinformed. The devices are constructed from poor children. They run on clean energy and are emissions-neutral.

Someone's going to pay for this blunder, and it isn't going to be me.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Swan Oat posted:

what if evilweasel was ziggy from quantum leap

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I bet evilweasel is a goon lol

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

proposition: once migf's probation is over, he's no longer allowed to use the words "policy" and "institutions" any more. mods?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
get woken up at exactly 7 with splitting migraine for my landlady to inform me they're coming out to fix the boiler this morning, oh did I'm sorry did I wake you well, they're coming between 8-1, they'll call ahead (it was necessary to call and remind you of this at 7 am). can't go for a walk or a nap to clear my headache, can't take a shower. it's 12:33 and no motherfucking boiler man has appeared. justifiable homicide y/n

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

CoolCab posted:

get woken up at exactly 7 with splitting migraine for my landlady to inform me they're coming out to fix the boiler this morning, oh did I'm sorry did I wake you well, they're coming between 8-1, they'll call ahead (it was necessary to call and remind you of this at 7 am). can't go for a walk or a nap to clear my headache, can't take a shower. it's 12:33 and no motherfucking boiler man has appeared. justifiable homicide y/n

"oh, actually, there was a problem, are you available from 1-6" "no, as I told you, I've got business at 3" "well, if we don't sort it today, you won't have hot water for two weeks so"

question redacted

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CoolCab posted:

"oh, actually, there was a problem, are you available from 1-6" "no, as I told you, I've got business at 3" "well, if we don't sort it today, you won't have hot water for two weeks so"

question redacted

How gouged is your rent?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

DemeaninDemon posted:

How gouged is your rent?

we had an incredibly nice landlady for years and years. she's getting older now, and her daughter has taken over. myself and her daughter are Going To Have Some Problems, I think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Goddamn loving NPR loving pledge drive week

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

zoux posted:

Goddamn loving NPR loving pledge drive week

wqxr are stepping it up a lot lately as well

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KUT does it twice a year for about 10 days but something like a third of their air time during Morning Edition is devoted to panhandling.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CoolCab posted:

we had an incredibly nice landlady for years and years. she's getting older now, and her daughter has taken over. myself and her daughter are Going To Have Some Problems, I think.

loving privileged assholes.

Really though I was asking if your rent was butt loads of money for not much space.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
whos max headroom uitp

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As far as I can tell, this is the world eripsa wants us to live in. This is a long read, but it is great and scary as poo poo and everything that is wrong with everything etc.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
npr just had some Israeli military commander on talking about how the settlements are a matter of individual freedom lol

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Miltank posted:

npr just had some Israeli military commander on talking about how the settlements are a matter of individual freedom lol

To be fair, so are suicide bombings. :unsmigghh:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

. The next step in the process is a tryout day. It will be a full day of work, like an extended interview, and unpaid.

I love capitalism.

quote:

“Hey Ajay, great news!” one of them said, “We got some good responses from two elite Yelpers. They like the freebies, so expect to see some five-star reviews soon!”

I hate what we have become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm not that.

So theres a bit of a foofaraw after a couple of thinkpieces about students who gender transition while at same sex (read: Wellesley, Sarah Lawrence) schools, and therefore if there's a place for ftm transgendered people at single sex colleges and hell I don't know what I think about that!

• Locked thread