Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Yeah, typically once the final run of toys hits shelves is when they book the trademark for next year. The train don't stop, even when the train this year was trains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's been 12 years since Hurricane Rangers. I suppose we're overdue for some ninja action.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm undecided on how excited to be. On one hand, the theme's been used before, but that didn't stop Kyoryuger from being awesome.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's been 12 years since Hurricane Rangers. I suppose we're overdue for some ninja action.

There was the Hurricanger special that came out a little while ago.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 22, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ninninjer? It's Ninninja! Say it right!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Solaris Knight posted:

Wait, they announced the new season ALREADY?

Well, they didn't technically announce it as much as they filed the trademark and fans found the information.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm pretty excited for another ninja season, even if my soul still yearns for Magiranger 2: Shining Boogaloo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Holy poo poo the Drive x Gaim Movie Wars villain.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah I want to go ahead and shell out the money for his Figurarts right now.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Waffleman_ posted:

Hello, Kamen Rider Dapper

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Waffleman_ posted:

Looks like a guy from the Shadow Line

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Looks like a guy from the Shadow Line

I was about to say the same thing.

Goddamn, that guy looks more like Kamen Rider Baron and Duke more than Baron and Duke did.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess now we know why Kouta returns to earth this time. Obviously, so he can swipe that sweet transforming hat.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

I guess now we know why Kouta returns to earth this time. Obviously, so he can swipe that sweet transforming hat.

Kamen Rider TF2. His gimmick is hats. The final form is a hat tower. Make it happen, Toei/Valve

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
I love ninjas. What other shows besides Kakuranger (my favorite) have ninjas in them? "Hurricane Rangers"?

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

The most notable one is probably Dynaman.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

That looks like a Wizard suit design. I love it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ninjasaurus posted:

I love ninjas. What other shows besides Kakuranger (my favorite) have ninjas in them? "Hurricane Rangers"?

Hurricanger, another Sentai show. I was making a reference to a joke from Akibaranger about it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DiscoJ posted:

The most notable one is probably Dynaman.

They were more a baseball sentai.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Ninjasaurus posted:

There are some ninjas in a show called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" I believe.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Ninjasaurus posted:

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

^^^^^^^^^ What is that?

So Hurricanger has ninjas. Is that show worth watching?

Dynaman is about baseball?

Also, I was pretty clearly referring to Sentai shows but ha ha TMNT

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gokaiger technically has ninjas along with everything else Sentai. There's an episode arc where they have to appease Ninjar to give them the Kakuranger ultimate power.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Tae posted:

Gokaiger technically has ninjas along with everything else Sentai. There's an episode arc where they have to appease Ninjar to give them the Kakuranger ultimate power.

I guess I should clarify I'm asking about which Sentai is about ninjas, like Kakuranger was. Zyuranger for example has Dora Ninja but it's obviously not a ninja show.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Hurricanger and Kakuranger

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Rei_ posted:

Hurricanger and Kakuranger

I already said I've seen Kakuranger (it's my favorite Sentai) so it looks like I should watch Hurricanger, unless the consensus is it sucks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Well, no one's subbed it, so there's that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ninjasaurus posted:

I already said I've seen Kakuranger (it's my favorite Sentai) so it looks like I should watch Hurricanger, unless the consensus is it sucks.

The consensus is there's not complete subs yet.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Oh wow. I didn't realize that there aren't even garbage subs for it. That sucks. The Hurricanger suits look so cool.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Oh. :smith:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Hurricanger ain't bad. I like three core-member Sentai teams, SunVulcan was pretty hype and Liveman had a really good start to it and Go-Onger isn't real so this statement holds up

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

mikeycp posted:

Oh wow. I didn't realize that there aren't even garbage subs for it. That sucks. The Hurricanger suits look so cool.

I thought Hurricaneger has Hong Kong subs

Rei_ posted:

Hurricanger ain't bad. I like three core-member Sentai teams, SunVulcan was pretty hype and Liveman had a really good start to it and Go-Onger isn't real so this statement holds up

Go-Busters :colbert:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

GoBusters was loving RAD it just had a lot of problems in the middle that you could see them actively trying to salvage a good show out of in the shows last third.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Welcome to the pain known by all Ultraman fans.

Awesome show that fits everything you want?!

No subs. Anywhere. At all.

One day Gaia, one day.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You could watch Ninja Storm, it's OK.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I don't know poo poo about Ultraman, other than I couldn't make it past 3 episodes of Ginga. Which of the 2 on Crunchyroll should I start with?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Even his knees have belts.

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

Tarodia posted:

I don't know poo poo about Ultraman, other than I couldn't make it past 3 episodes of Ginga. Which of the 2 on Crunchyroll should I start with?

Well, Max came out in 2005 and Mebius in 2006, so probably Max first, I guess.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Hello, Kamen Rider Dapper

His name's Kamen Rider Lupin, apparently.

Ninjasaurus posted:

^^^^^^^^^ What is that?

So Hurricanger has ninjas. Is that show worth watching?

Dynaman is about baseball?

Also, I was pretty clearly referring to Sentai shows but ha ha TMNT

The picture is most likely from Gokaiger but that's the black ranger from Dynaman (Which from what I've seen is primarily about science and explosions though I think in development stages it was supposed to be a baseball Sentai and they just ended up keeping the suits unchanged) and the yellow ranger from Maskman (Which was basically Dairanger before Dairanger and also featured the first 6th ranger in Sentai history, though he only lasted one episode) both of which were ninjas in their respective series.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 23, 2014

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tarodia posted:

First- that's OK. Ginga is awful and lovely.

Second- That depends.

Mebius and Max have *NOTHING* to do with one another. Unlike Kamen Rider and Super Sentai where the idea of multiple universes gets muddled and you have no idea what they're really going for, Ultraman has set time lines where poo poo goes down.

Max is in his own off shoot time line where only his show, and UltraSeven because I don't know why, are canon.

Mebius is continuing the original Showa Era continuity, picking up those 20+ years after 80.

Max is utterly episodic with no real character development- a perfect show to jump around with and just pick episodes that interest you, because the order does not matter outside of the fact that after episode 13 he's got a new finisher, and the ending and beginning.

Mebius actually does have a story line, made up of some episodic things, though they often connect to the greater whole than not, and made up of mini arcs. The first lasts up until about episode 9 or 10. It's also a show built around character development, so you have to watch it from the first to really get it.

Mebius is also closer in style, due to all of that, to Sentai or Rider than Max is.

So go with what sounds good to you there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hold up. I definitely watched Hurricanger subbed. Was I just hallucinating the words at the bottom?

• Locked thread