Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to see my mom today, swung by the Meijer on the far reaches of town. Found a $16 Doubledealer! That leaves Sandstorm and I've got them all. Also found a Dreadwing and Goldfire so picked them up because why the hell not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I did a custom one a while back if anyone gives a poo poo.

But yeah in general more Victory guys are needed. I really hope the combiner wars figures are less cheap than they look, and that it yields a good Liokaiser.

I like it!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't think the others could pass for G1 Season 1 Autobots. Closest could be the Throttlebots because Blackjack is pretty much Searchlight and the rest are indiscriminate cars and a single jeep which where what 5/6ths of the throttle bots were.

We'll probably have to wait for Devastator to get a good orange dumptruck.

They don't need to pass for them. You just paint up Dead End as Jazz, Breakdown as Sideswipe, Drag Strip as Mirage, and Offroad/Wildrider as Windcharger and you've got a direct reference to the G1 episode "Masquerade," which is a lot cooler than trying to match random Autobots to body types.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I keep picking my old Armada Prime up and fiddling around with it. I still love his little features, like the button that makes his mouthplate wiggle, and the feet that flip out into hands for monkey-mode.

Even his super mode is still neat, although you need some Jetfire pants if you want him to have knees.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Zaa Boogie posted:

Where'd you pre-order it at?

Right here

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DX10002&mode=retail

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I saw Jetfire in TRU last night! drat he's big. I genuinely wasn't expecting that. I can't help but think that he's Hasbro attempting an MP scale/grade toy without having to wait until Takara makes one first.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Keldroc posted:

Offroad/Wildrider as Windcharger

Or as Ironhide

(and then for the Movie repaint, OP as Magnus, Windcharger as Kup, Dragstrip as Blurr (etc))

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

I saw Jetfire in TRU last night! drat he's big. I genuinely wasn't expecting that. I can't help but think that he's Hasbro attempting an MP scale/grade toy without having to wait until Takara makes one first.

Jetfire is real big and very good. My only complaints are the fast pack not clipping in really well and not being a gun or anything like the classics one, and the handgun not clipping in anywhere in vehicle mode (it fits under the nose but looks retarded.)

If the holes on the side of the pack were a little more centered the gun would fit there really well. Plus it'd be nice if he had another like Classics did. But that's all minor. He's great and literally a million times better than MP Starscream. Plus unlike every non-soundwave MP I own he is even capable of holding a weapon! In his hands even!

E: sorry for quality I have no lights in my house

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It's a drat shame Maketoys won't release quantron in separate bots because their Scattershot is incredible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So, new MPs are smaller. How much smaller?

Weeeelllll...

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 23, 2014

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Weeeelllll...

Wheeljack is the same size as Sideswipe. Bumblebee is smaller, which makes sense, scale-wise.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
It's no surprise Bumblebee is small, if he's made to be roughly in scale with MP-10 Prime like the other MP cars then he has to be about that size, that's why they included Spike in the Powersuit with him.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You could just as well say new MPs are bigger and post Star Saber standing next to anything.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Plus Bumblebee comes with Daniel Witwicky and his exo-suit from the 86 movie. That probably sorts out the mass differential relative to the other MP cars.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They're loosely adhering to the old animation scale guide, hence Bumblebee is titchy. If I'm honest, I'd have preferred that his vehicle mode be completely in scale with the other cars instead, robot be damned, but hey, it's not a dealbreaker.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I'm recreating this scene when I get my 'bee:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheDK posted:

I'm recreating this scene when I get my 'bee:

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

So the Transformers Legends game brought something that needed an appearance outside of the comics.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Hooray! The Legends devs scored a ~DIRECT HIT~!!!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So, for MMC Tigris, I just figured out that you can put Talon's wing backpack on his back and have a flying tiger-chested robot. And THEN I figured out that you can transform him into tiger mode without ever having to move the wing pack! It would be no big deal to take the wing pack on and off, but it's sort of awesome that you don't have to.

The way they're built, I figure you can do it with the others in the set. Leo Dux might have too much going on though.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Anyone else order the IDW Legacy of Transformers packaging book? I have because I love the old school illustrations.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Yeah I got the packaging art book. Best transformers purchase in years.
I actually wish they had more asides about the history of the style.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Weeeelllll...

That's just Bumblebee, not a change to the line. Sideswipe's height didn't result in a 6 inch tall Soundwave, either.

Captain Magic posted:

So, for MMC Tigris, I just figured out that you can put Talon's wing backpack on his back and have a flying tiger-chested robot. And THEN I figured out that you can transform him into tiger mode without ever having to move the wing pack! It would be no big deal to take the wing pack on and off, but it's sort of awesome that you don't have to.

The way they're built, I figure you can do it with the others in the set. Leo Dux might have too much going on though.

Leo Dux can do the same, and the winged lion mode actually looks pretty great.

Vaporware posted:

Yeah I got the packaging art book. Best transformers purchase in years.
I actually wish they had more asides about the history of the style.

Definitely could have used more text and maybe some interviews with the artists, if they could still be found. All the same, it's nice to have all that art in one place. I hope it sold well enough for them to consider a Beast Wars one.

fygar
Nov 24, 2004
glorp
Finally, a Transformers movie I want to see.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This went from good, to mediocre, to I can't stop laughing every time he says Oreo-bot

Remember the spine song

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Every explosion I walk away from I will sing that song.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I picked up Slog (because I am weak, laugh at me), and on that rubber back/chest peice that is warped, it seems like mine is put on wrong, does any one have a picture of it, specifically the joint.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Definitely could have used more text and maybe some interviews with the artists, if they could still be found. All the same, it's nice to have all that art in one place. I hope it sold well enough for them to consider a Beast Wars one.

I dunno beast Wars package art doesn't seem as iconic or elaborate as the G1 ones. I mean G1 had actual murals made for the back of the boxes.

Hell even the modern Generations and the upcoming combiner Wars doesn't seem to be all that great. They look like Dark of the moon packages more-so than G1 inspired ones.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno beast Wars package art doesn't seem as iconic or elaborate as the G1 ones. I mean G1 had actual murals made for the back of the boxes.

Hell even the modern Generations and the upcoming combiner Wars doesn't seem to be all that great. They look like Dark of the moon packages more-so than G1 inspired ones.

BW is no G1 in terms of box art, but I think it was varied and dynamic enough to fill a book well enough as a follow-up, especially if they include Beast Machines and maybe even RiD/early Universe.

Really the TF box art didn't start to lose its specialness until the Unicron Trilogy and the first Classics' "dull surprise while standing at attention" trend.

While we're at it I'd also totally buy an art book of the TF Legends mobile game portraits.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 24, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I feel like it would have been so easy to give him hands. But the whole Hasbro "Nothing necessary for Transformation can be removeable" trend in the early BW line crippled him.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Partsforming is bad. Generally if an accessory is a visible component of vehicle mode it should be an optional add-on, like a spoiler, intake thing, or like hoist's crane and trailcutter's truck hood/shield. I loved how Energon's weapons could all be armor and stuff, but weren't necessary.

Sometimes it works, like Darkmount's pickaxe.

This is good too because if an accessory gets lost it doesn't ruin the toy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Anora posted:

I picked up Slog (because I am weak, laugh at me), and on that rubber back/chest peice that is warped, it seems like mine is put on wrong, does any one have a picture of it, specifically the joint.

The seibertron galleries usually have tons of different angles so maybe you can zoom in on an appropriate photo and check the joint.

And there's nothing to laugh at, Slog is a cool toy :colbert:

news edit:

itshappening.gif:

also these are getting reissued in a 2-pack if ya missed them:

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 24, 2014

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Ohhhkaay....

BotCon is headed back to the Midwest in 2015, show to be held in St. Charles/Chicago, Illinois June 18th – June 21st!

Announced On The Day of TFCon.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I hate those Takara seeker reissues being $200. It's just far too much for what they are.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Blackheart posted:

The seibertron galleries usually have tons of different angles so maybe you can zoom in on an appropriate photo and check the joint.

And there's nothing to laugh at, Slog is a cool toy :colbert:

news edit:

itshappening.gif:

also these are getting reissued in a 2-pack if ya missed them:

That MP mold sucks, but I want that soundwave. Any price?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That one is Hasbro Asia exclusive so the price will surely be absurd. Not that Takara's 200 bucks for the MP-11 mold sans coronation is any better.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The two-pack is $144.99. Haha.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

therealjon_ posted:

The two-pack is $144.99. Haha.

lmfao

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Eh, it's still expensive but more reasonable if you consider the cost of a HA figure overseas. I already have Soundwave and Barricade (which I think is actually a KO or third shift) so I have no need for the reissues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'd sell (or trade) HA Soundwave in a heartbeat, I had no idea he was commanding premium prices.