Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's okay Sin eventually came back so it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Volt Catfish posted:

Not. Canon. *kicks bomb painted to be blitzball*

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Volt Catfish posted:

is this an X-2 thing or an FFX and FF7 are in the same universe thing?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Red Suit posted:

is this an X-2 thing or an FFX and FF7 are in the same universe thing?

It's a really terrible FFX sequel story thing where Yuna and Tidus break up after Tidus kicks a bomb that looks like a blitzball and she revives him. Then Sin comes back.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Not. Canon. *kicks bomb painted to be blitzball*

It's in the game though. So it's canon that FFX ends on a horrific bleak note unless they make another game. A lose-lose situation for all.

TARDISman posted:

It's a really terrible FFX sequel story thing where Yuna and Tidus break up after Tidus kicks a bomb that looks like a blitzball and she revives him. Then Sin comes back.

It's actually the audio drama that comes with FFXHD.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

TARDISman posted:

Wait, what........wheres this from? Is it a square-enix thing, or some weird internet fanfiction completely divorced from square-enix.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Madmarker posted:

Wait, what........wheres this from? Is it a square-enix thing, or some weird internet fanfiction completely divorced from square-enix.

There's a sequel novel by original writer which is continued in an audio drama that is part of FFXHD collection.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The bomb part was the story, the breakup and Sin coming back was the audio drama I think.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's really cool of Square Enix to keep confirming the ending where Yuna wishes for TIdus to come back is the bad ending.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Moltrey posted:

The PSP version made the game less breakable. You can't steal Elmdore's equipment and the Chantage accessory from Meliadoul isn't one use so I can't have an infinite self resurrecting female unit.

I dunno if it also fixed the scroll glitch but I hope it didn't.

That they gave maintenance, or whatever PSP calls it, to a bunch of enemies in the PSP/iOS version made me so loving angry. I was on Riovannes roof wondering why the gently caress my super thief had 00% steal rates and then took a look at him. Not getting his swords is one thing but not being able to try and steal all his genji gear is a loving stupid thing to do. That fight gets really drat hard if you spend it trying to steal his gear and that they just up and don't let you try anymore is bullshit.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

quote:

Paris Games Week is just around the corner and some of you might have heard that we’re going to be there with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD!

We’re going to be showing off some new parts of the game but we know that not all of you will be able to join us in Paris. We still want to get you guys involved though so we’re going to pass the microphone over to you. If you’ve got a question for Hajime Tabata then let us know. We’re going to sit down with him at Paris Games Week to answer your burning questions.

So before you guys hit me with a mountain of Final Fantasy XV questions I have to put this disclaimer:

The focus of the Q&A will be on Final Fantasy Type-0 HD but if you want to ask Hajime Tabata a personal question (not too personal though, that might make things weird) to get to know him better, then that’s cool as well.

We will ask questions about Final Fantasy XV if there’s something you guys really want to know but try to hold back with those questions.

Now for a little bit of housekeeping:

To ask a question to Hajime Tabata please leave it in a comment below.
We want as many people as possible to ask their questions so if you can, please try to limit yourself to one question.
If you ask multiple questions then all questions after your first one will be bumped down in priority.
We will pick the questions out from the ones in the comments.
Due to time constraints we may not be able to get your question answered. Sorry!
We will of course keep you up-to-date with the goings-on at Paris Games Week as well so there’s more stuff to look forward to next week.

As a special bonus (and slightly off-topic), we’ll also be at the MCM Expo this weekend in London. So if you’re unable to join us at Paris Games Week, you can join us at the MCM Expo on Sunday October 26, 2014. Sadly Hajime Tabata won’t be joining us in London but we’ll be at the show to show off Final Fantasy Type-0 HD on his behalf. You can catch us on the MCM Games Stage for the first ever public showing of the game in the UK.

Hopefully see you there or at Paris Games Week!

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-community-qa-time

There will also be a streaming event on October 31 through the Square Enix Presents channel. It'll be a follow up to Paris Games Week, similar to hwo the first one was a follow up to TGS, and feature special guests. It looks like they've made this into somewhat of a regular event covering both Type-0 and FFXV. I'm very happy with how Tabata is handling the PR aspect of these games.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16969

Someone on this forum posted this at one point and it's been in my bookmarks ever since :allears:

I bought Curtain Call the other day. It's fun and good. I like it.
Some of the Ultimate tracks are hard as hell though.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
This Week's Curtain Call DLC

New Character - Vincent (FFVII)

New Songs
Iron Colossus - Final Fantasy XI (BMS)
Battle in the Forgotten City - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (BMS)
Rufus's Welcoming Ceremony - Final Fantasy VII (FMS)
The Oath - Final Fantasy VIII (FMS)
Phon Coast - Final Fantasy XII (FMS)
Melodies Errant - Final Fantasy XI (BMS)
Nascent Requiem - Final Fantasy XIII (BMS)
Saronia - Final Fantasy III (FMS)
Ipsen's Castle - Final Fantasy IX (FMS)

And that's pretty much it; only thing left that hasn't been released for DLC outside of Japan yet is Krile from FFV.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TARDISman posted:

...wait...what? Tides kicks a bomb and dies? But Yuna brings him back just to dump him? And this is apparently the Catalyst for Sin to come back? :psyduck:

Can I get any more context?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

final fantasy sequel.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

...wait...what? Tides kicks a bomb and dies? But Yuna brings him back just to dump him? And this is apparently the Catalyst for Sin to come back? :psyduck:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Genesis

Replace apples with blitzballs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

IIRC, the basic idea is that a Tidus came back but not the Tidus and it's a side effect of the afterlife being hosed up. Yuna dumps him after she realizes (after bringing him back from the dead a second time) than he isn't the real Tidus and the afterlife being hosed up means a bunch of dead things, including Sin, are coming back from the dead.

This is mostly secondhand so I may have some facts wrong. The audio drama is just "Tidus is weaker than normal, Yuna broke up with him, dead things are coming back, Auron has a daughter maybe?"

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 23, 2014

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm sad Tidus's theme never got in Curtain Call. I also can't believe Eyes on Me isn't there(!)

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

W.T. Fits posted:

And that's pretty much it; only thing left that hasn't been released for DLC outside of Japan yet is Krile from FFV.

That's the end of the DLC? How convenient, I just spent the last two bucks on my account getting The Oath and Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony.

Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony has a little TV ratings counter in the corner :allears:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Volt Catfish posted:

I'm sad Tidus's theme never got in Curtain Call. I also can't believe Eyes on Me isn't there(!)

Tidus's theme is cats in the cradle, right? Its probably a licensing rights issue.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Don't see why SE keeps pushing these love stories with Tidus and Yuna or whoever the gently caress when they already made the perfect one with Steiner and Beatrix

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Terper posted:

Don't see why SE keeps pushing these love stories with Tidus and Yuna or whoever the gently caress when they already made the perfect one with Steiner and Beatrix

Because Yuna is really popular in Japan while only FFIX character they care about is Vivi.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The world are sick.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Because Yuna is really popular in Japan while only FFIX character they care about is Vivi.

Two blitzball bombs weren't enough

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm just going to go with the earlier poster who said SE proved that the Normal Ending of X-2 was the Good Ending. Tidus staying dead is the best path for Yuna and Spira.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mountaineer posted:

That's the end of the DLC? How convenient, I just spent the last two bucks on my account getting The Oath and Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony.

Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony has a little TV ratings counter in the corner :allears:

Yeah, unless they've got more stuff in the pipeline that they haven't announced yet, that's pretty much it for Curtain Call DLC.

Still kind of disappointed we didn't get the Dissidia 012 version of A Realm of Emptiness from Chains of Promathia, but eh, there's still a ton of other great music in the game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

Beatrix was way out of Steiner's league, though, let's be honest here.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't wait for X-5 or whatever where Yuna has an entire army of zombie Tidus boyfriends to throw at Sin. Also Lightning is there for some reason.

e: And Iscar Matthias.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Aurain posted:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16969

Someone on this forum posted this at one point and it's been in my bookmarks ever since :allears:

I bought Curtain Call the other day. It's fun and good. I like it.
Some of the Ultimate tracks are hard as hell though.

This is amazing.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Aurain posted:

Yeah, of course she was, she was smarter, stronger (arguably Steiner might be stronger by the end of the game), and all around better at her job than Steiner. But it felt right for them to get together, they have the same interests, and values and what Steiner lacks in intelligence he more than makes up for in determination, a sense of justice and kind-heartedness. And even though he is relatively dumb, he does have a decent amount of inventiveness, such as when he came up with the idea for "Magic Sword" with Vivi.

So yeah, even though she is out of his league, they were a good match.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 23, 2014

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

Uh, she was 22 in X, and 24 in X-2. She's not that old, she just seems like it next to crack-head Rikku.

That hardly changes the point. It's about how she acts, and while a mother hen has a place in X, not so much in X-2.

Edit: Also she was only "22" because of silly anime age conventions.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

They had to have that Powerpuff Girls dynamic. There was this one site that I hated but the guy there did a review of everY FF and he was more or less spot-on when he used a picture of Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup for Yuna, Rikku and Paine. You got teh normal-ish leader, the hyperactive one and the tough one. Or the Ego, Id and Supergo if you prefer. Then again...none of them really fit the 'Supergo" part.... No wait, I guess Yuna would.

Point is, Lulu doesn't have the right dynamic. She can be witty but she doesn't really put up with silly hijinks. Look at how she reacted to Tidus all throughout X. And you expect her to endure five minutes of X-2 Rikku? Or Brother? The Crackhead Siblings make Tidus look reserved.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When you play Rufus's Welcoming Ceremony, does it show you walking in the parade? This is important.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aurain posted:

Say that to her face and she'll beat you to a pulp. They're adorable. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Aurain posted:

Yeah, she's way below his league.

Steiner is the best.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Aurain posted:

shut your mouth about steiner

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Terper posted:

Say that to her face and she'll beat you to a pulp. They're adorable. :colbert:

I would love to see the 2 of them as a DLC boss fight in Lightning Returns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, she's way below his league.

Steiner is the best.

He does keep his legs pristinely shaved, gotta say.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.

Madmarker posted:

I would love to see the 2 of them as a DLC boss fight in Lightning Returns.

Only if they also get Vivi as support for Magic Sword attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Kliff posted:

Only if they also get Vivi as support for Magic Sword attacks.

Deal