Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Father Wendigo posted:

Since people here are spergin' out over canon minutiae, I guess it bears mentioning that Gearbox released an official timeline that, in classic Gearbox fashion, is vague and poorly formatted.

Of note is this entry:

- which is plotted as having happened around the time Roland was killed.

Which kinda furthers my suspicions that Krieg is either Wilhelm, or at least has his conscience.

Love it. Pretty sure this whole thing was written by Jack. :allears:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Skandranon posted:

It wasn't exactly no reason, it was just a poor reason. I also don't buy Lilith's 'horrified' reaction, considering everything they've done and for what reasons (money/loot). And they could have just punched him to death while they were alone in his office.

If Lilith just acted like the self absorbed power junkie she was, I'd be fine with it. She want's to kill Jack for whatever reason, cool beans, np bro. Her acting like she is somehow a great person and has something over Athena when she really doesn't sounds a lot like how Jack rants at the end of BL2, except she isn't dying. Yet.

At that point, they still needed Jack's knowledge to reach and shut down the Eye. He may have been an rear end in a top hat, but he was also one of the few people actively working to resolve the (current) crisis.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
What's the location for the Borderlands 1 steam save game directory?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
How do I edit the drop weights of different rarities? My Google-fu has turned up nothing promising.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Backhand posted:

At that point, they still needed Jack's knowledge to reach and shut down the Eye. He may have been an rear end in a top hat, but he was also one of the few people actively working to resolve the (current) crisis.

I'm not sure they did... Moxxi somehow knew more about shutting down the Eye than Jack did. He was depending upon her to guide them there.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

CJacobs posted:

Is it me or is the music in this game completely negligible? Like, I cannot think of a single piece of music in this entire game that stands out to me or that I know the melody of.

edit: I take it back, I know the dubstep/dance music that the mini claptrap does by heart because I have heard it hundreds of times in the past 20 hours.

Honestly, I felt like I was listening to the soundtracks from Mass Effect. It was all Sci-Fi-ish electronica.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

watho posted:

Commendant Steele is never confirmed to be a siren and she's dead anyway so it doesn't matter.

From last page.

I agree fully except for one thing. Angel never lied about the vault. She never says that it's full of treasure or anything like that. She doesn't even mention what it contains or what it is, just how to open it and that it can only be opened once every 300(?) years. She also implies that she has a longer lifetime than that.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Siren

quote:

Only six Sirens can exist at any given time, as revealed by Handsome Jack. At the time of Borderlands 2's release, three are known: Lilith, Maya, and Angel. Outside of the games, Borderlands: Origins issue 2 confirms fan speculation that the Crimson Lance leader Commandant Steele was the fourth Siren until her death.

So the 4th siren is a baby. That'll probably figure into the plot at some point. If they have any perceptive writers that is.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Killing Jack would be entirely understandable...BUT THEY DIDN'T. And Lilith even knew he wouldn't die from just the punching, because she quips at him afterwards!

As I see it this is what people mean by the BL1 Vault Hunters being less sympathetic: not because Jack was super justified, or even because of the actual betrayal (since morals are bunk in Borderlands anyway), but that they seem to have brought everything on themselves out of stupidity. And it's almost certainly unintentional because even though Lilith is supposed to be in the wrong the ending conflict is clearly meant to be "Lilith can't forgive Athena" not "Lilith regrets secretly causing 5 years of misery".

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Dyz posted:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Siren

So the 4th siren is a baby. That'll probably figure into the plot at some point. If they have any perceptive writers that is.

I don't think Jack meant that he KNEW the replacement Siren for Steele, but he knew Steele was a Siren and knew her replacement was either not born, or a tiny child. This was stated in an Echo where he was yelling at bandits who kept bringing him fake sirens with tattoos drawn in marker, and he could tell they were fake because he knew 4 of the 6 (Maya, Lilith, Angel, Steele) so unless the bandits brought him either Lilith or Maya, it was highly unlikely they were going to fool him into thinking they found Siren 5 or 6.

Edit: Actually, just listened to the echo recordings again, he says he knows of 3, so I guess it doesn't matter if Steele is a Siren or not (though she kinda has to be, or she couldn't have rebuilt the key or used it to open the vault with telekinesis, while the tattoos on her arm were glowing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB2X3IDaNhg

Skandranon fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 24, 2014

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
-EDIT- Nevermind, the colors just started showing up in the text. It wasn't before the reset, and for a little while after the reset, but after a fast travel it is showing up.

ProfessionalNinja fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 24, 2014

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

There's three different colorblind modes, see if any of the other ones help. At the very least it'll put [Blue] and [Purple] etc. on the tooltips.

Then again I have it turned on and can barely tell green, orange, and currency beams apart.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just posting to say I am infinitely disappointed that Nisha's skill doesn't affect the spread of the Wombat shotgun. Sweet a gun that does splash damage that fires everywhere except the targeting reticle. The other Torgue shotgun reward was exactly like this one too. gently caress Torgue, give me more lasers.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The Torguemada is amazing. :colbert:

Just because the initial shots miss doesn't mean that the clusters won't completely murder everything.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Anyone know how I can make the slot machines always land on the triple vault symbols so I can get me some legendaries? A Cheat engine table I'm guessing. Got a link?

Damo fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 24, 2014

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Damo posted:

Also, one last cheat question, anyone know how I can make the slot machines always land on the triple vault symbols so I can get me some legendaries?

There's an option in the cheatengine table for slot machines, but all it ever does is make them stop working entirely. It's easier to just set the drop rates to legendary only and make a few circuits of Concordia opening all the lockers and whatnot.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Hrm the table I have doesn't seem to have anything about drop rates, unless I'm just not seeing it. You have a link to a cheat table with that in

Damo fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 24, 2014

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Damo posted:

Hrm the table I have doesn't seem to have anything about drop rates, unless I'm just not seeing it. You have a link to a cheat table with that in it?

edit: Last question, how can I use Gibbed's editor to take my main characters save and just change what class it is and nothing else. Like, continue on from that point with the same level/xp/progress as another class. I tried loading the save and changing class and nothing else and it crashes on loading the savegame.

Kaethela posted:

Working Pre-Sequel tables - no editing needed! https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM

Tested out... the .cetrainer one if I remember right, and it worked fine. You do need the latest version of CheatEngine or you get errors, though.

Look under scripts > rarity mod or something like that. To change class (just tried this myself) I changed the class, then clicked random on save guid, then bumped up the save slot by one. One or more of these things may not actually be required, but it didn't crash my game when I loaded it.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Thanks.

I figured out why it crashed when I changed the class -- I had to change that string of numbers called "Save Guid" to something new. Worked fine after that.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Either Nisha is glass cannony as hell or I'm just not using the Law and Order tree right.

She's really fun, right up until she isn't.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

The Rokstar posted:

Either Nisha is glass cannony as hell or I'm just not using the Law and Order tree right.

She's really fun, right up until she isn't.

You're definately not using it right, Law and Order has a ton of health regen. Once you have Blood of the Guilty, you should be getting +5% health per kill, as well as Order healing you (potentially) every time you take damage. A fast recharging shield is good here, as damage to your shield will still trigger Order and heal you. If you add in Bona Fide Grit, you'll have even more health regen. Focus on getting to max Order stacks as quickly as possible by gravity slamming whenever you get the chance.

To qualify, I just finished the game as a Law and Order Nisha, and didn't die once on the RX5 fight (also didn't cheese it by hiding in elevator), and also didn't die fighting any of the bosses in the vault.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
So while I was messing around in the "Research and Development" map a few minutes ago, I had a side quest open (the one where the scientist hanging out in the rocket area sends you around to collect animal parts). Wolf ended up glitching through a glass wall and ended up killing a bunch of Stalkers, which caused them to drop their wings (required for the side quest). But, since I couldn't immediately access the area where the wings had dropped, I just went off and started searching for Vault symbols and cameras to destroy. After several minutes, the quest giver pops on to chatter about stalker wings, and then I realize that the wings are automatically being added to my inventory.

Is this some feature I was unaware of? Does the game automatically give you dropped quest items if you take too long to reach them? I wonder if it's to prevent people from permanently losing critical items because they fall off cliffs or into pits or whatever.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh and since this got buried a few pages back:

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Anyone else notice the change to Jack's desk after the final boss fight?
For such a small detail that was poignant. And depressing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Kaethela posted:

Working Pre-Sequel tables - no editing needed! https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM

Tested out... the .cetrainer one if I remember right, and it worked fine. You do need the latest version of CheatEngine or you get errors, though.

Here try this instead -

AirRaid posted:

OK so I futzed with the Loot table that AHungryRobot Linked and decided it was too complicated and annoying, so I took the salient points from that one and threw them into the old loot table file for BL2.

Result: TPS Loot table file with a lot easier access and the "Sensible" preset I made for BL2 alreaady loaded. Grab it here. This also has the dumb CE 6.2 check removed so you can use the newer versions with no hassle.

Credit to whoever made the original, I forget.

You can just run that file direct, once TPS is loaded. Click the Item/Rarity checkbox then the presets one and choose a preset, or modify the numbers manually. I'm not sure if the "Drops" section at the bottom works any more, might be broken.

Much easier to deal with than the one you posted.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

So while I was messing around in the "Research and Development" map a few minutes ago, I had a side quest open (the one where the scientist hanging out in the rocket area sends you around to collect animal parts). Wolf ended up glitching through a glass wall and ended up killing a bunch of Stalkers, which caused them to drop their wings (required for the side quest). But, since I couldn't immediately access the area where the wings had dropped, I just went off and started searching for Vault symbols and cameras to destroy. After several minutes, the quest giver pops on to chatter about stalker wings, and then I realize that the wings are automatically being added to my inventory.

Is this some feature I was unaware of? Does the game automatically give you dropped quest items if you take too long to reach them? I wonder if it's to prevent people from permanently losing critical items because they fall off cliffs or into pits or whatever.

I don't think so. On my second play through I had Spring's poster quest get messed up when one of the posters fell through the ship after I killed the scav you deliver them to. 15 minutes of searching later, still no 5th poster.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

If you quit the game and reload the level the quest items will respawn close to where the thing that dropped them was. I had a similar problem with the posters for Springs, and the one offending item respawned on top of the building where the guy was once I reloaded the map.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love when quest items just rocket off into the sky unaffected by gravity. The low grav loot explosions SEEM pretty cool until you realize how annoying and impractical they are.

edit: Removing the localization files to cancel all dialogue scripting works in this game too, thank god. Now to never have to hear Davis Pickle speak ever again.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 24, 2014

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I really like what low grav does for the combat, but I think my absolute favorite thing about the moon setting is that ammo boxes in no atmosphere environments launch their contents directly into your body rather than forcing you to hold the use key, which gets excruciatingly tedious after the ten thousandth box. I just completed the Tiny Tiny DLC for Borderlands 2 and I love the breakable pots full of ammo that are EVERYWHERE for the same reason.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Borderlands: The Pressequel - People still getting irrationally mad at fictional characters

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

AirRaid posted:

Borderlands: The Pressequel - People still getting irrationally mad at fictional characters

Hey this is actually the first time I've been irrationally mad at a Borderlands plot. :colbert: If it wasn't for that one plot hole I would have liked it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Plot holes, huh? Well I know a thing or two about holes..." -- Moxxi in Borderlands 3.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The only thing about this game I'm truly mad about is the fact that after three games plus a shitton of DLC I still can't click "buy all ammo", or something similar. 1100 rounds for lasers is great, buying it all back is not.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Think of it as a tribute to Diablo 2.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The sheer volume of guns c/p'd from BL2 is finally starting to sink in, and drat is it being a wet blanket on playthrough 2. :(

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Mr E posted:

The only thing about this game I'm truly mad about is the fact that after three games plus a shitton of DLC I still can't click "buy all ammo", or something similar. 1100 rounds for lasers is great, buying it all back is not.

They also still haven't fixed the mousewheel inventory bug...

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Mokinokaro posted:

Sounds more like a retcon to have him show up in future games.

Maybe the wilhelm you fight in BL2 isn't the real wilhelm. After all, wilhelm was meant to be strong as hell and that wilhelm was easy to take down, so much so that the characters mention it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Maybe the wilhelm you fight in BL2 isn't the real wilhelm. After all, wilhelm was meant to be strong as hell and that wilhelm was easy to take down, so much so that the characters mention it.

He was poisoned by Jack. Even without the dialogue explicitly stating that it's pretty obvious Jack sabotaged him so you would get the faulty power core.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Maybe he died at the end of TPS and you fight the technologically reanimated corpse of him.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I watched the credits for this for the first time after learning of the stylized pictures showing stuff, and I noticed Angel is a credited voice. I wonder if they cut her out of the game at some point in development after they already got the lines, or if that means she's planned in one of the DLCs or something.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Genocyber posted:

I watched the credits for this for the first time after learning of the stylized pictures showing stuff, and I noticed Angel is a credited voice. I wonder if they cut her out of the game at some point in development after they already got the lines, or if that means she's planned in one of the DLCs or something.
I'm pretty sure I've heard Angel's voice in one or two ECHO logs, that could be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Genocyber posted:

She is in some of the echo recordings you find for side quests, but does not speak to the PC directly.

Genocyber posted:

He was poisoned by Jack. Even without the dialogue explicitly stating that it's pretty obvious Jack sabotaged him so you would get the faulty power core.

This was cut from the game, which means it isn't really canon, so that does leave the door open to the possibility that it wasn't the real Wilhelm.

Skandranon fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 24, 2014

• Locked thread