Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh good my irrational insistence that Baylor is going to win can continue :dance:

The idea that Josh was closeted two years ago, and also that they're practicing abstinence until gay-marriage, is ridic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I liked how that tribe broke down, because it gave everyone a fighting chance to stay in the game.

I was surprised Jaclyn sided with Baylor and her mother considering that Baylor kind of screwed her, but I guess Jaclyn and Dale were also on opposite ends of the camp, and Dale and Kelley are bigger threats than Missy and Baylor.

I thought it was the wrong move for them. Dale and Kelly seem much more likely to stay loyal and Jacklyn knows that Baylor is in tight with Josh, adding all types of uncertainty for post-merge. Dale being annoying is a bonus, you already got a prepackaged excuse if you need to jettison him and he's probably the least threatening player in the game.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I wonder how much they are going to have to lose in order to get a bag of rice a few days before they merge into one tribe?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

Divorced three times?

NO loving WAY

Catching up on the thread while watching this on DVR but this cracked me up...Three times? Honey, it ain't them.

It's you.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Kekekela posted:

It really irritates me how Jeff is all :smug: "guess you shouldn't have eaten all that food, people who weren't on this tribe until I arbitrarily switched them up 5 minutes ago."

Yeah, it does seem annoying and unfair. But I can't think of a fair way to do it aside from just giving each team unlimited rice. While I care about the survival aspects of the show, just seeing people complain about not having rice is boring. I hope Jeff offers them a bag of the stuff they eat in the gross food challenges.

Kelly seemed cool, she really did get screwed by her dad holding onto a grudge a bit when he could have tried to bury the hatchet. Though I doubt she made enough of an impression to be brought back to the show.

Keith is probably in the best position in the game right now. He's got an idol and nobody seems interested in voting him or Wes out. But at the same time he doesn't seem to have any long-term relationships so he should be trying to forge more personal relationships and trust even though he is not the talkative type.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Wow this season is an enormous bag of suck. Hopefully it turns around at the merge, cause this cast blows. Bored with Josh getting the Earl-style edit, presumably as a misdirect. Reed might have some potential but he's been pretty overshadowed by The Josh Show so far. Everyone else is pretty forgettable.

Still too early to write the season off, but it's going to take some serious post-merge fireworks to drag this one back.

Edit: New pet peeve, idiots who think the rice has to last all the way to the end like there isn't going to be a merge at some point. Even Josh with his golden boy edit was guilty of this. Production isn't going to let someone starve and die, it's a TV show, and as someone posted watching a tribe get steamrolled while being emo about rice the whole time is lovely TV.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 23, 2014

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Man, bring survivor back to when they were eating ants and making tide nets for tiny fish.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Considering they knowingly had Jeff practically say "We'll find out next week what you'll sacrifice to get rice!" - that penalty better be severe. Take them to tribal, vote someone out, turn an immunity into a reward challenge.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Vote two out and then he goes to hand them the rice and then pours it into the fire.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
Add J'Tia and Crystal (from Gabon) to their tribe.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Have we ever had a season where the average level of intelligence is so low? I mean, we've definitely seen stupid people before, but this must be unprecedented.

"Why are they being so stingy about the rice? They have so much compared to my old tribe!" was the dumbest thing ever. There's a reason one tribe has a ton of rice and the other tribe has so little they are going to have to sacrifice something to get more food. Jesus christ, so dumb.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know why they voted out Kelley instead of Dale. It seemed like Baylor and others had a problem with Dale specifically, but then they just skip voting him out and instead target his daughter who might have been willing to work with them if it weren't for Dale holding onto grudges. I know that Kelley had been getting some comments about being a smart player, but there also didn't seem to be any mention of it during this episode.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

TMMadman posted:

I don't know why they voted out Kelley instead of Dale.

Because they think Dale will be more useful in the next challenge(s), that's all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I don't know why they voted out Kelley instead of Dale. It seemed like Baylor and others had a problem with Dale specifically, but then they just skip voting him out and instead target his daughter who might have been willing to work with them if it weren't for Dale holding onto grudges. I know that Kelley had been getting some comments about being a smart player, but there also didn't seem to be any mention of it during this episode.

Kelley was on the majority alliance on the other tribe and would have been a threat at the merge because of her relationships with other players. Dale is just an isolated grumpy old dude.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 23, 2014

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kelley was on the majority alliance on the other tribe and would have been a threat at the merge because of her relationships with other players. Dale is just an isolated grumpy old dude.

I think thinking of this level is a little too high order for this seasons castaways.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
This is possibly the most boring season I can remember (going at least as far back as tocantins), aside from maybe One World. I don't particularly care for anyone.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The Lord Bude posted:

This is possibly the most boring season I can remember (going at least as far back as tocantins), aside from maybe One World. I don't particularly care for anyone.

It's definitely in Nicaragua territory at the moment. I'm guessing it'll pick up a little at the merge and won't be quite as heinously awful as Nicaragua was, but it's looking pretty grim so far.

I wish they'd shown a little more restraint on the Josh edit. He's decently likeable and seems to have the best head for the game amongst this cast, but they're pushing him way too hard.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

BGrifter posted:

It's definitely in Nicaragua territory at the moment. I'm guessing it'll pick up a little at the merge and won't be quite as heinously awful as Nicaragua was, but it's looking pretty grim so far.

I wish they'd shown a little more restraint on the Josh edit. He's decently likeable and seems to have the best head for the game amongst this cast, but they're pushing him way too hard.

No, Nicaragua was better, because Marty was an interesting character to root for early on, and Watching Fabio Forest Gump his way to the win was mildly entertaining.

This season I can't even put names to faces besides John Rocker.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
So I'm one of the few only ones who is actually liking this season.
I can't put my finger on what it is but it's refreshing compared to last few seasons.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I like this season too so far. I'm afraid for it in the long-term, because I agree with everyone that the cast looks pretty weak, but so far? Rocker was entertaining, Drew's downfall was amazing, and last ep was pretty good. This season is more like a comedy season than a serious one, even last ep I laughed when that tribe had to go crawling to Jeff again for another trade. So I could see it getting rough down the road because of the weak cast but so far it's been good for me at least.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The Lord Bude posted:

No, Nicaragua was better, because Marty was an interesting character to root for early on, and Watching Fabio Forest Gump his way to the win was mildly entertaining.

This season I can't even put names to faces besides John Rocker.

I loved Marty, but Jane was so much worse than anybody on this season. Jimmy T was pretty awful too. It's still early but I think Josh has potential to be likeable on a Marty-level, and the rest aren't as awful they're just bland.

This season is dull as dishwater, not actively offensively bad like Nicaragua.

Edit: Both Drew and Rocker went waaaaaaay too quick for it to be any fun. They needed to get at least a few more weeks of being idiots for their downfall to be enjoyable. Instead it was Survivor Shannon first boot levels of "oh, they're dumb, and now they're gone".

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I think we've been spoiled with the last couple seasons being more interesting than usual pre-merge. There have been plenty of good seasons that didn't really get going until the merge.

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all
Those who got swapped over to no rice got screwed. How is it in any way their fault that the previous tribe ate all that rice?

In fact, there is a correlation between them eating the rice and winning challenges. What incentive does a tribe have to ration now? They can eat as much as they want, beat challenges, then swap away from the damage they've done.

I think the punishment should somehow be on all members of that previous tribe, regardless of where they swapped to.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Evil Trout posted:

In fact, there is a correlation between them eating the rice and winning challenges. What incentive does a tribe have to ration now? They can eat as much as they want, beat challenges, then swap away from the damage they've done.

Veteran Survivor players have been saying for years on RHAP that the move is to eat all the rice then wait for production to come up with an excuse to give you more. They're not going to let someone starve to death on the island, and one team getting steamrolled for weeks on end because they have no food is crappy TV.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TMMadman posted:

Kelley was a social threat who was probably the most athletic woman out there.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
I have been entertained by every episode so far. Unfortunately most of the entertaining players are now gone. However, Keith has a hidden idol and is pretty nonthreatening. Baylor continues to squeak by and now has her mom. There's no clear power blocs anywhere (except for the couples) so there's lots of opportunity for shifting alliances.

Just because nobody's being snarky to the camera doesn't mean this is a bad season.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Baylor's gonna be the next Sandra, I can feel it.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
i really want tribal to go back to the couples tribe because i dream that keith and dale can use the idol to knock out either baylor or michigan girlfriend.

but i know in my heart that keith will never do it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Even if he would, the two allied couples make a foursome, so where would you go after knocking one of them out? Now you're 2v3 (I'm assuming the person whose loved one you booted now hates you).

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I think they targeted Kelley instead of Dale to be spiteful and send a message like "if you want to gently caress with my daughter, I'll take yours out" or some dumb poo poo like that. They're still in the part of the game where they can afford to trim the fat and keep the strong competitors around.

Alaemon posted:

Add J'Tia and Crystal (from Gabon) to their tribe.

Easily the best trade idea so far.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

BGrifter posted:

I loved Marty, but Jane was so much worse than anybody on this season. Jimmy T was pretty awful too. It's still early but I think Josh has potential to be likeable on a Marty-level, and the rest aren't as awful they're just bland.

This season is dull as dishwater, not actively offensively bad like Nicaragua.

I like how we're on the topic of "poo poo people on Nicaragua" and we don't even get to Na Onka.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The price for rice is going to be 2 flints.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

cock hero flux posted:

The price for rice is going to be 2 flints.
:master: That would be so funny. Would cement this season as the greatest comedy season ever.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I could see the deal being, "If you win the IC, you give up immunity and can't vote out one of the swapped members."

That way it's not as unfair to them.

Or just "Vote someone out right now, you get rice. Survivor isn't fair."

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Or just "Vote someone out right now, you get rice. Survivor isn't fair."

They had just won immunity before asking about the rice. Saying "give up immunity for rice" is such an obvious thing for Jeff to have done. It wouldn't have thrown the game off with respect to number of castaways remaining, it would result in them getting rice and not dying of hunger, and it's a way to resolve food shortages in such a way that it doesn't actively encourage tribes to eat through their food as quickly as possible.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Purple rocks on the spot for rice!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

What Daisy said. The time is ripe for their return.

God, I hate the word ripe.

-

Super pissed Kelly is gone. What a shame. She was wonderful.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Immunity for rice doesn't work. They'd almost certainly require everyone on the tribe to agree to that, and Jeremy would probably rather starve until the merge than risk going home this early.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Yeah, considering they won't let anyone die of starvation, they will need to go in with an offer that won't be refused. I'm guessing shelter gets taken away as it did in Australia, though that is boring.

Edit: I also liked Kelley, but that's only going off of the poo poo with Drew. Unsurprisingly, there wasn't much else of her shown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's weird how nobody was voted out in this episode.

• Locked thread