Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Scarf posted:

Link, now. Please.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-BOTT...words=bottlefly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cuniculous posted:

And for something a little less depressing,

:):hf::)

That's one of the very few series that I've read more than once. Just started this one the other night.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Coffee And Pie posted:

Obligatory post-21 beer accessory:

I feel like you could just take off the handles and have a more compact product - or is the idea that it doesn't look like an opener when you're not using it?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Captain Lavender posted:

I feel like you could just take off the handles and have a more compact product - or is the idea that it doesn't look like an opener when you're not using it?

The idea is that it's a bottle opener that functions like a balisong, so you can flip it and do tricks and stuff, but instead of stabbing someone after, you can open a beer or something.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Lavender posted:

The idea is nerds think it's "cool."

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You guys should check out my sweet switchblade comb.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Coffee And Pie posted:

The idea is that it's a bottle opener that functions like a balisong, so you can flip it and do tricks and stuff, but instead of stabbing someone after, you can open a beer or something.

Yeah, I used to work at a knife shop and can already do all the butterfly knife tricks. I need one of these for stupid human trick style shits and giggles but if I ever do the part time bartender gig I'll have to get two. Ambidextrous knife trick beer openings would bring in great tips.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You guys should check out my sweet switchblade comb.

I have a plastic one, I don't give no fucks it's stupid as hell but I love it for exactly that reason

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Realised I haven't watched movies in years, bought a few that I don't own yet to get me back into it.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Realised I haven't watched movies in years, bought a few that I don't own yet to get me back into it.

I really love this movie.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Not a purchase, but I won an Engadget giveaway:

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

willing to part with the cat?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pukestain Pal posted:

willing to part with the cat?

I'll take the one lurking in the background.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Josh Lyman posted:

Calling dibs on both cats.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'll take the one lurking in the background.

nah, he's plotting death, you can have him.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

What is all that stuff?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pukestain Pal posted:

nah, he's plotting death, you can have him.
She. :colbert:

App13 posted:

What is all that stuff?
The backpack comes with a 10,400 mAh power bank and conduits to route charging cables to any of the pockets. Then left to right:

-Car mount for smartphone, uses non-residue "sticky" surface
-2 USB cables with nested micro USB/Lightning connectors
-Airline headset adapter
-Earbuds with built-in mic
-Cigarette adapter with 2x 2.1A USB outlets
-Travel charger with build-in 2,200 mAh battery
-Bluetooth speaker with 20 hour playback life, built-in mic to answer calls, and USB port to charge from 2,800 mAh battery
-5,200 mAh power bank with built-in micro USB and Lightning connectors

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Oct 25, 2014

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Changing careers is fuuunnnnnnnn.

But drinking new ciders is probably more entertaining for a Friday night (Rhubarb and marionberry hard ciders).

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Not mine but recently purchased from newegg a LG 34UC97 to pair with my ASUS 970GTX, finally able to get rid of my 2707wfp. Should be here in the next few days.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

TheHouseofM posted:

Not mine but recently purchased from newegg a LG 34UC97 to pair with my ASUS 970GTX, finally able to get rid of my 2707wfp. Should be here in the next few days.

Just in case anyone was wondering about the price.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Just in case anyone was wondering about the price.

so you are paying premium for a curved display that gains you nearly nothing?

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Pukestain Pal posted:

so you are paying premium for a curved display that gains you nearly nothing?

Yes.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Who needs buyer's remorse when you've got the forums?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Apple gets slammed for integrating curved screen technology and other companies trick consumers into paying a premium. :psyduck:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
A curved PC monitor is at least less dumb than a curved TV for your living room.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.
it's that time of year when all my boots turn to poo poo and i need replacements.

im also really cold and sometimes i like to put my sweaters on my dogs. hope they like this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pukestain Pal posted:

I really love this movie.

I watched Three Kings with 2 iraqis sitting next to me when I deployed in 2004.

They were in tears for like 3/4 of the movie.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Erudite Sybarite posted:

it's that time of year when all my boots turn to poo poo and i need replacements.

im also really cold and sometimes i like to put my sweaters on my dogs. hope they like this.

Why do you need two new pairs of docs every year. What are you doing to those poor boots?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

A) tell me where you got this and b) tell me there's a canucks one too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Apple gets slammed for integrating curved screen technology and other companies trick consumers into paying a premium. :psyduck:

Yea but they integrated it into a cell phone, and not a monitor, and it wasn't intentional.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Josh Lyman posted:

She. :colbert:

The backpack comes with a 10,400 mAh power bank and conduits to route charging cables to any of the pockets. Then left to right:

-Car mount for smartphone, uses non-residue "sticky" surface
-2 USB cables with nested micro USB/Lightning connectors
-Airline headset adapter
-Earbuds with built-in mic
-Cigarette adapter with 2x 2.1A USB outlets
-Travel charger with build-in 2,200 mAh battery
-Bluetooth speaker with 20 hour playback life, built-in mic to answer calls, and USB port to charge from 2,800 mAh battery
-5,200 mAh power bank with built-in micro USB and Lightning connectors

Do you actually own a smartphone?

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

First handgun. M&P Shield 9mm

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Big Centipede posted:

First handgun. M&P Shield 9mm

Don't know if it's the angle or what but

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Don't know if it's the angle or what but

haha, that's just the extended magazine. It's meant for concealed carry. This is it with a standard magazine.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

TheHouseofM posted:

Please post some benchmarks (over in the Serious Hardware/Sofware GPU thread), since it's hard to find info on how the GTX970 performs at 3440x1440. Most benchmarks run it through 2560x1440 and 3840x2160 only.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

spog posted:

Do you actually own a smartphone?
Haha yeah, I have an iPhone 6. Fair point though, it would all be pretty useless without.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Whoforthenwhat posted:

I really like your taste.

Mine is:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Night Danger Moose posted:

A) tell me where you got this and b) tell me there's a canucks one too.

http://shop.nhl.com/Ugly_Sweaters

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Whoforthenwhat posted:

This film is lovely; :clint: has been my favourite actor since I was tiny and couldn't quite tell the different between reality and movies (I thought everything on the screen was a documentary; Planet of the Apes at age four in the drive-in was quite a revelation, I can assure you. My brother was 17 and I was about 6 when God knows how he did it, but he took me to see Dirty Harry when it was in the movies. My mother threw a fit (understandably), but I knew if anyone ever gave our schoolbus poo poo, Clint would save us.

My recent purchase: I found a book on the history of the little village I grew up in (which was pretty much obliterated by modern progress, a new highway slamming through the middle of town, suburban sprawl). We were forced to move as a consequence of the highway as it ran right through where our front room was, and I didn't even like going through there as an adult, because I could still more or less make out particular overgrown bits and pieces from our property. A random late night interest surf led me to this woman's book; she's chairman of her history department at a uni in the American South now, and she's 20 years older than me, but just reading an excerpt from her book on Google books brought me to tears -- there's literally no one I know from that time in my life I can talk about living there and it's frequently a setting when I dream, so this was like finding a long-lost relative or something. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have this watch.

My next purchase was a $5000 watch.

Tread lightly.