Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
A Mock wearing a shirt that doesn't fully cover the neck - a Mock turtleneck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Was looking at the cast and the original Ral wont be reprising his role after episode 5. Looks like he didnt get better in time :(

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The gunpla goes haywire worldwide and Sekai needs to quickly teach the rest of the cast a rudimentary form of Jigen Haoh Anti-Plamo Martial Arts to help combat the threat. In a rather inspired decision from the director the last 3 episodes are just a live camera setup of all the voice actors smashing and stomping on an endless variety of different gundam models .

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

W.T. Fits posted:

HG 1/144 High Mock & HG 1/144 Mock Armory Set - Announced!

I already have an idea for a custom paint job for this. :swoon:

It's beautiful :stwoon:. Just a pity it doesn't come with a set of alternate heads from the first season finale.

BlitzBlast posted:

That's going to be like the Build Akatsuki, an out-of-universe exclusive that's being marketed as a BF kit.

It's a Dynames with the first round of freebie guns from May slapped on :effort:.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's beautiful :stwoon:. Just a pity it doesn't come with a set of alternate heads from the first season finale.

I imagine that would be in the hypothetical regular Mock kit, colored white.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I think the idea is that you take v-fins/mustaches from other HGs and bash them on yourself.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The final confrontation will be interrupted by a spliced in version of the mitchell and webb skit about football, but ramba rals va dubbing "ZAKU!" over every instance of the word Football.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yuuma is shaken to the core by Sekai's noble sacrifice through the use of the ultimate forbidden martial arts technique, and honors his memory by never using a sniper rifle in gunpla battle again, because snipers are the loving worst.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sharkopath posted:

The final confrontation will be interrupted by a spliced in version of the mitchell and webb skit about football, but ramba rals va dubbing "ZAKU!" over every instance of the word Football.

Hamon...are we the baddies?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I saw it pointed out on 4chan that the design of Gyanko's battle club balcony is a direct reference to Riddhe's own balcony from Gundam Unicorn.

Neat detail.
They also pointed out that Sekai's...er, "shooting abilities" were a nod to Patlabor's own Ohta who has similar quirks (and stance) when firing weapons.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

AradoBalanga posted:

They also pointed out that Sekai's...er, "shooting abilities" were a nod to Patlabor's own Ohta who has similar quirks (and stance) when firing weapons.

Which is actually pretty hilarious when you consider that the one time Ohta's ever shown to actually be competent with his sidearm was on the practice range.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
I finally watched this episode last night.

All I can say is: Gyanko stole my heart. The GUNPLA SPIRIT burns strong within her.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Someone pointed out the Red Zaku on the top of this card: http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/KumagawaMisogi/media/MiraiCard_zps2f8f0fd1.jpg.html

Mirai being this show's Char would be the next best thing (the previous best thing was everything about Gyanko).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Her mask is a giant Beargguy helmet.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
BearGuy F AMAZING

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Stop, please. I don't want to be disappointed when the things you are all suggesting are not true.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Let's talk about next week's episode preview instead; was that kid at the end of the preview the same kid from the opening credits with the Destiny Gundam?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

W.T. Fits posted:

Let's talk about next week's episode preview instead; was that kid at the end of the preview the same kid from the opening credits with the Destiny Gundam?

No it's the guy that shows up overshadowing Yuuma in the OP.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I agree that this talk about Mirai being the show's Char is completely ridiculous.

She would clearly be the show's Schwarz Bruder, er, Schwester.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This show is the perfect antidote for G-reco not doing much of anything for me.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

This show is the perfect antidote for G-reco not doing much of anything for me.

You and me both buddy. Then again, I was sure going in that this was going to be fantastic. I suspected I wouldn't much care for G-reco from the get go.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Personally, to me, both are... good!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Lessail posted:

Personally, to me, both are... good!

Didn't say G-reco wasn't good. Just it hasn't been my cup of tetley.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

Didn't say G-reco wasn't good. Just it hasn't been my cup of tetley.

I had a feeling it was always going to be that way from the start for a lot of people, so it's a cool thing that there's another gundam show out there that's also very good and caters to a different taste.

I doubt it was a conscious decision on Sunrise's part but it works out for the best.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Found this on 4chan, Gyanko is truly the best.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Caros posted:

You and me both buddy. Then again, I was sure going in that this was going to be fantastic. I suspected I wouldn't much care for G-reco from the get go.

Count me in as well, but with the caveat that I didn't even like the first season of BF much, and fully expected to like G-Reco more.

I guess the hefty amount of G Gundam references won me over to this season of BF. <3

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharkopath posted:

The gunpla goes haywire worldwide and Sekai needs to quickly teach the rest of the cast a rudimentary form of Jigen Haoh Anti-Plamo Martial Arts to help combat the threat. In a rather inspired decision from the director the last 3 episodes are just a live camera setup of all the voice actors smashing and stomping on an endless variety of different gundam models .

I thought Tomino was busy with G-reco.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Ramba Ral is too good for that other show.

Nah, he was just leaving to grab a change of clothes and some friends.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

None of them are doing a perfect split. What is this bullshit?

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
You just can't see Yuuki on the opposite side.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Other side also has everyone's Gunpla in a kick line.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

sunburnedcrow posted:

Found this on 4chan, Gyanko is truly the best.

Christ, I am so hungry right now.

For Gyanko. She is the most delicious.

I saw some pictures of the new HG 1/144 Mega Shiki on Gundamguy, and I can't wait to see it in action. Looks sexy in blue.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rewatching episode 3 again, I noticed something interesting during the fight.

This is the Build Burning Gundam immediately after getting hit by the Jet Stream Attack:

This is the Build Burning Gundam after reemerging from the water and deflecting Gyanko's missile barrage:

Where's the damage? The Rising Gundam's heat naginata should have left a very nasty slash in the BBG's torso... but it's apparently unscathed. And between the Powered GM Cardigan losing its arm and its shield, and the R-Gyagya losing one of its shields during the same fight, we know that at Model Damage Level B, the models should show some signs of actual damage from being hit by attacks. It could be an animation oversight, granted, but... I dunno, this feels like it's more significant than the Kampfer Amazing and GM Sniper K9's beam sabers swapping colors during Bloodhounds. I mean, this would be the first time the Build Burning Gundam has taken an actual significant hit during a fight, which would in turn be a great excuse for Fumina and/or Yuuma to teach Sekai about repairing his model after a battle in the next episode. But apparently Sekai was able to just completely no sell that attack like it was nothing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It landed in the water and cooled the melted area quickly enough that it stayed intact :pseudo:.

KoB
May 1, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

which would in turn be a great excuse for Fumina and/or Yuuma to teach Sekai about repairing his model after a battle in the next episode.

They probably dont want to do that episode yet, thats all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait, where was this analysis when the Dom got pierced through the chest to reveal the Burning Gundam....

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Wait, where was this analysis when the Dom got pierced through the chest to reveal the Burning Gundam....

Yeah, I pointed that out, too, but nobody else cared or considered it significant enough to think about. :shrug:

W.T. Fits posted:

There was some kind of weird Plavsky particle hax going on during the reveal, which stood out to me. Look at the damaged parts of the Dom and how they start glowing from within; that's definitely not normal. And when Yuuma finally did finish off the outer shell, he blew a hole clean through the Dom's torso; yet there wasn't a scratch on the Build Burning Gundam itself.

I'm really curious to hear the eventual explanation for what exactly the hell was up with that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd err on the side of 'lazy writing' before the Build Burning having miraculous nanomachine technology or something considering nobody has pointed it out onscreen yet. It could be otherwise but I kinda doubt it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'd actually err on the side of "animation mistake" more than anything, and completely not worth talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, I pointed that out, too, but nobody else cared or considered it significant enough to think about. :shrug:

I think you'll find the most likely explanation for that is simply drama.

• Locked thread