Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
This announcer dude is really loving obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
That masterpieces function is really clever and could easily make Nintendo a bunch of money with the e-shop connection.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

dude789 posted:

That masterpieces function is really clever and could easily make Nintendo a bunch of money with the e-shop connection.

It was in Brawl and I remember a video of some guy getting the master sword in Ocarina of Time in like the 5 minutes it gave you

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Takeaway from Smash Direct for Wii U is: Get Smash for the Wii U even if you're a 3DS person.

Apparently it's got Smash Mario Party, a built-in timed demo of every game represented, some 2D platformer exploration game, a ridiculous stage builder, and basically everything ever.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You realize that was in Brawl, right?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This stage builder you can fuckin draw the stages.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Mewtwo is dlc that you can get for free by buying both versions of the game.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Davinci posted:

Mewtwo is dlc that you can get for free by buying both versions of the game.

In spring of 2015.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Now that 8-player Smash is confirmed, here's the controller support rundown:

Wii U Gamepad: max. 1
Wiimote, Wiimote/Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller/Pro: max. 7
Wii U Pro Controller: max. 7
Gamecube Controller: max. 8 (4 controllers to a dock, 8 GC pads requires two docks)
3DS: max. 8 (each 3DS requires a copy of Smash 3DS)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I will say that they did a good job of adding enough extras to justify buying both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
That angry birds target practice is a pretty big selling point.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Gamecube Controller: max. 8 (4 controllers to a dock, 8 GC pads requires two docks)

Where did you hear this? It would be nice to not have anybody stuck with a 3DS circle pad.

Edit: vvvvv Hooray

Dr. Dos fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 24, 2014

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Dos posted:

Where did you hear this? It would be nice to not have anybody stuck with a 3DS circle pad.

It's on their main site

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry10.html

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Note that in order to hook up 8 Gamecube controllers, you'll either have to disconnect other USB accessories (like a hard drive), or get a hub.

But 8-player seems like strictly a casual party thing, so a random hodgepodge of 8 controllers is probably fine for most.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is Bayonetta 2 releasing digitally at midnight?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

So are they saying that somehow the game will support 7 remotes, or are they saying that Remote = one player, Classic Controller plugged into that remote = another player? Im gonna guess the latter.

Also it sucks to see that you have to own Smash 3DS to use the 3DS as a controller. What, is a download-play app too much to ask for something like that?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Gutcruncher posted:

Also it sucks to see that you have to own Smash 3DS to use the 3DS as a controller. What, is a download-play app too much to ask for something like that?

...Probably, yeah.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Gutcruncher posted:

So are they saying that somehow the game will support 7 remotes, or are they saying that Remote = one player, Classic Controller plugged into that remote = another player? Im gonna guess the latter.

I think anything that plugs into a remote is counted as one controller, so the former.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is Bayonetta 2 releasing digitally at midnight?

Yes :)

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Note that in order to hook up 8 Gamecube controllers, you'll either have to disconnect other USB accessories (like a hard drive), or get a hub.

But 8-player seems like strictly a casual party thing, so a random hodgepodge of 8 controllers is probably fine for most.

This helps you uphold the fine tradition of giving the best players the worst controllers.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Misandu posted:

This helps you uphold the fine tradition of giving the best players the worst controllers.

This is important at Christmastime.

8-player smash means I'll probably pick up a GC adapter after all, even though my controller of choice is the Pro. That way I'll have 2 Pro, 2 Classic, 3 Gamecube, and 1 Gamepad.

Nobody even has to use the shittiest options (Wiimote, Nunchuk)!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Do any major Nintendo releases NOT release at midnight digitally?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Disargeria posted:

GF games chat:
. My gf dies quickly, gets disheartened, and when she uses the gamepad for boost mode she just feels like an accessory. Tropical Freeze was even worse for her because of the difficulty. She doesn't feel the same about Galaxy 2 because she can actually interact and help defeat enemies.

You should be the one doing the boost mode, making it your mission to not let her die. Not only is it more interesting than just jumping on a platform, you're helping her get accustomed to the game without the normal fear of failure. My partner hated regular co-op because she felt my frustration and hers, but boost mode was us working together.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I still can't decide if I'm gonna replay The first Bayonetta or just jump right into the sequel.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Just started playing Tropical Freeze. I consider myself to be pretty solid at platformers so I'm really hoping this game will test my mettle a bit.

Halfway through the first world and it's already really smooth and robust in a way that NSMB completely isn't.

e: I own DKCR but never played it.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 24, 2014

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

axleblaze posted:

I still can't decide if I'm gonna replay The first Bayonetta or just jump right into the sequel.

Its not like the story matters in these games, just jump right in!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Gutcruncher posted:

Its not like the story matters in these games, just jump right in!

You would literally understand Bayonetta 1's story better from a synopsis anyway.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Well, maybe Bayonetta 2 then...

axleblaze posted:

That will likely be even less mature than Epic Yarn.

My ex didn't like video games too much (except the Sims), and considered a lot of them kind of kiddy. She loved Bayonetta so much that she bugged me until we made that upbeat cover of Fly Me to the Moon "our song".

I'm not saying this is likely to happen with anybody else.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 24, 2014

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Gutcruncher posted:

How would that even work? That'd be like making you play handcuffed to another player.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Carrasco posted:

How would that even work? That'd be like making you play handcuffed to another player.

I think it's eight players by way of that Gamecube controller adapter.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Carrasco posted:

There are games that do that, and yeah, it sucks. I don't think Smash is doing that, but I guess some people would appreciate the option.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jsor posted:

You would literally understand Bayonetta 1's story better from a synopsis anyway.

I'd still recommend playing 1 first if you never have since it owns and 2 apparently builds upon 1's mechanics.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

Just started playing Tropical Freeze. I consider myself to be pretty solid at platformers so I'm really hoping this game will test my mettle a bit.

Halfway through the first world and it's already really smooth and robust in a way that NSMB completely isn't.

e: I own DKCR but never played it.

I haven't played TF yet, but DKCR is one of my favorite games of all time, and from what I've heard TF surpasses it and it's hard to go back, so consider playing them in order to get the most out of it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Really, you should just sell the first game for like $10 bucks on the SA Mart and watch a YouTube video of some neckbeard homie explaining what happened.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, or play it because it's more fun to play something than it is to have it described to you.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You should play DKCR first so you have context for a joke in one of the last levels :colbert:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I'm replaying Bayonetta 1 because the new costumes are fun.

Also because I played the PS3 version so I want to see what the difference is.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Yeah, or play it because it's more fun to play something than it is to have it described to you.

This could be said for lots of unpleasant things, but it would be wrong then as well.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Suaimhneas posted:

I'm replaying Bayonetta 1 because the new costumes are fun.

Also because I played the PS3 version so I want to see what the difference is.

Yeah, as I said, I've played the original, I just haven't played it in a long time and have been wanting to replay it and playing the sequel first might make me less likely to ever do that. Plus the costumes should be fun.

And I definitely am not replaying it for the story seeing as I thought the story in the original was horrid.

By the way, while the game runs better than the PS3 version, somehow it apparently still runs worse than the 360 version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

noirstronaut posted:

This could be said for lots of unpleasant things, but it would be wrong then as well.

Bayonetta is supremely pleasant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

noirstronaut posted:

Really, you should just sell the first game for like $10 bucks on the SA Mart and watch a YouTube video of some neckbeard homie explaining what happened.

Another quality noirstronaut post

• Locked thread