Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Probably about the time you steal their best dude and punch them in the face.

Oh right, EDH games aren't supposed to end. We just cardboard wank at each other for 3 hours.

The idea is to make it actually infinite so you can kill EVERY opponent on the spot, not just one. To KEEP the game from being a 3 hour cardboard wank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

C-Euro posted:

I might try him in my Purphoros deck, especially if I can hit something like Myr Battlesphere or Chancellor of the Forge :iia:

Needs a way to produce red mana but otherwise yes.

Do you have a link to your Purphoros deck by the way? I was looking for the goon with the Silly Red Deck and you're apparently him so think you could hook a fellow mountain tapper up? :)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Lottery of Babylon posted:

You're spending red mana and only gaining colorless mana. Sooner or later your colored mana will run out.

Mycosynth Lattice! :eng101:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like Jared Boettcher is gonna be on the chopping block too. I like me a good witch hunt.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Looks like Jared Boettcher is gonna be on the chopping block too. I like me a good witch hunt.

Did you not read the last few pages?

edit** I guess I missed this gaining traction in the last hour. These people are going at this very hard.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Sucks. He's a nice guy but a cheat is a cheat.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Feldon Reanimator Purphoros would be cool. I just have this really dumb image of myr battlesphere being reanimated over and over and over

E: I guess Ashen rider is probably just better.

E: Oh man now I wanna do Feldon Pod

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 24, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Haha okay making fun of sickening was just in good fun but this is just blatantly poor research.

Sickening posted:

Did you not read the last few pages?

edit** I guess I missed this gaining traction in the last hour. These people are going at this very hard.

Man what, guess it's :munch: time.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 24, 2014

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Oh I definitely missed a page or two there. I blame the awful app :shobon:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Zoness posted:

Haha okay making fun of sickening was just in good fun but this is just blatantly poor research.

Man what, guess it's :munch: time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/2k7lap/another_jared_suspect_shuffling_video_in_slow/

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/2k7s2e/summary_of_suspect_jared_boettcher_shuffling/

People have put a lot of time into this. I totally blew it off when I saw that tweet but some of this stuff looks slightly suspicious. gently caress.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 24, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Palinchron/Peregrine Drake/Great Whale lets you get more mana back than you put in. Add Intruder Alarm/Freed From the Real/Aura of Dominion and get infinite mana to go with your whales! Not mono-red, however.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Feldon give Kikki Jikki a layer of redundancy that mono red decks never really had before. Plus more etb shenanigans that you can shake a stick at.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Lottery of Babylon posted:

You're spending red mana and only gaining colorless mana. Sooner or later your colored mana will run out.

Although can't you keep using the tokens to untap the mountain?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Every year I get all excited by commander spoilers and buy one or two of the decks and then I remember I actually hate playing commander.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Entropic posted:

Every year I get all excited by commander spoilers and buy one or two of the decks and then I remember I actually hate playing commander.

That's fair. Most EDH players are the Magic equivalent of syphilis. Have you tried finding a local playgroup doing 1v1 French? They are usually pretty reasonable fellows.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

Oh cool, Feldon can do that at instant speed, so Emrakul shenanigans are go

Feldon was an artificer who loved his dead wife so much he brought her back as a world-eating gargantua tentacle monstrosity.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lets Pickle posted:

Feldon was an artificer who loved his dead wife so much he brought her back as a world-eating gargantua tentacle monstrosity.

I have seen that anime.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

I have seen that anime.

I wanna watch fullmetal artificer.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Marit Lage?

Count Bleck posted:

Do you have a link to your Purphoros deck by the way? I was looking for the goon with the Silly Red Deck and you're apparently him so think you could hook a fellow mountain tapper up? :)

I'm at work but when I get home sure. I've actually only played it once because they keep doing the big monthly EDH throwdown on the one weekend each month where I'm traveling or have family obligations :negative: That, or I'm sure you can find a link to my Deckbox profile in a thread somewhere, it's on that site.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Toshimo posted:

That's fair. Most EDH players are the Magic equivalent of syphilis. Have you tried finding a local playgroup doing 1v1 French? They are usually pretty reasonable fellows.

The more I've played of edh the more appealing the French 1v1 format is.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Molybdenum posted:

The more I've played of edh the more appealing the French 1v1 format is.

A friendly reminder that ~~~Sheldon 'n Pals~~~ ban Primeval Titan but think playing with Sol Ring and Mana Crypt is fun and interesting.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

EDH is easily my least favorite format and I only play it sometimes because sometimes during the week thats all anyone at the lgs wants to play. It does seem to attract the oddballs that won't play any other format seriously. Also, gently caress anyone that plays possibility storm and makes the game take forever after I finally agree to play. I usually just drop when someone agrees to play standard/modern.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

This is great!
We've found the best quip, we can all stop now

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Does Sundial of the Infinite skip your end step when you end the turn?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lets Pickle posted:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Cactrot posted:

Sundial of the Infinite immediately ends the turn, do not pass go, do not collect a million dollars. I think it might also skip clean up?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Entropic posted:

If you don't have shitbird friends it's actually a fun, casual multiplayer game.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Sampatrick posted:

Sundial of the Infinite immediately ends the turn, do not pass go, do not collect a million dollars. I think it might also skip clean up?

You can't skip cleanup, because then your Giant Growth wouldn't have a chance to end, damage wouldn't be cleared off creatures, etc.

It does skip the end step though, so most stuff that triggers "at end of turn" misses.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Cactrot posted:

It moves you directly TO the cleanup step.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

If you don't have shitbird friends it's actually a fun, casual multiplayer game.

I'm just not a particular fan of >2-player magic formats.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Entropic posted:

Synchronized 2-headed giant is the best form of magic out there

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Entropic posted:

Planechase Cube is okay.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Entropic posted:

The best thing about this is that it's possible that this will create a window for priority. So, the Sundial might actually only sort of end the turn.

Magnificent
Jun 17, 2005

I was not programmed for friendship.
Nap Ghost

AnacondaHL posted:

And, regarding this thread's concern of Bertoncini:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/suspended-dci-memberships-2014-10-24

alex Bertoncini 1205286779 cortlandt manor NY United States 2014-10-24 2017-10-24

Clearly Excellent 2102400657 2012-10-03 2099-01-01

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
Hey guys, I know this is from several pages back, but I remembered there was a chat about how to make transforming cards legendary, and apparently Wizards already did it and made a special rule for it.

Elbrus, the Binding Blade. So they didn't do a werewolf because they didn't want to. :(

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

xeose4 posted:

Hey guys, I know this is from several pages back, but I remembered there was a chat about how to make transforming cards legendary, and apparently Wizards already did it and made a special rule for it.

Elbrus, the Binding Blade. So they didn't do a werewolf because they didn't want to. :(

Note how it transforms, this isn't like the werewolves that go back and forth, the Binding Blade is a one way transformation.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

Madmarker posted:

Note how it transforms, this isn't like the werewolves that go back and forth, the Binding Blade is a one way transformation.

Pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem. In fact, it would add a new layer of fun to the game as your opponent wants to cast/not cast so that your legendary werewolf gets flipped and conflicts with your un-flipped werewolf and you have to get rid of one of them; while you have a deck with a bunch of "exile, then return the next turn" cards ready to cast reactively when that happens.

Or you could just do what they want you to do and just run one legendary werewolf rather than gambling with two.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

xeose4 posted:

Pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem. In fact, it would add a new layer of fun to the game as your opponent wants to cast/not cast so that your legendary werewolf gets flipped and conflicts with your un-flipped werewolf and you have to get rid of one of them; while you have a deck with a bunch of "exile, then return the next turn" cards ready to cast reactively when that happens.

Or you could just do what they want you to do and just run one legendary werewolf rather than gambling with two.

The flipping back and forth is the problem that we were discussing in that context though. There were work arounds, but they would have been a bit clunky and apparently the team, at the time, didn't think it was worth the trouble.

It's also worth noting that the "just run one" thing wouldn't have actually solved the problem - when INN was in standard, the Legendary Rule checked both sides of the battlefield and both of them went to the graveyard.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Fingers McLongDong posted:

EDH is easily my least favorite format and I only play it sometimes because sometimes during the week thats all anyone at the lgs wants to play. It does seem to attract the oddballs that won't play any other format seriously. Also, gently caress anyone that plays possibility storm and makes the game take forever after I finally agree to play. I usually just drop when someone agrees to play standard/modern.

I was spoiled by a great playgroup when I was living in Maryland and I thought that people were being hyperbolic with their distaste for EDH. Then I moved back to Michigan and a buddy who got back into Magic after I left invited me out to his LGS's EDH league, which features a Sheldon PointsTM style scoring system and cash payout to the top 2. I think I made it through 3 and a half events before I couldn't deal with with the shitlord parade anymore. The EDH players at my LGS is more of the oddball crowd with the anime playmats and pokemon energy cards as basic lands and have some incomprehensible unwritten code of "don't play to win but get super mad if you don't win." It is interesting that the same deck can be unplayable garbage at one store and an oppressive tryhard douchefest at another store an hour away, but it has cut down on my interest in the format and I now understand where everyone who beefs with EDH is coming from. I've cut down to two decks I try to keep up to date to play occasionally with friends and drinks, but they tend to be more interested in Standard and Modern so I've got two each of those now.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Just write legendary on both sides of huntmaster. You can give him a name too, I suggest Bigby ala Fables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

xeose4 posted:

When my gf and I were new to magic I watched her get blown out by an Elbrus in a game she was winning bc she didn't take the time to read the card, and I had during my match with the same player. So hard to just sit there and not say anything :(

• Locked thread