Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

ah yes. "Detroit, on the shores of Lake Michigan." Also known as "Neither Gerry Conway nor his editor could be arsed to pick up an atlas."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Man, times were tough for Wonder Man in the 80's

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Sources unknown.

No... no, I don't think this is a real police case.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

No more weenie-waggling in the park for you, Thanos!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

muscles like this? posted:

No... no, I don't think this is a real police case.

I'm seriously struggling to come up with what kind of gorilla he was actually expecting. He's not surprised that there's a gorilla, he's surprised at the TYPE of gorilla.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It's gangster slang for a brutish guy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hulk Smash! posted:

Man, times were tough for Wonder Man in the 80's

Vibe is the guy who wishes he could be Wonder Man. It burns my scrote that he's one of the most prominent Latino superheroes whose powers aren't based in some stereotype, and even then only just.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Sources unknown.

They were right all along, it is a gateway drug!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

theflyingorc posted:

I'm seriously struggling to come up with what kind of gorilla he was actually expecting. He's not surprised that there's a gorilla, he's surprised at the TYPE of gorilla.

I'm almost convinced it's some type of racist slang.

Though it does remind me of the best joke from the classic Kurt Russle/Martin Short comedy, Captain Ron.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Darthemed posted:

Sources unknown.

That's some powerful weed. It's strong enough to turn a Kryptonain into Ronald Reagan. (That's probably a good thing. If reading comics from the 80's taught me one thing, it's that a lot of super heroes needed to be able to disguise themselves as Ronnie.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Step up your self-motivation game, Rainbow Rider.

The dialogue in the first panel is clearly edited. Editing perfectly funny classic panels to misrepresent their content seems to be a trend nowadays.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

They told Thanos he would get the Death Penalty and he happily surrendered :shobon:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
New 52 Harley Quinn 11. Power Girl has lost her memory for some drat reason, and finds something odd with her costume.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
And get read for an anti-drug PSA:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, I'd get mad, but I trust Jimmy and Amanda. And it's still better than Geoff Johns' attempt to deal with the boob hole.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Anora posted:

And get read for an anti-drug PSA:

Makes me think of one of the funnier moments on Drawn Together when they were all in a helicopter that was about to crash. It cut to Captain Hero doing a confessional.

"I could have easily saved us all with my superpowers, but I had been smoking marijuana. Still think drugs are cool?"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darthemed posted:

Sources unknown.

I love how Psylocke is just walking past, trying not to be a part of it because this happens every Wednesday in the x-mansion.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Preview/teaser for the upcoming Squirrel Girl comic.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56590

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I'm sold.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't know why, but "She's got partially-squirrel blood" was the line that really tickled me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

On the one hand that's a weird redesign, but on the other hand I'm glad someone finally undid the gradual sexification she's undergone over the years.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Now I want a Squirrel Girl movie starring Kristen Schaal.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dacap posted:

Now I want a Squirrel Girl movie starring Kristen Schaal.

:vince:

Make it happen, Marvel

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Lurdiak posted:

On the one hand that's a weird redesign

I know, right!

(She needs a hat.)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I do miss those vertical lines that used to cross her eyes. I don't know what their deal was, but they were distinctive.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I have this issue!
That's The Rhino dressed as Santa

That gorilla looks hurt. Like he knows one of the thieves and thought they were friends. "Gary? W-why?"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nextwave #5.
Cable prolapses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Cyborg is by no means my favorite character, but Christ, more than bronies? That is a bit disproportionate.

I don't have to explain my hate to you!

Also Busiek left Aquaman voluntarily. He had a bigger project to focus on (Trinity).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gently caress YOU SOUTH AMERICA!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So is Squirrel Girl's superpower the ability to chew acorns and get hit by traffic? Because squirrels are all about becoming roadkill.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sitchelin posted:

So is Squirrel Girl's superpower the ability to chew acorns and get hit by traffic? Because squirrels are all about becoming roadkill.

She has the proportionate strength, speed and agility of a squirrel. Also she can talk to them, and has a big-rear end tail. (Pun only sorta intended)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tarezax posted:

For the former see: Batman the Brave and the Bold

Aquaman driving his family across America in an RV was OUTRAGEOUS!

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Sources unknown.

I recognize this one, since I wrote a review of that issue (I recognize most of the other 90's books in this list because I read at least some of them). It's War Machine #20! http://thepouchfiles.blogspot.com/2014/01/review-war-machine-20.html

Featuring War Machine's snazzy new duds, the "Eidolon Warware":

As if the art wasn't enough of a selling point, it's part of the Crossing!

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

No it was more knocking him out and then using it when he was in his godkiller armor. He has to find his boy!
What's more, he was subsequently told by Batgirl, Red Hood, and Red Robin that they were still on the outs with Batman but that they needed his help in the Batcave... cue them conking him out and Batgirl using said Boom Tube to follow Batman to Apokalips, though Cyborg woke up just in time to follow them through (with the Bat-family dog Titus clinging to his leg).

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Gaz-L posted:

She has the proportionate strength, speed and agility of a squirrel. Also she can talk to them, and has a big-rear end tail. (Pun only sorta intended)

Also, she can defeat anyone, as long as it happens offscreen.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
My hypothesis is an irony-based secondary mutation.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Cornwind Evil posted:

Also, she can defeat anyone, as long as it happens offscreen.

Or Modok. She can defeat him normally.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Or Modok. She can defeat him normally.

Yeah, but who couldn't?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah, I mean

he's Modok

Dude's my favorite comic book character and even I know the only thing he's good for is jobbing and having sick nasty costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I know it's Modok, but shouldn't he be able to Psi-blast a squirrel off his face?

Eh, write it off on Squirrel girl plot armor, I guess.

• Locked thread