Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I don't even want to combo with Feldon, I just want to go to value town with cards like flame tounge kavu or goblin welder.
Welder is ridiculous with feldon and both are good on their own in the same style deck.
I think we need to find a general for this deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Wadjamaloo posted:

I don't even want to combo with Feldon, I just want to go to value town with cards like flame tounge kavu or goblin welder.
Welder is ridiculous with feldon and both are good on their own in the same style deck.
The general is Feldon obviously.
e: Maybe blue red would be neat, Feldon and Arcum Dagsson.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Magic: The gathering megathread: Boettcher gonna shuffle differently from now on.

Ebethron
Apr 27, 2008

"I hear the coast is nice this time of year."
"If you're in the right business, it's nice all the year."
Feldon rocks, going straight into Cube. Red reanimator with Faithless Looting and Chandra.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Wadjamaloo posted:

Grenzo or Purphoros are my choices, and he'll be going in both.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

BXCX posted:

the oddball crowd with the anime playmats and pokemon energy cards as basic lands and have some incomprehensible unwritten code of "don't play to win but get super mad if you don't win."
What in the actual gently caress. Pokemon energy cards look like poo poo and the cards are (or feel to me) lovely quality material, why in the hell would you do that except to be as insufferable as humanly possible? Like, I can kind of understand using pokemon cards for tokens because they're easier to show as tapped than dice or beads or whatever, but that seems like it's walking dangerously close to loving around to make it harder to read the game state than anything else.

Toshimo posted:

That's fair. Most EDH players are the Magic equivalent of syphilis.
This is the truth. In my experience EDH players fall into two categories: the ones who just want to play combo solitaire (and throw a tantrum if you disrupt it), and the ones who just want to play 100 card jank piles (and throw a tantrum when you Terminate their shivan dragon after they pump all their mana into it). I've never had a good experience with EDH and every time I say "no, I'd rather play normal magic" they get all snotty, as if not liking their format is a personal affront. And if/when they ask why, I tell them and get the same "well you just haven't played with us! We're the good/fun/etc EDH players." Which has never been true.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I missed the link, have they spoiled the entire new Commander sets yet or just a few choice cards?

On another topic, Jared Boettcher getting banned would be pretty nuts. It's entertaining watching the twitter feeds of the various high-profile players picking sides for or against him. The mounting number of videos in the reddit thread is getting pretty damning.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

qbert posted:

I missed the link, have they spoiled the entire new Commander sets yet or just a few choice cards?

Monday's mothership article went up early and thats where they were taken from.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

qbert posted:

Spoilers were scheduled to start on Monday; I guess a few cards "leaked" a little early.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yawgmoth posted:

What in the actual gently caress. Pokemon energy cards look like poo poo and the cards are (or feel to me) lovely quality material, why in the hell would you do that except to be as insufferable as humanly possible? Like, I can kind of understand using pokemon cards for tokens because they're easier to show as tapped than dice or beads or whatever, but that seems like it's walking dangerously close to loving around to make it harder to read the game state than anything else.
This is the truth. In my experience EDH players fall into two categories: the ones who just want to play combo solitaire (and throw a tantrum if you disrupt it), and the ones who just want to play 100 card jank piles (and throw a tantrum when you Terminate their shivan dragon after they pump all their mana into it). I've never had a good experience with EDH and every time I say "no, I'd rather play normal magic" they get all snotty, as if not liking their format is a personal affront. And if/when they ask why, I tell them and get the same "well you just haven't played with us! We're the good/fun/etc EDH players." Which has never been true.

Try telling them to play an actual good board game that was created for multiplayer instead of reverse-engineering a 2-player game and see their reactions :3:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Man, thank God my stubby sausage fingers lack the dexterity to do any of this fancy stuff with decks. I could use the help though.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Marit Lage?

I'm at work but when I get home sure. I've actually only played it once because they keep doing the big monthly EDH throwdown on the one weekend each month where I'm traveling or have family obligations :negative: That, or I'm sure you can find a link to my Deckbox profile in a thread somewhere, it's on that site.

Marit Lage is an incredibly powerful entity worshiped as a god that can somehow move between planes without the use of planeswalking.

wizards please retcon Marit Lage as the eldrazi Marito Lagerus or something TIA

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 24, 2014

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I didn't notice they brought back your limited/constructed ratings in MTGO so you can monitor just how much you loving suck. Yay.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
also is it just me or is Feldon super playable in Imperial Painter? You can fetch him with recruiters, make one recruiter each turn?
Oh, you can make an artifact goblin welder that can weld itself to bring back parts of the combo. so EOT artifact welder into grindstone, upkeep welder into painter' servant?

e: vvv no doubt in regular legacy, but painter isn't exactly regular legacy

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 24, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

A big flaming stink posted:

also is it just me or is Feldon super playable in Imperial Painter? You can fetch him with recruiters, make one recruiter each turn?
Oh, you can make an artifact goblin welder that can weld itself to bring back parts of the combo. so EOT artifact welder into grindstone, upkeep welder into painter' servant?

It's just you. A 3-drop that costs 3 to make a clone of a creature in your yard is completely unplayable in Legacy and I don't know how you could expect otherwise.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

A big flaming stink posted:

Marit Lage is an incredibly powerful entity worshiped as a god that can somehow move between planes without the use of planeswalking.

wizards please retcon Marit Lage as the eldrazi Marito Lagerus or something TIA

No, I was asking if Feldon turned his dead wife into Marit Lage by accident. Someone posted about him turning her into a tentacled horror, I was wondering if that was her.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

C-Euro posted:

No, I was asking if Feldon turned his dead wife into Marit Lage by accident. Someone posted about him turning her into a tentacled horror, I was wondering if that was her.

He didn't. He just tried to bring her back as a robot and failed.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

C-Euro posted:

It was a joke about using him to "reanimate" Emrakul.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

qbert posted:

Here's the article with preview cards.

They mention Wurmcoil Engine as a good card to copy with Feldon.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Applebees posted:

Here's the article with preview cards.

They mention Wurmcoil Engine as a good card to copy with Feldon.

edh.jpg

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

neetengie posted:

The general is Feldon obviously.
e: Maybe blue red would be neat, Feldon and Arcum Dagsson.
I completely missed that he was legendary.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Wadjamaloo posted:

I completely missed that he was legendary.
For flavor I'd use Jhoria, since she's an artificer right? Having those three would be neat for artifact shenanigans.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That's cool that we're probably getting a grandma Sengir planeswalker.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

That's cool that we're probably getting a grandma Sengir planeswalker.

Tevesh Szat, just to hear the pronunciations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mehall posted:

Tevesh Szat, just to hear the pronunciations.

People knew Tevesh Szat by name though.

One if the five we're getting is one a lot of people didn't know the name of, and probably very few know G. sengir's name is Ravi.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I really hope it's like Commodore Guff just for maximal trolling

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

People knew Tevesh Szat by name though.

One if the five we're getting is one a lot of people didn't know the name of, and probably very few know G. sengir's name is Ravi.

Friend of mine is pretty sure the whole "character we know, but don't know the name of" is likely to be the lithomancer, to key in with whats going on in story, despite the fact that the lithomancer is almost certainly dead.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I never realized I wanted Ravi, Grandmother Sengir, as a card so badly until that potential thought was put out. Tevesh Tzat, Leshrac? Sorry fellows. Not-Planeswalker Planeswalker-Card Yawgmoth? Still want you but you'll never happen because its silly. Granny Sengir? Ring me an apocalypse chime anyday.

mehall posted:

Friend of mine is pretty sure the whole "character we know, but don't know the name of" is likely to be the lithomancer, to key in with whats going on in story, despite the fact that the lithomancer is almost certainly dead.

Didn't we just learn between Ob Nixilis' and Sorins' recent fluff articles that her name was Nahiri? (Also my pet theory is that she vanished by sealing herself in a time bubble or something after the time travel shenanigans of Fate Reforged so she'll wake up when Sorin and Ugin reappear in Louie so the whole gang gets back together)

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 25, 2014

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mehall posted:

Naw, they're saving the Lithomancer for a Standard functional reprint of Stoneforge Mystic, except with the text "search your library for an equipment card not named Batterskull" so they can make it legal in Modern.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Chamale posted:

Naw, they're saving the Lithomancer for a Standard functional reprint of Stoneforge Mystic, except with the text "search your library for an equipment card not named Batterskull" so they can make it legal in Modern.

Even with that clause I think it'd be too dangerous. There's a reason why it was called Caw-Blade and not Caw-Skull, and that's because it was making GBS threads on Standard for months before Batterskull was any more than a twinkle in Ken Nagle's eye. Of course it had JTMS all those months too, but there's a reason why it was the best JTMS deck.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Lord Windgrace would be cool. He looks like a bad rear end.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

mehall posted:

What was said was that we knew the character but 'maybe' didn't know the name. I think it's the mask planeswalker from DotP that they did an Uncharted Realms for.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

Myriad Truths posted:

What was said was that we knew the character but 'maybe' didn't know the name. I think it's the mask planeswalker from DotP that they did an Uncharted Realms for.
Given that's literally the only source on him, it provides his name, and basically the only point of it was to kill him, I don't see it happening. Not worthwhile.

JerryLee posted:

There's a reason why it was called Caw-Blade and not Caw-Skull, and that's because it was making GBS threads on Standard for months before Batterskull was any more than a twinkle in Ken Nagle's eye.
Caw-Skull would have been hella :black101: though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Count Bleck posted:

Do you have a link to your Purphoros deck by the way? I was looking for the goon with the Silly Red Deck and you're apparently him so think you could hook a fellow mountain tapper up? :)

Just remembered this, this is what I have now and this is what I want to turn it into.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Myriad Truths posted:

I have no idea to whom you are referring.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Myriad Truths posted:

P. Sure that dude got Garruked.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Mardu midrange is the most fun I've had playing magic.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

P. Sure that dude got Garruked.

Sure, but Teferi isn't a planeswalker anymore either. I don't know the lore well enough to say if maybe Serra isn't a better fit for the white walker, or the Lithomancer, but he comes to mind as a solid possibility, since they did a lengthy bio on him and he was on a lot of the Magic 2015 promo materials.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Myriad Truths posted:

Sure, but Teferi isn't a planeswalker anymore either. I don't know the lore well enough to say if maybe Serra isn't a better fit for the white walker, or the Lithomancer, but he comes to mind as a solid possibility, since they did a lengthy bio on him and he was on a lot of the Magic 2015 promo materials.

That's a good point, I'll admit.

What I'm really excited for is the new planeswalker from a plane we've already seen. That's got to be Lorwyn, right? It's a plane they're pretty much guaranteed not to revisit, but that they'd do representation for in the same way that Tamiyo is our representative for Kamigawa. Speaking of which, she must have a nice thing going now that Kamigawa is basically guaranteed never to have anything disastrous happen again because we aren't getting a new block there. She can always just go home and relax if she feels like it. Everyone else's homes are either wrecked (Mirrodin, Zendikar, Dominaria, Alara) or not the greatest place in the first place (Innistrad, Tarkir).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

LGD posted:

I really hope it's like Commodore Guff just for maximal trolling

Commodore Guff loving owns buddy, and I won't hear an ill word about him.

• Locked thread