Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone know if there's any coolant flushes better than the standard Prestone poo poo you get at Advance Auto and whatnot? I'm guessing it's all pretty much the same poo poo. Have a bit of a rust issue that I need to sort out before I replace a water pump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

meatpimp posted:

Don't become a lawyer.

Truth. But really don't become a family lawyer.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My wife has a good friend that's a lawyer and she's pretty miserable so yeah. Would suck to go through all that schooling, getting into massive debt and then realizing you hate your profession.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I would say to not become a lawyer unless you're a bloodthirsty pit bull. Those are the ones that make the stereotype of 'wealthy lawyer dude'. And this thread moves at ridiculous pace once it turns into YosPos and I don't understand any of it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

cursedshitbox posted:

high 15s for quarter mile time. hahaha drat!

Dude, 1979. I think Corvettes were doing like 17-18s, lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I would say to not become a lawyer unless you're a bloodthirsty pit bull. Those are the ones that make the stereotype of 'wealthy lawyer dude'. And this thread moves at ridiculous pace once it turns into YosPos and I don't understand any of it.
I mostly only post in YOSPOS and AI now and even though I know what they're talking about over there sometimes it never ceases to amaze how much I have yet to learn :v:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
did someone say yospos?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
The happiest law school grads I know aren't lawyers.

Some friends were getting together prior to that wedding tomorrow, and instead of just going and drinking at a goddamn bar, they had to go to a goddamn strip club, which was a bit puzzling since it's a group of 6 girls and one other guy. I haven't seen most of them in 10+ years, so I went along and I suddenly remembered how much I don't like strip clubs. I'm broke as gently caress right now, so I feel guilty as hell for not being able to tip. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm actually going through a divorce, so I'm generally glum and the one thing that should make me feel better, boobs in my face, is the last thing in the world that I want right now.

gently caress me, why can't things just be loving cool again? Goddamn :smith:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I've always been told that unless you have the marks to get into one of the top five law schools (in the US and/or Canada at least), don't bother because you're gonna end up in a soul-sucking family law practice, fighting over which of Billy-Bob or Bobby-Sue gets the double-wide and the Camaro.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

MrChips posted:

I've always been told that unless you have the marks to get into one of the top five law schools (in the US and/or Canada at least), don't bother because you're gonna end up in a soul-sucking family law practice, fighting over which of Billy-Bob or Bobby-Sue gets the double-wide and the Camaro.

Those people just make more. They're not less miserable.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

Thanks. I went back and looked - glasses for me are about $200 on O4L, and the others, really. $84 for the high index plastic lenses, plus a surcharge for the -10.5 sphere. Still reasonable, I guess.
I could get sunglasses first, I suppose, to test.
I used the credit card site to measure PD, and used a "spot" method (putting felt-tip dots on your lenses over a point while staring at said point with both eyes), and both came out to around 63-4mm, so I think I've got that right.

I have to be sure I drink plenty of water when working outside. I sweat like a pig - it keeps me cool (unless it's beastly humid, which it can be in N. Tx.) but obviously I can dehydrate pretty quickly. A buddy of mine suffered heat stroke a couple of times - now he has to be really careful to not dehydrate. I have no desire to be that on the edge. I like to make sure I have one of those 32 oz. plastic restaurant cups full of water handy all the time. Get a gulp or two any time I go into the garage for a tool or whatever.

e: Hope stocking works out better for you STR. There a re days I would much rather do that, then the PC janitor crap I do now, if only it paid as well. Hell, I helped my sister and brother string wire fence the last two weekends on my sister's land. I would rather do THAT than this... if I could live on the pay.

Round up to the next whole number on the PD if you're between two numbers.

I sweat like a pig myself. And in fact, I had no loving clue how dehydrated I was today. I drank almost a gallon of water before the drug test I took today... then drove around awhile. Then when I thought I had to pee, I showed up at the testing place, and... nope, couldn't pee yet. Drank more water there, finally after about another 30 minutes I finally felt the urge to pee. And it wasn't a gallon's pee. Still haven't pissed again, and I've been drinking water all day.

I could barely give enough of a sample for them to test, not even up to the minimum line. I didn't have to actually piss for a couple more hours. He said it was just enough for their machine to read, so that's good at least. I'm a little :tinfoil: about it not being diluted enough though, since I did have a few tokes of :420: last week (I bought an at-home instant marijuana drug test before going in though, and tested negative). I already spoke with the MRO's office to see what paperwork I'm gonna need to give them for my medications, and they did confirm that they'll be able to see exactly what drugs were in my system, instead of just the class of drug.

I've done stocking before at Whole Foods, and this store is similar in size to the WFM I worked at (it's a former Albertsons). It's not difficult, just labor intensive, and they give raises as you learn to stock different departments. Also told them I'd be interested in cashiering overnight (this store has cashiers stocking as well, but if there's a customer, I could ring them up), which would also get me a pay raise.

Another Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market (the one right by my house) actually offered me $10.60 if I would work in the bakery and deli. I can handle deli fine (done it before), but I'd also be handling the rotisserie chicken.. which always grossed me out at Whole Foods. And no way in hell can I decorate a cake.

My phone is still blowing the gently caress up every morning with every Wal-Mart around here calling me. I finally figured out the mumbling voicemail, it was for tire and lube (gently caress THAT). The HR person I interviewed with today told me she used to work in one of the SuperCenters, and much prefers the Neighborhood Markets - much less stress for everyone involved.

I'm still gonna do Pizza Hut part time until at least the end of the year, if I don't drag the new GM out back and toss him on the roof first.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Man, is there a video player app for Kindle Fire HD that will actually play MKV?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Intel does make good stuff, and my i7 in my laptop is awesome, but my AMDs are still my favorite machines.

VW avatar? Check.
Still thinks AMD has made any remotely competitive chips in the past decade? Check.
Hating on Slot 1 Celerons for no good reason? Check.

It's like a posting trifecta of blind brand loyalty, masochism, and willful ignorance. :allears:

CommieGIR posted:

Manual or GTFO for me.

This is one thing you did get right though. :hfive:

Fo3 posted:

Ha, I jumped to AMD as soon as the athlon skt A came out (900, 1700+, 2600+, the skt 939 with the 4400+), my current desktop is a now very dated 1090T.
The old celerons/pentiums were just a toy I played with as AMD were poo poo with the k6.
The only intel CPUs I still use are laptops.

Key word, were. AMD hasn't been competitive in CPUs (desktop or mobile) for the better part of a decade now, and anyone saying otherwise is straight up delusional. AMD's latest and greatest current 220w-sucking desktop chips are often outperformed by cheaper, lower wattage 35w intel ultrabook chips. The roles are well reversed from the glory days of the Athlon and shitshow of the P4.

I used mostly AMDs from the original K6 (pre -2 era) up until well into the Athlon XP years and those were great chips in the day (and spanked the poo poo out of the garbage intel was making during the P4 era), but it's time to face it - they're a lot like 90's GM: used to be great a couple generations ago, but only really manage to scrape a few sales to prolong their death from the few people who buy solely on brand loyalty, mostly from people who've never bothered to read a review or do comparison shopping or who buy solely on price with no other considerations given.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Still have a soft spot for the old 300A. The last pre-built desktop we'd ever bought was a Pentium II 350, and shortly afterwards my dad decided he wanted to have a second desktop and heard how cheap / easy it was to put together something with the 300A and an Abit BH6. Put it together for about 1/4 of the cost of the prebuilt box and when we finished overclocking both of them, they ran neck and neck in any benchmark you'd throw at them.

I had that exact same combo for many years (300a + BH6). The BH6 finally popped a cap and stop working eventually though; it was a sad day.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

some texas redneck posted:

Another Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market (the one right by my house) actually offered me $10.60 if I would work in the bakery and deli. I can handle deli fine (done it before), but I'd also be handling the rotisserie chicken.. which always grossed me out at Whole Foods. And no way in hell can I decorate a cake.

Yeah, handling raw chicken everyday probably gets a bit gross.

But decorating cakes sounds like a sweet (haha) job. I thought being good at decorating was A Gay Thing? :v:

HotCanadianChick posted:

AMD hasn't been competitive in CPUs (desktop or mobile) for the better part of a decade now, and anyone saying otherwise is straight up delusional. AMD's latest and greatest current 220w-sucking desktop chips are often outperformed by cheaper, lower wattage 35w intel ultrabook chips. The roles are well reversed from the glory days of the Athlon and shitshow of the P4.

I used mostly AMDs from the original K6 (pre -2 era) up until well into the Athlon XP years and those were great chips in the day (and spanked the poo poo out of the garbage intel was making during the P4 era), but it's time to face it - they're a lot like 90's GM: used to be great a couple generations ago, but only really manage to scrape a few sales to prolong their death from the few people who buy solely on brand loyalty, mostly from people who've never bothered to read a review or do comparison shopping or who buy solely on price with no other considerations given.

The Phenom II really was the last good (or at least decent) AMD processor, but Intel buried it with the Core i3/5/7. Mine still keeps up with gaming etc. pretty well, but then again I have the absolute top-of-the-line hexacore space heater edition.

My first PC that was actually mine was a 350MHz K6-2 with a blistering 64MB RAM, 12GB hard drive and a 16MB Riva TNT, so I kinda have a soft spot for AMD. They're pretty much not a player anymore, though :(

I think that K6-2 is still in service as a firewall, actually.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 25, 2014

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I, too, have a Phenom II X6 1100T :pcgaming: :rice: Black Edition space heater.

I regret not going with an Intel i5 immensely.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CharlesM posted:

Man, is there a video player app for Kindle Fire HD that will actually play MKV?

If you have it rooted, MX Player.

If you don't, VLC Player is on the Amazon Appstore.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I haven't built a pc for 15 years, nothing I do taxes a cheap lovely laptop so that's one whole area of expense/time sink/mind space I don't have to bother with, feels good.

It feel good to be able to cut something out of your life and simplify it, even simple things like not keeping up with certain threads can free up time and that's another bunch of poo poo you don't have to think about.

I just wish someone would buy my house so I can move somewhere with separate rooms for the kids, and a garage.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I have learned that it takes one scotch and 1hr to fully strip the front part of a motor in a Miata just to get to the water pump.

I am also immensely pissed that I'm doing this over a failed gasket on the new pump.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Someone had asked about how much the hospital bill was. I had to go get a copy of my medication records today anyway - I had a pre-employment drug test today, with drugs that will show up on the test - both administered in the hospital and from a prescription I have. I wanted to have everything ready for when the MRO calls to ask why I'm testing positive for two kinds of benzos.

Edited out most of what I think would let Bucephalus track me down again. :glomp:

Medication/pharmacy charges alone were $5,789.76. I got charged $40 for a 10mg Celexa :stare: and $65 for every Ativan injection :stonk:

Insurance knocked it down by more than 50%, and is covering the rest.

I'm also taking part in an experimental ADHD medication study starting on Monday. Maybe I can actually concentrate on something more than 2 minutes. Or maybe my heart will explode.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 25, 2014

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

HotCanadianChick posted:

Key word, were. AMD hasn't been competitive in CPUs (desktop or mobile) for the better part of a decade now, and anyone saying otherwise is straight up delusional. AMD's latest and greatest current 220w-sucking desktop chips are often outperformed by cheaper, lower wattage 35w intel ultrabook chips. The roles are well reversed from the glory days of the Athlon and shitshow of the P4.

Umm, yeah.
There's no points to debate here, nothing contentious I said that needs to be rallied against.
I played around with slot 1 and skt370 (with slotkets). Then I went skt A and skt 939.
My laptop is a core 2 duo, and my desktop is an old 1090T. I purely don't have any i5/i7 systems because I haven't bought a laptop or built a PC for 4 years!

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 25, 2014

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Someone had asked about how much the hospital bill was. I had to go get a copy of my medication records today anyway - I had a pre-employment drug test today, with drugs that will show up on the test - both administered in the hospital and from a prescription I have. I wanted to have everything ready for when the MRO calls to ask why I'm testing positive for two kinds of benzos.

Edited out most of what I think would let Bucephalus track me down again. :glomp:

Medication/pharmacy charges alone were $5,789.76. I got charged $40 for a 10mg Celexa :stare: and $65 for every Ativan injection :stonk:

Insurance knocked it down by more than 50%, and is covering the rest.

I'm also taking part in an experimental ADHD medication study starting on Monday. Maybe I can actually concentrate on something more than 2 minutes. Or maybe my heart will explode.

so each banana bag would be a folvite, mvi, and thiamine in a liter of NS. no mag apparently.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

If you have it rooted, MX Player.

If you don't, VLC Player is on the Amazon Appstore.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I uninstalled it before because it has full page ads or some poo poo and didn't work for other stuff, but it worked this time, so... problem solved?
:)
I will try the APK for MX Player (free I presume?) later.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So I've been out of the hospital for roughly 10 1/2 days. And I'm already back into my old habits. Not anywhere near as bad, but I can already see my habit getting worse again.

I just checked my insurance company's website for behavioral health centers. There's one about 15 minutes away that takes my insurance; they do everything from inpatient detox to partial hospitalization to intensive outpatient to just basic medication management. I know there's medications that kill alcohol cravings in their tracks (there's also the hell known as antabuse, but I'd rather not go on that). Some IOP wouldn't hurt either. And frankly, since the end of the year is coming up, I may as well use my insurance as much as I can.

A friend tried me into talking Kudzu for helping cravings. Didn't really do much except make me gassy.

Just got off the phone with them (I was surprised to get an answer at 4:30am). Going to go see them after work on Sunday.

Holdbrooks posted:

so each banana bag would be a folvite, mvi, and thiamine in a liter of NS. no mag apparently.

That's not the medication chart, just the billing. But I'd assume they'd charge for mag. I was surprised to see that the cheapest thing was insulin, but they gave me far more units than shown on the billing.

Didn't want to post the medication chart publically, but I have it sitting here if you'd care to bust a gut laughing. It's scary how much they changed my meds around while I was in there, then for some reason couldn't figure out why my blood pressure kept spiking.

e: looking at the chart again. Ketones are bad, right? They were 15 at admission.
e2: huh, they didn't send a PDF version of the medication chart. Have it on paper though, and have a scanner. Gonna have to scan it for the MRO anyway.
e3: too tired to scan 20 pages. I'll do it tomorrow.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Oct 25, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I did this for a summer and it really isn't that bad. I only had to prep the chickens a few times and yes it sucks but it's easy. They were smart enough to not trust me with the bakery and kept me confined to the deli. I generally took closing shifts and the crew there had the routine down pretty good to get out at a decent time.

Get better and go the rehab route if it will help you get things straightened out. I think my brother went the antabuse route and it sucked terribly but worked for him.

Awake at 4:30am on a Saturday, heading into work shortly to start tear-down of the system. Oh well tomorrow is mini goon meet and I have beer, fireball and movies for tonight. Brother and his girlfriend surprised me and are visiting so I'm not sitting at the house bored.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raw chicken absolutely grosses me out.

No idea why, but I dry heaved every time I loaded the rotisserie at Whole Foods.

Besides, the overnight hours work better for my sleep schedule.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

I mostly only post in YOSPOS and AI now and even though I know what they're talking about over there sometimes it never ceases to amaze how much I have yet to learn :v:

God damnit, who are you and what have you done with the annoying, know-it-all prick that's the Tuksen Tagg I know?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CharlesM posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I uninstalled it before because it has full page ads or some poo poo and didn't work for other stuff, but it worked this time, so... problem solved?
:)
I will try the APK for MX Player (free I presume?) later.

The basic MX Player is free with ads, and the ad-free Pro version isn't very expensive. The hardware-specific codecs (for better performance) work on both versions.

It's the only video player I use on Android.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

T1g4h posted:

Government agencies are loving awful and bureaucratic bullshit is the absolute worst.
You should try French government agencies. Which are involved with aerospace. Jesus loving Christ.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

HotCanadianChick posted:

VW avatar? Check.
Still thinks AMD has made any remotely competitive chips in the past decade? Check.
Hating on Slot 1 Celerons for no good reason? Check.

It's like a posting trifecta of blind brand loyalty, masochism, and willful ignorance. :allears:

This is one thing you did get right though. :hfive:

I'm going to say this in the politest way possible:

gently caress. Off.

You are literally the most offensive and vile person I have met in AI, and there still is no good reason for it.

Where the hell do you get off? I know AMD isn't the strongest competitor, but my brand loyalty due to their being more Open Source friendly is none of your buisness, nor does the fact that I like VW products say anything about me. At all. I like their products, and as an adult I can do what I damned well please, and you can take your smug elitism and get the gently caress out.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 25, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

I'm going to say this in the politest way possible:

gently caress. Off.

You are literally the most offensive and vile person I have met in AI, and there still is no good reason for it.

Where the hell do you get off? I know AMD isn't the strongest competitor, but my brand loyalty due to their being more Open Source friendly is none of your buisness, nor does the fact that I like VW products say anything about me. At all. I like their products, and as an adult I can do what I damned well please, and you can take your smug elitism and get the gently caress out.

I think you're taking him a little too seriously, plus if you go elsewhere on the forums AMD enthusiasts are also typically categorised as buttcoiners and opensource is called open sores so yeah.

I have AMD CPU and GPU in my rig and it's hot garbage, glad i learned to spend the extra cash and get something that works, but that's just my opinion

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/10/ttac-ama-catera-x-type/#more-930450

AMA from someone who has a Catera AND an X Type. Yessssssssss.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

I think you're taking him a little too seriously, plus if you go elsewhere on the forums AMD enthusiasts are also typically categorised as buttcoiners and opensource is called open sores so yeah.

No. This is the second or third time he's popped up in a thread where we are discussing IT and he throws some smug rear end comment about how blind I am.

Not only that, he drags my liking VW into my 'blind ignorance'

We can discuss computer stuff without the smug rear end in a top hat elitist bullshit.

Oh, and gently caress Bitcoins. It has nothing to do with open source, and everything to do with free market libtards.

I like AMD. I also own a poo poo ton of Intel stuff, and my major workshorses are Intel. I still like AMD and VW, since that is apparently part of my 'blind ignorance'

So he can kindly gently caress off.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 25, 2014

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I know I'm late to the party but I just finished watching Firefly last night (haven't watched Serenity yet though). And now, over ten years later, I'm mad as hell that it got cancelled.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

I have AMD CPU and GPU in my rig and it's hot garbage, glad i learned to spend the extra cash and get something that works, but that's just my opinion

I tried to explain this to my girlfriend's sister but she wouldn't listen and actually ended up paying more for a lovely AMD 8350 prebuilt over a lovely Intel i7 prebuilt because "it's good enough." I'm sure when her $900 machine can't play any games besides the Sims or she realizes how much better everything looks on my girlfriend's 3 year old computer she'll be crying about it and I won't know what to tell her.

As much as I like AMD, they aren't as competitive as they used to be, not even in the budget market.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I just pray that my computer turns on when ever I push the button. I think it might be an amd? It could be intel? Asked me the same question 10 years ago and I would have spouted off a ton of poo poo. Back in the day with slots and slockets. Of course back then 3DFX was still a contender when they weren't producing the lovely Banshee. Now it seems like its just 2 choices for anything. AMD or Intel. ATi or Nvidia. Etc.

Now I just want the fucker to work.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Honestly, that's just because there's only two relevant chipmakers for CPU's, and all the competitors that used to make their own graphics cards are just cranking out licensed GeForce clones these days. As far as performance goes in a desktop environment, Intel pretty solidly won the war.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

CornHolio posted:

I know I'm late to the party but I just finished watching Firefly last night (haven't watched Serenity yet though). And now, over ten years later, I'm mad as hell that it got cancelled.

Boy are you going to both love and hate Serenity.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

leica posted:

Anyone know if there's any coolant flushes better than the standard Prestone poo poo you get at Advance Auto and whatnot? I'm guessing it's all pretty much the same poo poo. Have a bit of a rust issue that I need to sort out before I replace a water pump.

Phosphoric acid Oxalic acid and water if you really need to clean it. That's what used to be in radiator flushes but people kept pouring it down storm drains and poo poo so it's all a lot milder now.

If you use it, you need to flush the radiator several times and then fill it with a solution of water and like a whole box of baking soda to make drat sure you've removed or neutralized any remaining acid.

Edit: changed acid type, don't know what I was thinking before. Not that phosphoric won't work, but oxalic is what used to be in "2 part" radiator flushes that don't seem to be available anymore.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 25, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CommieGIR posted:

Not only that, he drags my liking VW into my 'blind ignorance'
Well, to be fair, VWs aren't fantastic, even without the chronic unreliability that seems to plague the US market stuff. I don't really understand what people see in them.

CommieGIR posted:

We can discuss computer stuff without the smug rear end in a top hat elitist bullshit.
Please don't. That's half the :munch: fun.

CommieGIR posted:

Oh, and gently caress Bitcoins. It has nothing to do with open source, and everything to do with free market libtards.
I like the idea of Bitcoins, but I find what they actually are to be quite stupid, especially the whole "mining" side of things.

Though if I were in charge of IT somewhere and could get away with generating "free" money for no effort/cost, gently caress it, if someone wants to give me actual, physical things exchange, I won't be in a rush to tell them they're stupid.

CornHolio posted:

(haven't watched Serenity yet though)
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Damnit now I'm watching Serenity again.

• Locked thread