Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What's up with Decadence now...the AI Muslims never accrue it and their realms just get bigger and bigger forever. I been keeping my eye on the Fatmids and Seljuks all game and they have never had any more than 2 or 3%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What's up with Decadence now...the AI Muslims never accrue it and their realms just get bigger and bigger forever. I been keeping my eye on the Fatmids and Seljuks all game and they have never had any more than 2 or 3%.

The "Straighten Up" command is bugged and has no cooldown, though I'm pretty sure it's been fixed already.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Beamed posted:

I know I'm a big dummy, but is there a way to enable full-screen windowed mode for CK2? I'm trying to play it on my Mac, but apparently my mac hates alt-tabbing out of fullscreen games so I have to close it to do/look at anything else.

In the video options, "Window mode borderless" is in fact full-screen borderless.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

BBJoey posted:

So are there any major outstanding issues now that the latest beta patch is out? I've been waiting to jump back into CK2 and it seems like they've covered over most of the rough edges. It looks like they haven't done anything to slow the Abbasid clown car at the 8th century startdate but I don't plan on starting a game from the Charlemagne bookmark yet so I'm not that fussed.

The Abbasids are a gigantic terrifying monster in the Old Gods start date too. They've only lost territory in my game because a Crusade got called.
The worst part is I logged in as them and caused an immense civil war and it STILL didn't do anything.

Taear fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 25, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mulsims just keep on growing with their ridiculous CBs in every start date unless the player regularly kicks their asses.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

The AI is not smart, it just scans around until it finds something it can eat up easily.

That's different from what players do somehow, I guess?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

And not to bang on and on about the differences between CK2+ and CK2 normal but it's crazy to me to see that I have 18% chance to fabricate a claim or 50% chance to impress a lord with my chancellor. In one game of CK2+ I was Ireland in the 1066 date and I didn't have time to conquer all of Britannia before the loving game ended because fabricating took so long.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Did they change looting? My raiders just stand on a province not doing anything, how do I get them to raid?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The "Straighten Up" command is bugged and has no cooldown, though I'm pretty sure it's been fixed already.

It's more than that - I've been playing a Muslim game from the CM start and I'm at about year 900 now and I'm really seeing why they never seem to have any decadence. The odds of dynasty members becoming decadent are much lower than they used to be, and imprisoning a decadent family member that refuses to straighten up gives you no tyranny at all now, so there's no reason not to do it. It also doesn't count decadent dynasty members outside your realm anymore, so if you fail and they flee, it's just as good. Basically, dealing with decadence is trivial now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Taear posted:

And not to bang on and on about the differences between CK2+ and CK2 normal but it's crazy to me to see that I have 18% chance to fabricate a claim or 50% chance to impress a lord with my chancellor. In one game of CK2+ I was Ireland in the 1066 date and I didn't have time to conquer all of Britannia before the loving game ended because fabricating took so long.

That sounds unfun.

Based on available evidence so far my guess is that the muslim clowncar being more broken than ever is working as intended, as part of the "gently caress you, player" theme of the CM patch.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Adventurers are massively overpowered. Just had one called on me with 3 times the troops I could muster, and he was sitting in the court of a holy order so no one would join a plot to assassinate him. Thanks for the game over I guess

I miss diplo stab so much :(

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's more than that - I've been playing a Muslim game from the CM start and I'm at about year 900 now and I'm really seeing why they never seem to have any decadence. The odds of dynasty members becoming decadent are much lower than they used to be, and imprisoning a decadent family member that refuses to straighten up gives you no tyranny at all now, so there's no reason not to do it. It also doesn't count decadent dynasty members outside your realm anymore, so if you fail and they flee, it's just as good. Basically, dealing with decadence is trivial now.

Sounds great to me, Im all for that. gently caress how decadence used to work. It was good for nerfing the AI, but a terrible annoying mechanic for those playing it.

Please paradox leave the decadence mechanics the way they are now and find another way to weaken muslim blobs (make then less stable somehow, for instance).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mr Snips posted:

Adventurers are massively overpowered. Just had one called on me with 3 times the troops I could muster, and he was sitting in the court of a holy order so no one would join a plot to assassinate him. Thanks for the game over I guess

I miss diplo stab so much :(

All you have to do is change one 0 to a 1 in defines.lua and you get it back :heysexy:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Does Visigothic ever change to Castillian/Catalan, etc?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Can you tab out of the game on OS X now? Longshot I know (:jerkbag:) but it's my #1 most desired feature and it would be cool if the big patch/DLC addressed this.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

So not sure if this is a common bug that's already been reported, but after I form a merchant republic from a tribe whenever I click on the laws window the game crashes. This a problem anyone else is facing?
Yep and it comes even if you aren't a OCM like the Canaries. With the Beta patch, all I had to do was wait for a bit on max speed and eventually the other families spawned.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Taear posted:

Yes, to Castilian if in Castille/Asturias/Leon and held by a non-Muslim Visigoth; to Catalan if in Aragon and held by a non-Muslim Visigoth; to Andalusian if held by a Muslim and either in Andalusia or held by an Arabic-culture group ruler; Portuguese if in Portugal/Galicia and held by a non-Muslim Suebi.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Allyn posted:

Yes, to Castilian if in Castille/Asturias/Leon and held by a non-Muslim Visigoth; to Catalan if in Aragon and held by a non-Muslim Visigoth; to Andalusian if held by a Muslim and either in Andalusia or held by an Arabic-culture group ruler; Portuguese if in Portugal/Galicia and held by a non-Muslim Suebi.

So why am I still Visigothic when it's 1123? It seems like maybe creating the Empire broke it but I did that in around 900.

Xaioxaiofan
May 14, 2014

Taear posted:

Do you have the dlc? for some reason Visigothic is in the 867 start but the copy/paste melting pot events are dlc only.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Xaioxaiofan posted:

Do you have the dlc? for some reason Visigothic is in the 867 start but the copy/paste melting pot events are dlc only.

Well you don't get the only start date in which Visigothic exists without the dlc, so he must do. Hmm. Here's the event code for one of them:

code:
trigger = {
		has_dlc = "Charlemagne"
		culture = visigothic
		NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
		OR = {
			county = { kingdom = { title = k_castille } }
			county = { kingdom = { title = k_asturias } }
			county = { kingdom = { title = k_leon } }
			owner = { culture = castillan }
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 3600
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			owner = {
				culture = castillan
			}
		}
3600 (300 years) is a drat long time, but it is province by province so if you have all of Hispania I would imagine it's more likely.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I don't have Charlemagne. Asturias is Visigothic in the Old Gods start.
That's dumb as hell.

Xaioxaiofan
May 14, 2014

Allyn posted:

Well you don't get the only start date in which Visigothic exists without the dlc, so he must do.

The 867 start has Visigothic provinces and rulers.

Xaioxaiofan fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 25, 2014

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I decided to try and forge a Visigothic realm which had no chance of flipping to Castillan or Catalan or any other Iberian culture.

I choose my new homeland poorly.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Xaioxaiofan posted:

Xaioxaiofan posted:

lmao that's hilarious

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ofaloaf posted:

I decided to try and forge a Visigothic realm which had no chance of flipping to Castillan or Catalan or any other Iberian culture.

I choose my new homeland poorly.

That is a lot of Serbs reclaiming Byzantine clay.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
So there's a cheevo for being a Lombard in the 1300s, but I've not yet encountered the melting pot event that turns Lombards into Italians, when/how does this appear?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to appoint viceroys? To check it out, I booted up a game at the 100-years war bookmark as the HRE, and created a couple kingdom titles; but I never see a "create viceroyalty" button in diplomacy when I'm looking at the local dukes. I have the tech.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

That is a lot of Serbs reclaiming Byzantine clay.

To be fair it seems to have started falling apart almost instantly.

I started off as the Visigothic count of Mallorca, scored Thessalonike during a rebellion, pushed for further rebellions, and when there was simultaneously a revolt to lower crown authority, a religious revolt (Orthodoxy and Iconoclasm keep seesawing for dominance) and an Abbasid reconquest of Mesopotamia I declared independence- at which point the Bulgarians decided to invade Greece.

That was too much for the Byzantines, and they ended up losing all of those wars. Greece was lost to the Bulgarians, and the Anatolian realms all gained independence when crown authority dropped again. Then the Bulgarians had a series of revolts, I picked off a few territories from them and the Serbians declared a subjugation war and won that. Now there's a Greco-Bulgarian revolt against the Serbs and I get to eat up more lands again.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Xaioxaiofan posted:

Ahahaha, never mind then. Yikes.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
So is there a reason why the Imperial Administration Law switched to Feudal Law, when my Byzantine Emperor died?

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Oh great I was set for a nice smooth transition to my youngest daughter and then my wife decided to be come a fertility goddess at age 40. (Worst of all, none of my kids are Geniuses)

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Eric the Mauve posted:

That's different from what players do somehow, I guess?

You don't have perfect information at all times of the entire map.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
My grandson just came of age and...

WHY, AI, WHY DO YOU HURT ME SO? :argh:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

My grandson just came of age and...

WHY, AI, WHY DO YOU HURT ME SO? :argh:

This is why you never land your immediate family.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
The guy got put on the Bavarian throne by some random revolt, I had nothing to do with it.

e: The guy just inherited all of West Francia :getin:

NihilVerumNisiMors fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 25, 2014

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Crazy Ted posted:

I played a game where I was in control of nine counties and for some reason Gavelkind decided to give seven of nine to the second and third son even though son #3 already had his own lands. It's kind of hosed up.

I am seriously done with Gavelkind until it gets fixed to sanely distribute your territory. A will system where you dictate who inherits what is the most obvious. Make kids who think that they got gipped be more likely to revolt or something.

It makes no loving sense currently and only exists to screw over players, a sure sign of a poo poo mechanic. I am tired of crossing my fingers and hoping I get my capital. I don't care about achievements so I am going to just console my way out of it every time.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

The guy got put on the Bavarian throne by some random revolt, I had nothing to do with it.

e: The guy just inherited all of West Francia :getin:

That's why it's a good idea to get an early betrothal if you've got a good young heir lined up. AI will always honour betrothals so long as they're still possible, and tend to make really stupid decisions on who to marry when left to their own devices.

*edit* example: I betrothed this guy to his genius wife when he was TWO:

Of course, this being CKII, I imagine something horrible will happen to him before I can inherit (also, I had to land him since he wasn't first born so I needed to bump him up in the line of succession. Turkish succession is the best)

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 25, 2014

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SkySteak posted:

So is there a reason why the Imperial Administration Law switched to Feudal Law, when my Byzantine Emperor died?

It's a bug that was fixed in the beta I believe.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Dapper Dan posted:

I am seriously done with Gavelkind until it gets fixed to sanely distribute your territory. A will system where you dictate who inherits what is the most obvious. Make kids who think that they got gipped be more likely to revolt or something.

It makes no loving sense currently and only exists to screw over players, a sure sign of a poo poo mechanic. I am tired of crossing my fingers and hoping I get my capital. I don't care about achievements so I am going to just console my way out of it every time.

You're in luck, because the newest beta patch does just that.

Patchnotes posted:

- Tweaked Gavelkind succession to focus more on the current capital duchy region for the primary heir rather than the "preferred" capital
- Tweaked Gavelkind succession to take no heed of what heirs will inherit from outside your realm

I haven't tested it myself though, on account of me always trying to get out of gavelkind ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bishop Rodan posted:

I haven't tested it myself though, on account of me always trying to get out of gavelkind ASAP.

I am kind of wary, because of 'focus more'. And the way that pretty much every player runs from it screaming indicates it needs a serious rework. But I will try and keep an open mind. I still feel it should utilize a will system for both elective and regular. That way players would not feel the need to make getting out of it the first thing that they need to do.

• Locked thread