Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is a drat travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does the Sage always show up at 3 star?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Alarune is my new nemesis. God drat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Eagle posted:

Alarune is my new nemesis. God drat.

She just doesn't stop, gently caress her.

Pomp posted:

Does the Sage always show up at 3 star?

No, I've had the lion summon show up sometimes. It seems to be kind of random.

EDIT: you really should've set that to one

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 25, 2014

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That card is how you unlock the lumen stage I'm pretty sure. Too bad we lost...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Next time we set that fucker to 1, I don't care how pathetic that may be.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to swap weapons if you want to play again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let me do that too.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I spent 200,000 halos on a goofy princess peach costume and I don't regret it at all. The best part is that she still wears everything during cutscenes.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I spent 200,000 halos on a goofy princess peach costume and I don't regret it at all. The best part is that she still wears everything during cutscenes.

So costumes show up in cutscenes? Because that's the only reason I was going to wait to buy some costumes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Killed at the exact same time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Holy poo poo, killed by ourselves.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I just beat the game. I turned on the Fox outfit without realizing what stage it was because "Oh yeah I bought that costume may as well use it once." Final boss mechanically was way, way better then Bayo 1's but... after 101 it felt surprisingly tame despite the bright blue background and laser beams and stuff. The ending blow wasn't nearly as satisfying as either game either albeit it was funny seeing the final demon (is it still Butterfly?) dropkick Asier.

Pretty solid game, something felt rather rushed with that last mission but other then that I liked it for the most part.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Send me another invite, I just wanted to make sure the Lumen Sage unlocked.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to pick him.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I just beat the game. I turned on the Fox outfit without realizing what stage it was because "Oh yeah I bought that costume may as well use it once." Final boss mechanically was way, way better then Bayo 1's but... after 101 it felt surprisingly tame despite the bright blue background and laser beams and stuff. The ending blow wasn't nearly as satisfying as either game either albeit it was funny seeing the final demon (is it still Butterfly?) dropkick Asier.

Pretty solid game, something felt rather rushed with that last mission but other then that I liked it for the most part.

That final summon was the final boss+your final summon from the first game.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ugh, the masked lumen is whupping my rear end. What's the trick to it?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Up to chapter seven and so far I'm loving it. It's just more Bayonetta but a little more over the top than before, so pretty much exactly what I wanted.

My only complaint, and it's minor, is that you can't control the X/Y axis sensitivity independently. Y feels too loose to me and it's kind of a pain when flying/swimming. And I'm swimming more often than I'd like.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That boss is ridiculous.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Deviant posted:

The only two ways to do consistent damage to him is to either be in witch time or use your umbran overdrive thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Deviant posted:

You've just gotta learn his tells, I'd honestly make him come to you and try to dodge his moves and counter. He's tough, but once you get his flow down you can make your bitch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Or buy the Moons/Link Costume and proceed to parry his rear end to death.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to pay a visit to Rodin with these 800000 halos but I'd be up for more.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, lemme go see what I can scrounge up with my 600k.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Seems like the sage has no umbran spear type move. I can't even turn into a bird unless I'm crazy.

Beef Waifu, I'm ready when you are.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got a 9.99x 9999 combo in that mech level. So many halos.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Eagle posted:

I got a 9.99x 9999 combo in that mech level. So many halos.

That's hosed up.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol how did I win that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol how did I win that.

Gee, maybe it was the 200,000+ halos you got from that one stage.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Gee, maybe it was the 200,000+ halos you got from that one stage.

Well I'm going to take a short break but I would definitely be up for more later.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Good Citizen posted:

Up to chapter seven and so far I'm loving it. It's just more Bayonetta but a little more over the top than before, so pretty much exactly what I wanted.

My only complaint, and it's minor, is that you can't control the X/Y axis sensitivity independently. Y feels too loose to me and it's kind of a pain when flying/swimming. And I'm swimming more often than I'd like.

Yeah, I hate the snake controls.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Eagle posted:

Well I'm going to take a short break but I would definitely be up for more later.

Yeah, totally.

EDIT: This game is hosed up

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 25, 2014

Jives
May 1, 2011
I tried to the buy this from a Game in the UK yesterday and they sold the last copy to the guy in front of me at the counter. So I went home and ordered off the internet with next day shipping for less money. It was a very upsetting experience.

This game is totally amazing. It would only be improved by an animated cutscene of Rodin eating a casserole with Enzo's family.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jives posted:

It would only be improved by an animated cutscene of Rodin eating a casserole with Enzo's family.

My thoughts exactly. It's a major missed opportunity.

Jives
May 1, 2011

JordanKai posted:

My thoughts exactly. It's a major missed opportunity.

This is why Platinum games never sell big.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

End of the game was great. Any guides for all battle locations and character unlocks yet?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Is there a thread for grouping up for Tag Climax? It's really fun but people online keep dropping in the middle of the rounds. Message me on here to be Bayonetta Buddies so we can make shitloads of halos together!

Edit: my NNID is jski185, add me for tag climax tonight/tomorrow/future!

Tatsuta Age fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 26, 2014

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

Is there a thread for grouping up for Tag Climax? It's really fun but people online keep dropping in the middle of the rounds. Message me on here to be Bayonetta Buddies so we can make shitloads of halos together!

I'll play with you after I eat dinner. NNID: EvilEagle.

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Attention everyone, please add me if you wanna be Bayo-Buddies. NNID: UnderseaMagic, I should be on later tonight.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Undersea Magic posted:

Attention everyone, please add me if you wanna be Bayo-Buddies. NNID: UnderseaMagic, I should be on later tonight.

Added. Also, I am ready to co-op with anyone and everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let us go then, Evil Eagle.

• Locked thread