Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

Don't you see my majestic mane, I am a lion. A beautiful misunderstood lion, who is not a horse. I'm just here to show the world the way. :roboluv:

2house2fly posted:

After a few false starts I finally got around to properly playing this game a few weeks ago, and I'm having an absolute blast. I just recently fought Grigori, in a boss battle that was so great I'm actually annoyed that the game's weird save file thing means I can't go back and play it whenever I want, and now I'm slowly but surely working my way through Bitterblack Isle. My party just got curbstomped by Death in the Bloodless Stockade and I had to Liftstone out of there, but I found a supremely powerful magic bow which means I'll have less trouble next time. I also tool around Gransys every now and then to get some of my stuff dragonforged by any passing wyrms I happen to find. I've basically run out of non-Bitterblack stuff to do at this point though, and I feel a bit sad that soon it's going to be time to turn in the final quest and (hopefully) bring back blue skies and normal goblins to Gransys. It's that rare game that's so good you don't want it to end.

Luckily, the game has a new game plus feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Turn hard mode on. It's good fun and the fat stacks of cash that everything drops makes it double fun.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

2house2fly posted:

I just recently fought Grigori ... It's that rare game that's so good you don't want it to end.

Is that the last thing you did before going into BBI? If so, there's a surprise waiting for you.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Oh no, I alternated between the Everfall and Bitterblack for a while. I finished the game today, the end boss clearly was not designed with a level 101 character with BBI weapons in mind :v:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
The Seneschal is a pansy that goes down in 2 hits basically regardless. If you are even at all capable of taking on the Dragon then you are also vastly over prepared for the Seneschal.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

The Seneschal is a pansy that goes down in 2 hits basically regardless. If you are even at all capable of taking on the Dragon then you are also vastly over prepared for the Seneschal.

There are a couple alternate endings that you can get during that fight that the ease of downing him kind of hides.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's just weird to imagine that the Lord of all creation wouldn't last five minutes against some of the Bitterblack Isle enemies. What was this chump's Dragon like? It was a cool ending but this isn't a game I'd expected to pull a punch right at the end like that. The end boss of Dark Arisem more than makes up for that though.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

The whole Grigori sequence is far and away the best boss fight I've ever seen. I just wish there was a convenient way to replay it whenever I wanted. I also wish that Capcom would make a Dragon's Dogma sequel. C'mon you bastards :argh:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

It's a shame the Senechal fight is so anticlimactic, because the whole concept, setting and music of the fight are just great.
Savan's dragon was totally wack as gently caress though - that dude is like level 30 when you control him.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

2house2fly posted:

It's just weird to imagine that the Lord of all creation wouldn't last five minutes against some of the Bitterblack Isle enemies. What was this chump's Dragon like? It was a cool ending but this isn't a game I'd expected to pull a punch right at the end like that. The end boss of Dark Arisem more than makes up for that though.

Wanting to die probably had something to do with the Seneschal not putting up a fight. Gameplay-wise, it's pretty lol.

Fereydun posted:

It's a shame the Senechal fight is so anticlimactic, because the whole concept, setting and music of the fight are just great.
Savan's dragon was totally wack as gently caress though - that dude is like level 30 when you control him.

Dude died. poo poo, he barely survived against one regular Chimera. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR RUSHIN' THROUGH THE PLOT, YA DUMB TUTORIAL rear end in a top hat!

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Walrus Pete posted:

The whole Grigori sequence is far and away the best boss fight I've ever seen. I just wish there was a convenient way to replay it whenever I wanted. I also wish that Capcom would make a Dragon's Dogma sequel. C'mon you bastards :argh:

I believe the team is currently working on Deep Down.

I just hope the sequel releases on PC. I finally picked this up last week and my roomie and I keep shaking our heads at how much DD would have dominated on the platform, and revealed Skyrim as the POS it is. It's easily the most hardcore RPG I've played in years.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

A PC or next-gen sequel would be amazing. I can't help but compare DD to Alpha Protocol, in that it's top of its class at the things it does well but falls short in some other areas, and could really use a sequel to polish further the things it's good at and shore up the things it doesn't.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

2house2fly posted:

A PC or next-gen sequel would be amazing. I can't help but compare DD to Alpha Protocol, in that it's top of its class at the things it does well but falls short in some other areas, and could really use a sequel to polish further the things it's good at and shore up the things it doesn't.

In some ways I hate DD because I haven't had nearly as much fun playing anything since I played it the first time. I need another.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Long shot, but has anyone else been trying to play this on PS3 for the last couple hours? It keeps loading in offline mode even though I'm signed in to PSN. Servers down? :(

Edit: doh, figured it out. Deleted my dark arisen save yesterday and forgot that it starts in offline mode by default for some reason

Danith fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 28, 2014

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Danith posted:

Long shot, but has anyone else been trying to play this on PS3 for the last couple hours? It keeps loading in offline mode even though I'm signed in to PSN. Servers down? :(

Edit: doh, figured it out. Deleted my dark arisen save yesterday and forgot that it starts in offline mode by default for some reason

I hope the servers stay up for the forseeable future. It's going to be hell trying to pick only 2 final pawn pals out of the small gang of good pawns I've come to know over the last couple years.

And then, if they get rifted... :aaaaa:

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

argondamn posted:

gently caress Griffins

Just gotta know how to handle them. http://webmshare.com/play/X5mRx

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Hey, maybe it's a thing: http://gematsu.com/2014/12/dragons-dogma-website-devil-may-cry-dragons-dogma-2

But probably it's nothing, hope is a lie, yada-yada.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

:pray:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Anyone still playing this on the 360? I never actually made it through the first playthrough, I just got sidetracked and pulled an Oblivion screwing around with all of the non-essential things you could do.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Agnostalgia posted:

Hey, maybe it's a thing: http://gematsu.com/2014/12/dragons-dogma-website-devil-may-cry-dragons-dogma-2

The intro better be either Into Free again or something similar to it.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

"Hey you guys want a new DMC or Dragon's Dogma right? Too bad, here's something else entirely!" would be a real Capcom move.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

straight jerkers posted:

"Hey you guys want a new DMC or Dragon's Dogma right? Too bad, here's something else entirely!" would be a real Capcom move.

I'm expecting a new version of SF4, personally.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They're going to announce a new version of Megaman and then cancel it in 6 months.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

Anyone still playing this on the 360? I never actually made it through the first playthrough, I just got sidetracked and pulled an Oblivion screwing around with all of the non-essential things you could do.

I still play it from time to time. Even have a few abortive attempts at alts hovering around the lvl.10-20 range. Now that you mention it, I'll probably hop on and begin again soon, after getting sick of trying to play Dragon Age 3 on a last-gen console.

More than half of my ~400 hours has been goofing off or wandering. It's a worthy pursuit.

Also, if they finally announce DD2 for the PS4, I'll do it. I'll buy the drat console.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Man, it's been good to get back to this game. I lost my lv. 107 Assassin when my old PS3 bit the dust--before Dark Arisen came out--but I finally re-created my character and I'm getting to play the expansion at last. First I've got to get my Heaven's Key daggers back, though. Sure I'll get better ones in BBI, but... my shiny daggers! :saddowns:

I added my info to the spreadsheet in the first post, if anyone wants to drag my lv. 75 mage pawn Faraj around. (PSN is cpassmore.) Pawn needs an attitude adjustment, but I kinda need more rift crystals first.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Agnostalgia posted:

Chaos Legion 2 for mobile, calling it now.

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

Agnostalgia posted:

I'm having Viewtiful Joe flashbacks.

Dragon's Dogma 2: Now feat. Dante from Devil May Cry.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Dante's Dogma 2: Cry Harder

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Fighter is basically a lighter version of Dante with Rebellion. Throw stingers everywhere.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Capcom filed this today in Europe.
https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/?ticket=ST-828905-eH6zyczAFo11jzf2ODUp-node1#details/trademarks/013532627

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

idk what to think about that

it seems like such an overlap with deep down in theory (f2p dungeon crawler game with a focus on action mechanics) that even they couldn't be that stupid

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Please no, this is the exact opposite of what I wanted :(

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Not sure if I'll be more disappointed when this turns out to be rebranded Deep Down or when it turns out to be the Monster Hunter Online to Dragon's Dogma.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Calm down, you don't even know what it is yet. If they actually scrap the loving pawns and let you play with real people it'll be my loving game of the year.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Praseodymi posted:

Calm down, you don't even know what it is yet. If they actually scrap the loving pawns and let you play with real people it'll be my loving game of the year.

Woah cowboy! Half the fun in DD comes from the stupid poo poo pawns say and do (for the nth time).

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
capcom, please don't release a dragma sequel on the pc where i can't play it. don't taunt me like this. please.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

mirarant posted:

Woah cowboy! Half the fun in DD comes from the stupid poo poo pawns say and do (for the nth time).

Solution: Voice command system that gives you all the essential information pawns used to have. Actual voice chat not allowed. Communication only through your character screaming "Wolves hunt in packs!"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

capcom, please don't release a dragma sequel on the pc where i can't play it. don't taunt me like this. please.

they'll do ps4 and probably xbox one for sure too.

also singleplayer rpg please, the problem with multiplayer rpgs is that your friends are never at the same level as you and it sucks!!

desshar
Jun 4, 2011
How is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? I have the base game and was thinking about getting the upgraded version. Is it worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

desshar posted:

How is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? I have the base game and was thinking about getting the upgraded version. Is it worth it?
BBI is a new dungeon and very challenging in places. I like it. Also makes fast travel a gently caress of a lot easier from what I understand (never played vanilla Dragma).

• Locked thread