Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

watho posted:

Commendant Steele is never confirmed to be a siren and she's dead anyway so it doesn't matter.

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/288034199296954369 Word of God says she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
God, some of those tweets were stupid... of course Steele is dead (eaten by Destroyer, it wasn't ambiguous), and of course Angel is a Siren. Hell, when you first see her she has the energy wings and everything!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Oh, cool. I always considered her one but didn't know it was canon.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I always thought it was kinda funny that Wilhelm was seen as the Great Destroyer of Cities in BL2 when Saturn was a million times tougher than he was.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Rokstar posted:

I always thought it was kinda funny that Wilhelm was seen as the Great Destroyer of Cities in BL2 when Saturn was a million times tougher than he was.

It's such a missed opportunity for Wilhelm to not have been that giant gently caress-off robot, instead.
"YES THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE WITH MY LIFE" *jumps off that overpass to gently caress you up for 10 minutes*

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 24, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

AirRaid posted:

Borderlands: The Pressequel - People still getting irrationally mad at fictional characters

I think you're confusing an involved discussion with being mad, in which case you probably should read a little more in depth into what people are saying instead of just going "pffft nerrrrrds :smug:".

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I thought they said six sirens with 3 known/3 unknown cause you can have a 3-man team of sirens. Players 1-3 are (potentially) the unknown 3 sirens.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Sancho posted:

I thought they said six sirens with 3 known/3 unknown cause you can have a 3-man team of sirens. Players 1-3 are (potentially) the unknown 3 sirens.

No, that doesn't make much sense, as you could have had 4 people playing Lilith in BL1 and thus, there would have been at least 7 (4 Liliths, 1 Maya, 1 Steele, 1 Angel) Sirens in existence. I don't think the limit takes into account what classes the players are playing, which it shouldn't, as story wise that makes no sense. Story wise, there is 1 of each class, the game just doesn't force that because it would be frustrating and unfun.

CJacobs posted:

I think you're confusing an involved discussion with being mad, in which case you probably should read a little more in depth into what people are saying instead of just going "pffft nerrrrrds :smug:".

:torgue: I AM REALLY F****** MAD ABOUT THE PLOT FOR THIS GAME! IT IS NOT EXACTLY HOW I WOULD HAVE DONE IT AND SO I WILL B**** ON THE INTERNET UNTIL GEARBOX FIXES IT FOR ME!!! :torgue:

Skandranon fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 24, 2014

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Skandranon posted:

:torgue: I AM REALLY F****** MAD ABOUT THE PLOT FOR THIS GAME! IT IS NOT EXACTLY HOW I WOULD HAVE DONE IT AND SO I WILL B**** ON THE INTERNET UNTIL GEARBOX FIXES IT FOR ME!!! :torgue:

Mr Torgue is right.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Skandranon posted:

This plot is worse than the stealth sections of Diamond Hunter 9

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding posted:

It's such a missed opportunity for Wilhelm to not have been that giant gently caress-off robot, instead.
"YES THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE WITH MY LIFE" *jumps off that overpass to gently caress you up for 10 minutes*

Wilhelm shouldn't have been a very late game boss, maybe the boss just before Jack himself, would have given him a chance to really shine and be tougher instead of the built up push-over we got.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Are there are TVHM ready saves floating around yet? Alternatively is there a safe way via the editor to make a TVHM character?

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Is it just me, or is True-Vault Hunter Mode really loving hard to solo? Deadlift is kicking my rear end, his beam drains my ~1200 shield in a millisecond, and he usually kills me before adds even spawn, so I can't second-wind up on them.

One I got his shields down he was a piece of cake. Just had to get positioned above him to get a good shot.

ProfessionalNinja fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 25, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Is it just me, or is True-Vault Hunter Mode really loving hard to solo? Deadlift is kicking my rear end, his beam drains my ~1200 shield in a millisecond, and he usually kills me before adds even spawn, so I can't second-wind up on them.

One I got his shields down he was a piece of cake. Just had to get positioned above him to get a good shot.

Some of the bosses are a real bitch in TVHM. I think Deadlift is notable due to the fact that he has very few adds and due to the design of the room, it can be impossible to shoot at them, meaning if you go into FFYL you're hosed, which usually isn't too much of an issue.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

just wait until you get to redbelly, he is like deadlift on steroids.

In general, i hate how almost every boss uses lasers since they are pretty much pinpoint accurate in their hands.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Deadlift's not that hard, just keep bouncing around on jump pads so you can ground pound out of his field of fire as soon as you get low on health.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do we have an eta on the first dlc and what its going to be yet?
I have beat the game 5 times so im pretty burned out until something new.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Fauxtool posted:

Should probably take a break its been like 10 days dude.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Fauxtool posted:

But how many of those times were as Claptrap?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mycot posted:

But how many of those times were as Claptrap?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
The Cryo Damage stat on this is out of this world.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You know what's really stupid? The game still only checkpoints at the beginning of an entire area. I crashed at the end of the engine room in Pity's Fall and now I have to slog through the entire map again. Why aren't you doing reasonable checkpoints in the year 2014?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Sindai posted:

You know what's really stupid? The game still only checkpoints at the beginning of an entire area. I crashed at the end of the engine room in Pity's Fall and now I have to slog through the entire map again. Why aren't you doing reasonable checkpoints in the year 2014?

Actually if you die and respawn in the same session you'll respawn further ahead - there are plenty of minor checkpoint/save stations (every time you see the lil vault symbol save icon you've gone near one). When you start the game however, (like, after a game crash which they can't really predict, even if they shouldnt happen at all), it'll spawn you at the fast travel point. There are plenty of checkpoints in Pity's Fall to account for dying during normal play. But you're effectively quitting and restarting the game, so it will spawn you at the "start" of the area. Whether that's the last entrance you used or the actual Fast Travel depends on if the FT is activated.

Fun Fact: it's entirely possible to roll into concordia at the start, do all the quest crap and go out Moxxi's back door without ever activating the FT station, so you have to slog back in the long way.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

AirRaid posted:

Fun Fact: it's entirely possible to roll into concordia at the start, do all the quest crap and go out Moxxi's back door without ever activating the FT station, so you have to slog back in the long way.

I learned this the hard way. Please make sure you walk near every fast travel station you come across because they no longer activate upon coming into the area for god knows what reason. :negative:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I learned this the hard way. Please make sure you walk near every fast travel station you come across because they no longer activate upon coming into the area for god knows what reason. :negative:

Well mostly before the FT station was placed at the entrance to the area. You can actually do the same thing in Three Horns Divide in BL2. You enter at claptraps ship, then go to Sanctuary, then go do the stuff for roland, get the power core from the bandits, back to sanctuary. You kinda go near the FT station in the middle but it's easy to miss tagging it and then having to schlep back out of the sanctuary front door.

In TPS the FT stations are in weird places round the maps quite a lot. Outlands Canyon FT is right up near Pickle, and actually this is good because whenever you come back to the area you're closer to where you want to be (usually pickle's place).

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Oct 25, 2014

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

AirRaid posted:

I totally did that and it was such a pain.

Also, gibbed mentions changes to the way fast travel stations are handled in the blog post accompanying the save editor release, I wonder what changed?

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Anyone willing to boost characters on the 360? I don't want to deal with leveling another and want to see how a lawbringer plays at 50. Xbox: QXEV

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Splits posted:

Anyone willing to boost characters on the 360? I don't want to deal with leveling another and want to see how a lawbringer plays at 50. Xbox: QXEV

cant you just do a save edit with gibbed?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

orcane posted:

Also, gibbed mentions changes to the way fast travel stations are handled in the blog post accompanying the save editor release, I wonder what changed?
They're stored per-playthrough now, meaning where you spawn no longer resets when you switch playthroughs.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Been trying out farming - just doing Red Belly for some skins. I think I'm starting to see what people enjoyed so much from BL2 out of the boss farming.

The endgame looks like it might have some issues going forward, but I'm not too worried considering that I've enjoyed the actual campaign playthrough - so the game's already been worth it.

Edit: Apparently there are ways to speed run Red Belly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdXYxCkPA48

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 25, 2014

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
Ran through as Wilhelm with a center tree build and it was ok but wasn't as great as the previous incarnations of Borderlands IMO. Who should I run through next?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Nissir posted:

Ran through as Wilhelm with a center tree build and it was ok but wasn't as great as the previous incarnations of Borderlands IMO. Who should I run through next?

I think Nisha will be a big enough change, she's fun as hell and great solo.

Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?

Crossposting from the Extra Life stream, come watch four goony motherfuckers tackle Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! I'm even one of them!

Taking a short intermission at the time of this post, will be back live shortly.

http://twitch.tv/codespace

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

I wanna play Borderlands 2 with some goons. Is this the correct group?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I wanna play Borderlands 2 with some goons. Is this the correct group?

To be honest there are a bunch of BL goon groups and none of them are hugely active. You're better off going and posting in the PC thread.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
That echo log replay feature of Borderlands would be really cool to have back... Vorago Solitude is the worst, but a lot of zones have mission transmissions triggers right next to echo logs locations, it's moronic :argh:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm a complete noob with Cheat Engine. I have the program and the table file; can someone help me figure out how to tweak the drop tables? I found an "Item Rarity Drop Modifier" thing in the table and I messed around with the values in that but it didn't seem to do anything.

I looked at the thread for this at the Cheat Engine forum, but I got the impression that if you don't already kind of know what you're doing you won't be able to glean much from that.

Edit: And of course, I think I figured it out just after I posted this. Heh.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 25, 2014

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The Borderlands 2 PC thread explains CE drop rate editing:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504490#post407069006

Most of that also applies to the pre-sequel table.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I was doing a lap through Concordia before calling it a night and this happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhlmwFnrS5c

Not sure why you guys mess around with the drop rates in this game. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

You either got absurdly lucky or the vending machines glitched. Personally I mess with drop rates because I'm sick of mowing down enemies and never seeing anything other than the occasional green and maybe blue if the game feels like being generous at the moment. Which it never does.

• Locked thread