Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Dante Logos posted:

It reminds me of the bosses in FF XI. The lead developer was an egotist who wanted to create an unbeatable boss. And he succeeded for a time. But a group spend tens of hours in the fight and managed to beat it. He got mad and made it harder still. He has been gone for a while after he was screwing around FFXIV much of the same way.

What I am saying is that, given the raids, he must of have found another job.

Reminds me of the old days of vanilla WoW and guilds trying to beat Cthun. He was supposedly impossible to beat but one or two guilds actually managed to kill him before he was patched to make the encounter less insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Demikas has finally revealed the true depths of his evil. He's a dps who keeps pulling aggro and running out of range of the healers. I can only pray he doesn't stand in the fire too.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 18, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Clarste posted:

Demikas has finally revealed the true depths of his evil. He's a dps who keeps pulling aggro and running out of range of the healers. I can only pray he doesn't stand in the fire too.

You know he would if that was a thing in Elder Tale and he'd probably laugh while he burns about the fire not doing enough damage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Clarste posted:

No, it is even worse. He is a tank class who insists on being dps while doing all of that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Serious Frolicking posted:

No, it is even worse. He is a tank class who insists on being dps while doing all of that.

The only scum worse are a dps class who insist they can tank.

gently caress you 2004 era wow Druids loving Hakkar was hard enough without you're bitching you could do better :argh:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Haha WILLIAM MASSACHUSETTS introspection about being a gamer set to some 80s power metal was too good. :allears:

I want a Santa Shiroe ornament.

Zombie Santa menacing the town at the end. :ohdear:

Chalupa Picada fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 19, 2014

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Haha WILLIAM MASSACHUSETTS introspection about being a gamer set to some 80s power metal was too good. :allears:

I want a Santa Shiroe ornament.

He's making a list. He's checking it twice. He's going to find out if you're naughty or nice, the Vengeful Santa is here.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I just noticed the title and I love it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Nicholas The Renegade decided to leave Sword Art Online for Elder Tale. :ohdear:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Apparently TUEEEE is Japanese for OP, as in "overpowered". Particularly, its used to refer to Gary Stu protagonists on the website where LH and Maoyuu were first posted.

Coincidentally, William Massachusetts is voiced by the same guy who voices the protagonist of Mahouka. DEEN taking a swipe?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Help, s2 is so ugly; I can't recognize my favourite characters anymore. :(

Not a great episode in terms of story either, this week.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I really hope the payoff for all the Akiba going-ons will be good, because it's all too depressing right now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think I've ever been so bored by an episode of this show.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Having a murderous Santa on the loose who isn't affected by the Guard system should make things more interesting for the next ep at least.

Obligatory gently caress Studio Deen.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Today's ep was basically Ch.1 of book 6, which was almost entirely setup. They could've move some events around but there isn't much wiggle room.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I suspect that this episode will play a little better when you have the whole season to speed through at once. Not much you can do about it I guess, other than blame DEEN- and let's face it, you should be finding a little time out of every day to be doing that anyways.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 25, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Even DEEN can't remove an entire chapter from the source material, dude. :v:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's not even DEEN's fault (or at least, the problems that aren't animation-related aren't their fault) because the director and writer haven't changed from the first season.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Have we seen the blonde from DDD who is hanging out with the princess before? I didn't remember her name or even recognize her facehair, but she suddenly has a bunch of speaking lines.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Rodyle posted:

I don't think I've ever been so bored by an episode of this show.

Seriously. This was a lot worse than the episode where Akatsuki is flailing around trying to compete with Minori to impress Shiroe. I would have preferred that.

It was so bad that I'm actually mad that the last 20 seconds of the episode even made it in, because at least if that hadn't happened I could have completely forgotten about the episode. :negative:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Paracelsus posted:

Have we seen the blonde from DDD who is hanging out with the princess before? I didn't remember her name or even recognize her facehair, but she suddenly has a bunch of speaking lines.

Mamare is pretty bad at making characters important out of nowhere. Particularly since he's fond of picking up characters from side materials or fanworks. Tatara, for example. IIRC she was a fan character. (That's the blacksmith girl, btw)

And her name's Rieze. She showed up next to Krusty in shots showing off the DDD chain of command, but didn't really speak.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
DEEN. DEEN never changes...

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

DEEN please

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Welp, it was good while it lasted.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Oh relax, it's a single episode out of 28 and counting.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Having watched the episode now, it was a pretty dull episode and even having characters on model wouldn't have helped that much.

I'm honestly not feeling the current story arc, it's going slow and I'm not particularly interested in the raiding stuff, which looks like it's gonna last awhile considering we have what feels like some padding coming up (Padding in the traditional sense as opposed to original content, I mean). I want to know why Shiroe wants trillions of gold, but I'd rather see it obtained in a more compelling way; I've always felt that the combat has been by far the weakest part of the series.

Srice fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 26, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Nah it should ramp up within an ep or two. Also I don't know what you mean with padding. Right now it's running the plots of books 6 and 7 in parallel and it's finally done with the setup for both.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I enjoyed the Nyanta scenes and... uhhh. I guess it's nice to see that Akatsuki has some kind of motivation for her odd behavior rather than it being unexplained, but they really are just saying it too bluntly and repetitively here.

Kinda curious about how the guy has avoided the Royal Guard, etc.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kyte posted:

Nah it should ramp up within an ep or two. Also I don't know what you mean with padding. Right now it's running the plots of books 6 and 7 in parallel and it's finally done with the setup for both.

I meant that while yeah it's content from the books, a fair amount of the scenes in this episode just felt like they existed to buy time.

Basically:

Neeksy posted:

I guess it's nice to see that Akatsuki has some kind of motivation for her odd behavior rather than it being unexplained, but they really are just saying it too bluntly and repetitively here.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
They foreshadowed Santa a little too hard I think. And then after that whole boring episode, they didn't really give his scene its due. That's at least partially because of the need for censorship, but they probably should have demonstrated that it was pretty horrible and not just "Oh you died in the video game, time to respawn".

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah that looks pretty brutal. All we got in the show was some blood and her passing out.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

An episode set in town with no Rudy? 0/10

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Yeah that looks pretty brutal. All we got in the show was some blood and her passing out.

Remember that this is showing on NHK, Japan's public television.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

NHK-E, Japan's public national for kids/educational channel.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Still, I think it could have been handled better in a way that showcased the intensity of the event while staying within that boundary.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

maybe, but you know, studio deen happened

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was really looking forward to seeing the raid progress.

This episode broke my heart. Oh well, this Evil Santa subplot looks interesting. The episode of setup still sucks though. I was all hopped up on Mt. Dew and ready for action.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Davincie posted:

maybe, but you know, studio deen happened

The director and writer is the same as before, this isn't DEEN.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kyte posted:

The director and writer is the same as before, this isn't DEEN.

They were corrupted by the negative influence of working with DEEN, obv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This entire episode felt like what Kyo Ani would do on a shoestring budget.

• Locked thread