Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

CidGregor posted:

Hussie is a troll of the highest caliber.

Hold onto your butts people, there may yet be another flash coming today.

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful and terrible man. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I don't know if we'll get another flash...but we'll definitely get...something.

Not sure what'll happen during that something, but it'll be...something. :stare:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The most horrifying way to continue the update: have the two pieces of Gamzee start moving around independently.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gotta admit I wouldn't have bet on Terezi being the last of the original twelve trolls still alive.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
My thoughts:

Karkat's basically the secondary protagonist, and I doubt Hussie has the balls to actually get rid of him like this (even though I hope he does. Not because I dislike the characters who died, but because this comic needs a resolution at some point, and this gets it on its way.) That, more than anything, makes me leery of this sticking (besides the fan outcry.)

What I'm trying to say is: Crisis on Infinite Homestucks is about to occur. Every timeline is getting merged into one.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Even for everyone who died, there's still the dream bubbles. The hunt for Calliope may become more important with all the reinforcements.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Just managed to catch up with the thread, HOLY gently caress. This is everything I've been missing and more.

That said, I think the past two updates kinda drive home how empathetic Caliborn is. Not sympathtic, gently caress no, and he gives zero fucks about anyone else but man does he have a lovely life when you get down to it. It's a miracle that he's a functional being in the first place, and even more amazing that his sister was well-adjusted.

But I mean think about it, from birth this little rear end in a top hat has been locked in progressively larger boxes, from his shared room to his Sburb session to wherever the gently caress he is now to the finite universes he infects. And in all that time he has loving no one to talk to, or at least anyone on "his side". He's biologically predisposed to hate the gently caress out of his sister, and I personally think he shouldn't have known she existed for his brain to be "right". Then once he kills her she's replaced by a mute unkillable clown and some rear end in a top hat on the other side of a screen who keeps (rightfully) calling Caliborn a little shithead. Then he has his Sburb quest which is designed to be hard as balls and Caliborn picks up a crew of dumbass green torsos. Now he's done and stuck inside a giant Lil' Cal head (brrr) and some blue rear end in a top hat pops up, calls the only constructive thing Caliborn has ever managed lovely anime and then beats the ever loving poo poo out of the green skeleton kid. And until I'm proven wrong I think this might be the first time anyone has laid hand on the fuckheaded little shitstain.

...how the gently caress was Caliborn NOT supposed to become Lord English? The universe doesn't seem to have given him much of a chance to change. The only real confidant that he has that we know of is Crowbar, and I don't trust a mafia don in a jester outfit to be giving reliable life advice.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You know when I saw how pissed Karkat was and that he was outrunning even Kanaya I thought "Yes, finally, Karkat is going to channel his rage and finally he can be the hero for just a second". But no. I should have known that nothing good can ever happen to Karkat. :smith:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dolash posted:

Gotta admit I wouldn't have bet on Terezi being the last of the original twelve trolls still alive.

She's not, with Aradia and Sollux there are still two and a half survivors in total.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Suaimhneas posted:

She's not, with Aradia and Sollux there are still two and a half survivors in total.

So is Gamzee.

Because clowns

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Man this sure was a nice and cozy update, I am glad everyone worked out their issues with little problems!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Aranea does still have the Ring of Life, correct? If she took it off she'd revert back to a ghost?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Aranea does still have the Ring of Life, correct? If she took it off she'd revert back to a ghost?

She does still have it. I don't know if removing it would immediately kill her, but it would make her killable.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Maybe we'll get Karkat: Return to the Core.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I suppose Caliborn liking fedoras so much does explain why the Felt have the mobster motif in the future.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Suaimhneas posted:

Ah right, yeah, forgot about Aradia. To be fair though she seems to have deliberately removed herself from events. Not counting Sollux until his state of mortality makes more sense though.

Also another reason I'm thinking Rose might survive/God-tier-resurrect is it'll keep her and Kanaya apart, so she can mope about her girlfriend getting vaporized. Not as punchy if she's judged heroic and they reconnect two minutes later. Considering John was revived after Bec Noir shanked him, it can't be enough to just die fighting a bad guy if you go down like a chump.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dolash posted:

Considering John was revived after Bec Noir shanked him, it can't be enough to just die fighting a bad guy if you go down like a chump.

Dave did! I figure the difference is John (and potentially Rose) died fighting someone out of rage, while Dave was fighting someone to save someone else.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 26, 2014

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Alexander Rosetti arranged a Beatfox piece for orchestra. Give it a listen.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Say, which planets were those destroyed in the fight? There should be.... six left? Four Alpha, Four Beta, two moons, right?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Davinci posted:

I suppose Caliborn liking fedoras so much

Waaaaaiiiiiiit a second

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tenebrais posted:

Dave did! I figure the difference is John (and potentially Rose) died fighting someone out of rage, while Dave was fighting someone to save someone else.

I was going to say that Dave got to put up an actual sword fight instead of getting shot out of the air, but then again Jake just got shanked and it was completely useless so I guess maybe the criteria's more about the spirit of the thing. So yeah in that case Rose's attack might not count since it was for revenge.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Oh gently caress yes. Better than the original Pumpkin Cravings, and that's saying something.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh gently caress yes. Better than the original Pumpkin Cravings, and that's saying something.

Hell yeah. I always imagined the original as a chase but this I think could make for a battle royale (one played for laughs, but still).

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Suaimhneas posted:

I think Sollux is technically a whole survivor at the moment since his ghost half was pulled out to become Erisolsprite. But that might not last long since Erisolsprite was last seen on LOTAK, and LOTAK is looking pretty rough right now.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Bobulus posted:

I'm guessing he didn't do any of the deaths, since...

Wait, Oxx is Zach Morrison? I thought he was just a very dedicated Paranatural fan. :saddowns:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Solaris Knight posted:

Wait, Oxx is Zach Morrison? I thought he was just a very dedicated Paranatural fan. :saddowns:

It's hilarious that this misunderstanding even happened but no, I am not Zach Morrison.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Daius posted:

Waaaaaiiiiiiit a second

Oh geez, you're right... it's as if Caliborn is some sort of... "fedora freak"...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I wonder if Jane can do her Lifey thing while dead. A godtier alternate-Feferi they ran into could. It would be sorta hilarious if she could self-rez from beyond the grave. Alternately, if they could get the ring, they could rez her, then have her rez everyone (except Karkat)

Oxxidation posted:

It's hilarious that this misunderstanding even happened but no, I am not Zach Morrison.

I honestly thought you were. Doesn't he have a username really close to yours? I'm really confused now.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Even Zach Weiner recognises today :v:

I'm betting the extra update today, if there is one, is either a PSYCHE panel or a DEAD panel.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

TinTower posted:

Even Zach Weiner recognises today :v:

I'm betting the extra update today, if there is one, is either a PSYCHE panel or a DEAD panel.

It's "coming soon".

See: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008802

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Bobulus posted:

I wonder if Jane can do her Lifey thing while dead.

Remember when she got blown-up before entering her session? Doesn't everyone only get one resurrection? I think she's boned.

Also, why was that considered "Just" for her? She was a mind-controlled puppet, it's not like she was receiving comeuppance for intentional wrongdoings.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

frozentreasure posted:

Remember when she got blown-up before entering her session? Doesn't everyone only get one resurrection? I think she's boned.

Also, why was that considered "Just" for her? She was a mind-controlled puppet, it's not like she was receiving comeuppance for intentional wrongdoings.

When Doc Scratch first explained god tier immortality I think he said "one may be subject to corruption" or something like that to describe a just death. So I guess that is vague enough to cover mind control.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

frozentreasure posted:

Gotta be consistent. Jade got a "just" death too. And honestly, between "you are going to father hundreds of my children, Jake" and the way Jade interacted with Dave, I'm not entirely how brainwashed these two were. More like they were forcibly corrupted than anything.

E:fb

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dolash posted:

I was going to say that Dave got to put up an actual sword fight instead of getting shot out of the air, but then again Jake just got shanked and it was completely useless so I guess maybe the criteria's more about the spirit of the thing. So yeah in that case Rose's attack might not count since it was for revenge.

Jake did actually succeed in saving Jane by throwing himself in front of the attack, so that was a heroic death.

The fact that she was killed by a second attack with the same weapon just seconds later is completely irrelevant

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

frozentreasure posted:

i think its all horseshit how its decided. paradox space just does whatever.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Freak Futanari posted:

Oh geez, you're right... it's as if Caliborn is some sort of... "fedora freak"...

Don't you put that evil on him! :mad:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Hremsfeld posted:

Don't you put that evil on him! :mad:

Look, if you don't prepare for the worst now, it'll just hurt even more later.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Bobulus posted:

I honestly thought you were. Doesn't he have a username really close to yours? I'm really confused now.

I don't think he posts here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Grouchio posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I love it. I'm sure there's going to be more passengers.