Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Hey guys, I'm a bit out of the loop on the Wii U web-store thing. Are purchases tied to your account or to the Wii U? If I get the DLC for this game and my Wii U breaks am I outta luck or just need to sign in on another Wii U?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

The_Frag_Man posted:

Hey guys, I'm a bit out of the loop on the Wii U web-store thing. Are purchases tied to your account or to the Wii U? If I get the DLC for this game and my Wii U breaks am I outta luck or just need to sign in on another Wii U?

Thanks to a system update, your purchases are now tied to your account and stored on a Nintendo Server. If your Wii U breaks, your purchases are still KNOWN and Nintendo can transfer your purchases to a new Wii U. You'd have to call customer service and they should be able to set you up should your Wii U die.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

This game is so much fun, I'm putting off playing Bayonetta 2 to play it more.

Am I insane?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Am I insane?

Doing the same.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I haven't even purchased Bayonetta 2 because I might as well finish up with this fun game before getting a new one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Am I insane?

As someone who has played both, yes, you are certifiably insane (or want to spare your ego since HW is pretty easy whil Bayonetta 2 will directly tell you that you suck). I mean I love this game and it will definitely have a long tenure in my wii u, but Bayonetta 2 is very likely the best action game ever made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I haven't even purchased Bayonetta 2 because I might as well finish up with this fun game before getting a new one.

Yeah me too. Also gotta beat Xenoblade too... By the time I'm done with both of these games Smash and Pokemon will be out, and welp, there goes the rest of year.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Yeah me too. Also gotta beat Xenoblade too... By the time I'm done with both of these games Smash and Pokemon will be out, and welp, there goes the rest of year.

Honestly I'll probably pick up Bayonetta sometime next year since I'll also have more DLC for this game, Smash, Captain Toad, and Mario Kart DLC which I think is more than enough for the rest of the year.

Sorry Bayonetta fans

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm gonna be on Bayonetta for a couple weeks at least, but I'll probably be right back to Hyrule Warriors after I clear Bayo 1 and 2. I figure giving it a break after clearing all the weapons off the adventure map is as good a place as any to set it down for a bit.

And loving smash is less than a month away now. Jesus this is a crowded season for the Wii U. :v:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
No joke, I was more excited for the WiiU lineup this fall/winter than the PS4 games coming out. Still am.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The WiiU is the only video game console worth owning this generation.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Asimo posted:

The WiiU is the only video game console worth owning this generation.

Generation 7.5, sure :smuggo:

content: This game has local co-op right? How is it?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Captain Walker posted:

Generation 7.5, sure :smuggo:

content: This game has local co-op right? How is it?

Quite good! Enemies don't spawn as densely as in single player, but being in two places at once is invaluable. In the more intense missions, the game has a bit of slowdown, but it's very fun and makes some missions a lot easier.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Playing this game so much actually made me pretty terrible at Bayonetta for a bit.I kept jumping straight into attacks activating Umbran Climax when i ment to lock on.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Been slowly working my way through more of the Adventure Map. Unlocked Zant earlier, and I'm only one mission away from unlocking Link's Great Fairy weapon!

Unfortunately, it's Zelda's Level 2 Baton mission, which I've read plenty of horror stories about in this thread. Haven't stepped in to try it out yet, but I figure it couldn't hurt to get some advice on preparing for it.

About what level should I be before taking this on? I'm currently at 27, but if need be, I can dump enough rupees in the dojo to boost her to 43. I've also got the second Lighting resist badge, so I'm not too worried about damage.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I took it on at level 40 with only one level of lightning armor, and I used the rapier instead of the baton, and I got it in two tries. I would advise against pursuing Volga right off the bat -- wait for NPCs to wear his health down -- and otherwise just beeline to your objectives.

There's a lot of poo poo going on in this mission but don't panic, and don't stupidly get hit by Wizzro's death ray like I did once, and you should be fine.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Yeah, unfortunately that mission is butt even with two players. Wizzro is just excellent at shooting like twenty orbs without warning and giving you a B in damage in less that a second.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Yeah, unfortunately that mission is butt even with two players. Wizzro is just excellent at shooting like twenty orbs without warning and giving you a B in damage in less that a second.

On the upside he doesn't have nearly as much HP as Volga, if you're careful and blow your specials on his weakpoint you can probably have him down in like a minute. He's definitely who you want to go for first because if you get hit too hard you can just bail out of the mission before you get too far in.

Also, one of the two messengers got hung up every time I tried the mission. You only really need to go after the one running west, you can save the other one for when you're going up to deal with Ghirahim.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I've had this happen a few times now.

*Hyrule Captain appears on the field.
*Hyrule Captain retreats to allied base.
*Hyrule Captain needs aid.
[I ain't helping you!]
*Hyrule Captain returns as Hyrule Ghost and curses you and your allies are scared.

Ain't my fault you are a lousy battler and died! Don't blame me you're a ghost now.

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
I used the baton around level 40 and just spammed her guitar hero musical notes attack nonstop for the most part. It keeps you a healthy distance away from your target and basically juggles them forever until you can use a special.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Spectacle Rock posted:

I've had this happen a few times now.

*Hyrule Captain appears on the field.
*Hyrule Captain retreats to allied base.
*Hyrule Captain needs aid.
[I ain't helping you!]
*Hyrule Captain returns as Hyrule Ghost and curses you and your allies are scared.

Ain't my fault you are a lousy battler and died! Don't blame me you're a ghost now.

This is a special event, not just a random thing. And it is in absolutely no way worth rescuing that loving captain.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

RyokoTK posted:

This is a special event, not just a random thing. And it is in absolutely no way worth rescuing that loving captain.

Especially since he'll stop fight absolutely everything between him and the base. I've rescued him before and it takes forever.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I found the Parade of Cuccos. I think I did it wrong. I was trying to clear the level so I remembered the mantra of "Do not pursue Cucco." As a result, I barely had any Cuccos to fight. Should I pursue Cucco on this level for the most fun results? I was really expecting this level to be "KO 1,000 Cucco to win" but you can ignore the Cucco and still win. What a rip off :(

The level needs to be one human player versus hundreds of angry Cuccos and the only way to win is to kill them all. Please tell me there is such a level!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
That would probably be the most painful mission to date(if it existed) given the rapid attacks and strength of all types of Cuccos, off and on-screen.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spectacle Rock posted:

The level needs to be one human player versus hundreds of angry Cuccos and the only way to win is to kill them all. Please tell me there is such a level!

I want this too. Perhaps someday.

Still, for fun, you should try pursuing cuccos in that level. Things can get pretty intense.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Spectacle Rock posted:

I found the Parade of Cuccos. I think I did it wrong. I was trying to clear the level so I remembered the mantra of "Do not pursue Cucco." As a result, I barely had any Cuccos to fight. Should I pursue Cucco on this level for the most fun results? I was really expecting this level to be "KO 1,000 Cucco to win" but you can ignore the Cucco and still win. What a rip off :(

It is not beneficial to pursue cucco. It's just the "parade of cuccos" because it has like three or four of those lovely cucco events. I hated that level but I'm glad you have to play as the Dorf for it because a gigantic fucker with anime swords beating the tar out of little roosters is really entertaining.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Aladdin posted:

I used the baton around level 40 and just spammed her guitar hero musical notes attack nonstop for the most part. It keeps you a healthy distance away from your target and basically juggles them forever until you can use a special.

Absolutely this. When I did Zelda's level 2 Baton mission, this combo was vital. I also already had her third special bar and I think her third level of "captures keeps faster", which helped. From there, my plan was something like:

- Go south and kill the yellow captain that spawns there
- Intercept Volga and his huge entourage of cronies outside of the allied base. Wait for him to do the dragon fireball into nosedive, stay out of range of the dive, then bow shot into dodge cancel forward into combo for the weakpoint smash. Use a ton of specials on him from beating up the other surrounding assholes.
- Ignore Wizzro because he's a jerk and also because he's usually busy fighting five yellow Gibdos anyway.
- Take keeps, rack up kills, then go win.

It took me a few tries, one to get the general plan down and another couple to decide not to even gently caress with Wizzro. I think in my successful attempt I eventually did have to double back and kill Wizzro in the Allied Base, but he had been almost killed by everything else in his way by then so it wasn't an issue to take him down at that point.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Just want to say Nayru's Love badges are live savers because being able to nullify hits means the difference between taking only a portion of a heart and being able to roll away or being juggled for a bunch of hearts. It gives a ton of leeway and makes officers with continuous attacks manageable.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

How do you stop the Cucco from attacking you in Ghirahim's level 2 weapon mission?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

How do you stop the Cucco from attacking you in Ghirahim's level 2 weapon mission?

You can't. Say "gently caress you" to that Cucco and continue the mission while murdering all its little friends as well. A lot of Ghirahim's attacks have wide AOE around his person so you should be able to hold them at bay long enough to finish the mission without getting pecked to hamburger.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

You don't. In that case you're better off just slaughtering all of them as quickly as possible if they show up. If you're lucky you might be able to get to the boss before triggering them, in which case you just kill him as fast as possible. Otherwise kill the Cuccos. On the bright side, spawning the Cucco horde will help you get your kills up very quickly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The GIG posted:

Just want to say Nayru's Love badges are live savers because being able to nullify hits means the difference between taking only a portion of a heart and being able to roll away or being juggled for a bunch of hearts. It gives a ton of leeway and makes officers with continuous attacks manageable.

It also lets you ignore some blowbacks so that you can kill officers faster.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Where can I find Redead Knights in abundance? Zelda needs bandages and everything uses Gibdos.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Tried Zelda's baton mission a few times, both with the Baton and with the Rapier. Closest I got with the Baton was A rank on KOs and Time, but 4100 on Damage; closest I got with the Rapier was A rank on KOs and Damage... and 15:04 on Time. :suicide:

After that, decided to just leave it for the night and try again tomorrow. Went and played the Festival of Cuccos map to let off some steam and holy hell that map was a pain in the rear end, more for the Gibdos than for the Cuccos. And I've spent the last hour or so running around the Master Quest map, unlocking costumes and slowly opening up the map.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Bruceski posted:

Where can I find Redead Knights in abundance? Zelda needs bandages and everything uses Gibdos.

The Palace of Soul in Legend Mode has constantly spawning I heard.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Epona is loving crazy, but I can't figure out what the carrots are for/how to use them.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Epona is loving crazy, but I can't figure out what the carrots are for/how to use them.

You have to hold 100% still (don't be moving at all) and press the Y button (strong attack button) to use a carrot. Used carrots replenish over time. Each carrot gives her a boost of speed in the direction she is facing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Well, I finally figured out Zelda's rank 3 baton mission. I'm not good with that weapon in the first place, but turns out doing nothing but guarding the base until you have the 1200 kills and then beelining for the boss works for an A rank.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I just keep playing this game. Why is it so addicting? It is simple yet addicting!?

I got Ganondorf's level 3 sword. I cheated to get it (I used 2 controllers and made Sheik get the A rank while Ganondorf just stood still in an ally keep the whole time) but it worked darn it!

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

The mission to get Link's level 3 gauntlets is kind of insane. Any tips?

• Locked thread