Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Either your Euro prices for Bayonetta (2) are wrong, or buying them both adds up to a different price depending on which one you buy first (55€ vs. 60€). It works out in GBP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
EDIT: nevermind, they changed it themselves between Monday and now and I didn't notice. 49.99EUR, yeah.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I was under the impression that the Fantasy Life DLC was going to be, like 14.99, since it was 7.99 in EU. That's certainly a nice surprise! And even more worth it!~

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Are themes country-dependent? I see and hear about so many awesome themes, but all I can purchase are lovely shapes, NES Mario and a few others. The newest themes are the Spinner ones that came out some days ago.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Your Computer posted:

Are themes country-dependent? I see and hear about so many awesome themes, but all I can purchase are lovely shapes, NES Mario and a few others. The newest themes are the Spinner ones that came out some days ago.

At least in the US, it seems some :ghost:spooky:ghost: Halloween themes just went up.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

I just got an email from Nintendo with a free code for a spooky cat theme. Pretty neat.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ziddar posted:

At least in the US, it seems some :ghost:spooky:ghost: Halloween themes just went up.

The Halloween themes, I'm going to go out on a limb, could be US only since it's a US holiday.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I bought DKC2 and did the first level, and I don't think the 50 HZ bothered me. Some people would probably notice something different but I don't. :shobon:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Did you forget Shantae from the PAL update, or this another indie game that's taking its time getting over here?

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Fremry posted:

The Halloween themes, I'm going to go out on a limb, could be US only since it's a US holiday.

Actually it seems like everyone is getting them. Japan got them a bit ago and NoE seems to be sending emails out to random Club Nintendo members for free spooky cat themes.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Amppelix posted:

Did you forget Shantae from the PAL update, or this another indie game that's taking its time getting over here?

There is no release date yet for PAL.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

less laughter posted:

There is no release date yet for PAL.

Great. Fantastic. I guess I shouldn't look forward to games anymore or they won't get released when I think they will.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ziddar posted:

Actually it seems like everyone is getting them. Japan got them a bit ago and NoE seems to be sending emails out to random Club Nintendo members for free spooky cat themes.

Huh, that's pretty cool. Halloween should be a world-wide holiday anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Its a sequel to Pirate's Curse isn't it?

Kinda, but it's more just the start of a new storyline that you don't have to play the first three games to enjoy.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Ziddar posted:

You're right, I just got one from Club Nintendo Germany. Thanks for the heads-up.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Fremry posted:

Uh, what? Halloween was celebrated long before USA was even a country.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Holy poo poo Bayo 2 is 17gb and Bayo 1 is 14? What the gently caress. So much for playing tonight.

I didn't even realize that Wii U discs were blurays.

Edit: There's not even enough room to download them both to console...

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Froist posted:

Uh, what? Halloween was celebrated long before USA was even a country.

Yeah, I know it didn't start in the US, but I've definitely seen people on here from Aus, England, Ireland and other countries talk about how they wish they had it because it looks fun. I just extrapolated from that because I know that the Jack-o-lantern was an Irish invention.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fremry posted:

Europe here, and I got it.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Fremry posted:

Yeah, I know it didn't start in the US, but I've definitely seen people on here from Aus, England, Ireland and other countries talk about how they wish they had it because it looks fun. I just extrapolated from that because I know that the Jack-o-lantern was an Irish invention.

We definitely have Halloween in the UK, including trick or treating. It's a bit different (mostly scary costumes rather than just dressing as anything) and not as big, but we have it.

They kind of have it in Japan in that they know it's a thing, there's a few events/special foods like spooky editions of donuts and you can buy decorations, but they don't go trick or treating and people would only dress up if there was a party. It's still seen as a bit of a western thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Crosspost from the other thread, starts soon!

Yo NA dudes, the new Shantae game is out today, and virt is doing another pay-what-you-want soundtrack release:

@virtjk posted:

Thurs Oct 23, 7PM PDT, http://twitch.tv/virtjk Streaming 50+track Shantae and the Pirate's Curse OST, then posting on http://virt.bandcamp.com

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
An awesome day just got better. I've been asking if I'd be able to buy the soundtrack but I wasn't expecting the *same day*.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In the latest HGH update Wayforward posted this so hopefully it won't be that long for Euros.

quote:

The 'Curse crew' is still hard at work though! They're translating Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) into a number of other languages so she'll be sailing to Europe ASAP, and onto the Nintendo Wii U for North America and Europe this Winter!!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Have they released any recent WiiU footage? Because the only thing I've seen has been some really basic stuff from the kickstarter and I'm excited to see how it translates from the 3ds version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fix posted:

Have they released any recent WiiU footage? Because the only thing I've seen has been some really basic stuff from the kickstarter and I'm excited to see how it translates from the 3ds version.

Again, this isn't the kickstarter game (Half-Genie Hero), this is one they've had in the works since before the kickstarter. A lot of people seem confused by that, so they clearly didn't do a good job explaining which game is which.

The Wii U version of this game (Pirate's Curse) is pretty much just the 3DS version upscaled, they're not doing anything fancy with it aside from HD character portraits.

The kickstarter game is coming to pretty much everything except for 3DS.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 24, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh!

Well, thanks for the clarification.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'd rather make a pot of my own coffee and not buy a theme. Does that make me a monster?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
When Nintendo inevitably releases a coffee-based theme you will all look like fools.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

When Nintendo inevitably releases a coffee-based theme you will all look like fools.

If they make a coffee theme I hope Steam releases a burger theme... at least I think that was the justification people used to buy hundreds of $5 games they only played for a few minutes each.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Wildtortilla posted:

If they make a coffee theme I hope Steam releases a burger theme... at least I think that was the justification people used to buy hundreds of $5 games they only played for a few minutes each.

People don't try to justify buying tons of games they never play on Steam. They brag about it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
At least nobody buys games just to get promotional hats for Team Fortress 2 anymore.

Not when you can buy those hats from the Steam Market from people who bought the games to actually play them and don't care about the hats.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Played a fair bit of Shantae and the Pirates Curse today. Just finished the 3rd island.
I'm really enjoying it, a lot more than the first game, or Risky's Revenge.
I've put in a little over 4 hours and the save screen says I'm at 55%. Which has already made it a decent length longer than Risky.

The game is gorgeous, all the areas look great and the characters and enemies are nice and fluid. The complaints I've seen around the Internet about the large amounts of fan service in the game are definitely valid. It's pretty harmless. But there is a lot more fan service in this game compared to other wayforward games.

By biggest complaint (and one I know I had for Risky's, but it didn't feel as bad as in this one) is that Shantae has very few invincibility frames. And that doesn't necessarily make things "difficult" per se, but very frustrating.
Between that and the knock back from some attacks, you end up taking way more damage than you should. The 3rd dungeon boss was way more frustrating than he should have been. Due to his attack where he quickly rushes around the arena a couple times. I got hit, knocked to the ground and before I could recover he was on top of me again which caused another hit. I ended up having to use a healing item in that fight because it happened twice more, but the fight wasn't even that hard.
I suppose it's balanced out by enemies also having no invincibility frames, so you can demolish them with fast attacks.

But it's more Shantae. It's fun metroidvania action with a rad Virt soundtrack. Each new powerup gives you a reason to backtrack to the other islands in search of collectables. And looks like it's about a solid 8 hours or so.
It's a great game, but I can see the $20 price tag turning some people away. Anyone who liked the GBC Shantae, or Risky's Revenge should absolutely pick it up though.
I am looking forward to Half-Genie Hero a ton.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I finished the game a little while ago. Logged a little under 8 hours with some of that trying to find the rest of the Heart Squids. I love that a lot of the items you collect to progress need to be used in conjunction with each other in later portions of the game, and no item gets obsoleted or is only necessary for one dungeon and then never used again. The bosses never really do get difficult, however, as they all have easy-to-exploit patterns you can figure out after about thirty seconds or so. It's definitely a larger and better game overall than Risky's Revenge, and I already enjoyed that game despite its length and rushed feel.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mercury Crusader posted:

At least nobody buys games just to get promotional hats for Team Fortress 2 anymore.

Yeah that's uh, certainly not, uh, a thing anymore *cough*
http://bindingofisaac.com/post/99972667929/a-quicky

On the topic of themes though, is there any rhyme or rhythm to when they are released world wide? There are already so many themes I'd gladly throw my :10bux: at, but in Norway (which may be behind Europe schedule since we're not properly affiliated) we seem to get things way later. Is there the usual Japan -> [x weeks] -> USA -> [x weeks] -> EU time for those as well?

That said, I did get the Halloween cat theme in the mail, and I'm definitely not part of Club Nintendo since :norway: doesn't get it. Why won't you love us properly, Nintendo?

e:
vvv People still pay stupid amounts of cash for cosmetic changes, be that in Steambux or real cash. Not that it matters for normal folks vvv

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 26, 2014

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Your Computer posted:

Yeah that's uh, certainly not, uh, a thing anymore *cough*
http://bindingofisaac.com/post/99972667929/a-quicky

Mercury Crusader posted:

Not when you can buy those hats from the Steam Market from people who bought the games to actually play them and don't care about the hats.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 30):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Stealth Inc. 2 - €13.99 / £12.99
    Falling Skies: The Game - €39.99 / £34.99
    Jett Tailfin - €19.99 / £17.99
    Tetrobot and Co. - €9.99 / £7.99
    Cosmophony - €3.99 / £3.59
    Color Zen (demo)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Devil World (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - 800 Points / €7.99 / £5.49
    Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES) - 800 Points / €7.99 / £5.49
    Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES) - 800 Points / €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own DKC1, 2 or 3 (Wii U VC), get DKC: Tropical Freeze for 33% off! - runs until November 6
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49/ £1.34 until October 30
    Unepic (Wii U eShop) - €7.99 / £7.19 until October 30
    SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until October 30
    Squids Odyssey (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until October 30
    TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 until October 30
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.49 until October 30
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until November 3
    Color Zen (Wii U eShop) - €2.24 / £2.24 until October 30
    Color Zen Kids (Wii U eShop) - €2.24 / £2.24 until October 30
    Angry Bunnies (Wii U eShop) - free to owners of Angry Bunnies 3DS until October 30
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 from October 23-November 6
    Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U eShop) - Walking Dead/Dr. Strange tables €1.49 / £1.19 until November 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival - €19.99 / £17.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 - €19.99 / £17.99
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX - €5.00 / £4.50
    Arc Style Baseball 3D - €1.99 / £1.79
    Color Zen (demo)
3DS MENU THEMES
    Halloween: Spooky Black Link - €1.99 / £1.79
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: Isabelle in the Town Hall - €1.99 / £1.79
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: Mable Able - €1.99 / £1.79
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: Sable Able - €1.99 / £1.79
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: Timmy & Tommy - €1.99 / £1.79
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: Colourful Pattern - €1.99 / £1.79
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: Bulletin Board - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong Land III (Game Boy) - €3.99 / £3.59
    Gargoyle's Quest 2: The Demon Darkness (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own DK Land 1, 2 or 3 (Wii U VC), get DKC Returns 3D for 33% off! - runs until November 6
    Cube Tactics (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 until October 30
    SteamWorld Dig (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until October 30
    Squids Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until October 30
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - €19.99 / £17.99 until October 30
    Color Zen (3DS eShop) - €2.24 / £2.24 until October 30
    Color Zen Kids (3DS eShop) - €2.24 / £2.24 until October 30
    Angry Bunnies (3DS eShop) - free to owners of Angry Bunnies Wii U until October 30
    Fishdom H2O: Hiddey Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €3.74 / £3.35 until October 30
    Bubble Pop World (3DS eShop) - €3.74 / £3.35 until October 30
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from October 30-November 20

SMT4! loving finally.

Stealth Inc. 2 is a Wii U-exclusive sequel to Stealth Bastard/Stealth Inc. and they've changed/added a lot of stuff for the sequel: it's a metroidvania now, it has local co-op, a level editor that uses the gamepad, level sharing through Miiverse, etc. Looks well worth the money.

Falling Skies is a shameless XCOM ripoff, based on some sci-fi show I've never seen, but I hear it's pretty awful.

Wii U dudes, note that DKC3 is the 60HZ version, even though last week's release was 50HZ. Who the hell makes these decisions? Who cares, DEVIL WORLD

(DKC1/2/3 are back on the Wii VC, too, for those who have Wii Shop Channel points to burn and/or don't own a Wii U.)

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I really miss the name Stealth Bastard: Tactical Espionage Arsehole.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

SMT4! loving finally.

Agreed! thats about £10 cheaper than I thought itd be too.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Please let me get those Animal Crossing themes :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
When I checked the price for the Fantasy Life DLC, it was listed as $8.99 for me instead of $7.99. A little annoying that they seem to have raised the price without any announcement, but oh well.