Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

ExHumus posted:

How about nowhere because we both know that is an offensive name and was destined to be reported.

Believe it or not it's a perfectly fine and normal name that people before and after Hitler have had. Hitler wasn't even Adolph because his name was spelled with an F. Let's not loving trip over ourselves trying to be offended at some fairly common European name because someone bad once had a permutation of it.

I worked with a guy named Adolfo and I never flipped my poo poo about his name being some kind of mexican hitler because he wasn't because it's just a god drat name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Alteisen posted:

90% of traits are absolute loving garbage, you don't NEED all of them, just decide what build you want and buy those.

Haha yeah and I bet you don't go out of your way and spend currency on armor you don't use or are even able to wear just to make the "skin locked" go away.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Believe it or not it's a perfectly fine and normal name that people before and after Hitler have had. Hitler wasn't even Adolph because his name was spelled with an F. Let's not loving trip over ourselves trying to be offended at some fairly common European name because someone bad once had a permutation of it.

I worked with a guy named Adolfo and I never flipped my poo poo about his name being some kind of mexican hitler because he wasn't because it's just a god drat name.

Jesus cuts my yard.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Minrad posted:

Haha yeah and I bet you don't go out of your way and spend currency on armor you don't use or are even able to wear just to make the "skin locked" go away.

I don't. :shrug:

I do spend a lot on gems.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Alteisen posted:

I don't. :shrug:

I do spend a lot on gems.

Yeah well I bet you also don't complete the map, you literal hitler :mad:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Minrad posted:

Yeah well I bet you also don't complete the map, you literal hitler :mad:

I think my highest is 38% world completion :v:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Alteisen posted:

I think my highest is 38% world completion :v:

mods???

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jaegerx posted:

Jesus cuts my yard.

Wow, he sure gets around. Pretty sure he sells hubcaps in an alley about 3 blocks over from me.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I well aware of that. That doesn't change the fact that it's pretty obvious that someone naming a character Adolph is intentionally pushing it. The argument you just gave is very similar to an argument I heard on Maguuma mumble that pretty much boiled down to "It's okay for me to call players I don't like fags because fag is just another word for cigarettes. HURR HURR." You aren't fooling anyone.

ExHumus fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 26, 2014

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I don't know, maybe it's because I'm European (and live near Germany) but the name "Adolph" doesn't sound too offensive or anything. It's more of a normal name, really. Names like "Hitler" are for me an entirely different league.

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

ExHumus posted:

I well aware of that. That doesn't change the fact that it's pretty obvious that someone naming a character Adolph is intentionally pushing it. The argument you just gave is very similar to an argument I heard on Maguuma mumble that pretty much boiled down to "It's okay for me to call players I don't like fags because fag is just another word for cigarettes. HURR HURR." You aren't fooling anyone.

i just did the math and this checks out. solid reasoning, makes total sense.

e: HURR HURR HURR

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

ExHumus posted:

#hitlergate

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Master race.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

ExHumus posted:

Yeah dude I guess if you're going to automatically assume that anyone who has the name Adolph must be a nazi and you imply with your analogy that any use of the name HAS to be about hitler then I guess you won't be "fooled" into realizing that you are in fact a kindergarten baby who washes their face with gravy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Huh?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Please stop. It is late and I am scared.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Well, I know I'll never sleep again! :thumbsup:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Mizuti posted:

Master race.

Whoa, watch out. We got a real live goose-steppin' fascist up in here.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Happy Halloween!

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Yeah dude I guess if you're going to automatically assume that anyone who has the name Adolph must be a nazi and you imply with your analogy that any use of the name HAS to be about hitler then I guess you won't be "fooled" into realizing that you are in fact a kindergarten baby who washes their face with gravy.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's not worth drawing this argument out any longer.

ExHumus fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 26, 2014

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

ExHumus posted:

Ummm, when did I say anyone was a Nazi? You're putting words in my mouth. It's possible to reference Hitler in an attempt to be edgy without being a Nazi.

Stop it, you whiny baby.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lazy was right.

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

loving hell :suicide:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:negative:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Well, at least something good came out of me throwing a fit.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

ExHumus posted:

About the name Adolph...

Minutes before the servers first went live I decided I would try to reserve a first name, because I figured those would be among the most sought after. I went through a list of dead people in my extended family and I was lucky enough to reserve "Soren" and "Adolph." Adolph is named after Adolph Green, a playwright. What's obvious to you shouldn't be, because you're wrong and also a sensationalist.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Yeah well plenty of people had the hitlerstache back in the day but you don't see nobody sportin' that now do you?

Maybe just name your video game character something else. I think that would be a fine ol' solution.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Can someone tell me the password requirements for GW2 accounts? Trying to guess my old password and I've lost the box with the serial code in it.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Jackard posted:

You have Mistfire Wolf, don't you?

Yes, I do, and I regret it every day.

edit: Loving this thread at the moment.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Dorkopotamis posted:

Minutes before the servers first went live I decided I would try to reserve a first name, because I figured those would be among the most sought after. I went through a list of dead people in my extended family and I was lucky enough to reserve "Soren" and "Adolph." Adolph is named after Adolph Green, a playwright. What's obvious to you shouldn't be, because you're wrong and also a sensationalist.

Please accept my sincere apologies. Despite you innocent intentions, though, the name still violates the Naming Policy.

ExHumus fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 26, 2014

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
actually, he is named after adolph hitler, and I also reported the name 'germany'

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Asked a question in /m in Divinity's Reach today while crafting on my Melisandre ripoff character; immediately began receiving weird dumb PMs from a very persistent guy who presumably does not know I'm a dude. Some things never change.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

loquacius posted:

Asked a question in /m in Divinity's Reach today while crafting on my Melisandre ripoff character; immediately began receiving weird dumb PMs from a very persistent guy who presumably does not know I'm a dude. Some things never change.

When this happened to me playing WoW once I flirted with the guy until I got bored and then let him know that I was dude. Didn't hear another word from him.

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
Being open about being a lady irl in MMOs is generally a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

PartyCrown posted:

Being open about being a lady irl in MMOs is generally a terrible idea.

Being open about not a being heterosexual white male irl, you mean.

• Locked thread