Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

AlbertRayon posted:

That's what I was thinking, more in depth than the video package before the match. Show the full promos and matches on the weekly show that build to a particular PPV match. The footage is already made and digitized, why not take advantage of it?

If they added a playlisting feature to the Network, this sort of thing wouldn't even need to involve the truck monkeys. Let us pick out chunks of time from the shows on the network, order them and then share the list. Bam. Of course, they'd have to add all of the Raws/Smackdowns first.

There would be so much potential for this feature it's crazy that they haven't even hinted at adding it yet. I'd love to be able to idly sit and watch a compilation of Best Commissioner Foley Moments, or The Complete History of the 24/7 Hardcore Title, on my TV, in full quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

birdlaw posted:

If they added a playlisting feature to the Network, this sort of thing wouldn't even need to involve the truck monkeys. Let us pick out chunks of time from the shows on the network, order them and then share the list. Bam. Of course, they'd have to add all of the Raws/Smackdowns first.

There would be so much potential for this feature it's crazy that they haven't even hinted at adding it yet. I'd love to be able to idly sit and watch a compilation of Best Commissioner Foley Moments, or The Complete History of the 24/7 Hardcore Title, on my TV, in full quality.

It's weird that everything on the network is listed in terms of full shows, rather than individual matches, and you have to actively try to find out even which matches are on which show. Sometimes I'll watch a whole show, but usually I don't have three hours to burn, so I'd just like to pick out a couple of matches.

Now that someone has the full match list and is using it for that random match site, it can't be impossible to sync it with the profightdb and let people search for, I dunno, sub-15 minute, tag team, WCW PPV matches from 1997.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the new Simpsons World app really demonstrates how limited features are on the Network. I still really like the Network, and the live streams quality is excellent but there's certainly lots of cool features that could also be on there in addition

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

the new Simpsons World app really demonstrates how limited features are on the Network. I still really like the Network, and the live streams quality is excellent but there's certainly lots of cool features that could also be on there in addition

Does Simpsons World have the playlist and clip stuff they were talking about at the announcement, and I'm just an idiot and can't find them?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So in Canada it's not called the "WWE Network" yet because we don't have all the content. What we have is called the "WWE Net Pak" which is a terrible name. It at least sounds like it should be available online, but it's not.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

So in Canada it's not called the "WWE Network" yet because we don't have all the content. What we have is called the "WWE Net Pak" which is a terrible name. It at least sounds like it should be available online, but it's not.

That is so dumb. Who stood in a room and pitched this plan? How did they not die of embarrassment?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Net Pak 4 lyfe.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Change thread title to "The WWE Net Pak"

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm really hoping network numbers start to look positive because their is definitely a lot more they could add or be doing to the service.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They probably won't put much effort into improving the service unless numbers pick up.
Numbers probably won't pick up unless the service is improved.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

triplexpac posted:

In a shocking turn of events Canadian consumers get hosed by one of Rogers/Telus/Bell yet again. Who could have seen that one coming?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Got my first ad yesterday, 30 second clip about family life or something.

Cancelled my subscription immediately.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

One day you'll find love.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Wow.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

oldpainless posted:

:downsbravo:

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

I've not encountered one ad yet. I guess I am lucky?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

oldpainless posted:

Was it the Roman Reigns one?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Pssst...

He just may have been kidding.

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012
Renewed my lapsed subscription today... because I realised Hell in a Cell starts at midnight instead of 1AM due to the clocks going back, so I can actually watch it live.

Anything new that's super-worth watching in the archives?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cultlife posted:

Renewed my lapsed subscription today... because I realised Hell in a Cell starts at midnight instead of 1AM due to the clocks going back, so I can actually watch it live.

Anything new that's super-worth watching in the archives?

Dunno when you stopped subscribing, but they did a fun little Shield documentary that's somewhat legit and somewhat kayfabe.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Pssst...

He just may have been kidding.

I'm sleep deprived, sorry. :shobon:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'm actually surprised that in the last 5 days, usually watching 2 eps of Nitro a night, I've only encountered 1 ad. If it's that unobtrusive then I won't be complaining.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah I spent last night (Friday) drinking gin and tonics and loading up various WCW shows to watch some cool cruiserweight action, and didn't see a single ad.

edit: maybe they're not bothering with ads for non-US subscribers, come to think of it.

Memento fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 24, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I've been watching at least 2-3 on demand videos a day since the ad announcement and I've seen one ad.

Does that mean I have to cancel? I'm almost up to the arrival of the Outsiders and I'd hate to stop now.

Edit: I live in the good ol' US of fuckin A

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Edit: I live in the good ol' US of fuckin A

Lmao 😂 nice country loser.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Does that mean I have to cancel?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

DrVenkman posted:

I'm actually surprised that in the last 5 days, usually watching 2 eps of Nitro a night, I've only encountered 1 ad. If it's that unobtrusive then I won't be complaining.

I get ads with about every second video. And it's always the same weird one where the mom takes her kid's thumbs away.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

That is so dumb. Who stood in a room and pitched this plan? How did they not die of embarrassment?

Whoever it is probably got promoted because the WWE Net Pak is exceeding expectations.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

MassRafTer posted:

Whoever it is probably got promoted because the WWE Net Pak is exceeding expectations.

I know that the actual name is Net Pak but can we call it net pack please because jesus christ that name

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sir Jebus posted:

I know that the actual name is Net Pak but can we call it net pack please because jesus christ that name

It's like an N64 accessory.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's like an N64 accessory.

That's why I like it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
You know the Net Pak is working, because prior to logging on, you can hear a distinct modem handshake sound.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They'll be getting Net-pac Heat for their lovely Canadian product

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

It's a drat shame that offering an inferior product ended up being the way to go because a large percentage of wrestling fans are still uncomfortable with streaming services or lack adequate Internet access. I know that the Brits might be kinda screwed as well because the Canadian launch went much better than the US.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Thauros posted:

It's a drat shame that offering an inferior product ended up being the way to go because a large percentage of wrestling fans are still uncomfortable with streaming services or lack adequate Internet access. I know that the Brits might be kinda screwed as well because the Canadian launch went much better than the US.

It's why I'm more than happy to stick with my proxy and access the US version. I don't want the inferior product. I think that given how things are going, WWE are going to be very slow into putting any work into the Network beyond what they have.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"Net Pak" is what you end up with when the room you consult consists entirely of 50+ year old whites.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Thauros posted:

I've said this before, but I would be totally happy with WWE Network as an actual cable channel that I can have on my TV without streaming, record shows to my DVR, and use the same fast forward/rewind functions of my DVR. I would even give up the On Demand stuff to have that, because I very rarely use it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Thauros posted:

Oh it's nothing to do with the customer. Here in Canada we have a small group of companies in total control of the Canadian cellular and cable industries. They actively collude to gently caress the consumer and keep prices sky high. This is the latest in a long list of moves to protect their dying cable television business. They've tried to gently caress with Netflix in a variety of ways too.

Rogers is an enormously lovely company. Somehow most of their competitors (Telus and Bell) manage to be worse.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

"Net Pak" is what you end up with when the room you consult consists entirely of 50+ year old whites.

Net Pak sounds like the next evolution of Sean Waltman's character.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Astro7x posted:

I've said this before, but I would be totally happy with WWE Network as an actual cable channel that I can have on my TV without streaming, record shows to my DVR, and use the same fast forward/rewind functions of my DVR. I would even give up the On Demand stuff to have that, because I very rarely use it.

I get what you're saying but I'd rather be able to pull up the latest PPV or a random match at work when its dead or on my tablet when I can't sleep. I'd watch far less if it were an actual cable channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Watching the cruiserweights episode of the Monday Night Wars. The existence of the entire network was justified singlehandedly by CM Punk's crack about Scott Putski.

Edit: Dynamic storylines *plays the "I choppy-choppy your pee pee" Kaientai/Val Venis clip*

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 26, 2014