Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Chamale posted:

I gotta admit, to this day when I have to remember what grade I was in for a given year, I start at "9/11 happened in grade 3" then work my way up.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Christ almighty, I was in grade 9.

Y'all are so cute.

I was in college. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Y'all are so cute.

Me too, happened my freshman year.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I was already a decaying corpse in the ground when Columbine happened.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I live backwards, and I really don't appreciate all these spoilers you guys are posting.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

I'm unstuck in time. So it goes.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Male Man posted:

I live backwards, and I really don't appreciate all these spoilers you guys are posting.

I would slam dunk a burn in you but I suppose you already heard it :[

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I need to get the hell out of retail.

An excellent quote for the thread, and advice everyone should take.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Retail is fine if you're not yet a legal adult and haven't yet any skills on paper.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Y'all are so cute.

Yeah, I was in grad school. I got a call from a buddy at 6am (California time) saying that the news looked like a Michael Bay movie.

EDIT: Sorry for contributing to the derail

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

whoflungpoop posted:

ive never actually felt my ovaries releasing sand before

DarkFleetOne
Nov 11, 2012
I've always lived with Columbine as a past thing. We had shooter drills on school as long as I can remember. 9/11 happened in 4th grade btw, olds.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

if you cannot piss through a chinese cranberry song i dunno what the gently caress is wrong with you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

if you cannot piss through a chinese cranberry song i dunno what the gently caress is wrong with you

badass

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Christ almighty, I was in grade 9.

motherfuck! Removed some poo poo but gently caress all ya'll

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

jfc

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This is beautiful in so many ways

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

allahu ackbar

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There has to be some language that describes it as "Bear You Do Not Want to gently caress With"

Medieval Medic posted:

Yeah, the word for that is bear.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Oh cool, a new Doobie thread. I miss seeing updates on the guy every few weeks.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Volume posted:

This is beautiful in so many ways

I am grateful for the poster's effort.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Y'all are so cute.

Somebody archived the original GBS 9/11 Megathread where you can see goon reactions as it happened. It is an intensely depressing thing to re-live, it starts off as a tragedy but then it keeps getting worse and worse until everybody is just numb and in shock. Which is pretty much how that day went. Even the worlds evil dictators were giving press statements like "Wow that really sucks, Libya sends its condolences" etc.

So thats on topic I guess, probably a lot of great quotes there but I'll be damned if I ever read that thread again. Its just masochistic.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

RevSyd posted:

Somebody archived the original GBS 9/11 Megathread where you can see goon reactions as it happened. It is an intensely depressing thing to re-live, it starts off as a tragedy but then it keeps getting worse and worse until everybody is just numb and in shock. Which is pretty much how that day went. Even the worlds evil dictators were giving press statements like "Wow that really sucks, Libya sends its condolences" etc.

So thats on topic I guess, probably a lot of great quotes there but I'll be damned if I ever read that thread again. Its just masochistic.

Ahahahaha oh my goodness.

GPF posted:

monkeyu posted:

WATCH BUSH START A loving WAR

OMG BUSH IS SMUCH A DOOFUS AND HEILL START A WARE WITH PEACE-LOVRING OSAMA BIN LANADEN.

If this was terrorism (which it appears to be), the smoking crater left over where Terrorist HQ once stood will be the start and the end.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah, it was pretty interesting coming of age during 9/11 and the Second Gulf War and being hammered with the realization that at least half the country is buttfucking crazy stupid.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

Ahahahaha oh my goodness.

OMG BUSH IS SMUCH A DOOFUS AND HEILL START A WARE WITH PEACE-LOVRING OSAMA BIN LANADEN.

If this was terrorism (which it appears to be), the smoking crater left over where Terrorist HQ once stood will be the start and the end.
[/quote]

If you don't remember "watch bush start a loving war" as the opening stanza of something awful I just don't know.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

If you don't remember "watch bush start a loving war" as the opening stanza of something awful I just don't know.

Oh I do, I'm just enjoying GPF's snide sarcasm followed by the hilariously incorrect "the smoking crater left over where Terrorist HQ once stood will be the start and the end".

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I read the whole thread. It was, unsurprisingly, loving depressing. The only other quote that really jumped out at me as unexpected was this one, apparently from a time-traveller.

Kramer posted:

Not to belittle the signifigance of these events, but you do realize that this means a whole slew of "anti terrorist" and probably "anti violence" laws will be passed through congress.

Any "anti terrorist" laws will be given almost a blank check to do what is necessary. I'd be surprised if in 6 months you'll be able to make a domestic call without it being monitored.

That's the way terrorism works. It's not the attack that hurts most people. A couple of hundred people die -- every death is tragic, but the truth is the real tragedy will be the loss of freedoms for the survivors.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh I do, I'm just enjoying GPF's snide sarcasm followed by the hilariously incorrect "the smoking crater left over where Terrorist HQ once stood will be the start and the end".

Moquel posted:

Well... I don't think we'll be seing any type of world war... I'm thinking maybe Yassir Arafat will get some work to do, and a couple of people publicly hanged for it, but I doubt it will become a war of this...
Not even Bush is so stupid he'd let that happen...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

Okay, I read the whole thread. It was, unsurprisingly, loving depressing. The only other quote that really jumped out at me as unexpected was this one, apparently from a time-traveller.

History is littered with the remnants of people who could see that the Emperor has no clothes, and it never ever matters.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A good thread is erupting in GBS atm

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676085&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

History is littered with the remnants of people who could see that the Emperor has no clothes, and it never ever matters.

You get to look at the emperor's junk and snicker.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

You get to look at the emperor's junk and snicker.

I can see his junk, but which part of his anatomy is the snicker? I can't keep up with the slang these days.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Trig Discipline posted:

I can see his junk, but which part of his anatomy is the snicker? I can't keep up with the slang these days.

The part with the nuts and filled with nougat - the part that satisfies. :pervert:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

cock hero flux posted:

how the gently caress can you start out trying to build a boat and end up failing so badly that you end up having to use the words "aggressive disintegration at the molecular level"

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Everyone basically should go to this thread and just look at chf's posts because he killed it

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
D&D Chat thread:

Joementum posted:

Today's the birthday of our 45th President.

EXAKT Science posted:

Bootsy Collins 2016

Joementum posted:

He's suited more for a Prime Minister role, you'd think.

e: hopefully this doesn't break the rules. Joementum's posts are the good parts, mine isn't particularly good except for the set-up.

EXAKT Science has a new favorite as of 00:38 on Oct 27, 2014

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
It's illegal and you're gonna be arrested

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hat Thoughts posted:

It's illegal and you're gonna be arrested

noooooo... I just think Joementum is a good and funny poster :ohdear:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I don't know if anyone will find this as funny as I did, but:

Eau de MacGowan is wondering about maintaining his grip on the bar with heavy deadlifts, and is told to use mixed grip (one hand under, one over, prevents the bar from rolling out of one's grip). Mixed grip is pretty much standard practice for heavy deadlifts where straps (transfers much of the weight to the wrists instead of the hands and assists grip) are not allowed.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Cool, thanks for the advice. I tried the mixed grip before and it felt much better, but I figured it was considered cheating.

Shine posted:

Punch whoever taught you how to deadlift.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

But he's the same guy that taught me how to punch!!!

Shine posted:

It's cheating to use a closed fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

Trig Discipline posted:

I was hoping like hell it'd be as fast as that.

Shame it took so long.

• Locked thread