Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I hate Jim Florentine so much.

I think people hate the fact that Opie is shoving Florentine down their throats. Florentine himself is hilarious, but Opie makes him do the same bit over and over again.

He killed it on Anthony's show just a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Did we all miss Jocktober yesterday or something?

It was even Todd 'Second to last in the ratings' Pettingil.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

Did we all miss Jocktober yesterday or something?

It was even Todd 'Second to last in the ratings' Pettingil.
Opie still didn't want to do it because "eeeeerngh that's an O&A thing uurrrggghhnnnnnn" but after Soder begged for it and they revealed Scott doing the loving intro he kinda had to give in

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
WHAT HAPPENED? SOME GUY GRABBED MY oval office!!!!!

edit: clicked wrong soder appearance, but still

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Don't really go out that much, but I was in a bar earlier tonight and I finally heard the Eagles chant/song.

I couldn't help but hear it over and over again in Ron's nasally Philly accent

"Floooi, Ehgles, floooi"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I really love the Back to the Future obsession of Ant's. And the commentary Virus show that had him blaming Goldie Wilson for everything.

1st1sHere
Nov 4, 2011
^ Thanks, didn't know Ant did a commentary will listen tonight.

I'm sure most already check out disco dogs uploads, but this was just...

Ron & Fez - Whatley's Dark Half (The Birth Of Inner Voice)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_HzdFacMYo&list=UUFKzRzwT28NDxFfxuq1vEmQ

I love the fact half way through somebody calls in and just goes, "what is going on."

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

This was posted on twitter. It's disturbing to actually see it for once.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

How Much Art posted:

This was posted on twitter. It's disturbing to actually see it for once.

jesus.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What am I looking at, other than Fez Whatley?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

pure uncut misery

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apoplexy posted:

What am I looking at, other than Wilford Brimley?
Sirius XM Comedy Hits Raw Dog All Stars Ron And Fez And Friends Talk Radio XL 99, for all your diabetes testing supplies

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's no Rainbow 'Stache or Toothbrush Mustache (that would also be known as THE HITLER), but it'll do. He IS far too grey to be a virgin, though.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Guys, be a little more sensitive, the man dropped his pen before the show... it's no wonder he was a wreck.

edit: I'm getting to the show now, I guess Ronnie was helping ol' Fezzy through a guided meditation, so it might be a picture of him doing that. I'm not sure if it was helpful or not...

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 28, 2014

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Someone needs to take that loving shirt away from him.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That shirt rally isn't that gay IMO.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
wheres shelby?

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

ChristianDB posted:

wheres shelby?

Last Friday he said he had some sort of personal issue and would need time off. No one has mentioned specifics, so I assume it's serious.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
It was a family thing, so probably a death.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

How Much Art posted:

Ronnie was helping ol' Fezzy through a guided meditation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIYzi1cW-9k&t=2037s

:lol:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Apoplexy posted:

A standalone fruit.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I was so happy to hear Josh Goodnaturedley back in studio

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Oh goodie, Opie's in a Twitter war with Keith Olbermann. I'm sure this will put Opie on the map as the King of Entertainment.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

TL posted:

Oh goodie, Opie's in a Twitter war with Keith Olbermann. I'm sure this will put Opie on the map as the King of Entertainment.

So, are you ready for Jim & Sam in the mornings on SiriusXM 103 The Jim Norton Channel/Ted's Transexual prostitute emporium?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Mike Tyson asking "who the gently caress is this guy?" half off-mic when he saw Dan Soder in studio made my week.

Soder merely sitting in studio is great.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Keith said "I'm not going to name any names, but..." but I'm pretty sure he described Travis as a person who has inquired about a position working for the Anthony Cumia Show. One of the descriptions was 'Has worked there for 8 years and has not received a raise.'

Man gently caress that.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Of those that are left Travis is the last part of "team anthony" so that'd make sense. Not to say he hated Opie or anything but I seem to recall him going to Anthony's parties and even staying there during Sandy. Erock and Sam seem more friendly with Opie.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Stokes posted:

Keith said "I'm not going to name any names, but..." but I'm pretty sure he described Travis as a person who has inquired about a position working for the Anthony Cumia Show. One of the descriptions was 'Has worked there for 8 years and has not received a raise.'

Man gently caress that.

I doubt that the Anthony Cumia show provides decent health insurance for their employees.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Droopy Goines posted:

I doubt that the Anthony Cumia show provides decent health insurance for their employees.

Well Ant could if it weren't for that pesky Obama. Remember, Anthony Cumia is a job creator and he employees groundskeepers and housekeepers that he trickles money down to, except when the government extorts their cut from him in taxes. When taxes go up he has to do without those kind of luxuries. (He doesn't, he just complains about it) If Travis wants health insurance he'll have to bootstrap himself out of Ant's pool and find it on his own.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Im listening to Patrices last appearance and its really sad since it was basically him and colin freaking out on each other. But the show they announce his stroke and after his death are real :unsmith:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Mayor Menino died.

for real this time

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

sba posted:

Mayor Menino died.

for real this time

R.I.P.

It's a shame there are some great clips missing from youtube. The two that I remember the most--that I cannot seem to find--was when he called his city "Bofuhston", and when he declared September 19th "WBZ Radio Day in the city of Baaawston".

I'll miss you and your byarns--err, barns, Mumbles. :gbsmith:

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Droopy Goines posted:

Actually he's been working on getting Rat, his board op, some health insurance for a while now. He might even have it by now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

quote:

Fans of the "Opie & Anthony Show” vowed to bring down SiriusXM this summer after the satellite radio company fired co-host Anthony Cumia for a series of racially charged tweets, but it doesn’t look like their boycott made much of a dent.

Nearly four months after an ardent hashtag campaign -- in which Cumia listeners attempted to convince SiriusXM subscribers to drop their subscriptions -- the station's subscriber base is at an all-time high. The company gained more than 433,871 paid subscribers during the three-month period that ended Sept. 30, the first full quarter since the boycott. SiriusXM, which reported quarterly earnings Tuesday, said it now has a record 26.7 million paid subscribers.

I hope they keep thinking they matter.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Harlock posted:

I hope they keep thinking they matter.

I just hope all the hatred towards the Opie Show dies down a little. I'm not the biggest fan of Opie, but enough is enough. Ant has his business, Jim is coming out a little more on the show, and Opie has gotten some guests in there along with getting Ron a solo Friday show. It would have been a lot worse.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I just hope all the hatred towards the Opie Show dies down a little. I'm not the biggest fan of Opie, but enough is enough. Ant has his business, Jim is coming out a little more on the show, and Opie has gotten some guests in there along with getting Ron a solo Friday show. It would have been a lot worse.
Iron Sheik vs Boys II Men had me cracking up out of nowhere. Opie and Jim contributed basically nothing to it, but they were crazy enough to put all of those people in the same room. There are still plenty of good moments, it's just that there's also way more poo poo like Cregg Shinkle appearances and Opie trying desperately to be a personality.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, Opie trying to go viral over Tyson admitting he was sexually abused. Great stuff. More, please.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I was at Starbucks drivethru today and noticed my car I've had for two years had a Sirius button! I clicked on it and sure enough I have Sirius on my car. No idea who the gently caress is paying for it if anyone is, but I guess I'm one of those subscribers. So I'll assume a whole bunch of their "subscribers" are people who own 2010 Ford Escapes and have never paid for it.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

therealjon_ posted:

So I'll assume a whole bunch of their "subscribers" are people who own 2010 Ford Escapes and have never paid for it.
Lmao what kind of percentage could it possibly be? I'm sure the previous owner forgot to remove the radio from his account and he's paying for it still, they'll shut off after that free trial/non-payment pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

therealjon_ posted:

I was at Starbucks drivethru today and noticed my car I've had for two years had a Sirius button! I clicked on it and sure enough I have Sirius on my car. No idea who the gently caress is paying for it if anyone is, but I guess I'm one of those subscribers. So I'll assume a whole bunch of their "subscribers" are people who own 2010 Ford Escapes and have never paid for it.
The old satellite radios would take a while to notice when they were activated or deactivated because they have to get the signal telling them they should permit/deny access piggybacked on that same satellite signal. A side effect is there is a limited number of activation/deactivation signals they send over any period, so if you have a radio that 'remembers' being active but was never actually powered on when the deactivation signal came through, it stays active. At least that's how it used to work, I assume they probably closed that loophole at some point or maybe just send random deactivation signals when they have spare bandwidth.

• Locked thread