Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I Before E posted:

Even though we weren't sure whether the TMPT or Harts were winning that tag match until like the week of because we completely forgot to actually write a finish in the doc, that entire PPV went off completely according to plan.

I seem to recall the six man match being some sort of elimination match, possibly held in an enclosure of some kind ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

IcePhoenix posted:

I seem to recall the six man match being some sort of elimination match, possibly held in an enclosure of some kind ;)

To quote a better wordsmith than me,

Dean Ambrose posted:

Nope

Was always a standard 6-man match.

We were going to add stips and whatnot, but decided against it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maybe I'm just getting it confused with a different plan we had for the future, then.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You are, in fact.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Senerio posted:

You are, in fact.

There were too many of them :saddowns:

Looking forward to seeing how Team Canada vs TMPT goes.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I Before E posted:

Fucktrain has set up a table on the outside! Sid gets back in the ring, and surprises Taz with a kick to the midsection! Fucktrain puts Taz in the powerbomb position, swivels his pelvis, and lifts Taz up for a Big Sweaty Bomb into the table on the floor!

Sid finally reappearing after a long hiatus I see :v:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

We were going to break the news that Mankind was going to win their world title but we got preempted for a dog fight.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Sid finally reappearing after a long hiatus I see :v:

poo poo, plus I called him Fucktrain Vicious in the match title. God dammit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I Before E posted:

poo poo, plus I called him Fucktrain Vicious in the match title. God dammit.

The secret's been out for a long time, don't feel too bad.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I didn't know Fucktrain being Sid was supposed to be a secret.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Nobody has guessed who Yummy Mummy is though. Although I suppose clues are harder to come by when a character doesn't talk and is a mindless, unstoppable curse monster unleashing his horrific delicious vengeance.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Nobody has guessed who Yummy Mummy is though. Although I suppose clues are harder to come by when a character doesn't talk and is a mindless, unstoppable curse monster unleashing his horrific delicious vengeance.

Uh, I already guessed Dean Malenko

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I Before E posted:

That's not Ciclope.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

Luigi Thirty posted:

That's not Ciclope.

Swerve: Madusa has been off-screen because Malenko was undergoing gender reassignment so he could take her place.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

Swerve: Madusa has been off-screen because Malenko was undergoing gender reassignment so he could take her place.

Wait, Yummy Mummy is Madusa?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Okay, jokes aside, Malenko is Ciclope and Terry Gordy is Yummy Mummy

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Usenet report from KnightOfRegal77 posted:

Monday Nitro kept the train to Slamboree going strong this week! Here's how it went down for those of you who were out getting drunk since it was the 5th:

Ric Flair opens the show, coming down the ramp with Sting and Luger to the Horsemen theme! Flair cuts a promo on the Flawless Diamonds. "With none other that the Nature Boy in Lex Luger's corner, there's NO! WAY! ON! EARTH! that the Total Package is gonna walk out of Slamboree without the AWA Championship! WOOO!" Luger thanks Flair for his support, and says that while he doesn't NEED any help, his friend is always welcome in his corner. Sting says that he just hopes Luger will still have time to help his tag team partner take down the Outsiders and reclaim those belt once he's a world champ. Luger reminds Sting that last time he was a double champion while teaming with Sting things got a little dicey, and Sting promises that if it becomes an issue, he'll just win the AWA title off Luger! Luger asks him to be sure not to invite Regal to the match this time.

The three share a laugh... until they're interrupted by Hulk Hogan! Hogan thinks all this lovey dovey garbage is pathetic. He knows that the Horsemen may be friendly now, but in the end they'll turn on each other. The Horsemen ALWAYS turn on each other before all is said and done. "But frankly, whether it's the Horsemen and the Diamonds, you're both just wasting everybody's time, jack! Nobody out in those stands came to see your little pissant feud. Nobody cares whether some so-called secret cabal of deluded nutjobs in robes OR a washed up squad Johnny-Come-Nobodies who've been hanging on to the KING of the nobodies Ric Flair coat-tails wins in the end. You know why? Because you both start from a faulty premise Brother. It ain't the Diamonds OR the Horsemen that control professional wrestling dude, IT'S HULKAMANIA! Hulkamania binds the world of wrestling together, and whether the latest incarnation of your Poor Horsemen are stealing it's spotlight, or the Ball-less Diamonds think they're running things behind the scenes, the Red and Yellow will always run wild!"

Flair simply smirks to his friends, and says "You know what Hulkster? When the Giant grabs you by your Immortal throat, and Chokeslams you so hard you go right through the mat, I'll remember you told us that. As for us, we've got WAAAY bigger fish to fry than you. You can bring back the 80's some other day." The Horsemen laugh and depart as Hogan seethes with anger at being totally dismissed. Hogan's character was a lot fresher this week! The change went over pretty well.

Dusty Rhodes interviews Konnan backstage. Konnan reminds us all that this Nitro falls on Cinco de Mayo. He mentions that Alex Wright has been lording that title over him and his friends like it means he's superior. But he's underestimated the wrestling traditions of Mexico, and tonight it's going to cost him. "I'm gonna bring that gold home, ese! For my compadre Santo, my student Heavy Metal, and most importantly, for every chicano around the country! VIVA LA MEHICO!"

Alex Wright vs Konnan with the Cruiser Title on the line! The Champ starts the match begging off from a few grappling attempts, obviously wary of Konnan, but the K-Dawg presses the issue by shoulder blocking him into the corner and going for the turnbuckle 10-Punch. Wright comes out of the corner pissed off and hits a nasty dropkick right to the chin in retaliation. Wright goes to the mat and works Konnan's neck and shoulder with a few cranks and elbow strike, but Konnan gets to his feet and whips the champ away, following up with a crowd-pleasing forward roll clothesline! With momentum in his favor, Konnan unloads a vertical suplex to soften Wright futher. He then sits him down on the top of the turnbuckle before clambering up to the second rope to set up Splash Mountain!

However, Konnan's hopes are snuffed out when Wright locks his legs on the ropes to block Konnan's attempts to hoist him into crucifix position! Konnan takes an elbow shot to the ear that leaves him dazed, allowing Wright to flip down from his perch and rush in to land the Jaeger Breaker out of nowhere! 1...2...3! Alex Wright retains his Cruiserweight Championship and happily mocks the crowd about how he's going to salt his celebratory margarita with their tears.

Backstage Lance Storm is fuming about last week and J+J+J's dirty win over the Thrillseekers. Christian tries to calm him down when they overhear some derisive laughter. The camera pans over to reveal the Public Enemy! Johnny Grunge says that despite the two of them being rising stars of the tag division they still think like kids. Back in Barb Wire City of somebody cheated you, you just cheated them right back instead of whining about it. Christian reminds them that WCW matches have rules and that they're not scumbags like the Jameses who will break them to win. Grunge replies "Well, if you're not willing to get your hands dirty, there is another solution: fight them in a match that doesn't have any rules at all." That comment catches their attention, and the two teams leave together. Public Enemy's return and their new character direction went over quite well.

Prior to the next match, Rey Misterio and Beulah McGillicuty come down to the ring. Beulah is wearing a tight shirt emblazoned with a pic of Rey's mask, and takes the opportunity to hype her client. "Now I know that when me and Rey are in the ring a lot of people can only think about one thing. I know how badly you want to see what this pesky little bit of cloth of hiding. And believe me boys, there's nothing I would love more than to let you take a quick peek! As a pro wrestling manager, and a certified Sweetheart, I know how important it is to make sure the fans get what they want to see. But I'm afraid that no matter how much you're aching to get a peak at... Rey Misterio's face, it's going to stay a secret! Because Ciclope can't defeat the Man of Mystery, and in the Mask vs Mask match, he'll be the one getting exposed!"

Rey Misterio, Jr. defeats Dan "The Beast" Severn. The Beast didn't seem impressed by Beulah's flirty comments and went after Rey before the bell even rang, taking him to the mat in an attempt to keep the high-flyer grounded. He target's Misterio's knee with legbars and kneebreakers to neutralize his offense, but Rey shows some versatility by hitting a few elbow strikes to Dan's ribs, and a theatrical DDT followed by a baseball slide! Still, Rey is noticeably slowed, and Severn moves on to targeting the shoulder to prepare for the Dragon Sleeper with occasional shots to the knee to keep Rey in too much pain to fly.

Things look bleak until Rey pulls out a desperation move, hitting a spear off an irish whip, then using his arms and his good leg to jump to the top of the turnbuckle and land a split-leg moonsault! Rey signals for the West Coast Pop, but his knee seems to be in too much pain for the jumping springboard. Instead, when Severn stands again he boots him in the gut and unloads a Sunset Flip Powerbomb! The announce team put this new move over as the Misterio Express and it earns Rey the 1-2-3.

Savage and Hawk confront Regal backstage, ask him what he thinks he's doing helping Nash. Regal tells them that a King owes no explanations to the rabble. "But there's something you should know that We already figured out: foolish beliefs like Macho Madness, and worn out legacies like that of the Road Warriors? They have no future in WCW thanks to the Flawless Diamonds. But the Regal dynasty does have a future, this alliance with Nash has made certain of that. We will continue to build that future by any means necessary... and if you two and every other worthless peasant in the locker room have to be our bricks, so much the better."

Arn Anderson defeats Bobby Eaton by DQ when Chris Benoit interferes. Bobby Eaton is looking for a bit of redemption, but Arn Anderson quickly shows why he was the wrong target for the ex-entrepreneur with pure power offense. A few body slams and knife edge chops suck the wind out of Eaton's sails early, and Arn seems to delight in toying with his opponent, shouting in his face about what a loser he is. Eaton does no go quietly and pulls out a few suplexes, taking advantage of Arn's arrogance.

Double A is stunned, and eager to capitalize Eaton actually locks in the Figure Four of all things! But he's picked the second worst possible target for that hold, and Arn quickly flips over to reverse the pressure. Arn grabs his foot so he can't release his leglock, and Eaton is forced to crawl for the ropes, but his screams make it clear he's not going to make it. He lifts his hand to tap out ONLY FOR CHRIS BENOIT TO RUN DOWN THE RAMP AND YANK EATON OUT OF THE RING! The ref rings to bell to give Arn the DQ victory, but our winner has no idea what's happened until Benoit enters the rings and puts the boots to him, forcing a quick escape.

Benoit cuts a promo after the match as Arn retreats, saying he's repaying Anderson for his actions from last week. "Anderson, you said you plan on ruining my life, making sure I never win another match and end up penniless in the gutter. But you don't realize what a mistake that promise was. If you're going to make sure all I have to look forward to is misery and pain... that means I have nothing to lose! And that means that I will do ANYTHING to beat you at Slamboree... even if The Crippler has to end up Crippled HIMSELF to do it!"

Booker T defeats Evad Sullivan. Evad seems a little lost without his Uncle Kevin at ringside, and Booker hesitates when the bell rings... but Evad suddenly strikes first with a Lou Thez Press and starts punching Booker in the face! Booker escapes and starts working over his opponent with kicks and rope-running offense, clearly no longer conflicted. The two trade moves for a while, but Evad seems to be taking the worst of it until he gives Booker a thumb to the eye and then rakes his back and moves in for a German Suplex. Booker fights back with nasty elbows to the head, and once he gets loose her locks up with Evad and gives him a few knees to the face, and a sidewalk slam! His opponent is clearly done, and Booker mercifully pulls him back to his feet and hits the Book End to put the match away.

After the match, Booker's celebration is interrupted when the Yummy Mummy lurches down the ramp! Booker stands his ground and rushes the Mummy as he climbs through the ropes, but his offense proves as ineffective as anyone before him! Kicks and punches are shrugged off, and an attempt to land the Book End leads to Booker eating a backbreaker instead! The Mummy pulls him up looking for the Rainbomb, but Booker manages to shake free and retreats up the ramp. The Mummy makes a few vaguely taunting gestures and Booker simply seems confused as to why he's been targeted.

Bobby Heenan cuts a promo backstage. He tells WCW fans that his revenge on Rick Steiner will be so brutal, so outrageous, so stupendous, so deadly, that it defies all description! The Merciless Meng almost ended Ric Flair's career in the Elimination Chamber. Meng is a future WCW Champion, but until he gets another shot at that title he has nothing to occupy his mind other than thoughts of inflicting pain. When he gets into the ring at Slamboree, there will be no more kid gloves for the Heenan Family in this quest for retribution, and the Dog-Faced Gremlin will finally pay!

Eddy Guerrero vs V.K. Wallstreet for the TV Title! Wallstreet is riding high off his "win," over the mighty Chris Benoit and his takeover of Eaton's Weiners, and he goes at it full throttle. Eddy easily matches his pace, and the two trade explosive spots! The match was a suplex bonanza, each man bringing out every variant they could think of, but Eddy's superior agility leaves him able to avoid a few and come out ahead of the exchange. Wallstreet falls back to striking, and gains some ground with a few big body blows, but Eddy takes it to the mat with a drop toehold into a cloverleaf! From this point forward Eddy targets the knee with some flashy offense, like countering a big boot into a half-crab, landing a precision dropkick right to the kneecap, and putting Wallstreet into a full Surfboard!

Desperate, Wallstreet nails Eddy with a snake eyes and hits a running elbow drop. He limps over to turnbuckle and tries to scale it, hoping for the Write Off, but his damaged knee makes it impossible to climb. He stubbornly keeps trying to climb.... allowing Eddy to German Suplex him off the second rope! Wallstreet is out like a light and Eddy quickly hops onto the turnbuckle and delivers a monster Frog Splash to follow up. The ref counts the three, and Eddy retains the Television Championship. Wallstreet's character was pretty stale

After the match the Diamonds theme plays and.... Madusa comes out! She asks Eddy if he was expecting someone else? She says she's come to give him a message on Raven's behalf. "Give him the TV title match before the night is over, or he writes the final chapter of the Fall of the House of Guerrero." The Turnertron shows a feed from the arena boiler room, where two men in a familiar set of wrestling tights are tied to chairs with hoods over their heads! Raven appears from off-camera with a tire iron, and says three words: "Quoth the Raven." The feed cuts out, and Eddy books it up the ramp at top speed.

Brian James appears at the top of the ramp with a microphone. "Perk up those ears folks! It's your old friend Brian James! Tonight's a very special night, and just like all the rest of you slobs who know the REAL reason for the season and are pounding back margaritas and tequila shots, we've got cause to celebrate. Because the Three J's are back in the building, and we are LIVIN' LARGE! Last week our newest member led our illustrious organization to a victory over the all-mighty Thrillseekers. And soon enough he'll lead us to being TWO TIME TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD! But tonight, that man is gonna put the hurt on somebody all by his lonesome. So, please rise in respect, or stay seated if you're too fat or drunk to get your legs workin', and follow along if you know the words: LLLLLLLLadies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of All Ages! J plus J plus J proudly brings to you, that B-to-the-A-to-the-D, A-Double-Sizzling-Slashmarks, THE BAD rear end, JAMES WINCHESTER!" Winchester enters, grabs the mike and concludes the intro with "And if you're not down with that, I GOT FOUR WORDS FOR YA! KISS MY BAD rear end!"

James Winchester (w/ Brian James at ringside) defeats Disco Inferno. Disco never really gets off the ground in this match, as his early offense of roundhouse kicks and neckbreakers are completely avoided or countered. Winchester cuts him down to size with a brutal backbreaker and an Alabama Slam, and works him over almost without resistance from that point. Disco does take once chance at a comeback by hitting an inverted atomic drop off an Irish whip, and kicks the wounded Winchester to position him for the Chart Buster! But the Third J shoves him into the ropes to counter, follows by kneeing him in the gut, and nails the Famouser! The three-count is academic.

A cameraman has followed Eddy into the depths of the arena, where he's clearly exhausted from the high-octane title defense and the constant searching with no break in between. Eddy stops to catch his breath, only to hear someone shouting for "Uncle Eddy," from nearby. There's a shakeycam chase and when the camera catches up we see Raven choking one of his hostages out with the Tire Iron!

Raven demands Eddy give him the TV Title Shot at Slamboree, then slams the iron full force into a nearby wooden box, breaking it open to illustrate what will happen if he refuses. Eddy has no choice and agrees. Raven retreats into the darkness and Eddy moves to untie the hostages, asking Chavo if he's alright... but the man tied to the chair isn't Chavo, only a stagehand! The other man is also a backstage worker, who tells him Chavo and Hector weren't even here tonight, their flight was delayed. Latino Heat has fallen for Raven's mindgames and given the Diamonds exactly what they wanted! Both of these guys were fantastic at improv in this segment!

After commercial, Scott Norton and Brutus Briefcase wait in the ring with Mitchell at ringside. Shinya Hashimoto enters at the ramp and speaks briefly: "Fire's master arranged a new partner to replace Ice Train after I vanquished him. But the Ice which compliments MY fire is not so easily replaced. Glacier remains wounded... but for tonight, I have found a... suitable substitute." Hashimoto makes way and respectfully lowers his head... so that THE WCW CHAMPION RANDY SAVAGE CAN JOIN HIM! They nod to each other and rush the ring!

"Macho Man" Randy Savage and Shinya Hashimoto defeat Scott Norton and Brutus Briefcase. The match starts with the two teams brawling in the ring as the ref tries to get control, and eventually Savage and Hashi clean house and toss Briefcase out. The Shogun stays in and batters Norton in view of his manager, sending a clear message to James Mitchell and even taking time out to taunt him between big power moves... unfortunately this gives Norton the time he needs to recover and unload a nasty headbutt followed by a Samoan drop! With Hashimoto laid out Norton tries to capitalize, dragging him back to his feet by the hair and giving him a few chops, but Hashimoto comes back with a nasty exploder suplex!

This move leaves Norton in his own corner, and Briefcase tags himself in and bull rushes Hashimoto, taking advantage while he's still a bit woozy and hitting a verticle suplex. He immediately follows up by locking in his famous Sleeper Hold. Hashi fades quickly despite his attempts to struggle his way to the ropes, and soon the ref is raising and dropping his arm once.... twice... HASHI REVIVES! He forces his way to his feet and elbows Briefcase in the gut repeatedly until he gets free, then makes the hot tag to Savage! The World Champ unloads a hurricane of offense on Briefcase, hitting slams, knee strikes and axehandles. Briefcase is totally overwhelmed, and when Savage lays him out with a clothesline and signals for the Elbow Drop, he can't even try to move out of the way. Macho Man's finisher hits home and he picks up the three.

Kid Rock cuts a promo in the ring. He seems nervous, but says that he won't give in to DDP's tactics. The US Title shot offer still stands, and he'll fight DDP any time, anywhere. As he speaks he continually checks over his shoulder, gives the crowd careful looks, and when a Cameraman comes in for a closeup he quickly backs away, clutching at his title belt. He repeats "Any time, anywhere," a few more times as he slowly makes his exit back up the ramp, watching all angles for the run in... but nobody comes.

Backstage Hall, Nash and Diamond Dallas Page meet in the hallway leading to the ring entrance. Hall asks the two men if they're in agreement about the plan for tonight. Page promises to do his part, saying that this will make leaving Kid Rock alone this week worth it, even more than that hilarious tough guy act in the ring already did. Nash says that he's ready, and that after tonight Luger might never be the same. Hall and DDP improvised well in this bit

Its the Main Event! The Flawless Diamonds (Hall, Nash and DDP) vs the Four Horsemen (Luger, Flair and Sting)!. The match is a real showcase for DDP and Sting in the early part of the bout as both guys show off some flashy big-hit offense, and Hall gets great heat by sleazily avoiding Ric Flair's attacks at all costs and sneaking in some dirty shots, showing that perhaps Flair's boast that no trick the Diamond's try to pull will get past him isn't a sure thing. But the real story of this match is Lex Luger.

Luger comes into the match off a hot tag right after an exhausted Flair finally scores on Hall with a neckbreaker. As he did with Flair, Hall begs off and fights dirty, sneaking in eye rakes and boots to the lower abdomen and thigh that are a bit too close to DQ territory for comfort. As this goes on, Kevin Nash is tossing insults at the Total Package, taunting him and saying that he doesn't have to guts to take on a REAL number one contender when he had his title shot GIFTED to him. Luger quickly grows furious, and just when he finally starts to score some offense on Hall he lets him go, demanding that he tag in his partner. Hall moves to tag in Nash... and tags in DDP instead! DDP jumps the ropes, looking ready to kick it into high gear, and then SLAPS LUGER FULL IN THE FACE. DDP laughs like a maniac, and Luger can't even believe what just happened SO DDP SLAPS HIM AGAIN, THEN MAKES THE 'BANG,' SIGN RIGHT IN HIS FACE.

Luger charges like a mad bull, taking DDP to the mat and punching his face mercilessly to the point where the ref has to break it up. Meanwhile, Nash keeps slinging mud, jeering that Luger punches like a girl and that his Forearm Smash is garbage and the Torture Rack never works because he just ends up being kicked in the stomach if he uses it. DDP grapples Luger into hammerlock... then slaps him in the back of the head and lets him go. Luger's entire body flushes red and he looks on the verge of the breakdown as DDP continues to launch disrespectful faux offense and the Outsiders continue to insult him, and finally he grabs DDP by the throat and THROWS him into the Hostile Corner, screaming for Nash to tag in. Big Sexy comically pantomime's thinking about it... and finally touches a single finger to DDP's shoulder.

Luger launches himself at him the second he's the legal man and knocks him off the apron, chasing him to the outside. Luger puts a monster beating onto Nash, screaming like a madman in pure rage. Nash gives as good as he gets, unloading several huge hits, but Luger's anger seems to be keeping him from feeling the shots. Nash is quickly worn down, and Luger picks him up into the Torture Rack right there on the outside! Nash resolutely refuses to tap out for a LONG period of time, but Luger doesn't even seem to notice as he shouts at Hall and DDP to come try and break the hold, DARING them to help their friend. But the Flawless Diamonds just keep their distance and chuckle... because the Referee has just counted 10. The match ends in a No Contest by Double Count Out!

Luger seems completely in shock as he drops Nash, like he can't believe what he just did, what he allowed the Diamonds to trick him into doing. Flair and Sting seem similarly stunned. The Diamonds help their teammate to his feet... and Nash has a big laugh at the Total Package's expense as Nitro goes off the air.

The Main Event was great and there were quite a few awesome segments (Hashimoto and Savage's team up was badass!) but the midcard as a whole wasn't up to it's usual caliber and it hurt the show overall. I'd say this was a B- Show

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Usenet Report from HeelColorCommentator posted:

I've got spoilers from the taping of the first episode of WCW Worldwide, the new B-show! Check it out:

Eric Bischoff welcomes the fans to WCW Worldwide! The show has a new set with a motif that's less Scifi and more Steel Mill. Bischoff says Worldwide will be the forge where future stars of wrestling are hammered into shape... unless they get shattered!

Rob Van Dam defeat Champagne Chris Kanyon with the Five-Star Frog Splash

Dusty Rhodes interviews Hashimoto. The Shogun says that tonight the fans will witness Mortis' evil once again. He asks that they remember what they see, and understand why he must be stopped.

El Hijo del Santo defeats Mark Starr with the Tope de Cristo

Ciclope speaks to Psicosis, saying that it's not a foolish risk to challenge Misterio to mask vs mask. Nobody will ever see the true face of the All-Seeing Eye, and Misterio will be banished from Lucah forever. Psicosis doesn't speak, but Ciclope responds as if he does.

Aaron Muhammad and Nelson X (w/ Teddy Long) defeat Chavo Guerrero and Ultimo Dragon

Teddy Long says that like the Asian and White Man, the Mexicans are a blight on the black community, and tonight the Nation proved once again that it will crush all enemies with the power of the Righteous Fist!

Mortis (w/ James Mitchell) defeats Disco Inferno by submission with the Scream Machine

After the match, Mortis beats down a defeated Disco while Mitchell laughs about it.

Madusa cuts a promo. She's here on this inaugural Worldwide to remind WCW that just because a show is new doesn't mean the Diamonds don't control it. And she's also here to remind the fans that she may be a woman, but she can defeat anyone in WCW just as easily as the other Diamonds... even a former Number One Contender!

Main Event: Madusa defeats Heavy Metal with the Black Wing Suplex

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 21, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DreamerT@aol.com posted:

I managed to catch the taping the weirdest episode of Shotgun Saturday Night.

Vic Venom introduces the show, interrupted by 3-Count dance number

Goldust hype video

Dark Carnival/LoV, LoV win after botched ICP interference. This was good as hell, and long to boot. It was like 15 minutes, and there was this Stump Puller to Ankle Lock transition that blew me away

Doink and Vampiro beat down ICP and leave them laid out in the ring
vignette. "Next week... A familiar face from the Undertaker's past... will return." Clips of Summerslam 1994 and the associated storyline are shown, including Leslie Nielsen investigating.

Longer Version of that Graveyard Hype Video from Monday

Mark Henry vs. Road Dogg Dudley, 30

Angle pre-tape. "Oh it's true, It's drat true! Kurt Angle is making waves in the World Wrestling Federation!"

Chicken Neck on a Pole match between Roadblock and Kal Kirby ends prematurely when special referee Scotty Bollea hits his finisher, the Bollea Bomber clothesline, on both competitors and the unlucky chicken neck on the pole. When he tries to Bollea Bomber the chicken neck, he misses and falls to the floor before getting up, brushing himself off, and celebrating nonetheless. Somehow this was not the worst match I have ever seen on Shotgun Saturday Night.

You can blame thank me for the final match.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Da whole show really built up ta DAT match! DAT booker is a friggen GENIUS! :russo:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Senerio posted:

Chicken Neck on a Pole match between Roadblock and Kal Kirby ends prematurely when special referee Scotty Bollea hits his finisher, the Bollea Bomber clothesline, on both competitors and the unlucky chicken neck on the pole. When he tries to Bollea Bomber the chicken neck, he misses and falls to the floor before getting up, brushing himself off, and celebrating nonetheless. Somehow this was not the worst match I have ever seen on Shotgun Saturday Night.

What's the point of PPV's if you give this stuff away for free!?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Ever since the newLegacy stream, I'd been looking for an excuse to sneak that match in. I found one, and dropped it in.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
All caught up on the save file now. Running the next set of shows, including ECW's first ever Pay-Per-View, on Sunday.

Dirtsheets from the last two weeks will go up after Hardcore TV is posted.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So have there been any timeline divergences?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Albert Einstein shook Vic Venom's hand and disappeared him from the universe.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Dreamsicle posted:

So have there been any timeline divergences?

One, although it's puro related so it doesn't directly impact any of our teams. Prograps has the scoop.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 22, 2014

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NewJack420 posted:

Last Hardcore TV before the PPV, I was so stoked to see the go home show. Had some drinks before the show again but I managed to catch the last two of the dark matches. The Pitbulls basically slaughtered Chris Chetti and Ricky Banderas. Not much to say except the Pitbulls looked like monsters.

Billy Kidman was out next, he still had some fire about him despite losing the past few weeks. That faded fast when Purple Haze hit and Al Snow came out. Snow got the win after hitting the Snow Plow. This was actually a pretty open match with both guys getting some offence in, plus it went the same length as the main and was just as good.

---

The main show opened with a pre-taped Piper's Pit. Roddy Piper was sitting on the right. On the left, in a chair, was a framed portrait... of Roddy Piper. "Today's guest is someone near and dear to all our hearts, especially my heart, Rowdy Roddy Piper. Now, at last, I know the answers and the questions, so I can change my questions first, so I don't even know the answers!

Now Roddy, you've been talking a lot of garbage about Barb Wire City. But, uh, can ya go into detail about what you don't like about it? Well, sure, Roddy. Philadelphia STINKS! And the worst part, you people all know it! You know it! And you love it anyway! You wallow in your own filth like the pigs you are, eating your cheesesteaks. You guys DO know that real civilization calls them HEROES, just like me!

Yeah, I know why you hate me! It's because I'm successful, and I'm rich, and you people all know, you KNOW, that you want to be just like me, Rowdy Roddy Piper. Well, I'm gonna give you the chance to get to know me juuuuuuuuuuust a little bit better. Your little hardcore garbage convention? Hardcore Rising? I'm gonna be there! I'm gonna drive my brand-new Jaguar right into the gate of your little party and eat all the hors d'oeuvres and puke on all the women just like a reeeeeal ECW fan! I just gotta see this catastrophe for myself! Course it's a long way from here to Philadelphia, so..."

Piper stood up and walked offscreen. The video cut to Piper getting into a brand-new Jaguar. "Better get goin' now, eh?" The tires squealed and he drove away.

---

After the promo we cut back to ringside for our opening match. First out was Flash N' Kash, Kid Kash and Flash Flanagan. Flanagan was announced as Flash Funk. Guess someone back stage was reading Prograps! Once they got in the ring the lights dimmed out, most of the fans caught on fast and started to chant "Power Trip!" From behind the entrance curtain as a fish bowl was chucked out.

The glass shattered!

The arena filled up with blue lights as the Blue Man Power Trip stomped down to the ring. The Blue Meanie and Mikey Whipwreck versus Flash N' Kash. Both teams beat the snot out each other, Whipwreck doing most of the work for the Power Trip. Whipwreck managed to hit the Whippersnapper on Kid Kash and tagged in Meanie, who climbed to the top rope to set up for his Moonsault but got knocked down to the mat when Flash ran in taking out both Meanie and Whipwreck. Nova burst into the ring and started fightin with Flash, they both toppled over to the outside. In all the confusion a recovered Kash got the schoolboy on Meanie, pulling on his tights getting him the quick win.

Kid Kash couldn't believe he got the win. Flash joined him in the ring and they were both ecstatic, jumping arounding and fisting the air. They flipped the birds and taunted the Power Trip as they headed back stage which got jeers from the fans. They both got mics and cut a promo.

"Now hold on, you people shouldn't be booing us! You should be worshipping the ground that we walk on, showing us some respect and what not. Why? Cause that group of cyan nutcases, the so called most defining people in the history of the entire goddamn world or whatever the hell they said... Well, we just whooped their asses!"

"That's right Kash, and you know what it pisses us off that we're clearly the most defining yadda yadda team in this business and we don't even got a chance at a number one contender's match at Hardcore Rising!"

"So we're going to prove to you that we can kick anyone's asses this weekend! We are offering a chance for anyone to step in the ring with us at Hardcore Rising and get their butts kicked! Maybe then y'all will finally see some sense."

This was like their match, garbage.

---

Next up was the Sandman taking on Bull Pain. Sandman's usual entrance took a while, but everyone was into it so you can't complain. By the time he finally got to the ring he was drenched in beer, sweat, and ready for a fight. He quickly took it to Bull Pain, beating him around the ring with his Signapore Cane, He tossed Bull outside and whipped him into the guard rail, taking the time to down another beer. Finally Sandman brought the match back to the ring and hit a White Russian leg sweep. 1-2-3 and that's that. Nothing special, just your usual Sandman brawl.

Sandman celebrated in the ring after his victory, holding his cane high in the air while he shotgunned a beer. Then he grabbed a microphone.

"Al Snow, last week you jumped me 'cause you knew you couldn't stand up to me and my Singapore cane one-on-one. You think you can beat the Sandman? I want your rear end in this ring, this week at Hardcore Rising! Or are you gonna be a little poo poo and avoid the beating that's coming to you?"

Al Snow's music hit and he came out cradling his creepy mannequin head. He very slowly walked out to the ring. He climbed up onto the apron and gave Sandman a dead-eyed stare. Sandman took a step toward him with the cane and he didn't even move. He looked deeply into the eyes of Head, seeming to be in conversation. Perfect moment for Sandman to take him out, but he just looked a bit creeped out or disgusted. Snow put Head back under his arm and said just two words, "I accept." Then he turned around and leaves.

Sandman just looked dumbfounded. He shook his head, shotgunned another beer and headed out through the crowd.

---

Cut to a backstage set with Francine and the Pitbulls. Francine had them by their dog chains as she started to talk, the Pitbulls snarled and leered at the camera throughout the segment.

"Hey there boys, it's the girl that's too much for any one man to handle. That's why I've got myself these two men to take care of me. 'Cause these two aren't any old men now, they're the man-beasts, the Pitbulls. You see, last week was just a taste of what my men were capable of, and surprise surprise Tommy and Jimmy weren't up for the challenge. Now at Hardcore Rising we take on Kensuke Sasaki and Satoshi Kojima. I'll speak real slow like so the two of you can understand me clearly.

If you two are dumb enough to show up this weekend, then I'm afraid my beasts here will send you both packing back to the land of the rising sun."

---

It was time for our main event, it's the ECW Champion Shane Douglas teaming up with the Tag Team Champions D'Lo Brown and Bobby Walker taking on Kurt Angle, Barabas Jr. and the TV Champion "Bulldozer" Brian Lee.

Walker and Angle started off with Angle dominating the first part of the match, weakening his legs and wearing him down with slow grapples and holds, crowd did not react well. Lee started shouting to get tagged in wanting a piece of the action but Angle just ignored him, Lee looked livid and just shouted more. Barabas Jr. went and sat next to Gertner and started shooting the poo poo on commentary, friend who was watching at home told me he said "Look at Lee, he looks like he's about to explode! Do you really think I want to be standing next to him, considering I'll be winning the belt off him this weekend!?"

Walker managed to break away from Angle and tagged in D'Lo who started taking it to Angle, even hitting him with a sweet sitout powerbomb. He climbed a turnbuckle to set up for his frog splash but got thrown down by Barabas Jr., bastard was biding his time. Angle then started to work over D'Lo, giving him the same slow painful treatment he gave Walker. Looked like it was going to be all over when Angle started lifting D'Lo up for the Angle Slam, but D'Lo swiftly reversed it into a spinebuster! D'Lo started to crawl over to his corner managing to make the tag to Douglas as Angle climbed back onto his feet.

The place started to go ballistic as Angle and Douglas stared down each other in their respective corners. The crowd started chanting "gently caress him up Douglas, gently caress him up!" They were both revving up, it looked like they were going to collide in the middle of the ring... until Brian Lee tagged himself in. Man the crowd started screaming at Lee, guy was a massive dick. Hell even Angle started screaming at Lee as the two of them started to argue, looked like they were about to have it off... until Barabas Jr. tagged himself in while those two were distracted. Dude, thought Lee and Angle looked angry before? They looked like they were ready to murder someone after that. Barabas Jr. darted straight for Douglas, only to run straight into a lariat and get slammed to the mat. D'Lo got tagged in as Shane and Walker went after Brian and Angle respectively, brawling with them long enough for D'Lo to climb to the top rope and hit the Lo Down on Barabas Jr., 1, 2, 3.

After the bell rang, Angle got right up in Douglas' face and they started talking mad trash at each other. They each looked like they wanted to kill each other. Jim Molineaux tried to keep them apart but he got violently shoved to the ground by Angle. Guys started running out from backstage, running to backstage, and eventually we had D'Lo, Bobby Walker, Kidman, Tommy Dreamer, Paul E., I think I even saw Tod Gordon come out. Douglas yelled "gently caress it!" and tried to take a swing at Angle, but D'Lo caught his arm before it made contact. They all held the two of them apart while Paul E. was yelling something about saving it for the weekend and eventually got Angle out through the crowd and Douglas to the back.

Looking good heading into the PPV, another (E-)C-(-DUB).

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 23, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Can't wait to see what you dudes do with Piper. Love the way you've built him.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

---

The Pitbulls take on the team of Kensuke Sasaki & Satoshi Kojima, winners become the number one contenders for the ECW Tag Team Championships!

ECW TV Champion "Bulldozer" Brian Lee defends his title against one half of the Tag Team Champions D'Lo Brown and Barabas Jr. in a three way dance!

Kid Kash & Flash Funk, Flash N' Kash have issued an open challenge for anyone to face them in tag competition! Who will answer their challenge?

The Sandman faces off against the demented Al Snow in a match that will be sure to please blood nuts and hardcore fans!

Wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper will be making an appearance at the show, will the hot rod find that he's still the hot stuff in front of the ECW crowd?

The king of extreme, the ECW World Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas defends his title and the cult of extreme against the olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle! Will hardcore wrestling die on this upcoming night? Or will the so-called savior of ECW have to be carried out with a broken freaking neck!?

---

Get in touch with your local on demand provider to view this event!

I Before E posted:

Can't wait to see what you dudes do with Piper. Love the way you've built him.

Credit where credit is due, Luigi30 writes and handles all of the Piper stuff and he's super great at it.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 23, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Crisis on Infinite Wrestling Companies has caused a temporal anomaly in WCW! Staffers, please enter the IRC room! :siren:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

---

The Pitbulls take on the team of Kensuke Sasaki & Satoshi Kojima, winners become the number one contenders for the ECW Tag Team Championships!

ECW TV Champion "Bulldozer" Brian Lee defends his title against one half of the Tag Team Champions D'Lo Brown and Barabas Jr. in a three way dance!

Kid Kash & Flash Funk, Flash N' Kash have issued an open challenge for anyone to face them in tag competition! Who will answer their challenge?
BMPT
The Sandman faces off against the demented Al Snow in a match that will be sure to please blood nuts and hardcore fans!

Wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper will be making an appearance at the show, will the hot rod find that he's still the hot stuff in front of the ECW crowd? Yes

The king of extreme, the ECW World Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas defends his title and the cult of extreme against the olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle! Will hardcore wrestling die on this upcoming night? Or will the so-called savior of ECW have to be carried out with a broken freaking neck!?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
No one has guessed who David Schreck is?

I can promise today... the answer will be revealed.

Any last guesses before I post the answer with a developmental show write up?

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

(Thanks for RKOrton for help coming up with titles.)

Welcome to Prograps Unlimited, Issue 43!

Good evening marks! We couldn't bring you an issue last week, so this will have two weeks' worth of news.

Ratings Update: Raw got 3,40, Nitro 3,41 for the week before In Your House. Nitro then went up to 3,50 and Raw to a 3,42. Deadly Game pulled 266,000 pay-per-view buys, down from WrestleMania's 340,000 but beating out Spring Stampede's 226,000 buys.

She Does Hardcore: ECW have made several contract offers this week, mostly trying to get hold of some new midcard faces. Notable confirmed offers are to Japanese deathmatch wrestler Masato Tanaka, and to porn star Jenna Jameson who is expected to work as a manager for another of their new signings.

Blue Men vs. Power Trip: Fans who were at the Raw is War show in Ottawa noticed that the Dark Carnival were painted blue when they came out for a dark match. This was apparently the result of a pre-match rib. Steve Austin had brought some paint bombs backstage and used them on Doink and Vampiro, ruining their facepaint right before they were to go out and wrestle. Because it was the dark match, WWF officials took no action against Austin for the rib but the victims of it took it very badly.

Crippling the Competition: There's been a surge of online support for Chris Benoit after his great showing in the tag team match at Spring Stampede. In our Wrestler of the Month poll for April, he beat out Owen Hart for the top spot. Is a new smark favorite born?

Kaze Ni Nare: Japanese pro wrestler turned MMA icon Minoru Suzuki has been offered a considerable amount of money to return to the wrestling business and sign with NJPW. Last year New Japan fell into a slump and were forced to release many of their stars, and they see Suzuki’s crossover appeal as a potential big draw. However, Suzuki has stated that he still wants to fight in Pancrase, and will not wrestle for NJPW on a full-time schedule.

4% Body Fat, 0% Interest: Lex Luger's contract came up for renewal recently in WCW, and he quickly signed on for another long contract. The WWF did not make an offer - when asked, a WWF booker responded that WCW "can keep his steroidal rear end".

Hot Scotch: There was a fight backstage before Hardcore TV as Roddy Piper was present to tape his vignettes to be aired on the show. The Sandman showed up very drunk, interrupted filming and wouldn't leave. Eventually he was taken away and told to sober up before the show, but no disciplinary action was taken. The incident was caught on tape but the ECW production crew wouldn't sell us the tape.

Finally, some sad news. WWF Hall of Famer and former NWA United States Champion Bobo Brazil is dead. He suffered a heart attack at his house in Benton Harbor last week, and passed away in a hospital. Bobo was 73 and is survived by his six children.

----------

Check in every week for the biggest news in the Monday Night War and more!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

www.IndieWrestlingOnline.net posted:

GCW BATTLE LINES @ The Sanford Civic Center, Athens GA
Thursday, May 1st, 1997

This sold out show, with 1,300 in attendance, was to showcase the developmental talent of the WCW brand. Many fans at this show were personal fans of the WCW product, but they (like myself) were not huge fans of the developmental talent, all of whom show promise but many are rusted and need work to become bigger and better draws, especially in the cutthroat world of professional wrestling. When they make it to the main WCW stage, will they be able to handle themselves against big dogs like Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan? I suppose time will tell. Right now I doubt it. I'll give my thoughts on the individuals as they arrive.

On to the show proper. Like many developmental programs, there is very little storyline and it's mostly showing off the new talent that was acquired by the Atlanta based promotion. We immediately start off with a back and forth tag team match between the team of Hyson and Moore vs the team of Pearce and Storm. Matt and Shannon have some chemistry and could develop into a better tag team in the future, but first they need to get their act together here. Shannon's cocky attitude in the ring seems to get in the way of Matt's sheepish underdog persona and overshadows his partner some. However, being faces, it gives them a big brother little brother emotion that isn't seen much in today's wrestling world. Meanwhile, Adam and James are some what incompatiable. Both have the big badass brute attitude of classic professional wrestlers, but James have a kind of goofy gimmick as an outlaw gunslinger does detract from their team somewhat. Adam didn't seem interested in the whole cowboy thing and went for a very technical style of old school wrestling. They work great with the heel moves and tactics, but they need more time and possibly better gimmicks to really form into a true team. I don't see much potential with them. As the match went on there were some incredible spots, but the highlight was the finish when Hyson and Moore did an incredible Doomsday Acid Drop on Pearce and dropped him like a sack of potatoes, and while Moore went for the pin Hyson dropkicked Storm out of the ring. Solid match but all four guys need improvement. The DAD was very sloppy and almost took Moore out when Hyson didn't get the height he needed from the top rope to accomplish it properly. Future ladder spot, by chance?

The next match was Prince Iaukea versus Lenny Lane. As many of you know, Iaukea was demoted back to developmental to learn more before making a triumphant return to WCW as a more well rounded pro but he's still not getting any better since then, being somewhat stubborn. He's okay overall, but just nothing special, and would probably be best suited as a jobber in my opinion. Lane, on the other hand, is showing great progress since the last time we've seen him. Still, this match wasn't that great. At one point they just seemed to rush the finish. It kind of came out of nowhere with hitting the Swan Dive Headbutt and pin after somewhat being dominated by Lane, who was using dirty heel tactics to tire Iaukea out but then after only one smack let the Prince climb to the top rope. What? Crowd thought this match stunk, but I was a little more on board with it. It just could be better, you know?

Next we got a GCW Women's Title match, with champion Lexie Fyfe going up against Mariko Yoshida. Lexie is a classic female wrestler while Mariko comes off as being a gimmick, with her flashy attire and entrance. Apparently Fyfe wasn't having that and just dominated Mariko during this match. Not total crap but I gotta agree with the fans, who booed this match out of the arena. Possibly internet wrestling fans who know of the joshi wrestling in japan, or mysoginists? The world may never know. Anyway, Fyfe hit the Attitude Adjustment on Mariko. I don't like that name but that's what the commentators called it.

In a weird turn of events the next match was a three way dance for the GCW National. Champion James Earl came out hoisting his belt up high. That's not the weird part. The weird part was he's still doing that stupid cop gimmick he had in WCW before he was moved to developmental. It's sad too because he's getting way better than he was with that jobber State Patrol tag team. His main opponent in this was Robert Brookside who is just stagnating. He sells well though. Also in the match was TJ Wilson, the rising star of the Hart Dungeon. But... he's a teenager. I'm not joking, he's sixteen years old! He's going to be a star one day, for sure. He needs a lot of work and is quite green, but his training with the Hart's has definately made him into a future super star with WCW. Keep an eye out for this guy at the turn of the century. Anyway, the match was mainly just Brookside taking his time teasing Wilson and Earl putting a stop to it and what offense TJ got off was somewhat well executed. Sadly, the match ended with a wakeup call for the kid in the form of a boot from Earl into Brookside, leading to Brookside falling outside of the ring and Wilson being knocked out cold for the pin.

Malia Hosaka comes out to the ring to cut a promo on Chaparita Asari for some reason, attempting to get her to come out for a match. The crowd is immediately beginning to crap all over this segment until JJ Dillon comes out instead. He says that Chaparita is not here tonight, since she wasn't scheduled. The crowd is just as confused as I am. He does, however, propose the possibility of getting Malia a match with Chaparita in the future if she agrees to be his client as he, as he puts it, would really like to "work closer with the ladies." At this point, the crowd makes the same UGH noise I make. The lights suddenly go red in the arena and a huge cloud of smoke comes from out under the ring. When the smoke dissapates there stands... a reject from the Lost Boys. He is announced as David Schreck, he comes into the ring and locks eyes with Malia. She melts under his gaze, but Dillon protests saying the guy interupted his important business. When Schreck glares at him he goes silent. David turns to Malia once more and then spins around and spews what looked like blood out of his mouth and all over Dillon. JJ is mortified and runs off as the crowd laughs and cheers. Malia then leaves the ring, doing the whole "call me" thing as we prepare for our next match. This was stupid, but the fans seemed to enjoy it (or maybe they just hate Dillon). Still, it's a great introduction to this David Schreck guy. I hope we can get more information on who he is and why he does a vampire gimmick.

Ring wise David is not that great, but against his opponent he looks like he could be the next Randy Savage! They put him in a match with Texas Hangman Killer, which reminds me way too much of that From Dusk Till Dawn movie that came out last year. THK isn't doing much to help himself, but Schreck looks great in comparison. He finishes this match with a move they called the Impaler DDT which is a lifting DDT variant that looks super badass. I can't wait to see where this guy goes in WCW in a few years when his developmental training pans out!

So next up Buddy Parker defends his GCW World Heavyweight title against Blitzkrieg. Also still doing the State Patrol gimmick, Parker is showing progress in his developmental training from when he was on WCW but he's nothing special. He'll probably end up being a jobber one day. Meanwhile, Blitzkrieg needs some work but he's overall much better in ring wise than Parker. Still, Parker retains with a classic DDT despite Blitzkrieg hitting a devastating Corkscrew Moonsault which I was pretty sure was one of his finishers but I might be thinking of his 450 Splash. Point is, I felt Blitz should have won, and so did the crowd.

Overall though the crowd went home fairly pleased, they knew what they were getting and it wasn't a complete failure. The point is all these people need work, but some this is as good as they're going to get. I give the show a solid D.

-Scotty C.

TLDR version:
Hyson and Moore defeated Storm and Pearce
Iaukea defeated Lane
Fyfe defeated Yoshida to retain GCW Women's
Earl defeated Brookside and Wilson in a triple threat to retain the GCW National
Schreck defeated Killer
Parker defeated Blitzkriege to retain GCW World Heavyweight
Rating: D

I loving rule.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 24, 2014

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I feel ashamed of myself for not getting David Schreck now, good job on the name :drac:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I feel ashamed of myself for not getting David Schreck now, good job on the name :drac:

I know, I'm awesome. :v: I even did theme music for him! I'm so excited to have him. I don't think this game will go on long enough for my dream of bringing him up to the main roster and having him eventually become main event material, but I'm a huge fan of his in real life so I'm glad we got him first.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HWA Usenet Report posted:

Hey fellas, Ed Ferarra here of the Heartland Wrestling Alliance! Just wanted to get the word out about the hot wrestling action(HWA, hahaha) at our Get In The Ring event!

Rick Martel, the model himself, beat Jody Fleisch

Martel then had an conversation with one Dave Finlay telling the fans about all the great young guys here in HWA.

Then we had some high flying as Piloto Suicida and Super Dragon beat Horshu and Doug Basham

Batista and Chaz beat Perro Aguayo and Nick Dinsmore

Oh my goodness, then we got a visit from the ECW World Heavyweight Champion! Yessiree, Shane Douglas came to the HWA and had a scuffle with Stevie Richards! "I don't give a drat about any of the washouts here in HWA, or that rat bastard Kurt Angle on Raw! All I care about are my hardcore chair swinging freaks down in Barb Wire City!"

Pug and Glen then defeated our tag champs, Albert and Aguila, in a HWA Intercontinental Tag Title match! Holy moley!

And Shane Douglas wasn't done yet, as he challenged Dave Finlay to a match, which he won!

Then we had our main event:
Charlie Haas(c) vs Stevie Richards
HWA World Heavyweight Title

Stevie and Charlie started out with a lot of technical wrestling before Stevie hit a sitout facebuster, a lot like what that Kid Rock guy uses over in WCW. As Stevie transitioned into what he calls the Stevie Clutch, who runs out to the ring but Shane Douglas! He pulled the referee out of the ring, knocked him plumb out with his ECW title, and got in the ring! Well, he laid a few hard shots in on Stevie before putting him down with the Pittsburgh Plunge, then tumbled the ref back in the ring to count the pin.
1,2,3, Charlie Haas is still the HWA World Heavyweight Champ. Heck of a show with 2 solid co-main events. A C- in front of a 1200 seat sellout crowd here in the Pepin Gymnasium! My word, HWA sure puts on a show!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

:frogsiren: ECW Hardcore Rising runs tonight! ECW Team! ASSEMBLE! :frogsiren:

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Yes, the next week of shows starts running in 3 hours or so. Anyone from WCW and WWF who is available, please come to the chatroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NewJack420 posted:

so i just gots back from hardcore rising and it was the best show i'd seen all this yea it had the best main event i had ever seen and i seen a ton of them with sandman who like the second best guy ever you all know who the best guy ever uis anyway the main was like better than anything i've seen in the hammerstein for the past few oh gently caress if i know one of the harris guy was main eventing not too long ago buit it was easier as good as that mr perfect booker t match at spirng stampegd along with that chamber thing they had what a stupid match and also it was better as that jericho and piper match at deadly oh my god i need to tell you all about piper i'm goin right up about the show later but it ruled ecw ecw ecw

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 26, 2014

• Locked thread