Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Took me a while to get it, but bravo.

Loss.jpg

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Holy poo poo, it's spreading.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

Bylander better not win because I'd rather not have to deal with TWO control decks running around in standard.

Even if there is no Rev.

Jeez. That deck looks annoying to play against.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Still not getting this.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

GoutPatrol posted:

Still not getting this.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

GoutPatrol posted:

Still not getting this.

Loss.

The edits started innocently enough.

And slowly, things got out of hand.

Tim Buckley posted:

A miscarriage is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for couples to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the woman than on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Good yes Control Not Winning the Open.

Good.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

After a whole year of black midrange dominance and the strong junk midrange presence, control is still at fault for everything. I like the view that control, even when not winning anything, is still the puppet master. :evilbuddy:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Good yes Control Not Winning the Open.

Good.

I'm happy either way. The two sexiest decks of the tournament made it to the top 2.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ramos posted:

I'm happy either way. The two sexiest decks of the tournament made it to the top 2.

What were they?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rinkles posted:

What were they?

Jeskai Aggro and U/W Control.

Only one of these is truly sexy.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

After a whole year of black midrange dominance and the strong junk midrange presence, control is still at fault for everything. I like the view that control, even when not winning anything, is still the puppet master. :evilbuddy:

I wonder if it will ever change. You see echoes of it all over the place. A slightly exaggerated version of poo poo I hear all the time in EDH: "Well, you have no permanents, no hand, your library is exiled, you're at 1 life, and you're dead to a trigger on the next upkeep. The other opponent has an army full of scary threats and I have a once in a lifetime opportunity to crush them. If I don't take that opportunity I will surely lose.

... But you're playing blue so you probably have some trick up your sleeve. Swing out at you."

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chill la Chill posted:

If there would be two control decks it would be BULL poo poo, there isnt two aggro decks or even two midrange decks.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

rabidsquid posted:

If there would be two control decks it would be BULL poo poo, there isnt two aggro decks or even two midrange decks.

Mardudes midrange is really sweet.

Mardu control is even better. :evilbuddy:

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Last time I checked Mardu, Abzan and G/x Monsters were all midrange decks and Jeskai Aggro, Boss Sligh and Abzan Aggro all have placed fairly well in the last couple weeks.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

awesomebrah posted:

Last time I checked Mardu, Abzan and G/x Monsters were all midrange decks and Jeskai Aggro, Boss Sligh and Abzan Aggro all have placed fairly well in the last couple weeks.

I can't tell if this is a brilliant post or if you can't detect Internet Sarcasm.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Can we go back to SOM/ZEN standard and grind Caw-blade mirrors all day? Clearly or a format is at its more balanced when everyone plays the same deck.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

What?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

We just went over this Madmarker. On this very loving page.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's just Ajani's quest to bump Elspeth's butt.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

This is a weird loss.jpg edit.

e: ... oh godDAMMIT

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

OH

MY

GOD

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

IF you rotate it 90 degree counter clockwise the lines almost resemble dickbutt.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Oh my loving god :aaaaa:

Edit:

Look at this rad as gently caress Legacy Soldiers deck on the SCG Stream right now.

It runs Captain of the Watch I'm in love :allears:

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 26, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh wow, I just found my new white Legacy deck to play.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TERMINUS OFF THE TOP WOW.

Get the actual gently caress out.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Don't worry, Thalia's still here to kick rear end and take names.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ramos posted:

Don't worry, Thalia's still here to kick rear end and take names.

This deck makes me want to buy a playset of Captain of the Watch. Right now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Post a link when it's done?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

First strike is such a fantastic meta choice, it's great.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ramos posted:

First strike is such a fantastic meta choice, it's great.

Cavern of Souls and Preeminent Captain are such good "gently caress off Force of Will" cards.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

This Miracles player is not very good.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chamale posted:

OH

MY

GOD

I sent the picture to my friend and that was my exact commentary.

Also, the Soldiers deck looks like hella fun, just swing with dudes. Loved seeing Slivers vs. Lands earlier, with both at 4-0 too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

He can take down the germ in combat, but he's probably afraid of swords now that I think.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=75150

The Jeskai deck that won the open this weekend has 0 seeker of the way and I find that interesting.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
There's actually a list for the Legacy Soldier Stompy showing on Goldfish, which means it put up a 3-1 or 4-0 recently.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-soldier-stompy

Only costs $310 for Legacy deck in paper, and only $123 online. Not bad.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Cast Brainstorm not knowing the top 3, crack 3 LEDs, proceeds to go off.

I love storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sampatrick posted:

Cast Brainstorm not knowing the top 3, crack 3 LEDs, proceeds to go off.

I love storm.

His balls must be enormous. That was amazing.

• Locked thread