Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why the gently caress is HO poo poo so expensive. It seems like the kind of stuff china could stamp out for 10 cents a piece. In looking for track on alibaba, i ran across this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/16-Pcs-Diecast-4D-car-model-building-kits-in-1-87-HO-scale-suitable-for-HO/1879266980.html

:china:

And noooooooow i'm losing an entire day to alibaba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

dubzee posted:

Beers are another thing entirely, you'd have to step up to O or maybe even G scale if you had inclines. Setting up a track in these scales are $$$$.
Playmobil trains are probably large enough, and likely one of the cheapest "large" options.

Though I think you should go for live steam.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

snap

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-x-Rainbow-Color-Turbo-Keychain-Auto-Parts-Model-Spinning-New/1952479781.html?s=p

The rotor actually spins! I wonder if it burns oil, too.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Got my 3 ton floor jack and holy gently caress is it heavy. Being a skinny nerd is coming back to bite me in the rear end.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Two things today, AI:

1) Pat Goss makes me want to punch my TV, and my TV hasn't even done a damned thing to me.

2) The screws inside an iphone 5 are unreasonably small and turn a 5 minute battery change into a 15 minute one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Got my 3 ton floor jack and holy gently caress is it heavy. Being a skinny nerd is coming back to bite me in the rear end.

Harbor Freight brand? I want to pick up something beefier than the race jack.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So I was all set to go to an outpatient rehab clinic to get a script for a medication to help with alcohol cravings (naltrexone).

Then I realized my primary doctor usually will write a script for meds that I'm familiar with, as long as they're non-narcotic. I've been on that medication before, and it works quite well. You can try to drink on it, but it just makes you feel kind of yucky - no euphoria, you just feel your body going "wtf is this poo poo".

Just looked it up on my insurance formulary - it's $10/month for generic, $243/mo for name brand, or :stonk: $1386 for the 30 day injectable version.

Just left my doctor a voicemail asking if I can go in tomorrow (since I'm off work tomorrow) to discuss a medication adjustment.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Harbor Freight brand? I want to pick up something beefier than the race jack.

It's the pittsburgh low profile steel jack and it weighs 70 pounds. The aluminum jack is about twice the cost and only 15 pounds lighter.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

It's the pittsburgh low profile steel jack and it weighs 70 pounds. The aluminum jack is about twice the cost and only 15 pounds lighter.

I have the Costco (Arcan) version of this and it's great. Except when I need to lift it into the bed of the truck. As long as it's on the ground, way better than those tiny crappy aluminum ones you can keep in your trunk.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
My Clarke long-chassis/high-lift jack is 120lbs, which I think is about as heavy as you'll find for something with a 2T capacity.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Throw it around enough and turn enough wrenches and you won't be a skinny nerd anymore. I'd say I'm about a middling-not-skinny-nerd now.

Honestly I couldn't give less of a poo poo about whether I look strong or not, being able to get poo poo done is what I care about. And I need to use my pull-a-part gym membership more, because being sore for a couple days after a junkyard run is not alright.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The princess auto store here is moving, and they have a plastic 12 volt jack. It's like a bottle jack inside a plastic housing with an electric motor that pumps it up.

I got them to set it up on the electrical bench to ttry it out and it was absolutely hilarious. It's like "schweeeeeeEEEEEEEEE *cachunk* schweeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE *cachunk*"

Even if it could get a car off the ground, it would take half an hour to do it.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Adiabatic posted:

Slow is Fast and Terrible Robot showed up to my house while I was taking a poo poo. I had to pinch.

WTF Adiabatic just got probated for a post in July? I guess that's what you get for posting in GBS :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Mat_Drinks posted:

WTF Adiabatic just got probated for a post in July? I guess that's what you get for posting in GBS :)

Indicative of a mod with a profound, long-term butthurtedness that would be better served with therapy.

Seriouspost edit: TT becoming a semi-reasonable poster, meatpimp being on Adiabatic's side in a probation issue... what is this world coming to? :ohdear:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 26, 2014

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Throw it around enough and turn enough wrenches and you won't be a skinny nerd anymore. I'd say I'm about a middling-not-skinny-nerd now.

I wish it worked for me. Still a skinny nerd.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Powershift posted:

The princess auto store here is moving, and they have a plastic 12 volt jack. It's like a bottle jack inside a plastic housing with an electric motor that pumps it up.

I got them to set it up on the electrical bench to ttry it out and it was absolutely hilarious. It's like "schweeeeeeEEEEEEEEE *cachunk* schweeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE *cachunk*"

Even if it could get a car off the ground, it would take half an hour to do it.

I've seen the scissor version of this, I thought it might be up to the task of altering height/angle of a draughting table at best, then I remembered I could get scissor jacks for like £2 each at the junkyard, so....

Son is off to the inlaws for a few days, house is infinitely quieter and cleaner/neater, I got to play with my daughter for like three hours straight, my anger issues are wiped away for now. I need to work on this.

I might take Tuesday off, get an entire day out of the experience.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So I got promoted at work and got a raise, part of the job involves running product from the back to the salespeople up front and yesterday was my first day. After a 10 hour shift I had walked 10.58 miles.

I'm going to get so fit :3:

meatpimp posted:

Seriouspost edit: TT becoming a semi-reasonable poster, meatpimp being on Adiabatic's side in a probation issue... what is this world coming to? :ohdear:

:beerpal:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Mat_Drinks posted:

That's so retarded. Just another reason why AI is best forum, IOC is a good mod.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Not sure if this has been ABP but christ, so funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3eN9u5N2Q4&t=78s

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cat Terrist posted:

That's so retarded. Just another reason why AI is best forum, IOC is a good mod.
Would I be right in my thinking that, as they couldn't probate Adiabatic for a post in AI, they just found a post somewhere else?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

blk posted:

Not sure if this has been ABP but christ, so funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3eN9u5N2Q4&t=78s

That's great lol.

Congrats on the promotion TT!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

Would I be right in my thinking that, as they couldn't probate Adiabatic for a post in AI, they just found a post somewhere else?

Would not surprise me at all.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Cat Terrist posted:

All hail His Grace, IOC of forum AI, first of his name, mod of the one true forum, Lord of all things motorized, and protector of the forum automotive insanity.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

meatpimp posted:

Indicative of a mod with a profound, long-term butthurtedness that would be better served with therapy.

The kind of world where we all realize that no matter how much poo poo we give each other, we're all friends who would share a drink together* and we're better than the rest of the internet.

*digestive tract problems and addiction treatment medications notwithstanding

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HotCanadianChick posted:

*digestive tract problems and addiction treatment medications notwithstanding

*fart*

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Speaking of poop. My GI tract hasnt been as pissed off as it usually is. No water works anymore, but I have cut down severely on the fried foods. Let's hope this is step one!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
drat it house owner, I know its Sunday, but just accept my offer and TAKE MY MONEY! :argh:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Just got a pellet stove from my aunt for $500. I have electric heat and it will be nice to take the edge off the electric bill in the winter from now on.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

Slow is Fast and Terrible Robot showed up to my house while I was taking a poo poo. I had to pinch.

lololol you could have finished, we didn't mind waiting.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't believe in pinching em off, all or nothing :getin:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Picked up the car right down the street from the Panoz factory, trailered it home, and then immediately took it to a rallycross.

The relentless pursuit of perfection...

Phone fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 27, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Looks like a pretty wide track.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there any difference between a salvage title and a rebuilt title? The owner of the Salvage2000 is trying to convince some other dude to trade cars and I chimed in and let everyone know it's a salvage and dude is all "NO IT'S NOT IT'S A REBUILT TITLE."

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

From my experience no. I think some people make a distinction that salvage title = not repaired yet while rebuilt title = it has been fixed? That's all I can think of.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Phone posted:

Picked up the car right down the street from the Panoz factory, trailered it home, and then immediately took it to a rallycross.

The relentless pursuit of perfection...

How was the rally cross in a Lexus? Did you feel like sipping tea :wotwot:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Is there any difference between a salvage title and a rebuilt title? The owner of the Salvage2000 is trying to convince some other dude to trade cars and I chimed in and let everyone know it's a salvage and dude is all "NO IT'S NOT IT'S A REBUILT TITLE."

Rebuilt means it got repaired after it was totaled (salvage).

If that guy trades a clean title car for a rebuilt title car he's an idiot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Rebuilt means it got repaired after it was totaled (salvage).

If that guy trades a clean title car for a rebuilt title car he's an idiot.

S2000 guy had not disclosed this. If you recall this clown was hounding me to trade his car for the 6.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We finally got a tank for our grill after getting the grill in July, so I bought 2lbs of steak and went to town

My wife didn't eat much, so I'm going to thin slice the leftovers and make some killer sub sammiches with it.

:getin:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

A rebuilt title is the same as a salvage title. Both are worth garbage prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

We finally got a tank for our grill after getting the grill in July, so I bought 2lbs of steak and went to town

My wife didn't eat much, so I'm going to thin slice the leftovers and make some killer sub sammiches with it.

:getin:

Ahem. Why were there leftovers? Quitter.

• Locked thread