Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
His blasts come out of the gem at the center of the circlet on his forehead. He can't hit something that's on his nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

...How does he scratch his nose normally? Does he have a minion for that?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dolash posted:

Why do you think he's so angry at the world?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That'll do, Panthro. That'll do.

Source: Found a junk store today, selling coasters with comic panels on them. No idea what issue it's originally from.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Also, she can defeat anyone, as long as it happens offscreen.

Hey, she defeated Wolverine *mostly* on screen.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Hey, she defeated Wolverine *mostly* on screen.

Is that the time she broke his heart?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Found a random thing that made me laugh while cleaning out my computer files.

It's by Patrick Alexander from Dark Horse Presents #1 (the series before the reboot).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Iron Man defeats She-Hulk via Flying Buttock Mode.

I couldn't find the source for this with GIS. A million different people post it and nobody bothers sourcing the panel.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Basic detectivery reveals it is She-Hulk v2 #18.

Ibid

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Also, she can defeat anyone, as long as it happens offscreen.

She defeats Dr. Doom on-panel. I think the Thanos victory is the only major off-panel one.

Marvel Super-Heroes vol.2 #8

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

She defeats Dr. Doom on-panel. I think the Thanos victory is the only major off-panel one.

Marvel Super-Heroes vol.2 #8

Every time people bring up the Dr.Doom and Thanos victories, I think of that GIF of Abed from Community going "And that's canon."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Ibid

Dan Slott. His schtick was actually pretty amusing before he got Spider-man.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Every time people bring up the Dr.Doom and Thanos victories, I think of that GIF of Abed from Community going "And that's canon."

Deadpool/GLI Summer Fun Spectacular

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's obviously a Doom-bot :colbert:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

(Bows down to your superior Google-Fu, hits face on keyboard).

Contribution.

Warlord Of Mars #16.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Dan Slott. His schtick was actually pretty amusing before he got Spider-man.

Pretty sure that's after Peter David took over.

EDIT: Nope, google-fu (which I should've done first) turned up it's a few issues before. I was sure David was the one that made her an agent of SHIELD or whatever.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nah, after David took over the superhuman law firm angle and supporting cast were ditched and she did some road trip poo poo.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We don't know that was the real Uatu, though. :v:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lurdiak posted:

Why do you think he's so angry at the world?

Now I've got a mental image of MODOK rubbing his face up against a door jamb like a dog with an itchy butt.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
My new theory is that Squirrel Girl is a con-artist in addition to her real powers, her real powers being something pretty extreme(cosmic power, reality warping, another Sentry persona, fueled by her own fan hate? powerful illusions or memory warping that make powerful enemies think they have been defeated?).

Whatever her real powers are, they also let her talk to animals and give her minor super-strength and agility(or the perception there of). The real question is that once someone is that deceptive to their friends and enemies about their full abilities, are they likely to be a real hero, or just playing a long con?

Wait! It's all so obvious now! Squirrel Girl is Forbush Man in drag!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dolash posted:

...Designed Only for Killing. Not face-scratching.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The proportionate strength of a squirrel doesn't sound threatening at all.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Well, that's what everyone thinks... until it's too late.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

hiddenriverninja posted:

The proportionate strength of a squirrel doesn't sound threatening at all.

Can you drag yourself up a tree by your fingernails?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
How many living smaller than human animals/bugs/etc are there that could not gently caress somebody up if they were human sized?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

How many living smaller than human animals/bugs/etc are there that could not gently caress somebody up if they were human sized?

If you go by science, then pretty much all of them. Many would simply die on the spot, unable to move or breathe.
If you go by Science! then the answer is different of course.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Mansized tardigrade is the pet this forum has been hoping for.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Keep telling yourself that if it'll make you feel better.

But the original Doom vs. Squirrel Girl fight was never retconned into actually being a Doombot. Just saying.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

My new theory is that Squirrel Girl is a con-artist in addition to her real powers, her real powers being something pretty extreme(cosmic power, reality warping, another Sentry persona, fueled by her own fan hate? powerful illusions or memory warping that make powerful enemies think they have been defeated?).

Whatever her real powers are, they also let her talk to animals and give her minor super-strength and agility(or the perception there of). The real question is that once someone is that deceptive to their friends and enemies about their full abilities, are they likely to be a real hero, or just playing a long con?

Wait! It's all so obvious now! Squirrel Girl is Forbush Man in drag!

I prefer to think that she's the living embodiment of DC Silver-Age sensibilities given form that wound up in the Marvel universe as a side-effect of the Crisis, hence why she always wins-because the good guys ALWAYS won in the end in the silver age, dammit!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hope the Doombot in Avengers AI will be revealed to be the actual Doom.

Avengers AI #4

That's our Doombot!

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 27, 2014

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I like to think that between all the weird poo poo that happens in the marvel universes, there are actually multiple instances of the real Doctor Doom running around, but because of all the semi-autonomous doombots that have been used at one point or another, none of them have clued in to the fact that they are not the only real Doom.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Crisis of Infinite Dooms would be a pretty fun event.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
There is a little Doom inside everyone.

It's waiting for the most advantageous time to grow to full size and kill us.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Slashrat posted:

I like to think that between all the weird poo poo that happens in the marvel universes, there are actually multiple instances of the real Doctor Doom running around, but because of all the semi-autonomous doombots that have been used at one point or another, none of them have clued in to the fact that they are not the only real Doom.

Why do you make me want stories I can't have?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Slashrat posted:

I like how in I think one of the digital Iron Man Comics, Doom (well, alternate-future Doom) took advantage of people always assuming most appearances of Doom are actually just a Doombot to get Tony to underestimate him. Granted it was because he knew the 'real' Doom was elsewhere.

SirDan3k posted:

:golfclap:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Crisis of Infinite Dooms would be a pretty fun event.

SirDan3k posted:

Dr. Doom creates perfect little nanobots that can turn people into Doombots, of a sort. These also provide euphoria to the population of planet Earth. Because when everyone is Dr. Doom, that's a pretty good time. All the people of the world are united in harmony. And focused hatred at Richards.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

CzarChasm posted:

Dr. Doom creates perfect little nanobots that can turn people into Doombots, of a sort. These also provide euphoria to the population of planet Earth. Because when everyone is Dr. Doom, that's a pretty good time. All the people of the world are united in harmony. And focused hatred at Richards.

The nanots are specifically tailored not to affect Richards himself. Everyone else is Doom.

They let him live because it's funny.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Richards is not worthy of the glory of becoming one with Doom

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

Richards is not worthy of the glory of becoming one with Doom

Doom wanted to use Reed's skin as his new armor during Unthinkable.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CzarChasm posted:

It's important to note these nanobots don't create euphoria through affecting brain chemistry or applying current to the fun receptacle in the brain. That just all happens naturally as a side effect of becoming Doom, because being Dr. Doom is just that awesome.

It would work much the same for Namor except he's like a manic depressive but the poles are grouchy and smug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Unknown Kirby panel.

• Locked thread