Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

rear end Catchcum posted:

I would love to know what you're talking about! Please post a link if possible.

And again if anyone has more detail or knows where I can get more detail about Adam leaving lovline I would love it

There's nothing real complicated or dirty about Adam leaving. Their contracts were up for renewal and they were low balling either Adam, or both he and Drew. Trying to hold out, Adam asked Drew not to sign in hopes they could strong arm Westwood None into giving them better deals. Instead of waiting, Drew signed and Adam had no options.

Around that time, Stern was headed to Sirius and they needed a replacement in the LA market. Adam, feeling I guess betrayed by Drew and not having a good a deal as Drew, chose to jump to morning radio. He seems over it for the most part now, but I think he held a grudge for a good while.

As far as the meltdown, Anderson made a comment about Bryan being a kiss rear end to Adam (which he is), and Adam didn't like it, so he turned about a half hour of Loveline into a pissing match with Anderson to the point that the guest--Dagaroni baby, whoo--walked out. Adam ultimately looked like a jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Instead of waiting, Drew signed and Adam had no options.

To be fair, Drew only had one tv show at the time.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Eh, I've never felt Drew has done anything other than be normal and make the best decision for his family. In that case, he was satisfied with his contract and salary, so he signed. Just because Adam wasn't happy doesn't mean Drew has any obligation to hold out. Of course, in Adam's world, Drew owes everything to Adam and should have been at his beck and call and done whatever he said at any given time, which is a bit of a stretch. Especially considering how difficult Adam seems to be to deal with. At least.. based off the way he talks about handling his business and potential deals.

But meh, it's a matter of opinion and that's just my own.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
The Adam/Anderson meltdown was Aug 10 2009.
Both DAG and Anderson's girlfriend walk out of the studio in the middle of it.
As many of us were listening to it live, the thread reaction to that episode starts on page 99.
Adam hosted the show for the two days following that, and didn't return for the rest of the year.

He came back for a total of 10 shows in 2009, all available directly off the Loveline site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Loveline_episodes_(2009)

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 7, 2014

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Interesting to see how much people liked Bald Bryan back then, judging by the Adam Carolla Show thread people really hate him now.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Beeez posted:

Interesting to see how much people liked Bald Bryan back then, judging by the Adam Carolla Show thread people really hate him now.

Same thing could be said for Adam, really.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

There's nothing real complicated or dirty about Adam leaving. Their contracts were up for renewal and they were low balling either Adam, or both he and Drew. Trying to hold out, Adam asked Drew not to sign in hopes they could strong arm Westwood None into giving them better deals. Instead of waiting, Drew signed and Adam had no options.

Around that time, Stern was headed to Sirius and they needed a replacement in the LA market. Adam, feeling I guess betrayed by Drew and not having a good a deal as Drew, chose to jump to morning radio. He seems over it for the most part now, but I think he held a grudge for a good while.

As far as the meltdown, Anderson made a comment about Bryan being a kiss rear end to Adam (which he is), and Adam didn't like it, so he turned about a half hour of Loveline into a pissing match with Anderson to the point that the guest--Dagaroni baby, whoo--walked out. Adam ultimately looked like a jackass.

I guess what I'm asking is where did you get this info etc I want to listen to these episodes

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Scudworth posted:

Same thing could be said for Adam, really.

Ha, you got me there.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
SPEAKING OF THAT, in what may or may not be news since I don't listen to Adam's show-
He fired The Wheez and dude had to sue him last month. They are no longer on speaking terms. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/02/showbiz/adam-carolla-podcast-lawsuit/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

drat it sounds like Donny got hosed.

quote:

Misraje never got anything in writing. Still, he says in his lawsuit, he quit his $231,000-a-year television production job and came on board knowing he wasn't going to get paid for a year or more. Because Carolla was pinned down by a noncompete clause in his CBS contract, the new company couldn't solicit advertisers during its first year.

Carolla was still getting paid under his CBS contract, but there was no way to create revenue to pay Misraje until the contract -- and its noncompete clause -- expired on December 31, 2009.

Misraje says he took out a second mortgage to make ends meet. He convinced his wife, a Grammy winner and top creative director, and his cousin, an Internet technical wizard, to join as well. They also are plaintiffs in the lawsuit.

Although it does go on to say he produced the Queen Latifa show now so he's not broke.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
I had a little knowledge of the case but until a few weeks ago I didn't know that this Donny person was the mythical Wheez

Poor Wheez

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

The way it was told by both Adam and Drew is Westwood was cutting Adams contract into 1/3 of what it previously was but leaving Drews the same. Adam asked Drew to support him by not signing his contract until Adam was done with negotiations and Drew agreed but then signed anyways without telling Adam. Adam was understandably upset about this but got over it pretty quickly when Drew apologized.

Adam was also planning on taking over the Stern spot at the same time and doing both shows but due to the contract problems and the time commitment decided gently caress Westwood and quit.

They have talked about it several times but I couldnt point you to a specific show. Id bet its on Adams wikipedia though.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Since this thread is getting some love at the moment - does anyone know of or have a link to a clip where Drew tries to tell a man walks into a bar joke. I know DAG is there, not sure about Adam.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
It's been a while since it was mentioned, but the This Year podcast is up to ten best-ofs, covering 2000 through mid-2002. Lots of good stuff, 2000 Q1 is ~5 hours long, for instance.

http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2013/11/71-loveline-second-quarter-2000.html
..and you can go on from there.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
So does everyone here listen to the Adam and drew podcast?

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

So does everyone here listen to the Adam and drew podcast?

I do, yes.

Adam seems to be getting angrier and angrier. He repeatedly called Dr. Drew a dickhead in the last episode of the podcast, which is the first time I've heard that before. I have to wonder why Drew even sticks around but then I realize he's kind of a toolshed himself.

By comparison, I have a backlog of old episodes and even a year ago, Adam is very mellow in comparison.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What was Drew doing wrong, or what was Adam freaking out about?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Can anyone find me drews first appearance on Adams podcast

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

Adam made lots of money, and turned into an rear end in a top hat. turned into an even bigger rear end in a top hat.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ace on the house/roof is the only modern Adam show I can listen too. As soon as Adam starts going off on a boring rant or getting angry Ray will just talk over him. Especially when Adam starts complaining about taxes or poor people Ray will mock him forhaving a hundred cars while he still lives in someone's garage.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Can anyone find me drews first appearance on Adams podcast

Episode #2
https://archive.org/details/2009.02.24acp-Pinsky

You keep asking for things in this thread that are readily available through Google searching.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Scudworth posted:

Episode #2

You keep asking for things in this thread that are readily available through Google searching.

Everything is available through Google searching. According to the internet, Adam's net worth is $15 million and Drew's is $20 million. Adam's kids are 8 and Drew's are 22. Drew's only daughter suffered from anorexia. The internet is creepy.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

People from coach using the first class bathrooms during a flight. I'm not joking about this either, by the way.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Scudworth posted:

Episode #2

Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm trying to find an episode where Adam confronts Drew about why he signed his Loveline contract early/didn't back Adam up. It's not that episode, but I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Is just like to say great loving job to whomever is producing the classic loveline episodes. The way you cut only half the bumpers off lets the world know you are a true piece of poo poo that couldn't be bothered to get the whole thing cut out and a big enough rear end in a top hat you couldn't just leave them in.

I also love how every commercial gets its own individual volume level for distinctness.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has Adam come back to Loveline besides those 2 weeks in 2009?

I can't get into the Adam & Drew podcast. They don't have the really dumb callers that made for great material to work from. Drew is texting away each time Adam starts to talk and Adam doesn't even bother to put much effort into his rants anymore. It's two middle-aged guys who seem annoyed that they are even there trying to filibuster their way through the hour.

And agree with an earlier post that Adam is really mean to Drew. Not sure where that anger comes from or why Drew puts up with it.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I don't listen to it all that often but yeh I'd agree Adam is mean as hell to Drew. It's odd that a guy as busy as Drew still makes time in his week to be browbeaten by Adam for an hour.

Also Adam was better when he had producer Anne in his ear telling him to wrap up the rant and get to the calls.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Niwrad posted:

Has Adam come back to Loveline besides those 2 weeks in 2009?

Yes, many times.
Wikipedia has lists of Loveline guests/hosts by year.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

AgentJotun posted:

Also Adam was better when he had producer Anne in his ear telling him to wrap up the rant and get to the calls.

On the original Loveline, this was not ever true.

edit: unless it served as a means to provoke another rant.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Is just like to say great loving job to whomever is producing the classic loveline episodes. The way you cut only half the bumpers off lets the world know you are a true piece of poo poo that couldn't be bothered to get the whole thing cut out and a big enough rear end in a top hat you couldn't just leave them in.

I also love how every commercial gets its own individual volume level for distinctness.
Classic Loveline is terrible. It started off great as they had masters from original recordings and just uploaded those with no caveats, but now it seems to be all fan recordings that were already available online, only now you get to listen to he who shall not be named play a pretend radio host and do his awful intros at the beginning of every show. He even went back and added them to the original uploads after they'd been up a while. And yeah they don't even do basic audio leveling, so those terrible, terrible ads from PODCAST ONE are even worse. Podcast One is the worst, they're trying to recreate what makes radio so awful.

The last one I listened to had this loud burst of static or something out of nowhere, I haven't even bothered with the show since. I've got several GBs of MP3s I still haven't listened to, most of them are even labeled better than the podcast, and the audio is at least consistent. Just find the shows online if all the hosting hasn't been shut down.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I have listened from 1998-feb 2005 in order so far. Once I hit the last Carolla episode, I think I may be done with Loveline for good. I have been listeining since about 2002. The only episodes I skip are Stryker episodes and best of.

Classic Loveline was so bad I gave up on trying to bridge the 1995/6-1998 gap long ago.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
When did drew take the stick out of his rear end? I've been listening to 1996 episodes and he's nothing like the early to mid 2000s Drew in relation to Adam and his jokes. He gets huffy and quiet and tries to step on Adams comments all the time. Was there ever some sort of like, watershed moment where Drew changed his attitude regarding Adam?

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Adam gets Drew to slowly relax over the years. Is Riki Rachtman still co-hosting? Adam had kind of an awkward start competing with Rachtman. By 1997 things are a lot better.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Drew got his bitch spunk drunk.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Drew was really uptight about saying anything that could be misconstrued as even slightly inappropriate, he took his doctor role really seriously at first. It's so weird to listen to now. At some point he started to become more of a cohost, he realized there were some more nickels in it maybe.

Drew was on Maron's podcast not long ago too, I've heard a lot of his story already but it's still interesting to hear him dig into it with him.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
On of the reasons Drew lightens up I think is they stopped doing the TV show and college speaking engagements, hich by all accounts left Drew as the victim of Adam's maximum wrath for hours on

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Riptor posted:

When did drew take the stick out of his rear end? I've been listening to 1996 episodes and he's nothing like the early to mid 2000s Drew in relation to Adam and his jokes. He gets huffy and quiet and tries to step on Adams comments all the time. Was there ever some sort of like, watershed moment where Drew changed his attitude regarding Adam?

When Drew was on Alison Rosen's podcast he explained that he took his doctor role very seriously but Adam told him he needed to be more entertaining and equally serious about the "show" aspect. Drew didn't consider what they were doing to be a form of entertainment until Adam started drilling that into him.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

WDIIA posted:

No, it's just you guys seem like teenagers but your voices are, like, old

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I always forget about the Loveline TV show. I watched the hell out of it when I was a kid. What a weird idea for MTV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Finally you can send that special someone a Loveline e-card.

http://www.adamdrew.com/postcard/cardrack.html

• Locked thread