Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

We finally got a tank for our grill after getting the grill in July, so I bought 2lbs of steak and went to town

My wife didn't eat much, so I'm going to thin slice the leftovers and make some killer sub sammiches with it.

:getin:

Oh man, that looks incredible. Literally started salivating when I saw it.

e; I'm glad this ended up at the top of the page, because that is a drat good looking piece of dead cow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

A rebuilt title is the same as a salvage title. Both are worth garbage prices.

I figured. Dude doesn't seem to get it though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Ahem. Why were there leftovers? Quitter.

I ate my entire 1lb steak, my wife is 100lbs and ate like a quarter of hers before conceding defeat.

I told her she was a quitter and she told me that if she was she'd quit doing the dishes too. Plus I get a sandwich out of it :)

edit:

Terrible Robot posted:

Oh man, that looks incredible. Literally started salivating when I saw it.

e; I'm glad this ended up at the top of the page, because that is a drat good looking piece of dead cow.
Thanks! First time grilling a steak, I like mine to moo so it was perfect

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 27, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

I ate my entire 1lb steak, my wife is 100lbs and ate like a quarter of hers before conceding defeat.

I told her she was a quitter and she told me that if she was she'd quit doing the dishes too. Plus I get a sandwich out of it :)

edit:

Thanks! First time grilling a steak, I like mine to moo so it was perfect

Wait, you got married? When did that happen? I knew you were engaged but didn't know you'd tied the knot.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Wait, you got married? When did that happen? I knew you were engaged but didn't know you'd tied the knot.

Yup! I got married in June. Fun fact is that it was a double-wedding since my wife is an identical twin and my brother-in-law is my best friend.

I don't think I announced it in here or anything and I've only really started posting/lurking in AI again in the last month or two, plus I only have Sean/STR on facebook :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
A salvage title is an unrepaired totaled vehicle. A repaired title is a repaired totaled vehicle.

There is also "junk" or "parts only" title which can basically never be registered again.

This all somewhat depends on your state.

All of them are worth garbage prices unless you buy their song and dance that your salvage/repaired title IRL had hail damage, then you take a bath on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

Yup! I got married in June. Fun fact is that it was a double-wedding since my wife is an identical twin and my brother-in-law is my best friend.

I don't think I announced it in here or anything and I've only really started posting/lurking in AI again in the last month or two, plus I only have Sean/STR on facebook :v:

Congrats dude!

And find me through him if you like. "Ryan Charlie."

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tusen Takk posted:

Motherfucker I have you on there, how DARE you!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

Indicative of a mod with a profound, long-term butthurtedness that would be better served with therapy.

Seriouspost edit: TT becoming a semi-reasonable poster, meatpimp being on Adiabatic's side in a probation issue... what is this world coming to? :ohdear:

:glomp:

I like to think we all recognize how loving retarded FYAD is.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Motherfucker I have you on there, how DARE you!

Yeah I just realized that after adding Ryan :v:.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Did GBS ever improve, or is it still FYAD 2.0 with the occasional good Photoshop thread?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

BSS is pretty bad some times as well. But at least Waterhaul is a better mod that that prick Hermanos was.

I THINK YOU'RE RACIST SO YOU'RE PROBATED.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Had bloody marys and lunch with Nitrospazzz and Goatse Guy today right across the street from the Wisconsin capitol building, and it wasn't hilariously awkward! :coolfish:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Did GBS ever improve, or is it still FYAD 2.0 with the occasional good Photoshop thread?

GBS will never improve and yospos will continue to be the best FYAD-lite

that being said except for AI the grey forums are scary

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

T-Square posted:

Had bloody marys and lunch with Nitrospazzz and Goatse Guy today right across the street from the Wisconsin capitol building, and it wasn't hilariously awkward! :coolfish:

Two :unsmith: goonmeets in one day?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You'll never see those in Orlando because all the goons (or at least AI goons) around here are broke or nearly so, and there's fuckall to do anyway.

Yes, I'm saying I'd rather live in Wisconsin.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BrokenKnucklez posted:

How was the rally cross in a Lexus? Did you feel like sipping tea :wotwot:

One wheel burnouts for days. The thing hauls rear end when it hooked up, was the only car over 2.5L (the rest were Subarus :v: ).

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

We finally got a tank for our grill after getting the grill in July, so I bought 2lbs of steak and went to town

My wife didn't eat much, so I'm going to thin slice the leftovers and make some killer sub sammiches with it.

:getin:

TT becomes a reasonable poster and now reveals he knows how to cook a steak properly.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cat Terrist posted:

TT becomes a reasonable poster and now reveals he knows how to cook a steak properly.

What the gently caress is going on

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T-Square posted:

Did your roundel make it home? Great way to spend a Sunday talking cars, tracks and bikes with you and Goatse Guy. Bit of a drive but that's the midwest.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Phone posted:

One wheel burnouts for days. The thing hauls rear end when it hooked up, was the only car over 2.5L (the rest were Subarus :v: ).

You did the sc300 right? (I'm trying to dig through Facebook but got lazy) either engine would have been a drat riot.

Edit: sad I missed out on some bloodys as well. Next time!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

You know, I've been thinking of trading the GMC for a nice used four cylinder Camry.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Did your roundel make it home? Great way to spend a Sunday talking cars, tracks and bikes with you and Goatse Guy. Bit of a drive but that's the midwest.

Yes it did! I was laughing pretty hard at it flailing around on the front of my hood for an hour.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cat Terrist posted:

I'm gonna make him cook for me when I go up to IKEA.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Geirskogul posted:

You have a life outside the forums, it's none of my business

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

You know, I've been thinking of trading the GMC for a nice used four cylinder Camry.

Do it, four cylinder Camry crew represent :whatup:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Bucephalus posted:

AI is broken. I'm out.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

cursedshitbox posted:

AI is broken. I'm out.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

cursedshitbox posted:

AI is broken. I'm out.

Fortunately you can count on me to always be a lovely poster. Some things will never change.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

Fortunately you can count on me to always be a lovely poster. Some things will never change.

Let's all hang out. I have cheap whisky and pretzels.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

Let's all hang out. I have cheap whisky and pretzels.

Add salted cashews and I'm in.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Always remember, there's a vast difference between being a lovely poster and being a lovely person :glomp:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So.. bitched about the 9am store meeting. Came home, was about to fall back asleep.

Phone rings.

It's my old GM. Asks if I want hours at his new store. I say sure.

Turns out the delivery area is far denser, and tips are just as good, if not better, than at my usual store. $40 off of 8 deliveries, less than a 1/4 tank of gas (to get there, deliver, and get back home), 10 minutes away instead of 40, people actually do their job, and.. it's directly across the street from my favorite restaurant.

They told me they had a huge pile of dishes in the back that needed to be worked on between deliveries. I walk back there and ask where the huge pile is. They point at the sink. I literally :lol: and say "that's a huge pile? This is 15-20 minutes of dishes at my regular store". Had them done in about 15. My GM (who was my GM at my regular store) laughed his rear end off at my "that's a huge pile?" comment.

Rhyno posted:

Is there any difference between a salvage title and a rebuilt title? The owner of the Salvage2000 is trying to convince some other dude to trade cars and I chimed in and let everyone know it's a salvage and dude is all "NO IT'S NOT IT'S A REBUILT TITLE."

It depends on the state. Some states consider a salvage title to be a salvage title, regardless of if the car was ever rebuilt. Other states consider a salvage title to be an unrepaired vehicle, while rebuilt means it's been certified as being fixed. The certification process varies from state to state - when a friend and I bought a salvage car, it hadn't yet been registered again, but it had been repaired - all that was needed was a list of what parts were replaced, and a state inspection. I understand now you need receipts for parts. At the time, I think I got a new salvage title for it, and plates, but it looks like Texas now issues rebuilt titles.

Looks like a total loss declaration in Texas is now this:

TxDMV posted:

A vehicle that is declared a total loss by a jurisdiction or an insurer that is obligated to cover the loss or that the insurer takes possession of the title to that vehicle. The reporting jurisdiction, or an insurance company, has determined this vehicle is a total loss and is incapable of safe operation for use on U.S. roads or highways. This vehicle cannot be registered or titled, and its only value is as a source of parts or scrap.

Explains why one of my old cars was technically declared totaled (as in they took the car, keys, and title, and mailed me a check for the value of the car), but when I ran the VIN later, I found it with a clear title at auction.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

IOwnCalculus posted:

Do it an we'll take it all back!

Maybe we need a goon meet intervention with IOC.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bucephalus posted:

:unsmith: There is hope.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Wow, way to miss the joke, y'all.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Kind of sad that my Windows Phone experience is almost over. The software is really well done with lots of thoughtful touches, and Nokia's hardware is equally solid (good build quality, screen, battery life and camera, which is what I care about) - but it's let down by it's reliance on Bing. It's like dating someone who's sexy and intelligent but doesn't know how to use a map or look up things they don't know.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Bucephalus posted:

I've been thinking about scrapping one of my jeeps and replacing it with a subaru

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

blk posted:

Kind of sad that my Windows Phone experience is almost over. The software is really well done with lots of thoughtful touches, and Nokia's hardware is equally solid (good build quality, screen, battery life and camera, which is what I care about) - but it's let down by it's reliance on Bing. It's like dating someone who's sexy and intelligent but doesn't know how to use a map or look up things they don't know.

On mine (8.1) I can change it to Google, although I haven't tried it to see if it changes a lot. Bing works okay for me but yeah obviously Google is dominant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
You can change the search box in IE to Google but it doesn't change Cortana or provide predictive results, which I've come to realize i lean on a lot more than I realized. It's really just giving you the desktop search results page for google.com and you can't load a map or anything if you need to.

• Locked thread