Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

Iggy has a page on the official website, with a new artwork:

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/character/iggy.html

(not my mash-up)

Either this is going to be a super cute-sounding Iggy or the lady that voices Sakura Kasugano is gonna go all hot-blooded on our asses.

Either one is fine with me. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

it's a bad drawing though because he looks too much like ceasar.

DIO wasn't satisfied with Jonathan's body and took Caesar's head for good measure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MelvinBison posted:

DIO wasn't satisfied with Jonathan's body and took Caesar's head for good measure.

It's like the Ship of Theseus with body parts.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fiend Computer posted:

Does he have a chainsaw on his watch?

What part of teen superspy don't you understand?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

So who is getting King Crimson: Jobin's stand or Gappy's former non-Kira half?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I also found this picture of Mariah, Midler, and Dio while looking for that game script. :stare:

What exactly is Mariah doing back there? :raise:

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

So who is getting King Crimson: Jobin's stand or Gappy's former non-Kira half?

Jobin seems to have a stand that takes control away from things, and Gappy's other half probably isn't a Higashikata therefore they wouldn't have had a King stand.

I doubt we'll have any other stands show up in JJL, Killer Queen was only mentioned because it takes place in Morioh. If anybody is gonna have KC, its gonna be an Italian, so maybe Jobin's car will have KC.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Broseph Brostar posted:

What exactly is Mariah doing back there? :raise:

She's noticed there's a spider on the ceiling.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jobin is the stand, the Beetle is the user.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Is Part 5 the goriest Jojo? I mean the stuff that happens like how Diavolo deals with traitors, Giorno's hand gambit, Green Day, etc.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Nah, part 6 is.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Part 6 is pretty gory as well.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

5's gore is special for still managing to be printed in Shonen Jump. After that wrapped up Araki moved to more violent publications for 6/7.

gently caress yes all those exploding heads in Part 7's Eleven Men fight

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

5's gore is special for still managing to be printed in Shonen Jump. After that wrapped up Araki moved to more violent publications for 6/7.

gently caress yes all those exploding heads in Part 7's Eleven Men fight

Part 6 was still in Shonen Jump. Part 7 was when Araki moved to Ultra Jump.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I don't think anything really ever topped how uncomfortable everything about Risotto Nero and Metallica is though, dang. Not really gory, but unsettling to read.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I don't think anything really ever topped how uncomfortable everything about Risotto Nero and Metallica is though, dang. Not really gory, but unsettling to read.

Marilyn Manson the Debt Collector got up there when it was attacking Hermes, as well as Sky High and the effects it has on people.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marilyn Manson, the Debt Collector

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Beef Waifu posted:

Marilyn Manson, the Debt Collector

Limp Bizkit, the one who dwells in the darkness

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Limp Bizkit, the one who emerges from the dark...

The one who indulges in the dark...

Limp Bizkit...

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is why Part 6 is the best.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Well Manicured Man posted:

Part 6 is pretty gory as well.

The only time I ever got a little squeamish in all of Jojo was when Jolyne was getting huge chunks of her arms and legs blown out by the metorite stand.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

The only time I ever got a little squeamish in all of Jojo was when Jolyne was getting huge chunks of her arms and legs blown out by the metorite stand.

It's really weird - right before the fight against Westwood, we get Sports Max, who not only has an incredibly retarded name but also a bloody and downright nasty battle. But somehow, Westwood tops that. It's just such a brutal, visceral fight - it's not even like the stands are doing the fighting, like with Jotaro & co, it's two brawlers smacking the poo poo out of each other while super powers intervene. It's one of those scenes where you keep turning the pages faster and faster because you just can't believe the sheer awesome brutality, and it keeps escalating. Before I die, I want to see this fight animated. I don't care if you have to skip all of Part 5 to get there. Just do it.

Of course, right afterwards came the incredibly retarded Feng Shui dude, so... uh.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

Of course, right afterwards came the incredibly retarded Feng Shui dude, so... uh.

His Stand was awesome and you know it. :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The feng shui dude owns because his stand is just all "yeah whatever, I'm just a third party, don't mind me."

Then after that is yoyoma which is just all kinds of special.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

The feng shui dude owns because his stand is just all "yeah whatever, I'm just a third party, don't mind me."

Yoyoma gets beat by making a frog its brain so I can't dislike it.

Part 6 is so great.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Well, the Stand has attitude, I'll give you that. Everything else? Super confusing stand, FF basically achieves nothing before Anasui wins the fight for her in one hit, and the concept of Feng Shui Assassination is so marvellously stupid it stands out even among other pseudoscience stuff that JoJo loves so much... Only somehow, it's just random bullshit instead of nonsensically awesome. The whole stand should've been just the "touching the dragon" thing, that might've made it more bearable... This whole "fated to win" thing is just no fun at all - not to mention kind of a copout -, something I felt about the Bohemian Rhapsody fight as well (which could hardly be called a fight to begin with, but that one was at least fun to look at).

And the saddest thing is, FF is great and we didn't have nearly enough fights with her... :(

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Actually, the part where the Old Man talks about drinking his pee and has a magic radar that tells people where there is a good place to stand, just in general, is good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Actually, the part where the Old Man talks about drinking his pee and has a magic radar that tells people where there is a good place to stand, just in general, is good.

Hey jackass it isn't just drinking his own piss, it's "Urine Therapy" tyvm

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

His Stand was awesome and you know it. :colbert:

:v:: Your lucky color is yellow and a picture of a goldfish will bring you luck

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The best Stand.

Really, I wonder if Feng Shui guy was the inspiration for Stands in Part VII. I think his was the only Stand in Part VI where the user did more than the actual Stand itself.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Survivor was kinda the same way. The user could be aware of its effects and possibly use it to their advantage, but that wasn't shown in part VI since Pucci just set it up as a trap.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Are there instances where a punchghost stand and stand user punched fought together actively?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

amuayse posted:

Are there instances where a punchghost stand and stand user punched fought together actively?

There's the battle between Jotaro and Dio, I think. Well, mostly Dio at least.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ChaosArgate posted:

There's the battle between Jotaro and Dio, I think. Well, mostly Dio at least.

I really found the way Dio used his Stand interesting for his character. Outside of his time-stopping ability, he mostly used his Stand to defend. He was a hard-rear end vampire, why would he want to bother using a punch-ghost when he could take matters into his own hands?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dio would've been invincible if he had still had Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and that Freezy Hand skill when he had The World.

amuayse posted:

I think Jolyne does a few times.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Dio would've been invincible if he had still had Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and that Freezy Hand skill when he had The World.

I think Jolyne does a few times.
Those would've been handy but not overwhelming compared to other Stands. Polnareff could've probably parried the stingy eyes (considering SC was able to cut through photons with its sword tip) and neither of those moves would've probably worked on Avdol if he had some idea they were coming. Presumably Joseph told everyone about Dio's core vampire tricks and as a result they lacked the element of surprise, so he didn't bother using them.

I will accept my [No Prize].

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, yeah, they could've countered them assuming that Dio didn't use them while time was stopped.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So I just finished part 3 and I don't understand why jotaro is able move during the world's time stop or how he can stop time himself.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Voted Worst Mom posted:

So I just finished part 3 and I don't understand why jotaro is able move during the world's time stop or how he can stop time himself.

Dio's stand was basically an amalgamation of stand powers from the Joestar family. The clairvoyance of Hermit Purple (and I guess Jonathan's too, we never really see it but I think it's like Joseph's), the super strength and speed of Star Platinum, which leaves the time stop. If we keep to the interpretation that The World has the powers of Joseph and Jotaro's stands, then either Joseph or Jotaro would be able to stop time and as luck would have it, Jotaro could. It's kind of an rear end-pully ending I guess but it was sort of foreshadowed from the very first chapter and brought up again against D'Arby the elder.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Star Platinum and The World have the same ability, like how DIO was able to use Hermit Purple's ability early on. Jotaro just didn't figure out Star Platinum could do that until his fight with DIO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Thinking about it, Dio didn't realize he could stop time until Enya told him he could, so I guess it was the same for Jotaro who didn't even consciously try until Joseph told him to.

• Locked thread