Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

prefect posted:

I believe colors and rarity go along with the augment slots -- the first augment skill in each of the four categories ("accurate" for DPS) is the only green one. Then the next few are blue, and past that you get purples and even yellows -- hang out in Agartha for a while, and you'll see people offering to buy/sell them for many millions of paxbux. You can get unattuned augments (mostly blues) in the auction house (attuned ones for sale are uncommon), and you'll need to combine the unattuned augment with a few green augments, about 60 pure somethings (dust for healing skills; other categories use combinations of runes, and one uses fire), and a kit the name of which I forget. That kit will cost about a half-million bucks, give or take.

So it doesn't matter which DPS augment you try to level, you will always use Accurate as the base? For instance, if I want to get a level 1 fierce up to level 2, I don't need 2 fierce, I need 1 fierce and 2 accurates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

revenance posted:

So it doesn't matter which DPS augment you try to level, you will always use Accurate as the base? For instance, if I want to get a level 1 fierce up to level 2, I don't need 2 fierce, I need 1 fierce and 2 accurates?

No, I think you need two fierce.

So if you have two unattuned fierce, you'll need several accurates as part of the attunement for each. Then you use the amplifying kit to combine the two fierce, and then you resonate (right-click on) that. (And then TSW crashes. At least, that's what happens to me 10-20 percent of the time.)

My theory is that they wanted to remove vast quantities of crafting materials from the game. :shrug:

Editing to add this picture from http://wiki.crygaia.com/view/Augment

So in order to attune this level-one purple augment, it needs 9 level-one green attuned augments, 96 pure metal, and an attuning kit.

prefect fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 26, 2014

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

prefect posted:

No, I think you need two fierce.

So if you have two unattuned fierce, you'll need several accurates as part of the attunement for each. Then you use the amplifying kit to combine the two fierce, and then you resonate (right-click on) that. (And then TSW crashes. At least, that's what happens to me 10-20 percent of the time.)

My theory is that they wanted to remove vast quantities of crafting materials from the game. :shrug:

So you will always need 15 attuned resonators of the exact same name to get it up to level 5? And that's assuming that you're not even going to harmonize it along the way? And judging from the complete lack of a lot of these resonators on the AH, I'm guessing some of these are super rare. The gently caress?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

revenance posted:

So you will always need 15 attuned resonators of the exact same name to get it up to level 5? And that's assuming that you're not even going to harmonize it along the way? And judging from the complete lack of a lot of these resonators on the AH, I'm guessing some of these are super rare. The gently caress?

You know how the AP cap is now 515 or 535 or something like that? It's because harmonizing a QL5 heroic augment costs 500 AP. (2100 total, since you would also have had to get QL1-4.) (Info from the wiki article on augments.)

I want to know if some complete mental case has been able to max everything out yet.

And I should write up a cheat sheet just for the terminology. You "attune" an "augment resonator", which you then "harmonize". I think. And then you attach them to abilities.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

prefect posted:

You know how the AP cap is now 515 or 535 or something like that? It's because harmonizing a QL5 heroic augment costs 500 AP. (2100 total, since you would also have had to get QL1-4.) (Info from the wiki article on augments.)

I want to know if some complete mental case has been able to max everything out yet.

And I should write up a cheat sheet just for the terminology. You "attune" an "augment resonator", which you then "harmonize". I think. And then you attach them to abilities.

It costs AP just to level it up, not just harmonize? Or do you actually harmonize along the way? Right now, I have a level 1 Accurate Augment Resonator harmonized. If I want to harmonize a level 2, do I need *another* 2 Accurate Augment Resonators, or just 1 to go with my currently harmonized?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

revenance posted:

That's pretty much it. Completing the Augment wheel isn't really a thing you're supposed to be able to do (unless you were super on top of things right after 1.8 hit).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

revenance posted:

It costs AP just to level it up, not just harmonize? Or do you actually harmonize along the way? Right now, I have a level 1 Accurate Augment Resonator harmonized. If I want to harmonize a level 2, do I need *another* 2 Accurate Augment Resonators, or just 1 to go with my currently harmonized?

According to the wiki, "For a QL 2 you need 2 QL1, for QL 3 you need 3 QL1, etc… So to reach QL 5 you need 15 QL1 attuned resonators."

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

prefect posted:

According to the wiki, "For a QL 2 you need 2 QL1, for QL 3 you need 3 QL1, etc… So to reach QL 5 you need 15 QL1 attuned resonators."

Right, but what if you get a QL4 (total spent so far: 10) and harmonize it? Will you need just 5 more to get QL5, or because you've consumed/harmonized the QL4, you need another 15 (total spent: 25)?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

revenance posted:

Right, but what if you get a QL4 (total spent so far: 10) and harmonize it? Will you need just 5 more to get QL5, or because you've consumed/harmonized the QL4, you need another 15 (total spent: 25)?

Once you've got level 4, you need 5 QL1s to make a QL5, which you can then harmonize.

Side note: do not trust the auction house's checkbox for "show only usable items". It will show you a QL1 unattuned augment even if you already have that skill level, because you can still attune it (but not harmonize it), which is what the auction house is considering to make it "usable".

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

prefect posted:

Once you've got level 4, you need 5 QL1s to make a QL5, which you can then harmonize.

Side note: do not trust the auction house's checkbox for "show only usable items". It will show you a QL1 unattuned augment even if you already have that skill level, because you can still attune it (but not harmonize it), which is what the auction house is considering to make it "usable".

Oh I finally get it (I think). So you *do* harmonize along the way, because while you can create a QL5 resonator right away using 5 QL1s, you can't actually harmonize unless you're already at QL4. I thought you couldn't even *make* the QL5 unless you had the 15 QL1s with you and craft it all in one go.

I'm just searching by names, like Vitalising (nada).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
You know the warehouse you go through between Agartha and Illuminati HQ? Was that always open to the sky?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Zephonith posted:

Try this code: TXELEEASRXYXW8T5G9RB

How long is this code going to last? I expected it to tell me to buy the game by now.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Trial codes last 72 hours from your first log-in to the game itself (technically it's when you begin character creation) and I think you can get another 48 hours tacked on if you complete 30 non-tutorial missions during that time. I think.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
People have completed the augment wheel, but not without a lot of pax. The drop rate at issue launch was a lot nicer.

If the augment isn't in ah, try trade channel. There aren't enough people playing to justify the ah fees.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Looks like the Halloween event is out. Kind of glad I'll be able to complete the ones from last year since I wasn't playing at the time.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Has anyone another trial code available?

Edit: vvv Thanks

Nektu fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 30, 2014

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Nektu posted:

Has anyone another trial code available?

3EEVSPUSTR26U5JZZ2QH

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Steam has it on sale too, 66% off both the base (~$10) and with #5-7 ($~20).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

This is the third year The Meowling has been a thing in TSW. HOW IS IT STILL BROKEN?!

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

I'm interested in giving this a shot before the steam sale is over, does anyone have a trial code thang I could snag? I should be covered, thanks in advance Prefect!

Dumb additional question: How much do issues 5-7 normally cost? I'm looking at the extra bux for the massive edition.

Edit: Going to be away from the keyboard for several hours, so probably will miss any that get posted in the thread until about 6pm est.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 31, 2014

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

This is the third year The Meowling has been a thing in TSW. HOW IS IT STILL BROKEN?!

How is it broken for you?

If you're at Franklin Mansion and wondering why the quest doesn't advance, go out back to the crypt first.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Blorknorg posted:

I'm interested in giving this a shot before the steam sale is over, does anyone have a trial code thang I could snag?

Dumb additional question: How much do issues 5-7 normally cost? I'm looking at the extra bux for the massive edition.

I don't know how to get the trial codes, but I can apparently send an invite to somebody's e-mail address. PM me your address, and I promise not to use it for ill purposes.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
How long is the Halloween event going to last, given that it started so late? I've missed Halloween like three years in a row. :negative:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

How is it broken for you?

If you're at Franklin Mansion and wondering why the quest doesn't advance, go out back to the crypt first.

Read the launcher. They have a note there that Tier 1 to 2 doesn't pop like it's supposed to.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I popped in to do the Halloween events for fun after not having played regularly since finishing Transylvania shortly after the Mayan apocalypse event. I need to figure out how to salvage my character. I did the entire storyline up through Tyler Freeborn as hammer/chaos with a bit of swords thrown in near the end. I also have a chunk of pistol unlocked because I think I was going for the crusader outfit. I tried tanking the cat god event in Stonehenge with two other players and I was pretty useless. Had 8k health but did low damage and couldn't keep aggro. I remember tanking Polaris and the first hell instance fine but that was with me being in Transylvania gear with a party of Kingsmouth players. I'm going to have to see what DPS setup I can try to move into while catching up on recent issues and Tokyo. Or at least fix my tank loadout and gearing.

Props to the guy who ended up effectively tanking, each fight against the respawning cats would end with him under 500 health and spamming some tiny blood magic heal 30 times to get back to full while we moved to the next one.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Do I get to use my superjack summoning pumpkins again?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rincewind posted:

How long is the Halloween event going to last, given that it started so late? I've missed Halloween like three years in a row. :negative:

It's approximately two weeks long.

Len posted:

Read the launcher. They have a note there that Tier 1 to 2 doesn't pop like it's supposed to.

I skimmed the notes yesterday (my first time in-game in a few days), but I had thought that's what they fixed with the patch. :shobon:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

orcane posted:

Do I get to use my superjack summoning pumpkins again?

Are "Stingy Jack" and "Super Jack" the same thing?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

Are "Stingy Jack" and "Super Jack" the same thing?

Super jack is the standard Funcom Golem boss. 17 million hp, easy to grief pubbies, rng drop table that's mostly garbage, you know regular Funcom event.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

Super jack is the standard Funcom Golem boss. 17 million hp, easy to grief pubbies, rng drop table that's mostly garbage, you know regular Funcom event.

I helped kill Stingy Jack last night, and he only had 12.5 million HP. Do you have to do something special with the summoning ritual to get Super Jack?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

I helped kill Stingy Jack last night, and he only had 12.5 million HP. Do you have to do something special with the summoning ritual to get Super Jack?

Maybe I was off with the hp total then. People placed the pumpkins by his tree in a certain order to spawn it? If so that's the official name of Super Jack.

Wish I'd saved the two dozen pumpkins from last year. Although I have one of each left so we could make a goon summon one. I do love tanking golems into crowds of pubbies. They get ANGRY and it's glorious.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

Maybe I was off with the hp total then. People placed the pumpkins by his tree in a certain order to spawn it? If so that's the official name of Super Jack.

I wasn't there for the beginning, but there was a diagram nailed to the nearby tree showing how to conduct the ritual, so I think we're talking about the same thing. Thanks; I couldn't find a clear answer as to whether or not the two names were for different monsters. :tipshat:

And I apparently also have to hunt down this "Incognito" character. I wasn't around for either of the two previous Halloweens, so I have so much catching up to do. At least I'm picking up lores that were previously unavailable.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
If you form the pentagram with random pumpkins it will just spawn a group mob version of jack, then you put them down in the right positions and you get a raid boss golem version with better (hahahaha right) loot instead. Either counts for the mission but only one gives RNG bags and clothes.

I never got rid of them on my alts, due to the combination of summoning bugs, the change to obtaining pumpkins and Rasheed losing interest (also due to the former issues).

It's no fun if two out of three summons fizzle out and you have to find a new instance to spawn the boss in.

Oh also: Can I get a Samedi hat now? Pretty please?

orcane fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 31, 2014

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

prefect posted:

It's approximately two weeks long.

I skimmed the notes yesterday (my first time in-game in a few days), but I had thought that's what they fixed with the patch. :shobon:

Oh, good! Buckets of time.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Is there some indication on one's account if you've used a trial code in the past? I certainly don't remember it, but the referral email that Prefect sent never arrived, but I sure did get signed up for the Funcom mailing list! The livechat GM was zero help and after about twenty minutes of waiting I finally managed to reset my password and login to the account only to find no information regarding trials or keys. The only thing the account seems to know about is Age of Conan back in 2010.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Yesterday: got the Cat God mission.

Today: got into a group to actually do the mission, it disappeared. I'm more angry about this than I probably should be.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
So wait. Is the monthly item just the same skeleton suit as last month, except without the hoodie? :effort: much?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

So wait. Is the monthly item just the same skeleton suit as last month, except without the hoodie? :effort: much?

Remember when Funcom would have just given us both last month? Pre-issue 6 was pretty great compared to now.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I started playing yesterday and just picked two weapons that seemed cool since I don't like to worry about builds before even playing the game. Is there an option to respec later or isn't respeccing an issue in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Eruonen posted:

I started playing yesterday and just picked two weapons that seemed cool since I don't like to worry about builds before even playing the game. Is there an option to respec later or isn't respeccing an issue in this game?

You just earn more xp and spend it on other weapons.

• Locked thread