Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Anyone else unable to connect to servers today and lose their my player? The game also forgot all my settings for camera (2k mode=the best) and controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Doltos posted:

Ah poo poo you're in Rivet City too? I went into that park twice and both times there was only one game going where everyone crowded around the 3 on 3 waiting for it to finish... with like 7 other courts open.

let's play. there's like 15 people in rivet city right now

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

VDay posted:

Aww, I kind of liked the crazy MyGM drafting. I thought it was a weirdly accurate representation of dumb GMs falling in love with a guy and taking him way, way too early. Can you imagine if the NBA actually had a redraft across the entire team? GMs would lose their god drat minds.

My one wish is that some series of events leads to the NBA one day doing a full honest to god fantasy draft of the entire league.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So I am playing MyCareer and coach just pulled me out with 20 seconds left in the quarter and then put me back in with 7 seconds to go. Should I have my benching set to... I forget the term, but "not rotation"? I haven't seen anything as egregious as this 13 second window before, but I have had times when it has been close!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So I am playing MyCareer and coach just pulled me out with 20 seconds left in the quarter and then put me back in with 7 seconds to go. Should I have my benching set to... I forget the term, but "not rotation"? I haven't seen anything as egregious as this 13 second window before, but I have had times when it has been close!

Can you change those options in MyCareer? Usually it's rotation or fatigue based but I don't think you can make that choice.

Maybe 2K will fix some of the coach logic and they won't use 3 timeouts in the first quarter anymore.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Apparently they're gonna put patch in the new court designs a few teams are using this year sometime in the next few days, which is pretty awesome.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Apparently, we just put out another stability patch for Steam version, to fix more of the crashes. Let me know if you're still having crashes after this

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

hopterque posted:

Apparently they're gonna put patch in the new court designs a few teams are using this year sometime in the next few days, which is pretty awesome.

I'd be stoked on them patching in stuff like the stats showing on screen when the commentators talk about them.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What's MyTeam like? Any good?

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Apparently, we just put out another stability patch for Steam version, to fix more of the crashes. Let me know if you're still having crashes after this

I havent had the crash to desktop at all, but I'm getting some bad stuttering/frame rate drops more frequently than i had the crashes.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Mills posted:

What's MyTeam like? Any good?

Now that the server stuff seems to be fixed I've only been playing that

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
So steam just downloaded a 19mb patch which is now causing my wired xbox controller to rumble with every single dribble of the ball which I'm pretty sure it wasnt doing before.

E: Still getting the same 1-2 second pause followed by a crash to desktop.

Copper For Lyfe fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 24, 2014

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The Glumslinger posted:

There should be a crash report in %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K15\

If you post it, it will help us try to track it down and hopefully get it fixed

Also, the rumble is intentional, it previously wasn't working on pc

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Rumble on dribble sounds cute but mostly annoying.

BIZORT posted:

Now that the server stuff seems to be fixed I've only been playing that

Is online any better or are you just playing through the modes?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Is there still a weird half second lag with the controls when you do anything online? That's the main reason I can't get into MyTeam.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Glumslinger posted:

There should be a crash report in %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K15\

If you post it, it will help us try to track it down and hopefully get it fixed

Still not working.

{77e6d4a}
6ae69f020009b940
84c05e4000093398
84c05e40000185c8
84c05e4000029d2d
84c05e40000191cf
84c05e4000051248
900cb9
91dfb9
9176a4
d84efb
d68690
ab1f4a
ab24ad
d1c78c
d1f89e
20111b
200fb4
95828d
96d54a
c8053d
d17c29
9280c7
ff87d
10214a
10223e
1023aa
b03e27
2c7a5
2c6bf
2c13c
53c5a
8cd93
410cce
420c84
42b604
153ee8
14e634
4ab7ea
4abd8c
43df43
f2e3ef
6ae69f02000159ed
84c05e400002c541

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?
In my Player/Career, is there a way to permanently set the after basket camera cuts to never? I have them set to never on the main settings, but each game I need to go into the options and set the camera cuts setting from Often to Never, which is getting annoying. I'm on the PS4 if it matters.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Ok there doesnt seem to be a crash report in that folder at the moment (maybe cos pc has been turned off and on since).

Next time it happens I'll check it.

Good to know i wasnt imagining the rumble being new. It is a little annoying tho.

Did the patch do anything to the sound in the game? Cos something seems a little different there also but I can't quite work out what it is that has changed.

Kaebora posted:

In my Player/Career, is there a way to permanently set the after basket camera cuts to never? I have them set to never on the main settings, but each game I need to go into the options and set the camera cuts setting from Often to Never, which is getting annoying. I'm on the PS4 if it matters.

I think any changes you make between games (in the training stadium) apply permanently to any future games so try and turn it off there.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Ok there doesnt seem to be a crash report in that folder at the moment (maybe cos pc has been turned off and on since).

Next time it happens I'll check it.

Ok, so I just had it crash but this time there wasnt any 1-2 second pause beforehand. Instead the screen just went black, i hit ctrl-alt-del to try and get back into it from the desktop, but once i got to the desktop the game was no longer running. The only two files in the appdata folder are videosettings.cfg and videosettingshelp.txt

This was after spending a couple minutes viewing a sick alley-oop i through to Harden from about 10 different camera angles, dont know if its related.

E: just had the crash I usually get and still no crash report in the folder.

Copper For Lyfe fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 25, 2014

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Kaebora posted:

Nope. I go through this poo poo every game too. There's basically nothing you can do about it until they patch those options into the career menu options.

If it was set to occasionally it wouldn't be that bad, but it's after basically every basket so you can't push the ball up quickly

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Traxis posted:

Highlight myCareer on the main menu and hit Triangle/Y and it should bring up your saves. Despite it saying your not connected you should be able to play and earn VC just fine. It worked for me, at least.

From a while back but this isn't working for me on 360 (the pushing Y part). I can go to myCareer from the main menu and load files, but it makes me go through an elaborate process to convert to offline mode and I'm afraid to do it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

The Duggler posted:

Nope. I go through this poo poo every game too. There's basically nothing you can do about it until they patch those options into the career menu options.

If it was set to occasionally it wouldn't be that bad, but it's after basically every basket so you can't push the ball up quickly

It's especially troublesome in MyTeam domination mode, where once you get to the higher levels you really need every one of those seconds to push the pace and generate fast points.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I just tried Domination mode again and got three stars when I beat the Bucks. I exited the game after it gave me my MT point breakdown, then found out the game didn't award me any MT points, reward packs, or even credit for the win. It did subject contracts from my players though. :geno:

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Inside Outside posted:

I just tried Domination mode again and got three stars when I beat the Bucks. I exited the game after it gave me my MT point breakdown, then found out the game didn't award me any MT points, reward packs, or even credit for the win. It did subject contracts from my players though. :geno:

Did you wait until the entire post-game thing played out or did you get anxious and push a button trying to get to the end? Because I was doing the latter. You have to wait until it shows you all of your MT points and then it'll go to the menu where you can quit all on its own. If you don't do that then it acts like you quit out of the game.

I got to where it showed the MT points and I was hitting options and quit out. You have to let it do it all on its own. It takes a bit too long but it'll do it

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Man, I hate my teammates in MyPlayer.

If I drive and kick the ball to you, don't miss the wide open three please. You're killing my stats.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Regnevelc posted:

Man, I hate my teammates in MyPlayer.

If I drive and kick the ball to you, don't miss the wide open three please. You're killing my stats.

I've determined that the best way to ensure that your teammates make 3's is to get prime offensive rebounding position.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

PARKSWAG is the newest locker code. I got 500VC from it.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While I appreciate 2K got a pretty easy to understand guy compared to some of the world's finest voice actors you're stuck listening to on your team in MyCareer, Dante Exum is hardly a menacing rival.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Zach Lavine is broken in MyTeam mode.

Get him and just win every drat game. He is insane.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

inSTAALed posted:

Zach Lavine is broken in MyTeam mode.

Get him and just win every drat game. He is insane.

Idk how far youve gotten but he starts becoming pretty ineffective at the Houston mark in domination. But yea before that running him, Melo, and Rookie Durant/Bradley Beal could not be stopped on fast breaks

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I played a ton of domination in MyTeam over the weekend thanks to a foot injury and now have an awesome team of Wall / Oladipo / Rookie Durant / Millsap / Marc Gasol with a bench rotation of Isaiah Thomas, Tim Hardaway Jr, Jonas Jerekbo, and Kevin Garnett. I had Kobe for about a quarter before he broke his kneecap and will be out the next sixteen games. Oladipo is weirdly the most fun player to play with because he's fast, can shoot threes, and throws down tons of awesome dunks. I'm up to Houston now and playing as gamey as possible to try and keep advancing, it's fun as hell.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
This game is so hilarious when it breaks.

I swept the Pacers in the first round of the playoffs in Myplayer. My dude was nuts the whole series, something like 30 points, 20 boards, 6 blocks in the final game. Paul George had talked some poo poo to me before the series started, so in the tunnel after Game 4, I was excited to see him come up and tell me I was the man and that actually it was him that sucked.

Instead, he came over to me and gloated over the fact that I wasn't ready for primetime, but maybe next year I would be, if I kept working hard. I dejectedly walked out of the tunnel as George walked away, his arms raised triumphantly.

After the game I had two tweets telling me that Paul George really gave it to me in that series, and two tweets telling me how great I played and that the Raptors were moving on to the next round.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What's up with scrimmage having the shittiest camera setup that you can't change.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

the_american_dream posted:

Idk how far youve gotten but he starts becoming pretty ineffective at the Houston mark in domination. But yea before that running him, Melo, and Rookie Durant/Bradley Beal could not be stopped on fast breaks

He can dunk anywhere in the 3 pt arc. It is nuts. 98 dunking :rip: defense

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
How is this play supposed to be ran? I know they pass it to me at the top of the paint but then what happens? I pass it to a guy who goes to the hoop? A lot of times hes covered. I do however like the play where I start off at the 3 point line on the left then get the ball and get a screen and get around everyone straight into an open lane to the hoop.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
that play seems like it's supposed to attack an aggressive Defense(Either going for the Steal, or face guarding you), You take the Pass and then either drive on the defender in your face, call a pick, or if the defender is sagging off and you can hit a 3 shoot the shot. There could also be some offball action that gets another player open for a shot.

I would probably shoot the shot, or call the Pick and Drive.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 27, 2014

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007
For the daily VC bonus on the app, can I wait, like, 72ish hours and get 9 bonus picks or can I only get 3 picks at a time?

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily

A Millen Buckaroo posted:

For the daily VC bonus on the app, can I wait, like, 72ish hours and get 9 bonus picks or can I only get 3 picks at a time?

I think it's only 3 picks at a time, but you can hold 3 other cards from previous.

As for my own experience with MyCareer, I was called out by James Harden instead of Paul George when I owned the Rockets to sweep them in the playoffs.

Second season, signed for the money: Lakers. As a Center, I only put my points into athletic, rebounding, and defense. Now on the Lakers, I am averaging a triple double because Kobe rarely misses. Pass Kobe the ball, watch him score, get assist points.

Anyone have a good reference of all the different cutscenes in MyCareer? I got a lot in season one, but season two seems to be lacking.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Millen Buckaroo posted:

3 picks at a time and the 24 hour clock for three more doesn't start until you pick them (which is super dumb)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When do you get a shoe contract? I feel like a scrub with generic kicks.

• Locked thread