Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've done it. I've platinumed all of hard mode and beaten all the Muspellheim's. Now I must find the remaining Witch Hearts, Moons Orbs, beat the last two Witch Trials, and then comes Non-Stop Infinite Climax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I need to get out of training mode and back into the game. It's tough to escape from.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Try as I might, I can't beat the second fight with Jeanne in the first game. I guess I'll just turn of the WiiU and go to bed, defeated.

TyrantGuardian
Jan 26, 2011
Any EU Tag Climax players up for some 3 Star fighting? Most of the randoms I play with seem more interested in farming halos than taking on challenging encounters.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Austrian mook posted:

Try as I might, I can't beat the second fight with Jeanne in the first game. I guess I'll just turn of the WiiU and go to bed, defeated.

Heres a weird trick for Jeanne/Joys: punch punch punch kick kick kick combo wrecks them. The first two kicks trip her, then the WW deals good damage.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I'd be up for some EU bashing of an evening - Add NNID Brainmage if you want to play online with someone who, all things considered, is a bit poo poo.

Are therer any good guides to how to not totally suck in Bayonetta 2? I've finished it on normal and got mostly silver/gold. Doed the Moon of Wossanme basically work like the parry in Revengeance? Oh god I suck at these games.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I've got a Wii U, a Pro Controller, and this coming in the mail on Friday. I can't loving wait.

If I already played Bayo 1 on 360, am I good to just jump in to 2, or should I play through it again here anyways?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I jumped to 2 and you should too unless playing the same game with nintendo costumes trumps playing the best action game you've ever laid eyes on.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
That sounds like a pretty easy choice. Thanks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I'm liking this game a lot. It feels very much like Bayonetta 1 but bigger and better.

One thing though that does annoy me, and that annoyed me with the first as well, is how easy it is to miss LP pieces. I had two levels in a row (the first two where the LP is broken into 3 pieces) where I missed out on getting the new weapon. Now, half the fun of Bayonetta is messing around with new weapons, and it really bums me out that I'm going to have to wait until I go back and replay those levels to see what I missed. I just feel like if they want to give you rewards for scouring the levels, that's great. Make it witch hearts or moon pearls. But don't make it so that you can miss fundamental parts of the combat :shrug:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

PantsBandit posted:

So I'm liking this game a lot. It feels very much like Bayonetta 1 but bigger and better.

One thing though that does annoy me, and that annoyed me with the first as well, is how easy it is to miss LP pieces. I had two levels in a row (the first two where the LP is broken into 3 pieces) where I missed out on getting the new weapon. Now, half the fun of Bayonetta is messing around with new weapons, and it really bums me out that I'm going to have to wait until I go back and replay those levels to see what I missed. I just feel like if they want to give you rewards for scouring the levels, that's great. Make it witch hearts or moon pearls. But don't make it so that you can miss fundamental parts of the combat :shrug:

You can replay them at any time though. The LP pieces in question are rather well-hidden too in both places, you have to really scour for 'em.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

You can replay them at any time though. The LP pieces in question are rather well-hidden too in both places, you have to really scour for 'em.

oh, yeah I know I can but it kind of ruins the momentum of the game, yeah? I mean I'd rather be experiencing new content and moving through the story than having to go back to levels I've already played and search every nook and cranny for LP pieces.

I mean I guess it's just a personal preference thing. Some people feel a sense of accomplishment from it. I'd rather they just make the weapons unmissable and have other stuff to find.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Mech farming with Jeanne and the Gaze of Despair is nuts. Just on my first "what the heck am i doing" run I cleared 700,000 halos which I then immediately spent on dresses but you know whatever.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Ending spoiler qquestion

If Balder is sent back in time to before the events of Bayonetta, and Loptr is why he's evil, how does he have the Right Eye, since Loki erased them from existence?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

AzureRequiem posted:

Ending spoiler qquestion

If Balder is sent back in time to before the events of Bayonetta, and Loptr is why he's evil, how does he have the Right Eye, since Loki erased them from existence?

I think he doesn't. He was sent back to a time when it existed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AzureRequiem posted:

Ending spoiler qquestion

He is sent back in time to a time when the eyes still exist.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

how loving cool is it when you're wearing the Mario costume and you do the fist of the north star type move while in umbran climax and bowser's fists are just flying fast and furious into the face of your enemies.

It's really loving cool.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Decided to try out Bayo 1 for a quick bit before work. Still as great as ever and glad the Nintendo costumes are open from the start! But I do kind of wish that the alt control schemes in 2 found their way here. I like having lock-on on ZL.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

This game is fun as gently caress but I haven't bought any accessories yet since I have no idea what's worth bothering with. What accessories should I pick up?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The Pro Controller is a good choice for this game and just about any other game that doesn't depend on the Gamepad (most of them).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah, I tried using the gamepad and instantly became (even more) terrible. Go for the pro controller if possible.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

This game is fun as gently caress but I haven't bought any accessories yet since I have no idea what's worth bothering with. What accessories should I pick up?

Really the most important one (assuming this one is like Bayo1) is the Moon of Mahakala as higher difficulty levels will require you to counter to enter witch time.

Other than that it's just preference. A lot of them are designed to make the game easier for newbs.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I almost got a pro controller, but honestly the gamepad is so good that I saw no reason to waste money on it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Really the most important one (assuming this one is like Bayo1) is the Moon of Mahakala as higher difficulty levels will require you to counter to enter witch time.

Other than that it's just preference. A lot of them are designed to make the game easier for newbs.

I haven't tried it yet, but I hear that witch time isn't disabled on infinity climax in 2.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I told the gamespot cashier that I didn't play bayonetta 1 and didn't really know what to expect, and he told me his GF really liked the touch controls and that I should try them. Now that I have tried the touch controls, was he calling me bad at video games and girly? I'm getting angry

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
You should complain to his manager IMO

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I almost got a pro controller, but honestly the gamepad is so good that I saw no reason to waste money on it.

I got one because it was more or less the only way to play coop on Hyrule Warriors, but I'm really happy with the purchase now that Bayonetta is out. Its a lot more relaxing to use the pro controller on the couch, than it is to hold the giant gamepad.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ethanol posted:

I told the gamespot cashier that I didn't play bayonetta 1 and didn't really know what to expect, and he told me his GF really liked the touch controls and that I should try them. Now that I have tried the touch controls, was he calling me bad at video games and girly? I'm getting angry

Girlfriend Mode™

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

ethanol posted:

Yes, he was a piece of poo poo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What ARE the touch controls? Is it a different version of Automatic Easy?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What ARE the touch controls? Is it a different version of Automatic Easy?

You tap a monster and it literally combos for you for like six seconds without any input, like I've been using it to smoke while I play sometimes

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I like using the pro controller for rapid button mashing like for torture attacks and boss QTEs because I feel like I'm less likely to break a pro controller than I am the game pad. Also the pro controller lasts forever and a half before you have to recharge, so I don't have to tether myself to a power outlet and can just play all over my room if I wanted to.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I lifted the final boss with whip feet, this game owns and the whips are insanely good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I lifted the final boss with whip feet, this game owns and the whips are insanely good.

I like the chainsaws more but the whips are super fun. I wish they synergized a bit better.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
Kamiya turned up at valve. I hope this means platinum back catalogue appearing on steam, given that Sega allowed Valkyria Chronicles on recently.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SurrealityCheck posted:

Kamiya turned up at valve. I hope this means platinum back catalogue appearing on steam, given that Sega allowed Valkyria Chronicles on recently.

Wait, what is this about Valkyria Chronicles on Steam?

It'd depend more on the publishers (mostly Sega) than Platinum in terms of their back catalog though, but if they got VC there...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, what is this about Valkyria Chronicles on Steam?

It'd depend more on the publishers (mostly Sega) than Platinum in terms of their back catalog though, but if they got VC there...

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Valkyria+Chronicles

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

SurrealityCheck posted:

japanese fashion vs american fashion.jpg

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would be super rad if Sega could get some Platinum games on there.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

seriously who even longboards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Haven't had a ton of time to play this but finally got to the second sage fight. God drat that fight was fun.

• Locked thread