Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Here's some profiles for enemies that show up later on in the special campaigns in Battle Cats. I've reached the 12th chapter (chapters in the special campaign are fairly short, only six to eight levels each), and some of the levels and enemy combos have been totally nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well I'm back on the battle cats wagon. So it seems the level 30 normal cats blow away their speical cat counter part.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

http://i.imgur.com/6cmOyab.png
Has an amazing double attack ability but goddammit :pedo: ill just have to level her a bit then use her as training material.

Also my main star player looks alright but her next evolution is going to make her this:

http://i.imgur.com/CGBml76.png
Gameplay and teambuilding is super fun but the anime levels in this? :suicide:

I got the other side of the coin and ended up with a bunch of pretty bois (and Robin) as my star players :swoon:

Tragically the only one really worth a long term gently caress is Virgil and now I wish I had the kind of money needed to blow in buying card packs.

I need a 5 or 6-star striker so bad :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah, I mean I have good looking cards, I was cherry picking the worst offenders though. But not a hard task to be honest.

If you've been picking up all the swirlies and penguins, dont forget to check out the character menu in your manager screen. You get 30 crystals for each complete collection you have and the penguins and swirlies practically fill themselves out for you. The first time I checked it out I got 150 crystals from what I'd already collected.

There's also going back to easier story missions and getting those 5 extra crystal bonuses is pretty fast too.

I kind of want Sage even if he doesnt fit in my team simply because his evolution is so fabulous.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 27, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I now have 150 cat food I don't usually spend premium currency on things, so would buying a rare cat ticket be the best option?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Feenix posted:

So I now have 150 cat food I don't usually spend premium currency on things, so would buying a rare cat ticket be the best option?

Kinda like PAD, they do rare cat ticket events where even rarer cats become available. Save your cat food for those.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Do you think this thread would have 49 pages if all the Battle Cats posts weren't here

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Do you think this thread would have 49 pages if all the Battle Cats posts weren't here
Probably not. It would likely have about 47-48 though.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kinda like PAD, they do rare cat ticket events where even rarer cats become available. Save your cat food for those.
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh some of those are kinda dumb and not nightmarish cat abomination related(and more anime related).

noirstronaut posted:

Do you think this thread would have 49 pages if all the link refs weren't here
Someone really needs to open the iOS link ref thread again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Can you dig a thread out of archives if you made it, or is it gone forever?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
After an hour or two of getting used to the controls, GTA: San Andreas in glorious native 6+ resolution is pretty loving awesome.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh no, he's got a Red version? :gonk:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

SynthOrange posted:

Add a new post to it and let's find out!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

I don't have archives so poo poo is just gone forever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah no luck. You lazy asses are just going to have to make a new battle cats thread.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Please.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah no luck. You lazy asses are just going to have to make a new referral code thread.

Opal posted:

Please.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Opal posted:

Please.

Ok fine, I don't even play this game but I'll put a thread together now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nah don't bother just post about your favorite cats here.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Still jealous of your super rare pull, mine is Nerd Cat:

Super long distance hit where he just sits in the back and opens a trap door with a hammer that springs out at the front line. Slow as gently caress for everything though - movement, attack, recharge, whatever. Also expensive to upgrade, as you can see here.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Too late.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676545

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
iOS Referral Code Thread: poo poo here, not there

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Monster Strike question: I just got a 5* monster called "Striker, Jr" from their PAL machine equivalent. Good? Bad? Whatever?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Monster Strike question: I just got a 5* monster called "Striker, Jr" from their PAL machine equivalent. Good? Bad? Whatever?

Whale trap. His nominal max stat total blows but his total after being upgraded with Morlings is absurd.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Having had no iOS device for 2 years I just got an iPad mini 2 with retina display (do they all have that?) today and I am keen to pick up a couple new games. What's regarded as the best tower defense game I can buy outright (not free with IAPs)? I really liked Sentinel 3 and completed that in 2011.

Also, I have all the Dragon Quest games on iOS or PS2 otherwise I would go for one of those, but is there anything similar that is not Final Fantasy or horribly grindy/juvenile-cutesy like so many JRPGs are?

I'd get Baldurs Gate EE if I didn't already own it on PC and Android - any other good Western RPGs? I'm considering Shadowrun Returns as it is on special (EDIT: Is this a permanent price drop?), even though I have it on Steam too :/

Thanks guys.

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 27, 2014

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
Mentioned Banner Saga earlier in the thread if you're into story-centric games with some strategy battles thrown in there. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is also a great port. And Battleheart: Legacy is a very good exclusive.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Cook, Serve, Delicious! is the best western hardcore roguelike food management simulator JRPG out there.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I didn't love what i saw of Banner Saga thus far (I played whatever was for free on Steam a while back) but maybe it works well on iOS, thanks for the suggestion.

I finished KOTOR on PC as well - do you know if they are going to release a patched version of the sequel?

Never heard of Battleheart: Legacy, so thanks, I will look that up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Get the San Andreas port while it's on one time only sale, best rpg/gang love story simulator ever made.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I can just imagine it handling like dogshit on touchscreen though :/

No?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

BadAstronaut posted:

No?

It handles very surprisingly well and adds things like auto targeting for what would have been insanely annoying otherwise. Takes a few minutes to get used to be I'm deep into it now and don't even notice the controls anymore.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It handles very surprisingly well and adds things like auto targeting for what would have been insanely annoying otherwise. Takes a few minutes to get used to be I'm deep into it now and don't even notice the controls anymore.

How's the train mission?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How's the train mission?

Didn't get there yet... 0.0 will report back!

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

BadAstronaut posted:

No?

Yes, but a massive improvement on how unbelievably bad it was in Vice City.
Personally, I gave up on trying to play the loving thing after a while because who needs that poo poo, yaknow?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

BadAstronaut posted:

Never heard of Battleheart: Legacy, so thanks, I will look that up.

Don't get too devoted to one class type. Success in Battleheart Legacy depends on you splitting up your stats and skills between every class to diversify your abilities.

You should get the original Battleheart, too. It's the best game on ios after Helsing's Fire. and vvv Battle Cats

RETURN OF BATTLE CATS

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If you have an Xbox One or a 360, you should just get San Andreas there for like 4 bucks. It's literally the same port, same graphics, same this, same that, all of it. It may handle well on iOS, but you still have to remember that handling well on iOS is akin to getting a vegan cake with actual carrots in it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I know not everyone has one but it's the year 2014 and iOS supports Bluetooth controllers. San Andreas has had controller support since it came out last year.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

If you have an Xbox One or a 360, you should just get San Andreas there for like 4 bucks. It's literally the same port, same graphics, same this, same that, all of it. It may handle well on iOS, but you still have to remember that handling well on iOS is akin to getting a vegan cake with actual carrots in it.

Hmmm yes let me just sit in front of my tv like a drat fool. Also by this logic you should never ever play a game on iOS since better sources are everywhere.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hmmm yes let me just sit in front of my tv like a drat fool. Also by this logic you should never ever play a game on iOS since better sources are everywhere.

IMO if you're playing something at home you should never play a game on your tiny device when you have any other system in your house that can play it. If you bought a controller for your iOS device I can see how you'd have confirmation bias on this tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That's not really true or what i meant at all. Games like RETRY, Banner Saga, Brothers, all work well and perfectly fine on iOS with touch screen controls. Sam Andreas and all of the other GTA games Rockstar releases on iOS (alongside those old school Sonic games SEGA releases and numerous others) are ports of console games and don't handle that well at all in comparison.

Even with controller support, you're either creating an environment to play that game on a tiny screen and it only become practical if you're always in the office or want to play the game that often while you're at some place other than your home OR you're sacrificing major controls (two shoulder buttons) for the sake of portability.