Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
The whole "radio silence" thing is just a gentleman's agreement giving everyone who wants it an equal chance to figure out the mechanics by themselves first. It's not an elitism thing, it's just an intricate "no spoilers" request the community largely honors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

orange juche posted:

I don't mind people doing that but it usually winds up exploding into a drama bomb on internal forums etc. I'm not a hardcore raider, I'll follow after other people have beaten their faces for 300+ hours per boss to clear it, but Hardcore Raiders™ almost without fail like to poo poo on other people in their guild for not being on their level, which understandably causes a lot of friction and possibly a collapse of a guild/fc.

I dunno PBC is still alive and well.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KaneTW posted:

To be fair, linkshells help a lot with that. They act as pretty decent pressure valves.

I just wish we could have more than eight of them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

KaneTW posted:

This is only because the hardest of poopsockers have segregated themselves from the herd in an attempt to save us from themselves.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Fishious posted:

On radio silence, Japanese groups tend to be more willing to stream and there's mrhappy who seems to care about getting views more. We followed these dudes from Bahamut during scob progression and they cleared pretty early, I have no idea if they are still together or if they will stream again though.

Speaking of, is it true that Mrhappy apparently tried to cheat the roulette at las vegas fanfest?

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

So-called "radio silence" isn't some conspiracy to keep the secret elven knowledge out of the hands of man or whatever, it's just that the people who are "radio silent" are busy...playing the game.

Kill screenshots from people vying for world and server firsts will be uploaded and posted immediately, with videos following closely after for uploaders under the false impression that they can make money from views for a FFXIV video.

CrimsonObserver
May 24, 2012

Levantine posted:

drat it, I've been reading up on patches and I need to get back into this. Real life pulled me out then other games grabbed my attention. I haven't played seriously since like March so I have a lot of catching up to do. Thief/Ninja was my jams in XI so even though everyone else will be playing them, I'm going to have to give it a try.

If you try really hard I'm sure you can become the Fifth Hokage!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Levantine posted:

drat it, I've been reading up on patches and I need to get back into this. Real life pulled me out then other games grabbed my attention. I haven't played seriously since like March so I have a lot of catching up to do. Thief/Ninja was my jams in XI so even though everyone else will be playing them, I'm going to have to give it a try.

Sup Lev! Still want to do an Atheon HM cheese? :)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

To be fair, linkshells help a lot with that. They act as pretty decent pressure valves.

I just wish we could have more than eight of them.

That's definitely true. LS are a really nice thing in general (my phone kept trying to write Teheran what the hell)

Fake edit: FF14 expansion 2 will be based on the middle east.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Chairman posted:

The whole "radio silence" thing is just a gentleman's agreement giving everyone who wants it an equal chance to figure out the mechanics by themselves first. It's not an elitism thing, it's just an intricate "no spoilers" request the community largely honors.

Oh, that's neat then I suppose. I assumed it was like WoW where each raiding guild is it's own thing and everyone else can get hosed. In a game about killing a big mean monster with spooky reverb for pants.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mango Polo posted:

Sup Lev! Still want to do an Atheon HM cheese? :)

I did and then I did a full run that ended in cheese. Thanks though! I've done just about everything Destiny has to offer and Final Fantasy is calling my name again...

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

The Chairman posted:

Alongside this, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say anything that comes close to 'raider elitism' in the PBC FC chat. My experience with games is that most of the people actually out there getting the world-firsts are too busy playing the game to be elitist and don't actually care about how anyone else wants to have fun.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Levantine posted:

I did and then I did a full run that ended in cheese. Thanks though! I've done just about everything Destiny has to offer and Final Fantasy is calling my name again...

Same here, FF14 is scratching an hitch that Destiny doesn'T. Tanking is fun, fat chocobo is fun.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

Oh, that's neat then I suppose. I assumed it was like WoW where each raiding guild is it's own thing and everyone else can get hosed. In a game about killing a big mean monster with spooky reverb for pants.

It's still like that, but it doesn't burst to the surface as open hostility as readily as in WoW, due to the aforementioned Linkshells. If a group wants to segregate themselves, linkshells make it very easy to do so without removing themselves from the guild.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
edit; whoops

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is only because the hardest of poopsockers have segregated themselves from the herd in an attempt to save us from themselves.

That's indeed the case but we don't look down on others for not playing on a similar level.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mango Polo posted:

Same here, FF14 is scratching an hitch that Destiny doesn'T. Tanking is fun, fat chocobo is fun.

yesss, it's going to be a bit of a challenge to learn how to play again but it sounds like there is a significant amount of content to catch up on!

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

KaneTW posted:

That's indeed the case but we don't look down on others for not playing on a similar level.

Well, mostly

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Chairman posted:

Well, mostly

Most of those people walked right on out after PBC formed when 2.0 dropped though, and I sincerely hope the door didn't hit them on the way out.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

The Chairman posted:

Well, mostly

It's hard to restrain oneself sometimes.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Levantine posted:

yesss, it's going to be a bit of a challenge to learn how to play again but it sounds like there is a significant amount of content to catch up on!

I don't suppose you're on (or were) Excal?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mango Polo posted:

I don't suppose you're on (or were) Excal?

yeah, sure was. I rolled with PBC til real life got in the way. Character name is Levantine. I was tanking pretty much exclusively with Paladin so getting back into that is the adjustment. :)

I think I'll pop on before the patch hits to get re-acquainted with everything. I need to remember where all my buttons are.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 27, 2014

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

KaneTW posted:

Oh okay I must have imagined all those sperg posts in this thread.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Sacro posted:

Oh okay I must have imagined all those sperg posts in this thread.

Hi please provide examples. Hard mode: belzac doesn't count.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Levantine posted:

yeah, sure was. I rolled with PBC til real life got in the way. Character name is Levantine. I was tanking pretty much exclusively with Paladin so getting back into that is the adjustment. :)

I think I'll pop on before the patch hits to get re-acquainted with everything. I need to remember where all my buttons are.

Patch already hit broheim. Server's down for another 16 hours.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

orange juche posted:

Is it available for download yet? I tried when I got up before I went to work and no dice.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

KaneTW posted:

You cussed me out on my first post in this thread :(

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

orange juche posted:

Haha, well then! I guess I'll get my feet wet when its back up.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Is it available for download yet? I tried when I got up before I went to work and no dice.

I don't think the patch will be available through the launcher until the login server is back up, at a minimum.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Widestancer posted:

That has got nothing to do with your aptitude at the game and everything with me not liking your posts.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Widestancer posted:

KaneTW posted:

That has got nothing to do with your aptitude at the game and everything with me not liking your posts.

do not be mean to my friend Widestancer.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

orange juche posted:

I don't think the patch will be available through the launcher until the login server is back up, at a minimum.

Ah, alright. I know sometimes it's available really quickly and others it takes nearly to the end of maintenance. Was just hoping to have it installed ahead of time so I could do a few things between getting up and heading to work tomorrow morning.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

KaneTW posted:

Which posts are those?

This game is basically the only MMO worth playing seriously right now from what I can see. I've had it installed for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger on a sub yet. If Orange Juche is in on it I might just do that.

Athray
Jul 2, 2010
MORE RAF CODE

VBVGMYA3

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Which posts are those?

This game is basically the only MMO worth playing seriously right now from what I can see. I've had it installed for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger on a sub yet. If Orange Juche is in on it I might just do that.

At that time it was mostly you stirring poo poo in the cesspool that was the AA thread.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

KaneTW posted:

At that time it was mostly you stirring poo poo in the cesspool that was the AA thread.

Sorry you were seriously involved in discussing things in a thread full of terrible people, they deserved to have their thread endlessly owned.

Back on topic: I crashed out right on the doorstep of the ROG guild, and 1700 JST is when the server comes back up, right in the middle of my primetime. I am aiming to be one of the first people to the counter to get ROG unlocked.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 27, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

KaneTW posted:

Are you importing cross game drama :eek:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

KaneTW posted:

Well it got several people who either think sticking their dicks in kids is a good and okay thing to do or their apologists banned so it all worked out in the end.

I don't think that's a problem here since the nostalgia level would hopefully make that sort of thing like a crime against humanity or something.

The game's soundtracks I played in Theatrhythm have me even more pumped.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Widestancer posted:

Well it got several people who either think sticking their dicks in kids is a good and okay thing to do or their apologists banned so it all worked out in the end.

I don't think that's a problem here since the nostalgia level would hopefully make that sort of thing like a crime against humanity or something.

The game's soundtracks I played in Theatrhythm have me even more pumped.

I really enjoy the music in this game. The song that plays when you are fighting a big FATE monster is my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SarutosZero posted:

I really enjoy the music in this game. The song that plays when you are fighting a big FATE monster is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgTdQGzlJZ8
FATE boss theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZDnlAg3Pk

My favorite song in FFXIV, Ultima Weapon's Theme, this music with this fight in hard mode honestly got me pumped when it was current content.

FFXIV probably has the best soundtrack I have ever heard in an MMO.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 27, 2014

• Locked thread