Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Rhyno, what did you do this time?

Hell if I know, I've made all of 9 posts outside of AI since I came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

seeing about the possibility of getting 3 phase 208 (we're right down the road from a substation, so we're hopeful).

That has little to do with substation location and everything to do with what transformers are on the poles near the property. If there isn't a 3-phase one already you'll likely have to pay for it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

mariooncrack posted:

The oneplus one site is already down.

Why did I even bother?

Never settle!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Phone posted:

Would anyone be interested in a Chump build out thread/general "this is what's going on in Phone's life" thread? The Miata is on the back burner because I don't particularly want to blow like another 10k on it (whenever the current motor gives up the ghost, I'm K swapping it, but that's a bit far out).
C'mon, let's get some more Phone content in here.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CommieGIR posted:

The guy accepted our offer! The house is as good as ours. :bubblewoop:

Now to be poor for the next 30 years.
Congrats on the house, looks like it has a decent garage.

Phone posted:

Would anyone be interested in a Chump build out thread/general "this is what's going on in Phone's life" thread?
We had a Chump thread at some point but it died off. I'd watch a thread about you guys building up the Lexus and point out stupid poo poo you're doing wrong.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Phone posted:

Would anyone be interested in a Chump build out thread/general "this is what's going on in Phone's life" thread?

I'd read it.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

Phone posted:

Would anyone be interested in a Chump build out thread/general "this is what's going on in Phone's life" thread? The Miata is on the back burner because I don't particularly want to blow like another 10k on it (whenever the current motor gives up the ghost, I'm K swapping it, but that's a bit far out).

Doo eeet!

Rhyno posted:

Hell if I know, I've made all of 9 posts outside of AI since I came back.

You seem to have more detractors than I do. I guess comic nerds never forgive or forget.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

A: Exploders do have pretty comfortable seats. Plus you'll find that American SUVs can take some abuse and neglect and truck along like nothings wrong.

B: 2 bucks for that console? Score. I have some CCR and Rolling Stones 8 tracks in a box some where. If I find them I'll ship them to you.

Eddie Bauer leather seats have pretty good lumbar support, too. It feels kind of odd to just set the cruise while flooring it and stop giving a crap because you'll never speed, even if you drive off a drat cliff. drat thing went FASTER with an extra ton of junk and people in it than it does unloaded. I tried the factory motorcraft plugs and it dropped to 16mpg so I stuck the Bosch +4 back in and it sits at 19 all drat day (on 85.5). :shrug:

The FM stereo in the console is absolutely awesome. That weird bump in the back is a removable cover to store your 8 tracks on top. It is in amazing condition. Sadly, the rear model sticker came off, and I can't figure out what it is. First time I've seen a separate AM/FM tuning display while still running off the same singular knob. It has phono and tape (reel of course) RCA inputs on the back. May just have to replace the 90s CD/cassette combo small footprint box that I was using with it.

I did a 'how to change songs' demo for my youngest cousin on the radio (by adjusting the tuning knob). She wanted to take the radio to school for show and tell. :3:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Motronic posted:

That has little to do with substation location and everything to do with what transformers are on the poles near the property. If there isn't a 3-phase one already you'll likely have to pay for it.

This makes me so glad the spot I want to build a shop is right next to a power line RoW with 3 phase already hanging on it:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viggen posted:

Doo eeet!

You seem to have more detractors than I do. I guess comic nerds never forgive or forget.

Yeah, there's a bunch of butthurt little babies in BSS who just can't get over that they were never able to work in the amazing field of comic book retail and they hate me for it. Also virgins.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, there's a bunch of butthurt little babies in BSS who just can't get over that they were never able to work in the amazing field of comic book retail and they hate me for it. Also virgins.

Comic book fans, like comic books, are really bad :whatup:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Rhyno posted:

Holy loving poo poo, that's actually the saddest loving thing I've heard in a long time. I literally don't understand how a brain can think that, and I have a Green Lantern username and a Doctor Who dating sim parody avatar.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

How long until Kevin Smith turns your life story into a movie?

Chasing Red State Mallrat Dogma

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Rhyno posted:

Anonymous Confessions Thread posted:

I'm the comic book writer from before. I am NOT Frank Miller, he's a wee bit older than me.

I'll give advice to any aspiring writers, including you Windows 98. Write every day, force yourself to do at least an hour a day. Doesnt matter much what you write, just do it. And send it out wherever you can. Prose, poems, free form, stream of consciousness, novels, whatever.

Also advice for BSS - you're all a bunch of cunts except for Gavok and a few others. CapnAndy again is a literal joke in the comics industry and is seen as "the worst kind of thing to come out of comics" and goons like Rhyno are bitter angry losers who like to bitch about comic writers who are insanely more successful and happy than them.

Comucs are fun. Some are terrible - who gives a poo poo. That's life - you perfectionist goons will never ne happy with anything. Maybe if you read my books a little closer you'd realize that, but your too far up your own asses.

You just got roasted by the comic book master man. I'd be humbled if I were you. :iceburn:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Baller Witness Bro posted:

You just got roasted by the comic book master man. I'd be humbled if I were you. :iceburn:

THIS FATAL BURN CONTINUED NEXT ISH!

E: gently caress, was gonna do an edit even if it'd make it a prepost edit.

E2:

Rhyno posted:

We're the worst.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Your cuttenpaste is breaking poo poo. I don't know a drat thing about BSS. Never been there, never will.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 27, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Comic book fans, like comic books, are really bad :whatup:

We're the worst.

Sinestro posted:

Holy loving poo poo, that's actually the saddest loving thing I've heard in a long time. I literally don't understand how a brain can think that, and I have a Green Lantern username and a Doctor Who dating sim parody avatar.

I wish I was making this up. There used to be a very active BSS IRC channel (might still be) and I went in under another name once and it was "I JUST WANT TO WORKIN A COMIC SHOP" from half of them.

Viggen posted:

How long until Kevin Smith turns your life story into a movie?

There's another BSSer who is better fodder, he was fired from his job for being a pedo but I don't know if that's public knowledge.

Chasing Red State Mallrat Dogma

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Is that real? Link me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Is that real? Link me.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3674792&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16#post436704415

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cool, I'll take some pictures and get an OP written up.

Adiabatic posted:

I'd subscribe to it.

Do you live in the Triangle?

I do.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

My regular doctor runs a walk in clinic. Still takes appointments though.

Called over the weekend, left a voicemail. Never heard back, so I showed up. They said he's booked solid, and that I should have left a voicemail.

Told them I did. "No you didn't, I'm the one who checks the voicemail"

Told them all I needed was 5 minutes of his time to write a script. Nope. We'll call you later to set up an appointment later in the week.

Trying to just get a script for naltrexone, which is for both opiate and alcohol cravings. I've had it before, printed out the NIH info on it and everything, in case he wasn't familiar with it.

Turns out a substance abuse center near home does medication management, and takes my insurance insurance. Waiting to be assessed, and trying my best not to make the poo poo out of the dude next to me who won't shut up about politics. Many of which I agree with, but he's just talking to the room.

Edit oh thank gently caress they finally brought me into an assessment room. Pretty sure that kid was on meth.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Pretty sure somebody in AI gave you that, it's a car avatar dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

I figured that. I was responding to Viggen about our haters.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

leica posted:

..but he got rid of the loving NEW Beetle.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Welp, Clinic won't do meds unless I do 6 hours a day of iop, or do inpatient. Neither are options for me. Though the assessor has her own therapy practice near the house, and takes my insurance, so if I need that...

Regular doc office just left a voicemail asking me to call them though.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

STR, just eat some morel mushrooms. They'll metabolize into acetaldehyde, which will keep your body from processing the alcohol- so if you break down and have a beer, you'll have an incredible hangover to regret.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Elmnt80 posted:

Circle pits are awesome and I always recommend jumping in if you see one forming.

I saw Black Dahlia Murder on Saturday in Sacaramento and the circle pit looked pretty fun. I hadn't been to a real show in ten years, last one was probably a local Bay Area hardcore type.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Wifi saturation, as seen from my apartment:

2.4GHz is basically useless due to interference, I get maybe 3Mbit/s if I'm lucky. So I set up a 5GHz 802.11a/n AP that was surplus at work and now I can actually saturate my 20Mbit/s DSL. Feels good to finally be running a decent wireless network, unlike those 2.4GHz plebs.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Posting from a mechanical room with a broken door latch. I didn't discover this until I was inside the room, so now I'm stuck in this elevator control/steam room. Honestly, I'm surprised this is the first time it's happened since I started this job. :sigh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

Wifi saturation, as seen from my apartment:

2.4GHz is basically useless due to interference, I get maybe 3Mbit/s if I'm lucky. So I set up a 5GHz 802.11a/n AP that was surplus at work and now I can actually saturate my 20Mbit/s DSL. Feels good to finally be running a decent wireless network, unlike those 2.4GHz plebs.

Don't forget if you have a 2.4 Ghz Router and a Microwave, you'll generally lose your wireless everytime you run the microwave.

5Ghz is awesome, its only downfall is its inability to penetrate most walls reliably.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CommieGIR posted:

5Ghz is awesome, its only downfall is its inability to penetrate most walls reliably.

I live in a 50mē 2-room apartment, I get plenty of penetration :quagmire:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Terrible Robot posted:

Posting from a mechanical room with a broken door latch. I didn't discover this until I was inside the room, so now I'm stuck in this elevator control/steam room. Honestly, I'm surprised this is the first time it's happened since I started this job. :sigh:

If you defeat all of the enemies, then the door will unlock.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Phone posted:

Brb, challenging the leaky steam pump to a duel.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Phone posted:

hint: defeat your inner demons and and face against the seven deadly sins.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

Brb, challenging the leaky steam pump to a duel.

Watch out for Slender Man in the corner!

Also, if your flashlight randomly flickers, that is a bad sign.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I dropped my phone this weekend and nuked the screen glass. Galaxy S4.

What's my best option for replacement. Last time I tried to DIY it the replacement screen didn't work on my S2+ and I'm done with that poo poo.

I just want the glass fixed and to be able to get the phone actually returned to me in working order.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Slow is Fast posted:

I just want the glass fixed and to be able to get the phone actually returned to me in working order.

If you only need the glass replaced, you can get it for about :10bux:. If the digitizer is pooched, most folks won't even try to do an LCD/digitizer decoupling, so you are probably looking at $200.

Terrible Robot posted:

Kick the door when they all vent at the same time then get ready to fight Ripburger.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 27, 2014

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Terrible Robot posted:

I think there was a scene like this in one of the Final Destination movies. Good luck.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Viggen posted:

If you only need the glass replaced, you can get it for about :10bux:. If the digitizer is pooched, most folks won't even try to do an LCD/digitizer decoupling, so you are probably looking at $200.

Kick the door when they all vent at the same time then get ready to fight Ripburger.

I was looking at this mail in service:

https://www.jcdrepair.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-screen-repair

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

Don't forget if you have a 2.4 Ghz Router and a Microwave, you'll generally lose your wireless everytime you run the microwave.

Only if the microwave leaks. Older ovens didn't seal as well as anything remotely modern.

We have a tablet in the kitchen (which is less than 5 feet from the microwave), and for awhile, had a PC on the counter nearby. Both 2.4 GHz wireless. No signal loss when running the microwave, which is a 1000 watt over-the-range unit (a lovely Tappan that's as loud as our clothes washer on spin, but it was cheap).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

some texas redneck posted:

Only if the microwave leaks. Older ovens didn't seal as well as anything remotely modern.

We have a tablet in the kitchen (which is less than 5 feet from the microwave), and for awhile, had a PC on the counter nearby. Both 2.4 GHz wireless. No signal loss when running the microwave, which is a 1000 watt over-the-range unit (a lovely Tappan that's as loud as our clothes washer on spin, but it was cheap).

Actually, depending on the Router, the Microwave probably still leaks a little.

But now WiFi has ECC to account for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference_at_2.4_GHz#Microwave_oven

Either way, the 2.4Ghz spectrum is a little crowded. I'll see if I can find my spectrum analyzer in the moving box and show you the wonderful affects of pulsing microwave frequencies upon WiFi packets.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 27, 2014

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

I had a nice modern microwave in my old fancy downtown high rise and it loving raped my 2.4ghz WiFi...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Said gently caress it and booked tomorrow off to spend some time with my kid, dropped the car off to have the clicking noise checked out. Turns out it's a job I can do myself for £100 or pay someone else £200.

What I'm saying is it seems I'm willing to pay the extra £100 to spend tomorrow with my kid rather than under the car.

I won't regret this decision.

• Locked thread