Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Zyla posted:

All I ask for is a show that doesn't make me question what I am doing with my life.

WWE has been doing this for ten years. It's okay, I'm also a battered wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ghosts and john cena are real

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
So I liked the show pretty much. I laughed at a few people who had no idea who Bray Wyatt was. "Was that the Undertaker? No it was totally Roman Reigns" lotta fun in the middle. Probably the most unexciting match was the bella match. People weren't really that into the tag match and the divas title match. Mizdow stole the show from his match as people began to pay less attention to the match and to what Mizdow was doing. Also a really pro Orton crowd, lots of RKO's in the mix of the "Let's go Cena/Cena suck" chants.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was pretty fun how the crowd was so into Sandow that when Sheamus got done clowning him they just died into crickets.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
that idiotically clunky backwards soundclip they played for a minute straight with the ghost was about the 9.99

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

TheRationalRedditor posted:

that idiotically clunky backwards soundclip they played for a minute straight with the ghost was about the 9.99

9.99 is the same frontways as backwards so you're lying

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

MotU posted:

9.99 is the same frontways as backwards so you're lying

66˙6

Also the first (I think) time they had Bray speaking in tongues in the new set of vignettes I reversed it and it was still gibberish. Just thought someone might find that info useful.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They really should have waited until the end of HIAC for Bray. They're not doing anyone favors by having so many non-finishes, especially since these guys are probably capable of a 5-Star Street Fight without a bunch of interference.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

66˙6

Also the first (I think) time they had Bray speaking in tongues in the new set of vignettes I reversed it and it was still gibberish. Just thought someone might find that info useful.
they repeated this one an obnoxious number of times so that means it probably said something they wanted a pat on the back for

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
YVAN EHT NIOJ

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TheRationalRedditor posted:

they repeated this one an obnoxious number of times so that means it probably said something they wanted a pat on the back for

They probably had trouble clearing the ring out of junk aside from the cinder blocks and getting the hole in the bottom of it open so Bray could unstick himself from the ring.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

WrasslorMonkey posted:

66˙6

I listened to that recording you made, it sounds an awful lot like random latin chanting run through some kind of budget vocal effect. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a barely edited stock sound of Gregorian monk chanting they ran through audacity and called it good.

Lloyd Braun
Jan 14, 2010
Dean and Seth was too good to end... but had gone on too long and been built too high not be blown off.

So we get the first amazing HIAC match in a long time, which makes Ambrose (and the cell) look like a million bucks, while giving him (and us) a legit reason to be so pissed off at Bray that he can ignore Rollins long enough to feud with Orton. We get that fun feud/turn, as well as the two best promo guys in the company going at it for the next few months. Then, by the time Mania season rolls around, it's high time for Seth to get what's coming to him in the real blowoff, at Wrestlemania, where it should be, after enough of a break to prevent any staleness. Maybe they even throw the title (or briefcase) into the mix for shits and giggles.

I came in wondering how either Ambrose or Rollins were gonna keep their momentum post-blowoff. I left knowing that I can expect two solid programs for the next few months and a fantastic plan for the spring.

... wait ... so you people think it made no sense???

Closure's great and all, but I don't want this door closed for a while yet.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Lloyd Braun posted:

Dean and Seth was too good to end... but had gone on too long and been built too high not be blown off.

So we get the first amazing HIAC match in a long time, which makes Ambrose (and the cell) look like a million bucks, while giving him (and us) a legit reason to be so pissed off at Bray that he can ignore Rollins long enough to feud with Orton. We get that fun feud/turn, as well as the two best promo guys in the company going at it for the next few months. Then, by the time Mania season rolls around, it's high time for Seth to get what's coming to him in the real blowoff, at Wrestlemania, where it should be, after enough of a break to prevent any staleness. Maybe they even throw the title (or briefcase) into the mix for shits and giggles.

I came in wondering how either Ambrose or Rollins were gonna keep their momentum post-blowoff. I left knowing that I can expect two solid programs for the next few months and a fantastic plan for the spring.

You have the correct opinions about wrestling.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Having slept on it, I still think Bray should have interfered after the match.

IF he absolutely had to do it before hand, the nix the stupid ghost because that's the only thing people are going to remember, and not in a good way.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Personally, I could've done with 10-12 minutes of Dean trying to fight the hologram and getting increasingly frustrated.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lotta babbys crying over that PPV.

Rollins winning via interference means it's not over, and it shouldn't be. They're building a long-rear end epic feud that's been consistently entertaining. A real ending would derail all of that. Yeah the cell match owned but Ambrose going over clean is the endgame and there's no reason that needs to end now. Sidetrack Dean a bit while they reintroduce Bray so Rollins has fewer obstacles for cashing in, then rekindle it whenever Rollins cashes in so Dean can go for the title because there's still a score to settle. Dean gets darker via Bray, Reigns heals up and goes for Rollins, but Ambrose isn't done with him yet because he got away last time. Ex-Shield triple threat at Wrestlemania. Calling it right now. HIAC still looks better than it did going in, Dean still looks awesome, Seth still looks like an opportunistic shitheel, Bray has something to do, and there will be more where that came from instead of just blowing it off at one of the minor PPVs of the year that everyone hates anyway because it's a gimmick PPV instead of a blood feud stip.

That was a drat solid PPV and y'all are acting like WWE put Big Show in the main event again. Me and my friend mark are gonna cancel our subscriptions. :qq:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it's fine if they go back to Ambrose vs. Rollins in a few months but that absolutely does not or should not preclude it from having a real finish at this point in time considering the fluid nature of WWE booking

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lloyd Braun posted:

They'll gently caress it up.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
This can only be saved if Dean feuds with the hologram instead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Rollins winning via interference means it's not over, and it shouldn't be. They're building a long-rear end epic feud that's been consistently entertaining. A real ending would derail all of that. Yeah the cell match owned but Ambrose going over clean is the endgame and there's no reason that needs to end now. Sidetrack Dean a bit while they reintroduce Bray so Rollins has fewer obstacles for cashing in, then rekindle it whenever Rollins cashes in so Dean can go for the title because there's still a score to settle. Dean gets darker via Bray, Reigns heals up and goes for Rollins, but Ambrose isn't done with him yet because he got away last time. Ex-Shield triple threat at Wrestlemania. Calling it right now. HIAC still looks better than it did going in, Dean still looks awesome, Seth still looks like an opportunistic shitheel, Bray has something to do, and there will be more where that came from instead of just blowing it off at one of the minor PPVs of the year that everyone hates anyway because it's a gimmick PPV instead of a blood feud stip.

That was a drat solid PPV and y'all are acting like WWE put Big Show in the main event again. Me and my friend mark are gonna cancel our subscriptions. :qq:

The problem is that the feud deserves a good, long payoff and now Dean's payoff, if he even gets one, will probably be in a 7-8 minute mania match buried under 3-4 other matches on the card.

The primary purpose of that finish wasn't to extend the feud though. It was to spin Ambrose's crowd response into heat for Bray and protect Rollins for Orton.

My guess is Bray gets the best of Ambrose for a while and when it's time for Ambrose's payoff on that, they find a way to put Reigns on Wyatt and shift Ambrose on to Harper.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm fine with spooky ghost effects on Raw, but for some reason it bugs me when it happens at the main event finish of a PPV. Maybe it's just because I stayed up late to watch Ambrose vs Seth and I was grumpy.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I just want it noted that weeks ago, when I predicted the Wyatt's interrupting HIAC, y'all said no way. Well there you go. I'll be having those points in the moral prediction game, thank you very much.

... I did say it would be the Cena/Orton HIAC, but that's just petty details.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I just wish Dean Ambrose had of shouted "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" at the hologram. Thats all I really wanted.

Honestly though, coming back from black to the arena filled with cell phone lights and the smoke rising in the middle of the ring was a super cool image and looked great on camera.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 27, 2014

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I really like the spooky ghost effect, and I like the fact that we have a supernatural-ish character again. I just wish it wasn't done as a gently caress finish in a highly anticipated match.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ghost was a brilliant way to make people forget that we're getting a 3rd fucken jhon cena vs brock lesnar match now

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

MinibarMatchman posted:

ghost was a brilliant way to make people forget that we're getting a 3rd fucken jhon cena vs brock lesnar match now

I liked the first match quite a bit, the second match only really sucked because of the gently caress finish, so I'm okay with a competitive third as long as Brock goes over which its pretty clear he will as the plan is to take him into Mania as the champ.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The ghost thing could be cool if at Mania they project a 300 foot tall Andre the Giant to kick off the second Memorial Battle Royal

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

triplexpac posted:

The ghost thing could be cool if at Mania they project a 300 foot tall Andre the Giant to kick off the second Memorial Battle Royal

And then they have a 400-foot tall Hulk Hogan hologram give an award to John Cena for being the best champion of all-time.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

having slept on it myself and having thought about it throughout the morning, i decided i am in fact pissed at the ending and i am afraid i have cancel all your network subscriptions.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Johanns Molemann posted:

having slept on it myself and having thought about it throughout the morning, i decided i am in fact pissed at the ending and i am afraid i have cancel all your network subscriptions.

not if this spooky ghost has anything to say about it! cower in fear!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

In all seriousness if they could make some or all of the Mania set a hologram that would be pretty neat.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Johanns Molemann posted:

You can't cancel something that isn't currently subscribed! Check and mate :smuggo:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Lloyd Braun posted:

sticklefifer posted:

People have the right to be annoyed over not having a payoff at the finish of a show they've paid for.

Not only that but there was no reason for Bray to be involved in that finish other than "HEY GUYS, HE'S BACK"! This isn't like Kane interfering in 1997. There was no reason for Bray to be out there other than they felt like they didn't want Ambrose to go over yet.

I don't care if both guys are going into 2 different feuds after last night - but it was a lovely finish to what would have been a great match. Also makes the 2nd paid show in a while with a poo poo ending that ruined a match.

Obviously they can do something in storyline to rehab this - but as of right now it's loving frustrating to have paid for another show with a poo poo finish.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 27, 2014

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
No one goes over the Authority at HIAC, is what I have learned.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

expect more ppvs like this that aren't in key renewal months.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Also when Kane debuted Paul Bearer was foreshadowing it and Kane debuted by tearing off the cage door and giving his brother the Tombstone.

Bray just came in and jumped Ambrose for no reason after distracting him with a ghost because he's gone from insane cult leader to Swamp Wizard.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dean Ambrose is the son of SISTER ABIGAIL

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

just watching the replay, and cole describes the cell as "malignant" right after the susan g. komen plug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

sk posted:

just watching the replay, and cole describes the cell as "malignant" right after the susan g. komen plug
I always found it weird when JR would call a punch or something "carcinogenic" too, it's like... isn't that too scientific to use as a metaphor?

But you know what gave me a full on case of super Hepatitis? That lovely finish last night, good god WWE. Good god. You build for months to this match and throw in a Russo run-in finish that helps neither of those guys. Rollins doesn't even get the dignity of a curb stomp before the pin. That match was so close to being a classic, plus it's two PPVs in a row where they threw out the main event. Call me crazy, I'm disappointed by this malarkey.

• Locked thread