Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

After a half hour of fiddling with that loop and almost in threading it altogether I finally got it. It didn't occur to me until later that I could have clipped it first and then slid it onto his thigh. Seriously awful.

I still haven't found a good stand to get for him, though I've been lax on more than cursory research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Picked up Predators series 12 yesterday, they all came out really nice. The upgraded Elder is amazing. I was gonna get the bad blood predator but the only vendor that had it wanted $30 for it. I have some Toys R us gift cards, ill buy it from there instead.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ultraviolence123 posted:

Big Bad Toy Store has the Marvel Select Carnage up for preorder. March 2015. A much nicer photo of the figure is shown there, with the alternate head, etc.
Holy gently caress that looks fantastic.

It looks like it's got two alternate heads, but the second alternate just kind of confuses me. Is it a nod to one of the other comic designs?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hey, you guys should sign this, in case some weird crazy lady takes away our toys.

https://www.change.org/p/toys-r-us-keep-breaking-bad-and-other-adult-collector-figures-on-tru-shelves

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
I'm more "shocked and appalled" at the $21 price tag than some toy drugs. Where's the petition against that Florida Mom?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

We need to sign a petition to have Mezco start making figures with articulation again.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Holy gently caress that looks fantastic.

It looks like it's got two alternate heads, but the second alternate just kind of confuses me. Is it a nod to one of the other comic designs?

Yeah one is the Bagley head and the other is whoever was drawing him during Maximum Carnage

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Yeah one is the Bagley head and the other is whoever was drawing him during Maximum Carnage

Bagley, Lim, Buscema and one other drew him during MC. Steven Butler maybe?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Bagley, Lim, Buscema and one other drew him during MC. Steven Butler maybe?

You know now that I look at it more closely, it might be Clayton Crain's version. Like the Carnage USA art.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Received my Black Series scout bike and prototype Boba Fett and some other stuff.

The Black series is really fantastic. I've been really really impressed with the Storm Troopers, Boba Fett, Chewie, and Greedo. I like the Lukes and Han, too. I'm not crazy about Vader's helmet proportions and think they made a mistake there; they should have released an unmasked variant instead. And the Jabba's Lair Leia is not great, but the version in the disguise looks like it will be great.

I really want those Figuarts Darth Vader and Storm Trooper to come out. There seems like there is little chance that the Vader will be to scale with the Black Series, though. I just need a perfect Vader now that I have a couple perfect Storm Troopers :negative:

In a moment of weakness I ordered Samurai Vader. I'm also curious about Sentinel's Iron Man. Never heard of Sentinel, but if Figuarts/Figma are the god-tier Marvel Legends then this looks like god-tier Marvel Select.

My Figma Iron Man should arrive soon. Might be the best 1/12 scale Iron Man yet! (Figuarts War Machine is loving amazing though)

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Sentinel is loving amazing. I got their Rio:Bone Panty & Stocking, which are very good even though they're one of Sentinel's early toys. Had some QC issues with wrist joints, but I've never heard of anything like that again with Sentinel. Also in case you missed, Samurai Vader is 7 inches tall. So more Selects than Legends.

btw Figuarts Vader just means you should collect SH Figuarts, which is a pretty great line if you like bugmen, bikes, DBZ, the Undefeated of the East, or Michael Jackson.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

vkeios posted:

Sentinel is loving amazing. I got their Rio:Bone Panty & Stocking, which are very good even though they're one of Sentinel's early toys. Had some QC issues with wrist joints, but I've never heard of anything like that again with Sentinel. Also in case you missed, Samurai Vader is 7 inches tall. So more Selects than Legends.

btw Figuarts Vader just means you should collect SH Figuarts, which is a pretty great line if you like bugmen, bikes, DBZ, the Undefeated of the East, or Michael Jackson.

I have the S.H. figuarts War Machine and Tamashii Nations Black and Gold Iron Man. The Iron Man is great although a little squat, but the War Machine is :vince:. It's my best 1/12 scale dude, I think. I also have Figuarts Mario and Daft Punk. They are so well designed and manufactured. The level of craftsmanship is really admirable and makes seemingly zero compromises.

It's just a shame their Big Chap came out weird.

I would die if they had the full Marvel comic license rather than just the iron man movies. A Figuarts Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom or Silver Surfer would erupt my eyeballs psyduck style

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
The Jubilee storm seems elusive...Anyone happen across one and not need the BAF piece?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It's just a shame their Big Chap came out weird.

Yeah, Bandai's sculptors aren't the best at some designs (If you want a laugh, see their One Piece figuarts). Thankfully, that War Machine of yours isn't one of them. His design was easily my favorite part of Iron Man 2 and I'd have been real sad if Bandai hosed that up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I saw some video reviews for the new ML Ms Marvel, and Hasbro really hosed up on the paint jobs. The hips and head are fleshtone plastic that's been painted, but everything else is black plastic that's been painted with fleshtones and it's super sloppy and doesn't match up.

I'm not sure that it's a dealbreaker for me yet, but it's a huge disappointment that Hasbro would drop the ball that badly on a figure I was really looking forward to. The figure itself is a straight up repaint of the Moonstone figure, it's not even a retool at all. All they had to do was paint it right, and they hosed it up. :sigh:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I saw some video reviews for the new ML Ms Marvel, and Hasbro really hosed up on the paint jobs. The hips and head are fleshtone plastic that's been painted, but everything else is black plastic that's been painted with fleshtones and it's super sloppy and doesn't match up.

I'm not sure that it's a dealbreaker for me yet, but it's a huge disappointment that Hasbro would drop the ball that badly on a figure I was really looking forward to. The figure itself is a straight up repaint of the Moonstone figure, it's not even a retool at all. All they had to do was paint it right, and they hosed it up. :sigh:

She looks fine in package to me, but I haven't opened and done anything with her yet to notice.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's noticeable but she's a vast improvement from the Giant Man waves version of her.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Has anyone used a matte wash on figures like Marvel Legends? Sometimes they have a sheen like a freshly waxes car and I think many would look better with a matte coat.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

It's noticeable but she's a vast improvement from the Giant Man waves version of her.
No argument there. The Moonstone body really is the best versatile female mold for Marvel Legends to date.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

WHAT

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

You evil evil bastards leave my wallet alone!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, again, just when i thought i was out....

what other 80s things are there left??? ughhh

1/6 scale Darkness from Legend?!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So Beetlejuice, Batman, Joker, and Marty McFly walk into my Detolf...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Thankfully the guy who runs Hot Toys doesn't like Star Trek or else I'd be hosed.

And if they did Star Trek it would be JJTrek which nobody would really want to spend hundred of dollars on.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Buckaroo Banzai? Cody from Streets of Fire?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Some of the deals in this Spooktacular sale are incredible, hoping Red Snapper gets a 30% off discount soon.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

Some of the deals in this Spooktacular sale are incredible, hoping Red Snapper gets a 30% off discount soon.

I really, really wish the Red Snapper hadn't been sculpted with a permanently slightly turned to the right torso.

Especially because that means it's the same on the Peacemaker.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I really, really wish the Red Snapper hadn't been sculpted with a permanently slightly turned to the right torso.

Especially because that means it's the same on the Peacemaker.

From all the videos I've seen its not super noticeable in person, I mean once you know about it, you'll always know its there, but I honestly don't mind, its the only figure that I'll display standing off to the side of its base, so it works for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

It's a shame Matty has the Ghostbusters licence. Some Hot Toys quality GBs would kill my wallet.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone who decided they were "all in" on Marvel Hot Toys is going to get wrecked

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Anyone who decided they were "all in" on Marvel Hot Toys is going to get wrecked

Oh god, what have I done

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Vintersorg posted:

David Bowie and the rest of the Labyrinth cast?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Coming 2018: 1/6 scale Jessica Fletcher.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
If you're having 1/6th problems I feel bad for you son
I got Legends problems but 1/6th ain't one

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

:golfclap:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Louisgod posted:

Whelp. Its true.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope you guys dont like money.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=18233

quote:

S.H. Figuarts Avengers Age Of Ultron Figures Coming

Thanks to a teaser display at the Tamashii Nations “Soul Nation” Event, we now know that S.H. Figuarts 6" scale Avengers Age of Ultron figures are coming in 2015. From the teaser image courtesy of Dengeki Hobby we can see that we will at least be getting figures of Captain America, Thor and possibly Hulk or Hulkbuster Ironman.

Figure Arts are some of the best goddamn things out there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

I hope you guys dont like money.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=18233

Figure Arts are some of the best goddamn things out there.

Thank god I don't need these. I'm gonna stick with the ML line.

Anybody else collecting the Artfx+ statues? I have most of the DC line (skipped the villains) and all the Avengers so far. Looks like they've announced an X-Men line for 2015 as well.

So far I've loved these statues, they price point is great (especially if you order early, some sellers have had them at half price) and the overall quality and sculpts are outstanding.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Oh gently caress. Welp. Maybe they will get around to making Hulk and actual villain figures a bit quicker than Figma.

Also, this Armorize Iron Man is looking pretty bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Thank god I don't need these. I'm gonna stick with the ML line.

Anybody else collecting the Artfx+ statues? I have most of the DC line (skipped the villains) and all the Avengers so far. Looks like they've announced an X-Men line for 2015 as well.

So far I've loved these statues, they price point is great (especially if you order early, some sellers have had them at half price) and the overall quality and sculpts are outstanding.

I haven't but I'll definitely be getting some of those.

Who is that between Magik and Magneto?