Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

For characters like that, you might also try going through the "Defeat all the enemies" missions and seeing if any of them have that character (or a dark version of them) pop up more than once. For instance, I know of one square where Agitha/Dark Agitha pop up 3 times in the course of the three room fight.

Now that I mention it, I think I might go back through those squares for my own reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So is there just no way at all to recover damage to your keep? Because you can try to save that thing all you want and it don't seem to regenerate at all.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Fix posted:

So is there just no way at all to recover damage to your keep? Because you can try to save that thing all you want and it don't seem to regenerate at all.

Has to have no enemies in it and it's really slow regardless. Just try to clear out as much as you can and take off as soon as there are no red clouds on the map there.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Fix posted:

If it's left alone for a little while it regenerates slowly. If it's not a critical keep, I usually let it flip and just take it right back if I need it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Spectacle Rock posted:

What level are your characters? I want to know what goons are doing. I have a near level 99 Sheik, my Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link are about level 50. And almost everyone else is near the level they start with. Am I doing this wrong? I just love playing with Sheik the most and use her rupees to level up other characters I enjoy.

My Link is 99; he's been my problem solver ever since I got the gauntlets. Zelda and Dorf are about 70, everyone else is about 60-65. I've got both Adventure and Master Quest finished, as a reference.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Spectacle Rock posted:

There is a quiz in the upper right area of the map where Midna appears as one of the people you aren't supposed to defeat. However, if the camera is on Midna as you defeat the real opponent, Ganondorf, both Midna and Ganondorf will drop an item. I just got Midna's gold drop (the fused shadow) using this method a few minutes ago.
Oh is that what determines whether they drop an item or not? I thought you just had to put some damage on them, too. Maybe I've been damaging them and the camera's always been on them? This requires testing!

Spectacle Rock posted:

What level are your characters? I want to know what goons are doing. I have a near level 99 Sheik, my Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link are about level 50. And almost everyone else is near the level they start with. Am I doing this wrong? I just love playing with Sheik the most and use her rupees to level up other characters I enjoy.

My Ganondorf is 99, Link and Zelda are around 80, everyone else is between 50 and 70 except for Zant and Agatha who can sit and rot at whatever level they started with.

EDIT to point out that I've been farming levels on the lower left corner of Master Quest (Rack up your KOS lv 12). It's super fun murdering 2500 guys in 10 minutes so I go and do it to relax most times I play.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Naerasa posted:

EDIT to point out that I've been farming levels on the lower left corner of Master Quest (Rack up your KOS lv 12). It's super fun murdering 2500 guys in 10 minutes so I go and do it to relax most times I play.

That map is worth a disgusting amount of XP. I don't bother with the waifu map anymore because of it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Finally friggin got Zant's LV3. The last time it all finally clicked for me and the mission was easy as balls. At the start, run forward, turn into a giant, and stomp dudes heads in until your crazy meter is full. Buzz saw forward and then hit them with your special at the end of your meter. Then just piss off, you've taken off enough health that your dudes can take them.

Around then Manhandla stalks show up, start taking them from right to left, then Kick Fi's rear end, remembering to quickly take the base right beside her to give yourself a buffer. Then go shank Sheik, maybe take the other central base if you're fast enough, then stick around to fight off the new Fiery Dinolfos. It's really goddamn important to kill him before he disappears. Not because he'll take your base, but because 'Dorf is gonna be dealing with a lot of poo poo and if he's alive he'll be the tipping point that gets him killed.

After that it's just having enough time to take out Girahim because--as much as I love this game--KT still mistakes a ridiculous health bar for difficulty.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Flytrap posted:

Finally friggin got Zant's LV3. The last time it all finally clicked for me and the mission was easy as balls. At the start, run forward, turn into a giant, and stomp dudes heads in until your crazy meter is full. Buzz saw forward and then hit them with your special at the end of your meter. Then just piss off, you've taken off enough health that your dudes can take them.

Around then Manhandla stalks show up, start taking them from right to left, then Kick Fi's rear end, remembering to quickly take the base right beside her to give yourself a buffer. Then go shank Sheik, maybe take the other central base if you're fast enough, then stick around to fight off the new Fiery Dinolfos. It's really goddamn important to kill him before he disappears. Not because he'll take your base, but because 'Dorf is gonna be dealing with a lot of poo poo and if he's alive he'll be the tipping point that gets him killed.

After that it's just having enough time to take out Girahim because--as much as I love this game--KT still mistakes a ridiculous health bar for difficulty.

What level was your Zant?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dunban posted:

What level was your Zant?

It says 55 right now, but I think I gained a level or two during the stage.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Well, I managed to get two more level 3 weapons last night, Impa's non giant sword and Midna's. I cannot get through Darunia's or Sheik's though. With Sheik's, the people I'm trying to rescue always seem to get murdered before I can get over there to help them. With Darunia's, I find ignorning Ganondorf helps, but at some point, Zelda always piles into the Allied Base with a horde of moblins and I have to just sit there wasting time instead of taking keeps, plus Darunia is just too slow not to take damage when he's surrounded by that many. It's not even Zelda, who I usually crush before she can do much damage, it's just the moblins; four or five them is enough to basically take up the entire screen.

I want my better hammer and harp!

e: I only have two level 50 characters (Link and Midna), although everyone else is between 40 and 50. I have no idea how you guys are getting people to level 60 and above.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bicyclops posted:

e: I only have two level 50 characters (Link and Midna), although everyone else is between 40 and 50. I have no idea how you guys are getting people to level 60 and above.

Too much god damned time on my hands, plus I can't put this game down.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

My characters range from 55(Volga)-74(Zelda) after doing the entirety of both the standard Adventure Mode map and Master Quest, getting all the skulltulas, costumes, and weapons (but not A-Ranks or Heart Pieces). You'll get there eventually just by playing.

People with higher level characters either play single characters exclusively, or actively grind levels. Both of those seem boring to me so I haven't done it.

I guess I'm done with this game for now, until the next DLC drops. Master Quest was pretty good, though I hope the future DLCs have more variety since they're taking longer. I would really like some new enemies and stages, in addition to new characters and weapons and whatnot.

The one thing I haven't done is beat all the reward maps, but the Boss Rush one isn't the only one that's ridiculously hard. The one added with Master Quest has 3 Imprisoneds. I think I may just wait until I naturally level up over the course of future DLCs to do those.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Running though the entire Legend mode as Ganondorf to pick up all the basic Skultulas I ignored the first time around and making sure every weapon I use has Rupees+ on it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

The one thing I haven't done is beat all the reward maps, but the Boss Rush one isn't the only one that's ridiculously hard. The one added with Master Quest has 3 Imprisoneds. I think I may just wait until I naturally level up over the course of future DLCs to do those.

Speaking of, there's one level with Ganondorf that's a "Beat all the enemies!" with 3 Imprisoned (two little ones) in the first keep that have an ungodly amount of hit points. Breaking down the weak point meter on the big one only takes it down about a quarter health and not even emptying the Dorf's special destroys its toes. I don't think it even has a reward besides like, a heart container for an A rank, which I will probably never get even if I try, but hoo boy.

Flytrap posted:

Running though the entire Legend mode as Ganondorf to pick up all the basic Skultulas I ignored the first time around and making sure every weapon I use has Rupees+ on it.

Yeah, every time I get a level 3, I dump Rupees + and EXP + on it if I have them and I usually do. I will admit that has helped in bringing the Cia crew up. I have them at 40, but they still need 2 levels to catch up to my next lowest, Zant.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
Basically this is the most I've enjoyed of a Zelda game since Majora's Mask, fully acknowledged that this isn't a "proper" Zelda game.

This game is so rad. And as at least one of you have mentioned, it's the perfect thing for coming home from work.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bicyclops posted:

Well, I managed to get two more level 3 weapons last night, Impa's non giant sword and Midna's. I cannot get through Darunia's or Sheik's though. With Sheik's, the people I'm trying to rescue always seem to get murdered before I can get over there to help them. With Darunia's, I find ignorning Ganondorf helps, but at some point, Zelda always piles into the Allied Base with a horde of moblins and I have to just sit there wasting time instead of taking keeps, plus Darunia is just too slow not to take damage when he's surrounded by that many. It's not even Zelda, who I usually crush before she can do much damage, it's just the moblins; four or five them is enough to basically take up the entire screen.

I want my better hammer and harp!

Darunia's level 3 took me several tries. One thing that was a huge help was having a 5 star level 2 weapon with Strength IV and Fire+ on it, because his C4 combo is a ridiculous crowd clearer that just gets even better with those two abilities. I think the path I eventually followed was something like:

- At the start, run forward and use C4 on Ganondorf's group of dudes once or twice.
- Go to the objective keep just south of there and lower its health but don't capture it.
- Head south while quickly killing the two Siege Captains that spawn.
- Take out the two objective keeps in the far south.
- Ignore the objective Shield Moblin that spawns in your keep until he moves to your Allied Base. Instead, finish taking the keep you weakened at the start and then take the final objective keep.
- Clear your base out. If you have to use Magic, do it. Otherwise, use the C4 combo a lot, use specials when they're stocked up, and weak point smashes when convenient. Also, it seemed like getting a Shield Moblin to block exactly two attacks made them belly flop often, so you can try to exploit that to help out.
- Finally, murder Link. This is the easy part of the scenario.

I wouldn't try to get the extra heart container and piece of heart in the same run; there's just too much stuff to do to spare the time to take those two extra keeps unless you're already overleveled.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009
I finally got the summoning gate for Lana. It's a strong contender for my new favorite weapon. I didn't really get it at first, but once it clicked it just decimated everything. It never wants to let me use the powered-up Argorok, though. It always gives me Gohma, which is fine with me, because that also ends in keep-clearing explosions. I also get Manhandla a lot, which also seems pretty useful, since that poison circle just melts everything while I set up bullet seed.

Just an all around fun weapon.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Since we're sharing strategies, let me share my Zelda's Baton Lvl 2 stage strat:

1. Take the Lvl 2 Rapier
2. Turn around, smack that rear end in a top hat behind you as you start the level
3. Head towards yellow primary base, killing the Gibdo along the way and cutting grass for magic
4. Fight with the lizard dude in there for a while, take the magic pot
5. oh poo poo wizzro and volga and pretty much the entire red army walked into my base and it's shooting danger messages
6. gently caress gotta get over there run run run oh great the yellow guys are there too
7. shitshitshit the base has like 5% health left
8. Run into the base, drop a Magic meter if I have a full one
9. Begin ten minute desperate base defense where I fight two entire armies in a mad last stand that never lets up until both armies are all but dead, including the entire yellow army deciding to storm the base halfway through, their commander somewhere in there
10. Finally kill approximately 2000 people in one base including every named commander that isn't Ghirahim, with the base itself holding on by like 1% health left
11. Go beat the poo poo out of Ghirahim in like a minute and a half because after all that he's kind of weak

As you can tell, this was a well thought out strategy.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Darunia's level 3 took me several tries. One thing that was a huge help was having a 5 star level 2 weapon with Strength IV and Fire+ on it, because his C4 combo is a ridiculous crowd clearer that just gets even better with those two abilities. I think the path I eventually followed was something like:

- At the start, run forward and use C4 on Ganondorf's group of dudes once or twice.
- Go to the objective keep just south of there and lower its health but don't capture it.
- Ignore the objective Shield Moblin that spawns in your keep until he moves to your Allied Base. Instead, finish taking the keep you weakened at the start and then take the final objective keep.
- Clear your base out. If you have to use Magic, do it. Otherwise, use the C4 combo a lot, use specials when they're stocked up, and weak point smashes when convenient. Also, it seemed like getting a Shield Moblin to block exactly two attacks made them belly flop often, so you can try to exploit that to help out.

I wouldn't try to get the extra heart container and piece of heart in the same run; there's just too much stuff to do to spare the time to take those two extra keeps unless you're already overleveled.

That's pretty much what I did, except I only used C4 to clear objective keeps. When I was back at the base running defense, I mostly used c2 and went fir weakpoints and spammed specials.

Also while ignoring the captain that disappears and reappears in your base is probably the way to go, I'd spare the time after taking the two south keeps to go kill the two siege captains that cut your base health in half if you leave them alone. It'll let your base hold out longer when you're fighting link. They have much, much less hp than the one that disappears.

Edit: Also when moving to and from the south keeps, go down the middle path. I find zelda is much more likely to charge your base quickly if you run right past her

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 27, 2014

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Thanks, that's helpful. Is the Strength 4 combo the lava boulder chuckAre there really only three objective keeps? My god, I could have sworn there were at least five, but it may just be that I had to keep recapturing them. I did miss one of the seige captains.

edit: Darunia is one of the few people I have three SP meters for, so spamming his special definitely helps, but those Moblins have some drat hit points on them!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Finally got the level 3 ball and chain. The trick: gently caress those poes and Lana, just run away and go fight Ruto or capture the central keep or something. She'll come find you later.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

THE loving MOON posted:

That's pretty much what I did, except I only used C4 to clear objective keeps. When I was back at the base running defense, I mostly used c2 and went fir weakpoints and spammed specials.

Also while ignoring the captain that disappears and reappears in your base is probably the way to go, I'd spare the time after taking the two south keeps to go kill the two siege captains that cut your base health in half if you leave them alone. It'll let your base hold out longer when you're fighting link. They have much, much less hp than the one that disappears.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that C2 is good for weakpoints as long as you get the juggle hit off before the weakness meter goes away, since you can then just weak combo to take out the meter in one go. I did mention the Siege Captains, though. I took them out ASAP while moving to take the two southernmost keeps.

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks, that's helpful. Is the Strength 4 combo the lava boulder chuckAre there really only three objective keeps? My god, I could have sworn there were at least five, but it may just be that I had to keep recapturing them. I did miss one of the seige captains.

edit: Darunia is one of the few people I have three SP meters for, so spamming his special definitely helps, but those Moblins have some drat hit points on them!

C4 is the thing where he makes fire shoot along the ground and it fans out as it moves forward.

There are four objective keeps, the top right, the top middle, and the southwest and southeast ones. In my route I weaken the top middle one, then take the two southernmost ones (which spawns the invade Shield Moblin in the keep near your base). Then you want to quickly take the other two keeps before you have to go rescue your base.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
What kinda progress have you guys made on the "Rescue an ally 500 times" medal? I've been playing the game a lot and I'm still only at 150/500.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yeah, I forgot to mention that C2 is good for weakpoints as long as you get the juggle hit off before the weakness meter goes away, since you can then just weak combo to take out the meter in one go. I did mention the Siege Captains, though. I took them out ASAP while moving to take the two southernmost keeps.

C4 is the thing where he makes fire shoot along the ground and it fans out as it moves forward.

There are four objective keeps, the top right, the top middle, and the southwest and southeast ones. In my route I weaken the top middle one, then take the two southernmost ones (which spawns the invade Shield Moblin in the keep near your base). Then you want to quickly take the other two keeps before you have to go rescue your base.

Oops I wasn't clear. I meant it takes them a pretty long time to actually sabotage the base so if you book it south from the word go you can take the south keeps, hit the siege captains in your base, and then loop around to hit the other two keeps.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Darunia's level 3 is a nightmare and I'm just gonna tackle it with my friend in co op mode

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dunban posted:

What kinda progress have you guys made on the "Rescue an ally 500 times" medal? I've been playing the game a lot and I'm still only at 150/500.

I think I'm at like 250, because I am a mean person and care not for the screams of my Hylian Captain allies.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Just got to the Cucco Festival mission last night. Was a lot of fun, would attend the Cucco Festival again.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
My husband and I have Link, Fi and Ganondorf at 99 and everyone else is 71 or higher. He hasn't been playing with me much at all recently though cause he got Smash Bros, but I've gotten an hour or more of gameplay in every day for the past...while :| It's nice to curl up with a cat and wreck faces while I wait the required hour between thyroid med and being able to eat breakfast, so I've been steadily working my way around the Master Quest map. Have all the squares unlocked and all the searches done except a square or two that have hidden enemies still, gonna get the items to search those tomorrow. Then it'll be time to get gold skulltulas or heart pieces or 8 bit weapons, I bounce around a ton so I don't burn myself out on it. My goal is to try to get everything myself and only ask hubby dearest to P2 for me if I still can't get them after doing all the stuff I can do. Which will include having him P1 for all the Agitha-limited missions cause I HATE playing her. The others are okay to fantastic, but I reeeally don't like using her.

Dunban posted:

We're somewhere over halfway, there was a map I farmed kills on for awhile before the Master Quest rack up kills maps were a thing, so I'd save at least one dude per run. The Faron Woods legend mode has Gohma attack your base at the end and when Hubby and I were trying to get the skulltula to show up we got a bunch of saves cause she kept lasering everyone in the base... I don't like doing the story modes though, just wanna wreck things and not have to wait forever for the objectives/talking to catch up to what you've done (see Faron Woods where he and I'd kill Gohma and sit there for a minute or more waiting on the announcements to go "Kill the enemy leader! Oh, they summoned a big boss! *gasps of horror from npc shmucks in your base* Hey it might be weak to pointy things! Hit its weak point! Hit it while it's down! Oh, you killed it, good job here let's do a bunch of character talking before we finally show the victory banner and see how long the map took you!" and on and on and on).

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

KingEffingFrost posted:

Just got to the Cucco Festival mission last night. Was a lot of fun, would attend the Cucco Festival again.

I didn't A-rank it the first time, so I have to!

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

KingEffingFrost posted:

I tried it last night. Ganondorf got his poo poo thoroughly wrecked by a golden cucco's single peck. Did not enjoy the cucco festival.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hate traitor missions in Master Quest. I failed one at the very last second because Cia died because she can't keep her HPs up while I try to kill Sheik with Zelda. Why does Zelda get some of the most annoying Adventure Mode maps?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

I hate traitor missions in Master Quest. I failed one at the very last second because Cia died because she can't keep her HPs up while I try to kill Sheik with Zelda. Why does Zelda get some of the most annoying Adventure Mode maps?

An important thing to realize about traitor missions (and in fact any missions where the enemy is getting morale boosts) is that you can get rid of the morale boosts without having to kill every single enemy in the group. Killing all the leader enemies (King Bulblins, Stalfos, etc.) will drop the morale of their underlings. So with the turncoat soldiers, if you kill the slightly larger guys, the morale boosts will be less of a threat.

To be clear, this is in addition to the ones that are actually labeled "Turncoat Soldier" and show up on your map. You can and should kill them too. As long as your people aren't getting swamped with morale boosted enemies for the entire duration of the level they should be able to survive.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I played the Cucco festival level but I can't remember if I A ranked it.

e: I checked, I got a B rank and will have to play it again. I do not remember it very well for some reason.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 27, 2014

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I love this game but my one attempt at co-op was made more difficult by playing with the wiimote and joystick. I'm not sure if I want to drop a half-hundo for the WiiU controller; is it useful for any other games on the console?

Edit: Thanks, people!

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 27, 2014

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The Sean posted:

is it useful for any other games on the console?

Very. Seriously, for games that do not require use of the gamepad, or a wiimote for screen-pointing, the Pro controllers are awesome.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

The Sean posted:

I love this game but my one attempt at co-op was made more difficult by playing with the wiimote and joystick. I'm not sure if I want to drop a half-hundo for the WiiU controller; is it useful for any other games on the console?

The pro controller is a great purchase. If a game does not specifically require the gamepad, I've found that the pro controller is the best choice.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Can enemies actually trigger Cuccos? I remember bringing the Twilight Palace boss to the Cucco in the fairy fountain and it never got mad at him.

Also, is there a point to the Challenge Mode stuff? I remember getting to the last challenge and failing or something in the Deku Tree level and being sad. :(

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
"Whew, finally finished the mission, pretty sure I got it that ti- OH COME ON. What'd I mess up on?! I was under time, I had enough kills, I-"

Hyrule Warriors posted:

Dmg. Taken B 4,000

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- :byodood:

So at that point, I decide, gently caress it, I'm grabbing Zelda's third lightning resist badge. Ground out Redead Ashes by replaying the Temple of Souls in Legend Mode twice (got Impa and Fi their Heart Container and Heart Piece, too). Made the badge, went back into the Baton mission, killed the outpost dude near where you start, killed the lieutenant near him that opens up the Rogue base, booked it north, killed some of Volga's minions on my way to take out the messenger headed to the west side of the map, turned around to face Wizzro... gently caress. Volga followed me to Wizzro. gently caress it, fought them both, killed Wizzro without too much fuss, got some hits in on Volga, too. Booked it back to my base, stood in the hallway leading in to it, and proceeded to school both the Enemy and Rogue forces in the fine art of using a choke point to murder the gently caress out of anything that funnels into it, including some Gibdos, some Shield Moblins, Volga and the Rogue forces commander. Went and snagged the two keeps nearby after that, booked it all the way to the southern keep to grab the Heart piece, the flew my rear end all the way back up north (pausing to knock over the Rogue forces base keep because gently caress them that's why), knocked out the second Messenger after capturing the keep he gets stuck next to, then dove in to Girahim's keep and started wailing on him. Got a few messages that, "Hey, your base is in danger!" "Hey, your base is about to fall!" but just ignored them and finished off that pasty-rear end fop. Mission over. I got the drat Tier 2 Baton finally.

Hyrule Warriors posted:

KOs A 1,295
Clear Time A 13:33
Dmg. Taken A 2,000

:feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

"Whew, finally finished the mission, pretty sure I got it that ti- OH COME ON. What'd I mess up on?! I was under time, I had enough kills, I-"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- :byodood:

So at that point, I decide, gently caress it, I'm grabbing Zelda's third lightning resist badge. Ground out Redead Ashes by replaying the Temple of Souls in Legend Mode twice (got Impa and Fi their Heart Container and Heart Piece, too). Made the badge, went back into the Baton mission, killed the outpost dude near where you start, killed the lieutenant near him that opens up the Rogue base, booked it north, killed some of Volga's minions on my way to take out the messenger headed to the west side of the map, turned around to face Wizzro... gently caress. Volga followed me to Wizzro. gently caress it, fought them both, killed Wizzro without too much fuss, got some hits in on Volga, too. Booked it back to my base, stood in the hallway leading in to it, and proceeded to school both the Enemy and Rogue forces in the fine art of using a choke point to murder the gently caress out of anything that funnels into it, including some Gibdos, some Shield Moblins, Volga and the Rogue forces commander. Went and snagged the two keeps nearby after that, booked it all the way to the southern keep to grab the Heart piece, the flew my rear end all the way back up north (pausing to knock over the Rogue forces base keep because gently caress them that's why), knocked out the second Messenger after capturing the keep he gets stuck next to, then dove in to Girahim's keep and started wailing on him. Got a few messages that, "Hey, your base is in danger!" "Hey, your base is about to fall!" but just ignored them and finished off that pasty-rear end fop. Mission over. I got the drat Tier 2 Baton finally.

:feelsgood:

Hyrule Warriors is the first game I've played in a long, long time that can get me worked up into a controller flinging rage. I came real close on that mission and on Darunia's and was only stopped by a little voice saying "One Hundred US Dollars" :supaburn:

There's literally nothing worse in the entire world than B-ranking with 4,000 damage or exactly 15 minutes.

• Locked thread