Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
hey what the hell pennsylvania! give our floating butt back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I think that it looks more like an anti-gravity scrotum.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

look my point is that i don't care how many diapers your sniper has used, my tax dollars paid for that sky genitalia

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Libelous Slander posted:

look my point is that i don't care how many diapers your sniper has used, my tax dollars paid for that sky genitalia

SkyBalls can be repurposed back to do whatever Ohio was doing with it before loaning it out . The Rook will never be anything but a total waste of money.

Edit:

WNEP News posted:

However, troopers said it was too windy to test out the balloon and they will try again Monday.

PA State Trooper test yesterday was scrapped due to wind. 10mph is enough to ground the system. I hope ODOT is billing PA for this amazing, cost-effective tool they've graciously lended.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 28, 2014

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I'm sure its been mentioned before but I love that the rook is named after the chess piece that can only move in a straight line.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

origami posted:

I'm sure its been mentioned before but I love that the rook is named after the chess piece that can only move in a straight line.

yeah well we'd have a whole different batch of jokes if they named it the queen

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

id like to float the buttscrotum around john boehners district

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

XMNN posted:

it's probably even more expensive than they're admitting to once you factor in lost revenue from pigs wandering aimlessly in the woods instead of writing traffic tickets

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-eric-frein-police-citations-20141018-story.html#page=1

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Curse you Pierre Jules César Janssen :argh:

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Weather balloon, you say......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Ffr1U7KMY

Nobody is safe from Rover. Not even Diaper Snipers.
Or perhaps he should be called "the new Number 2"

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 27, 2014

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
you know, here's an idea.

publicly announce that funding has ceased, they suspect that Frein made it out of the area. Then keep a cadre of plain clothes officers in key locations; roads, bridges and so forth. and see if Frein comes out of the forest to gloat that he has won.

If the woods are too arduous to search, and being from PA I can understand that, why not try something different then brute loving force? Why not try and outsmart.....

Oh, I've answered my own question.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

quote:

However, troopers said it was too windy to test out the balloon and they will try again Monday.

stay safe scroter floater

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

VendaGoat posted:

and see if Frein comes out of the forest to gloat that he has won.

lol what? What exactly are you picturing here

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Parity warning posted:

lol what? What exactly are you picturing here

before I begin, please know that I believe he has already made good his escape to another country or, at the least, another state.

Honestly, I would imagine that if Frein was still in the woods, he cannot remain there indefinitely. What I would suggest is a feint. A Ruse.

Pull the uniformed officers from the woods, post plain clothes officers on all highways out of the area. Let Frein leave the woods and come to them. Lure him out with a false sense of security.

Now the GBS part of me, LOL cops morons DIAPER SNIPER FTW! :downs:

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
Frien is an alien and the weather balloon is to cover up the UFO crash site.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It's about time et got a remake.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Gotta love how loving WIND makes the giant balloon designed to float in the sky completely inoperable. What's next, a mini sub that can't stay in water for too long?

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

haljordan posted:

Gotta love how loving WIND makes the giant balloon designed to float in the sky completely inoperable. What's next, a mini sub that can't stay in water for too long?

Well there is the f-35 that blows up in a light rain. That's for the other thread though.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Frein shoots down the giant floating ballsack.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

before I begin, please know that I believe he has already made good his escape to another country or, at the least, another state.

Honestly, I would imagine that if Frein was still in the woods, he cannot remain there indefinitely. What I would suggest is a feint. A Ruse.

Pull the uniformed officers from the woods, post plain clothes officers on all highways out of the area. Let Frein leave the woods and come to them. Lure him out with a false sense of security.

A great idea. A forest full of cops dressed as german tourists tripping over their lederhosen and getting their old timey wind up cameras stolen by squirrels. SAtay safe diapoer snipoer.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lodin posted:

I hope Frein shoots down the giant floating ballsack.

I hope he traps it, attaches a wooden basket to it and floats away to freedom while giving the cops double middle fingers.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

haljordan posted:

I hope he traps it, attaches a wooden basket to it and floats away to freedom while giving the cops double middle fingers.

That would be worth the cost of all of this

PoconoHermit
Oct 25, 2005

Fire in the hole, Internet!

VendaGoat posted:

That last bit is way smarter than all the previous bits.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
If you spent more than zero moments theorycrafting how to catch the diaper sniper you should kill yourself.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The Frein will not be restrained by your floating scro, bro.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El_Elegante posted:

If you spent more than zero moments theorycrafting how to catch the diaper sniper you should kill yourself.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

haljordan posted:

Giant balloons aren't very aerodynamic or maneuverable.
If you follow the links in the news article to the hilarious PDF advertising the specs of the Homeland Security anti-protest floatyballs, there's no listed description of the IR capability - this is a pretty good indication that it's sold separately.

A state department of transportation doesn't need super-duper IR sensor capabilities day to day (and sure as hell doesn't have the budget to buy it for kicks), so it wouldn't surprise me if this silly thing was ineffective even in ideal weather.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

El_Elegante posted:

why are we not just deforesting the entire state of PA to find him?

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Lutha Mahtin posted:

stay safe scroter floater

Now everybody
Have you heard
In the search for Frein
Yeah the scrote's the word
Don't take no hiking
No ability
Save our thirst for killin'
For James Tully and..

Scrote me, scrote me
Could hide through winter boy you move mighty well
Scrote me, scrote me
(Scrote)
Scrote me, scrote me
We got your number now
Scrote me, scrote me
Thought we found your diaper but know
You're just a sniper now

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

A reminder that no one in the entire state of PA seemed to give two shits about Joe Paterno's good buddy Jerry Sandusky loving little boys on the reg for like two decades but they'll roll out the entire arsenal to find Frein.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 28, 2014

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

haljordan posted:

A reminder that no one in the entire state of PA seemed to give two fucks about Joe Paterno's good buddy loving little boys on the reg for like two decades but they'll roll out the entire arsenal to find Frein.

Jesus Christ

:golfclap:

grope proof vest
Jan 11, 2006

lmao

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Don't know if it has been said yet, but:

D. B. Pooper

How much longer are they gonna search for this guy?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ShaqDiesel posted:

Now everybody
Have you heard
In the search for Frein
Yeah the scrote's the word
Don't take no hiking
No ability
Save our thirst for killin'
For James Tully and..

Scrote me, scrote me
Could hide through winter boy you move mighty well
Scrote me, scrote me
(Scrote)
Scrote me, scrote me
We got your number now
Scrote me, scrote me
Thought we found your diaper but know
You're just a sniper now

:eyepop:

(this is the song it's for)

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

haljordan posted:

A reminder that no one in the entire state of PA seemed to give two shits about Joe Paterno's good buddy Jerry Sandusky loving little boys on the reg for like two decades but they'll roll out the entire arsenal to find Frein.

Well, you see, footbawwwww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Got my Rook against sniper death
My buddy's breathin' "this diapers fresh..."
Ohio, please won't you send me more balloons

• Locked thread