Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
The wife's out of town, so I'm keeping myself occupied on this beautiful Saturday...

One of these

Six of these

Two games in one!

And this little beauty on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Also acquired it, goddamn that game is great.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yea but they integrated it into a cell phone, and not a monitor, and it wasn't intentional.
:golfclap: Just wanted you to know this didn't go unnoticed.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Why do you need two new pairs of docs every year. What are you doing to those poor boots?

Partying. Too hard, apparently.

Night Danger Moose posted:

A) tell me where you got this and b) tell me there's a canucks one too.

a) nhl.com b)Denied, sorry bro.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Erudite Sybarite posted:

Partying. Too hard, apparently.

There is however a wings one :smug:

gently caress that price tag though...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I bought this over Bayonetta 2, I'll get B2 next payday but I need my fix. I also bought Chris Jericho's new book.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought a douchebag starter kit!

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it seems pretty solid for a $20. And don't worry, I'm not going to use it in public.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

What model is this?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
this!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Erudite Sybarite posted:

I'm pretty sure they had every team when they first put them up.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Not this exact one, but one very similar to it. Got it used off Craigslist. Moving it was a pain in the rear end. Also not pictured: lots of game room decor.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Duraflame 450

It's a space heater that looks like a fireplace! :iamafag:

Nearly got frostbite in my apartment last year and my electric bill doubled when I use the integrated electric heat. So I'm hoping a modest space heater will keep me warm and keep my electric bill from jumping. I went for the fake fireplace look because every where I've lived until now had a fireplace and I really miss having one.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Tulip Candy posted:

Changing careers is fuuunnnnnnnn.
This is an excellent book. I've been using it to convince my never-done-UX-in-their-lives employers to actually do some ahead of our big new project and it's been invaluable in making me look like I actually know what I'm talking about.

Good luck!

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Be sure to get Norman's other books as well! You can read free previews on his site and judge for yourself, but I found them enlightening

Erudite Sybarite posted:

it's that time of year when all my boots turn to poo poo and i need replacements.

Jesus, get the Made in England ones instead, if they last you so little. They're double-stitched (even triple-stitched in some parts) and like twice as thick. Also ungodly expensive, but I think they're worth it

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bought a navy synthetic comforter to go with my white sheets and down comforter in a sage green duvet cover. King was same price as queen so I went with the bigger one despite my queen bed. Should make for a nice blanket fort.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Josh Lyman posted:

Bought a navy synthetic comforter to go with my white sheets and down comforter in a sage green duvet cover. King was same price as queen so I went with the bigger one despite my queen bed. Should make for a nice blanket fort.

I use a king-size comforter on a twin-sized bed, it's amazing. Blankets for days!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Josh Lyman posted:

AKA CJ and Leo's new home, yes?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

AKA CJ and Leo's new home, yes?
Leo is usually receptive to snuggling under the covers, and he'll often cuddle my legs to keep them warm. CJ is a bit more flaky and usually tries to escape after a short period.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
These two plus a pair of dark cobalt jeans I can't find a photo of:

Also this trucker jacket:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

My dad's been a professional photographer since the early 80s and used to shoot weddings on this. Is it still ~$30/roll or have prices hit rock bottom since film is a niche market in the age of digital?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I've got a bunch of little projects around the house to get done before winter hits, and I finally remembered that these exist and I can buy them at any time from Amazon.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
GTA San Andreas HD remake for the 360.

It's currently 3.74 on the xbox store.

Can't wait to get my bike riding skillz maxed out enough to pass cars on the freeway and leapfrog over them :3:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

GTA San Andreas HD remake for the 360.

It's currently 3.74 on the xbox store.

Can't wait to get my bike riding skillz maxed out enough to pass cars on the freeway and leapfrog over them :3:
It'll probably take much less effort than it used to considering all you need to do to go max speed now is hold down RT :v:

I got it too, earlier this afternoon. I had $5 in my Xbox account already so it was covered. This is one of those games I've been able to play over and over again for a decade and not get bored of.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
It's been Armageddon Expo weekend here. I didn't have as big a budget as previous years, so I didn't pick up much.

Metal Earth scale model of the Parthenon. Kitsets and Ancient Greece! Tickled my fancy so hard, I was thrilled to pick up the last one they had at the stand. Those bloody columns though, rolling 40+ of those fiddly little things really made a mess of my fingers.

Preowned, only cost me $4. I couldn't say no.

Kracie Popin Cookin hamburger set. Totally didn't expect to see them in New Zealand. Haven't made it up yet, but I am a little suspicious of the idea of rehydrating meat powder.

Not pictured, multiple kinds of American candy, including peanut butter Twix, peanut butter Snickers, Butterfinger, and a pack each of birthday cake and dark chocolate flavoured M&M's. What is it with you Americans and peanut butter? Also, birthday cake M&M's are garbage.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Peanut Butter is goddamn delicious.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Aristophanes posted:

Man I hope they make a new series of instruments and games like Guitar Hero/Rock Band for the new systems. I've gotten so many hundreds of hours out of those games.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Aristophanes posted:

Kracie Popin Cookin hamburger set. Totally didn't expect to see them in New Zealand. Haven't made it up yet, but I am a little suspicious of the idea of rehydrating meat powder.

Hint: It's not meat, it's candy.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Geoj posted:

My dad's been a professional photographer since the early 80s and used to shoot weddings on this. Is it still ~$30/roll or have prices hit rock bottom since film is a niche market in the age of digital?

It's about $10/roll. Film has actually gotten fairly popular again, so it's pretty easy to get. If anything prices will be going up.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

MaliciousOnion posted:

Actually Kracie is making some now that are actually meat, etc. That burger one and also a pizza one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.”

One of the great 70s sitcoms. A season one set was released in 2007 and it was horrendous due to the missing music issue. When the show was first broadcast, music rights were relatively cheap since the show was shot on videotape. Once the show went into syndication, the rights fell away bit by bit and syndicators had the choice to delete the scenes featuring the music, replace songs with similar sounding songs (which required the dialogue to be dubbed by impersonators), or replace the songs with generic music (also requiring dialog to be re-dubbed).

A lot of times the music was just playing in the background, but occasionally it would be an important part of the plot (like Elton John's "Tiny Dancer") or part of a joke (Pink Floyd's "Dogs").

Shout Factory has secured a majority of the music (an exception being the previously mentioned "Dogs"), so I am hoping for the best. I have so-so copies of most of the episodes with the original songs intact, so I may have a go at fixing what I can.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
I'm really jealous of you at this moment.

Aristophanes posted:

Buy Guitar Hero V whenever possible, it's the best opus and the party mode that lets people join on the fly is incredibly fun.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

It's pretty good. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Coffee And Pie posted:

But what is it?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bowmore posted:

But what is it?

new Taylor Swift album

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The Smashing pumpkins 1989

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I watched Three Kings with 2 iraqis sitting next to me when I deployed in 2004.

They were in tears for like 3/4 of the movie.

Waterboarding them were you?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muike posted:

The Smashing pumpkins 1989
The sequel to this, except made only by Billy Corgan and Tommy Lee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeETEoNfOg

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Zanael posted:

I'm really jealous of you at this moment.

Buy Guitar Hero V whenever possible, it's the best opus and the party mode that lets people join on the fly is incredibly fun.

Can't agree here - GH3 was the peak of the series. If not for the fact that the very last tier on Expert is the world's biggest poo poo show (Reign in Blood AND One... my fingers just cringed reflexively) it's far and away the most fun I've had with a GH game. Plus, "Slither" and "Impulse" are amazing.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Coffee And Pie posted:

She was on Graham Norton recently promoting the album and had an interesting exchange with John Cleese. Especially at 2:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WBCsiCqIAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

MaliciousOnion posted:

Nah, it was definitely meat. It all tasted surprisingly like a real hamburger combo, except with a slight chemical aftertaste. Not sure if I would have this again, but I'd go for a candy one next time.

Zanael posted:

I have GH V and Warriors of Rock already. I like III and V equally, and Warriors of Rock the least for the song choices.