Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Multiplayer stream vs bots: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/threatatl-s-ps4-live-show

He's playing KC. Confirming kills only gives 50 points instead of 100. :negative:

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Welp, just created a mountain dew FUEL UP FOR BATTLEŽ account.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It already had my account from like three call of duty games ago when they ran the same basic promotion.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Multiplayer stream vs bots: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/threatatl-s-ps4-live-show

He's playing KC. Confirming kills only gives 50 points instead of 100. :negative:

well that lasted all of one minute before the stream got banned

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ :argh:

Mill Village posted:

User banned. That lasted awhile.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 28, 2014

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

The Machinima Man posted:

A bunch of people on reddit have admitted to running around big box stores and writing down the codes on the back of 11 ounce Doritos bags (45 minutes a pop).

Not paying at all is pretty efficient. You'd think Doritos would stop putting the codes on the backs of the bags.

They're just on the back of the bags? Time to pay a visit to Walmart.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Machinima Man posted:

A bunch of people on reddit have admitted to running around big box stores and writing down the codes on the back of 11 ounce Doritos bags (45 minutes a pop).

Not paying at all is pretty efficient. You'd think Doritos would stop putting the codes on the backs of the bags.

Why don't they just photograph the back, it'd be a lot quicker. Just snap a couple dozen; first come, first served. :fygm:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
You guys are so cute with your Mt Dew and Dorito codes.

Is there an actual list of upgrades for each scorestreak from the leak?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Are death mics confirmed?

This is important.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
When I went grocery shopping today, I picked up a 4oz bag of Doritos and got this:

It's the closest thing I have to replace those Hitman Hart shades I had as a kid. I'm happy.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

bear is driving! posted:

"Show some loving respect you scrubs! You're being crushed by Youtube Superstar Rick Venutolo (R) (TM)"

He has a sandwich named after him, you know.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm still waiting for a remake of Castle

I'm waiting for a remake/update of MAG for the PS4. Yes, I am hopeless.:shepicide:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
If you order the digital pro package it says you get two unique guns. Are these really unique guns only available to digital pro players or are they just early unlocks for guns you get through normal play?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

Why the hell am I buying COD in the first place?

You're an rear end in a top hat. We all are.

Cab
Apr 23, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

If you order the digital pro package it says you get two unique guns. Are these really unique guns only available to digital pro players or are they just early unlocks for guns you get through normal play?

If history repeats itself... then they are exclusive for a few months. aka nuketown maps from blops 2 and other crap I can't recall.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Knifegrab posted:

The way it works now are there are hundreds of variants based on the base game's guns with small stat increases/decreases. The preorder probably gives a couple of the nicer variants. Its not totally new guns no one else can use I dont think.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So is there really any actual reason to get the digital pro version? Or if I'm patient can I eventually get everything in the normal version (minus obviously the terrible map packs that split the community)?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Yeah I was considering getting the digital pro version, $10 discount versus buying the season pass separately. Curious if any other Xbone goons are planning on getting it. If not I'll just get the normal version, no one ever plays the 4th map pack anyway.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I got it. A few did. A few didn't.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
IAmFrack and I both got Atlas Elite for 360, if it matters.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

No, 360 doesn't matter.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Oh.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Spoon Man posted:

No, 360 doesn't matter.

:smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It had a good run. :rip: 360, you were a good console with good games.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Fibby Boy posted:

Why the hell am I buying COD in the first place?

Wait until the next one is about to come out and then buy the this game used, like I always do. Playing a 2 year old game online with children and people who don't speak English as a first language is the only way to go.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It had a good run. :rip: 360, you were a good console with good games.

It still is good. Until rock smith comes out for the bone, anyway.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

hammeritme posted:

It's been so long since I've been in a CoD thread, I feel disoriented. Are PS4 players the master race finally?

I jumped from 360 to PS4. So did versus, slurms, and a few others I think.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLdVGptjaiJNQLnePo6bDPCgbLa9lJhn6Vsp6IOmjW0/edit#gid=0

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Have their been any confirmations on the resolution of the game on X1 or PS4? I can't imagine playing this with a PS4 controller but if there's that much difference, I guess i will.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

When I went grocery shopping today, I picked up a 4oz bag of Doritos and got this:

It's the closest thing I have to replace those Hitman Hart shades I had as a kid. I'm happy.

It's not Hacksaw Jim Duggan 2x4 but its pretty sweet.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

suddenlyissoon posted:

Have their been any confirmations on the resolution of the game on X1 or PS4? I can't imagine playing this with a PS4 controller but if there's that much difference, I guess i will.

900p on Xbone, 1080p on PS4. Also the PS4 version has no frame rate issues like Ghosts had.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

suddenlyissoon posted:

They've said it will be higher than Ghosts' 720p, but not what it is on each platform. It looks nice enough in the footage I've seen even with YouTube compression on it.

e:

Mill Village posted:

900p on Xbone, 1080p on PS4. Also the PS4 version has no frame rate issues like Ghosts had.

Source? I Googled and didn't see it.

900p's close enough that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway though. The Xbone version of Ghosts got framey ADSing with the rifles, hopefully that's gone too.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-cod-advanced-warfare-multiplayer

That's for the Xbone version. I'm pretty sure the PS4 version will be 1080p, but I can't remember where I saw that at.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Ugh I can't decide if I want to preorder the base game or be a loving moron and go for digital pro. Will normal players ever be able to play the digital pro only map?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Apologies if this has been extensively revealed, but the temptation to preorder this for PS4 is getting palpable. Especially for the early access. My question is: have they confirmed exactly what time Monday folks can play?

Technically, it says 24 hour early access. So if it releases at Midnight PST Tuesday, I would assume it would be available 1 minute after the end of Sunday Night. But folks use "24 hours early" very loosely in marketing.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Feenix posted:

Apologies if this has been extensively revealed, but the temptation to preorder this for PS4 is getting palpable. Especially for the early access. My question is: have they confirmed exactly what time Monday folks can play?

Technically, it says 24 hour early access. So if it releases at Midnight PST Tuesday, I would assume it would be available 1 minute after the end of Sunday Night. But folks use "24 hours early" very loosely in marketing.

In fact, it is now 27 hours early access on the US West Coast. But yes, it unlocks at Midnight Eastern.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Merry Marauder posted:

In fact, it is now 27 hours early access on the US West Coast. But yes, it unlocks at Midnight Eastern.

Oh poo poo? So 9pm in West Coast Land on Sunday?

Guess Downton Abbey gonna have to take a back seat!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Knifegrab posted:

Ugh I can't decide if I want to preorder the base game or be a loving moron and go for digital pro. Will normal players ever be able to play the digital pro only map?

It seems like the pre-order bonuses always go up for DLC at some point. I can't imagine CoD:A&W will be any different in that respect. I pre-ordered physical in case this CoD is as bad as Treyarch games and then I can stupidly trade this in at Gamespot for Dragon Age or something.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Knifegrab posted:

I bought the vanilla digital, and I still have the option of upgrading until March 25th- by which point, we should know if it's worth getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Xbox 360 is going to be 30fps, I just know it! gently caress! gently caress!

• Locked thread