Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Just took Boss Sligh to standard. Outperformed my expectations!

Round 1 was 2-0 vs. BW control. He was way, way too slow, and especially once I boarded in the Eidolons he couldn't even profitably aim removal at my mans.

Round 2 was 0-2 vs. Mardu midrange. Game one he kept a hand with three Chained to the Rocks and tore apart my actually pretty sweet opener. I kinda see why Peak Eruptions were in the sideboard. Once Brimaz came down I was pretty much stonewalled.

Round 3 was 2-0 vs. big green devotion (with a black splash). I got in under him for the most part. I don't remember too much about this, only that my deck basically did what it was supposed to do. Game one I know he was stuck off a black source to cast the Doomwake Giant in his hand.

Round 4 was 2-0 vs. Sultai devotion. Game one I developed a decent board with an early Hall of Triumph but he Singing Bell Strike'd a Foundry Street Denizen. I had a totally sweet double Coordinated Assault play which got me four extra damage, two tokens, and let me eat a Polukranos and a Genesis Hydra, which was cool. Eventually he was at 2 with double coursers-- made shitloads of mana, dropped his whole hand, then played a land to go to 4. I took a deep breath and ripped the Stoke :clint:. Game two I drew both of my Harnesses-- he was holding up Negate mana (and I had seen it through Courser) so I Strike'd him to bait it. He didn't bite. On my turn I passed with 2 mana open, on his turn he tanked for a while then played a Prophet of Kruphix off his only blue source. His EOT I Strike'd it, then harnessed the Polukranos and crashed in for 11, then untapped and burned him again.

It was a super good feeling. I was really pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Dungeon Ecology posted:

I already know that the answer is "because Commander," but why wouldn't this create one mana of any color? Manalith isn't broken by any means, and this is just a manalith with some extra reach late game. I could totally see this thing working in limited if it were an uncommon Manalith + late-game destroy target permanent.

This isn't a bad point. As far as oft-seen Commander artifact rampers go, 3CMC is usually the domain of 'tap for one in any colour, plus upside'. Darksteel Ingot is indestructible, Coalition Relic can ramp a little more if you don't use it the previous turn, and Chromatic Lantern solves colour screw for you, to name three. Not every card in a precon is going to be a bomb, though.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk
Looks like the black Commander deck has leaked. The Legendary reprint is Drana, and there's a land that shuts off your opponent's hexproof and shroud, which quite frankly for me might be the best card to come out of Commander 2014 because gently caress some of my local decks.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Fish Of Doom posted:

This wouldn't even be very good in limited. Would any one really play this in a commander deck?

I think you're underestimating this card, early on it gives mana and still does stuff late.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Oh man Gravy Train's in the black one, will all the decks have their Titans in them? That seems reasonable, I suppose, and gives instant value to the green deck since Prime Time is sitting at like $12.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Boco_T posted:

Oh man Gravy Train's in the black one, will all the decks have their Titans in them? That seems reasonable, I suppose, and gives instant value to the green deck since Prime Time is sitting at like $12.

There's just one problem...

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Symphonie posted:

Looks like the black Commander deck has leaked. The Legendary reprint is Drana, and there's a land that shuts off your opponent's hexproof and shroud, which quite frankly for me might be the best card to come out of Commander 2014 because gently caress some of my local decks.

Oh good I can interact with Narset in ways besides "have Thrun".

This also means Narset can interact with Thrun in ways besides "have Council's Judgement".

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I'm wondering if each deck will have part of the command cycle. If so, put me down for 4 blue decks.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Of course I rushed to post that before I also saw that it has a Zenith and Command in there, so if that really is a cycle plan then you know what that means for the blue one...

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Symphonie posted:

Is it just me or are there a shitload of rares/mythics for a precon? I mean, not that I'm complaining, but am I just imagining that? And if not, is it something that we knew about?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Was really hoping for a Damnation reprint in the black deck, it was missing from the FTV this year and is dire need of a reprint.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
The art for Spoils of Blood is seriously cool.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Reprinting cryptic command is a good idea and would be no worse than TNN costing the price of the deck when it came out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Commander's Sphere is nice. I mean it's just another 3-mana any color rock, but the straight up "sac to draw a card" is a nice clean ability I can get behind.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

JerryLee posted:

Is it just me or are there a shitload of rares/mythics for a precon? I mean, not that I'm complaining, but am I just imagining that? And if not, is it something that we knew about?

The Commander Decks were mostly rare/mythic rare last year.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Huh, so Ob Nixilis was middle-aged when his spark ignited, that's kind of neat (also we'll probably never see his home plane ever). Although I have to say, while it's very good for a demon, 'Ob Nixilis' sounds like a really ridiculous name for a human to have.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Sad about no Damnation. They'll have to reprint it eventually!

Arcane Lighthouse is going to see oodles of play, though, Commander's Sphere is better than Mind Stone for one more mana, and Necromantic Selection is a fun sweeper. Looks pretty good!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Definitely seems like more rares/mythics than the first Commander precons from what I recall. I didn't buy any last year, so I can't compare on that basis.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

The Lord of Hats posted:

Huh, so Ob Nixilis was middle-aged when his spark ignited, that's kind of neat (also we'll probably never see his home plane ever). Although I have to say, while it's very good for a demon, 'Ob Nixilis' sounds like a really ridiculous name for a human to have.

I'm not sure his name isn't Nixilis given the Planewalker -- Nixilis. Is Ob a weird title? Who knows.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The planeswalker type lines are horribly inconsistent as far as first name / last name goes.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

whydirt posted:

Definitely seems like more rares/mythics than the first Commander precons from what I recall. I didn't buy any last year, so I can't compare on that basis.

I recently decided to open my 4 unopened 2013 commander decks. 4 of the decks have 106 rares(including lands) between them, so each of last year's deck had at least 25 rares/mythics.

oryx
Nov 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did this get posted yet? Looks like someone spoiled a full commander deck:

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/EG0G4

Deck list plus all the new cards in the gallery.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Malicious Affliction makes my peasant cube sad.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Been a bit down on Daarken's work lately, but Ob Nixilis is pretty sweet.

Quoting this for a new page, Ob Nixilis is metal as all gently caress and I love it.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Hopefully all decks get their respective Command, Sun's Zenith, and Titan (except Green since Primeval is banned).

Malicious Affliction is sweet. Doom Blade with upside.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Hopefully all decks get their respective Command, Sun's Zenith, and Titan (except Green since Primeval is banned).

Malicious Affliction is sweet. Doom Blade with upside.

Talk like that makes me very scared because now I have to get rid of my Cryptic Command RIGHT THIS SECOND! :tinfoil:

Edit: Also, the Red Deck is called Built From Scratch.

Who was a planeswalker and also liked to build poo poo?

Don't care if it was literally 3 minutes it still happened.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 28, 2014

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

oryx posted:

Man, someone is gonna get hung for this. And the deck list looks awesome.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Count Bleck posted:

Talk like that makes me very scared because now I have to get rid of my Cryptic Command RIGHT THIS SECOND! :tinfoil:

I don't know. They reprinted the red and white Commands in Commander 2013 with no Cryptic reprint. They're probably doing black and green this time around.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
If all the decks have the appropriate Titan and Command this could do wonders for their pricing (excluding Prime Time since he's banned (unless they forgot that part and threw him in there anyway)). The prices of the individual cards that is, I fully expect the Blue deck to be way over-priced at basically every LGS. I'll just scrounge around at the local Wal-marts and Targets to find one at retail price.

They (or MaRo at least) did say they were going to get more aggressive with reprinting things in supplemental products and if the cycles are there this is a great first step.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Symphonie posted:

Malicious Affliction looks sweet as hell.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Count Bleck posted:

I'll accept this. Gimme my goblin planeswalker dude, WOTC!

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Crucible of Worlds loves you, baby.

As do flicker effects. And Fetchlands.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

RiP Tajic deck. You were fun for me and nobody else while you lasted.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Count Bleck posted:

Crucible of Worlds loves you, baby.

As do flicker effects. And Fetchlands.

My mind immediately went to Obliterate (albeit not in a deck with her as the commander).

Between Titania and Freyalise, the green deck is pushing my nostalgia button pretty hard. And it is awesome.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

JerryLee posted:

My mind immediately went to Obliterate (albeit not in a deck with her as the commander).

Between Titania and Freyalise, the green deck is pushing my nostalgia button pretty hard. And it is awesome.

Now all we need is Dyfed to show up and it'll be golden.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Cernunnos posted:

If all the decks have the appropriate Titan and Command this could do wonders for their pricing (excluding Prime Time since he's banned (unless they forgot that part and threw him in there anyway)).

They might do what they did after the stoneforge/squadronhawk incident and say that prime time is legal only if played in a 100% unchanged green precon commander deck

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

I love the flavor on this one. During the Brother's War Urza and Mishra were burning through every resource they could get their hands on to fight one another. Titania started fighting back against both of them by summoning huge elementals because they kept tearing down her forest. Then she died when Urza detonated the Sylex. Rip.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

drat, that Karametra list I've been sitting on keeps looking better and better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

oryx posted:

But Pontiff of Blight has hybrid mana in its rules text, wouldn't that make its inclusion in a Mono-Black deck illegal?

• Locked thread