Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Woohoo, sweet freedom.

So, yeah, turns out that door has been broken for over a year and nobody bothered to let me know, or, you know, actually fix the problem. They had some tape slapped over the latch but it fell off when I opened the door.

Pretty par for the course around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

That's likely a stolen design.
http://www.rotary13b1.com/c/key_chains.html

As far as I know, Rotary13B1 is the only (legal) seller of those. He designed them. I could be wrong, of course.
(Full disclosure: I own one of the Rotary 13B1 spinning rotor keychains. The solid cast rotors are cool, too.)

I read that menu, was planning journey up to Allen, and then noticed there's a Bedford location. Whelp, I know where I'm going next food outing.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

This is the email signature I recently received from someone who works at a large government-funded lab. Note that this was on her corporate email account:

I mean it's ok to say you're down with the Jesus, but would you really want that to go out on every email you send? Your deeply-held belief that God supports your favorite football team?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 223 days!)

Slow is Fast posted:

I was looking at this mail in service

G**D LUCK.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I mean it's ok to say you're down with the Jesus, but would you really want that to go out on every email you send? Your deeply-held belief that God supports your favorite football team?

Lord knows- they need all the help they can get. :q:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You'd think God would be a Saints fan. :catholic:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/27/luxury/ferrari-car-sergio/index.html

So, apparently Ferrari released another hideous, super limited run invite only supercar.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

T1g4h posted:

So, apparently Ferrari released another hideous, super limited run invite only supercar.

Ferrari is proof the super rich are truly morons.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Sorry, I refuse to hate on a Pininfarina car dedicated to Paolo's dead dad.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Sorry, I refuse to hate on a Pininfarina car dedicated to the dude's dead dad.

The dedication is cool and all, but that car makes the Enzo look refined and gorgeous, and that's saying something.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

This is the email signature I recently received from someone who works at a large government-funded lab. Note that this was on her corporate email account:

That's why there is a hole in the top of texas stadium. So God can watch.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

T1g4h posted:

The Sergio you say... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Trolling mall cops is never not funny.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Darchangel posted:

That's likely a stolen design.

It's an aliexpress item. Of course it's a stolen design.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
A 2010 Sym Symba isn't a bad idea, right? It's also black, so it'll fit in with the Mazda2, Miata, and SC300.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcd/4716506452.html

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cakefool posted:

Said gently caress it and booked tomorrow off to spend some time with my kid, dropped the car off to have the clicking noise checked out. Turns out it's a job I can do myself for £100 or pay someone else £200.

What I'm saying is it seems I'm willing to pay the extra £100 to spend tomorrow with my kid rather than under the car.

I won't regret this decision.

I'm to the point now where I'd like to do this but I can't afford to :(

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So CAT7A cable is crazy. All the pairs are wrapped in foil individually and all 4 pairs are wrapped in braided aluminum as a whole.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress cars, I bought a bunch of robots THAT TURN INTO CARS.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So CAT7A cable is crazy. All the pairs are wrapped in foil individually and all 4 pairs are wrapped in braided aluminum as a whole.

Yes it is. Its got some crazy standards for EM protection.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CommieGIR posted:

Yes it is. Its got some crazy standards for EM protection.

So strip back 6" of jacket, strip off all the shielding, untwist all the pairs, and jam them into a screw-terminal flush-mount socket, right? :v:

(seriously, how do you deal with connecting all the shields on that stuff? I've only dealt with stp cat5e which isn't too bad.)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

So strip back 6" of jacket, strip off all the shielding, untwist all the pairs, and jam them into a screw-terminal flush-mount socket, right? :v:

(seriously, how do you deal with connecting all the shields on that stuff? I've only dealt with stp cat5e which isn't too bad.)

The shields are supposed to be part of the Connector itself, a'la

The metal shielding grounds to the switch or hub's ports.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CommieGIR posted:

The shields are supposed to be part of the Connector itself, a'la

The metal shielding grounds to the switch or hub's ports.

Right, but how do the individual pair shields connect to the main shield? Just through contact within the jacket? Or do they get terminated separately?

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
For those that don't lurk IRC, this is one of the impact sockets we have at work. We don't use them all the time, but when you are using one, you are probably running that impact all loving day.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Saw an Allante in the wild for the first time today. Metallic gold/beige, convertible, looked in decent shape.
They really are majestic shitheaps. A car so simultaneously awful and awesome to look at it's impossible to describe.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

Right, but how do the individual pair shields connect to the main shield? Just through contact within the jacket? Or do they get terminated separately?

They get terminated separately, the shielding just works as a Faraday cage around the bundle

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Here ya go. On the plus side it doesn't kink and make buttholes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Here ya go. On the plus side it doesn't kink and make buttholes.

I have that math book!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I have like 2 copies of every book for school this year because I did a similar program already. I technically didn't have to go back to school but people from work are all taking a 2 yr course for their systems information technician license so I decided to take it to as a prep for the test.

I wonder if you rip all the foil off around the pairs or fold them back on top of the braided foil and bond it all to the jack...

Also... I guess they don't want you to comb out all the cables in the IDF anymore to prevent alien crosstalk.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 28, 2014

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I have like 2 copies of every book for school this year because I did a similar program already. I technically didn't have to go back to school but people from work are all taking a 2 yr course for their systems information technician license so I decided to take it to as a prep for the test.

I wonder if you rip all the foil off around the pairs or fold them back on top of the braided foil and bond it all to the jack...

Also... I guess they don't want you to comb out all the cables in the IDF anymore to prevent alien crosstalk.

Twist the foil and solder to the jack grounding strip.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
On the topic of Ferrari:

http://store.ferrari.com/ca_en/collectibles/memorabilia/f1-car-parts/ferrari-crankshaft-10v-on-carbon-fibre-base.html

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

At a certain point there just needs to be fiber patch panels and switches everywhere. FIS Cheetah connectors and a fusion splicer make it cake.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm looking at a 2012 Sportwagon TDI tomorrow. I feel like I need to turn in my man card or something. Quick, someone find me something for under $20k that gets 30MPG and doesn't look like a loaf of wonder bread.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oh come on, it's at least actually a wagon and a diesel, unlike my CR-V. Also, I know there's at least one and probably two TDI Sportwagen owners here already.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

the spyder posted:

I'm looking at a 2012 Sportwagon TDI tomorrow. I feel like I need to turn in my man card or something. Quick, someone find me something for under $20k that gets 30MPG and doesn't look like a loaf of wonder bread.

2014+ Mazda3.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Get the Sportwagen. Everything else under 20k with 30+mpg is too cute.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Doesn't the Sportwagen freeze its intercooler into a block of ice in the cold, and make mud in said intercooler in the summer?

loving Volkswagen.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I got to drive a friend's '96 SL320 tonight. After driving 4 bangers all my life it was amazing how the motor pulled through 3...4...5 grand with absolutely no drama. Probably the smoothest engine I've ever experienced.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

2014+ Mazda3.

For under 20k? If so that's the best option right there.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
As an owner of a '13 tdi sportwagen, I would be really tempted to recommend the 3 over it.

The JSW is bigger though.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

leica posted:

For under 20k? If so that's the best option right there.

You wouldn't be able to get the one with the 2.5l engine but you could still get the 155hp one. You'd be able to get a mid-specish hatchback for 20k or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

let me know how the oil filter change goes

• Locked thread